Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG (33701 Views)

If You Are Unemployed Consider This / 4 Reasons Why You Are Unemployed Despite Your Constant Application Trials / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by seunlayi(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
This people still have the mouth to talk

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Gana101(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
How many of his children have skill but they work in NNPC, FIRS,CBN etc

4 Likes

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Theunbothered: 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Remember that the federal government has placed an embargo on hiring new workers into the civil service since October 2019 .

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Asadujames202(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by snoopz: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
This one dey ment, which skill set e dey talk about? majority of the people in government positions cant even speak English fluently...
See that immigration Officer that couldn't salute properly and many more like that. With no qualifications but connection

Yoths said ok we no wan govt job, you dey restrict bank account of youths under 31 with money in their accounts again, you no give us job, we find job get money you dey freeze us again

Wetin you una want sef

Baba just keep quiet no vex me atallll

2 Likes

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by ovieigho(m): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
Aye FG ti baje

Reading the headline alone made me sick !
What skill do they want ?
You see , if there are jobs ..you will train people for the position

Like in USA all jobs here do not require any skill to get as they have trainers to train people at every point in time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by InvertedHammer: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
/

How many jobs in Nigeria require special skills?

Unless "special" has a different meaning.

/
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Nwaotu10(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Na this kind nonsense talk from fG dey increase my depression.

I go soon leave this space for Una.

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by adeniyilamlek(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
Unable to read fg message cry but able to comment grin

Is there any solution for me?
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by KaluwisxPRO: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
And yet, you won’t let those that wants to leave to leave.

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by lilyheaven: 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
But once they enter yankee, the unskilled graduates gets a job

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by jimoholuyemi3(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Clueless government always looking for means of blaming the youths Maley Kyari daughter that became DG @NNPC she has what it takes right while an average Nigerian graduates didn't have the required skills right?
Where did these stupid Mofos spewing nonsense expect the youths to gain the required skills if they're not employed I graduated since & after NYSC 2016 one idiot is saying before I could be employed I must have at least 4 years working experience abeg thus these people taught working experience is a degree?
What am I even saying
Sango olukoso ayara ina
Ina loju ina menu
Arakata yamu-yamu
Abeg I won send you go Aso-Rock Villa, National Assembly
Nndiara you all

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by quickly: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Story

Government does not create enabling environment for industry to survive.

Industry is the one that employs other countries that have enabling environment it’s a lot easier for fresh graduates to get jobs.

Also local businesses look at Twitter that was making bizness cheap and some where doing their commercial activities all ground to a halt

Let’s take health care for eg buhari spending a lot of trips estacode to visit doctor inUK if he had used naija doctor the hospital can bill government to buy equipment etc

I can give a thousand examples how incompetence of governance affects industry and businesses that employ this also affects graduates

2 Likes

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Tetrahedron: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
All zombies shall burn in hell
Just like the walking dead

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by faithfull18(f): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
KingAzari:
If you have a good job in this country, you don't know what God has done for you.
Your definition of good job?
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Limassol(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
saintgp:
So what stops the federal government from making it mandatory for skills acquisitions to be incorporated into schooling activities.
Alas,it's glaring that we all know the problems plaguing naija but deliberately don't want to solve it.

It's a shame that we keep dancing around the issue while it's effects is being being felt both to the old and young.

Sooner or later, we as a country will collectively realize the extent of damage we have brought upon ourselves sad
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by 1forall: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
If the educational system fails to equip graduates with the right skills for the labour market, who is to blame but the government?

This is a direct admission of failure on the part of government and the ministry of education. And the permanent secretary doesn't even realize it because he's probably a product of the failed educational system himself.

What a shame!

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by rajiedreez: 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Eenikure

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by steric58(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
And the Dundees don't want people to migrate, you know how many Docs and Nurses even begging for that crumb salary job yet dem know see, na o.gun go kill all of una

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by femiasaolu2014: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Terorislam:
Who have time to read rubbish, failed cou.ntry

**has**

This is one of the reasons why you Nigerian youths are unemployed. Wrong grammar, bad tenses grin
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Jeffersonagain(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
Which skill buhari get to be president?
Make them getat jor.

2 Likes

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
But is this man aware that federal government put embargo on employment for some years now
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by IbileIfe: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2021

Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by anonymous1759(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2021

One thing I hate about the FG is their ability not to accept criticism. The same Nigerian Youth you accused of not being skillful are mostly employed when they travel out. Sick man sick Government.
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Brushstrokes20: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Usual bullocks for Brainless buffoons undecided

Where are the 3 million jobs this useless govt promised to create annually ... Audio as usual!

Always looking for dumb excuses to justify their inefficiencies and failures!

Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by micellgevity: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Then, why can't you scrap the courses that will not give them.the required skills? You are in the best position to propose that Mr Man. Why on earth in the 21st century will a country be running courses like English, literature, education management, political science, history, primary education and the rest? When the world is moving towards tech, Nigeria is still running courses that won't impact its development. Ship!
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by yemiyemi: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by KingAzari: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
faithfull18:

Your definition of good job?

220k and above excluding annual upfront for Housing.
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by adetula148: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/why-millions-of-nigerian-graduates-are-unemployed-fg/

Lalasticlala

Nigeria my country chai. It's a personal thing to develop yourself but I don't see any reason why in Nigeria there is no skill acquisition programs. There are no jobs is the main problem and the ones we have , only people with connection get them and the companies train them not the university. University in Nigeria and other countries in the world only offer theory while you develop yourself or the company you work for develop you to get paid. No company will allow you use personal skills with them . First they will train you about the job and all you need to know. Personal skills is just a plus. There are lot of problems in Nigeria which job creation is one of the main issue we face. Our leaders are not creative at all. Most of the companies in Nigeria is private and the tax/bribe the government charge this companies give them the opportunity to treat Nigerians the way they like. Most of the stores that should employ graduates or non graduates is owned by private organizations. Another problem in Nigeria is the fact that investors find it hard coming to Nigeria. So many reasons to that we all know. Both present and our past administration have failed us as youths. Not everyone will have a good job but at least we should be able to survive with the little job we have . Imagine stores in other countries paying well per hour. Not everyone should be paid monthly . You can hire people ,pay them hourly thereby giving them opportunity to decide whether to work more or do other stuffs with their time. Getting a federal job seems to be hard because you don't hire those who are good for the job. You need to know one person or the other to get a federal job. Some even pay for it. Anytime I see our government talking about graduates not well equipped or lack required skills , I begin to wonder if their brain is still functioning at all. When our parents or leaders were in school , they had lot of opportunities. Government programs , scholarship and more that gave them opportunity to develop themselves not just university. Now there are lot of guys that are good with no job . It's not about you being good or not. The youths in Nigeria, I will say we are really trying . We survive no matter the problem we face. Suicide rate in countries that are better than Nigeria is so high due to lack of good jobs yet we try our best to survive no matter the odd and we still keep up seeing our leaders saying trash. For us as a country to move forward we need something different not all this yeye dullard in power.
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by 7pages(m): 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
I knows about computer, I even went as far as going to driving school and hustler well as a keke napep rider yet this useless retrogressive anti human govt is still blaming the graduates

The same youths you didn't provide conducive environment for to do business, may Allah Forgive Buhari for his self infliction on Nigerians and the youths most especially
Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by godofuck231: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
kudinkarfe:
1. Because our government lack capacity to control insecurity which discouraged foreign investors from investing in Nigeria.
2. We have government that lack vision and ideas on diversifying our economy to create job.
3. Inadequate power supply also affect job creation.
4. Corrupt politicians also affect job creation.
5. Electing illiterate politicians that have nothing to offer also contributed.......i can go on and on.
please stop, must you make someone cry before you know you have spoken out , in short the full house of senate members should have been recalled because they have compromised nigeria , I swear

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Npower Recruitment 2017 Names Shortlisted candidates – www.Portal.npower.gov.ng / U.S. Embassy In Nigeria Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / NSCDC Recruitment 2022/2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.