Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,513 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

I Think I'm Philophobic. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think I'm Philophobic. (1584 Views)

Please Help Me! I Think I'm Getting Attracted To Bad boys (photos) / I Don't Think I'm Gonna Get Married. Honestly. / I Think I'm A Lesbian. I'm Attracted To Only Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I'm Philophobic. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Greetings everyone, I seek for your matured advice on this issue and I'll be very brief thanks.
I'm a very focused young man who's keen on developing himself in every aspect of life and my love life is taking a toll on me already.
I met this beautiful quiet girl in the new church I started attending in my new area and she used to be the attraction of most male teens there too, didn't have any past relationship experience and I felt I needed someone I could date and grow with as I advanced in life. I approached her and in less than a week of mutual friendship she agreed.
We hardly meet because of how over protective her parents are, she's from a financially stable home and lacks almost nothing. Sometime ago her phone got bad and she used mine to log into her Facebook account, unknowingly she didn't delete the account from my device and when I saw it days later I was prompted to access it. I went through her chats and saw the one she was having with one of my close friend then, they were having something together and broke up I think in the 1st year of our relationship. I personally met this guy and asked if he knows her and he answered in the affirmative, he explained what has been happening between them and he doesn't know why she broke up with him. I myself was very confused, I can't say she was cheating because I believe it's something for married couples but I wasn't happy. I'm a very calm person, I confronted her and she told me everything and how she met him but only once and that was when they broke up. I refused talking to her for some time and started keeping numerous female friends to cheer me up that period, she would call and be begging for my attention but I'll assure her everything's alright. I don't mean to brag but I'm a bit handsome and well composed so it takes me almost nothing to get a girl, just that womanizing is not my thing.
Honestly I love this girl, this thing about her going to see the other guy is no big deal but I just feel I need to be alone and focus more on building myself and my family.
The last time I told her I'm done, she involved her Bro who is someone I know quite alright and he explained how private his sister is and for her to involve him between us really means she likes me a lot.
Since then we've been together for 3yrs+ she's definitely the best I could find but I'm having this fear of loving too much cos I've seen the effect on some of my guys, I feel I won't get over her if things didn't work out between us. I'll be meeting her this weekend and I've been having it in mind for her to give me some space but I'm deeply considering how she'll feel.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Xenry: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2021

12 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Godada(m): 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2021

Yeah.

I get your drift. But the point is that you are not just overanalyzing but you are actually scared of heartbreak.

That's understandable. Men get served the breakfast of heartbreak.

So here is the thing, engage in other endeavours in addition get other covet chicks.

Keep it going and don't overwhelm this girl with your cold feet.

If she learns to live without you, you spell over her is gone.

One more thing, ditch the idea that you are handsome.

It means nothing.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Ynix(m): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Satanisreal:
Greetings everyone, I seek for your matured advice on this issue and I'll be very brief thanks.
I'm a very focused young man who's keen on developing himself in every aspect of life and my love life is taking a toll on me already.
I met this beautiful quiet girl in the new church I started attending in my new area and she used to be the attraction of most male teens there too, didn't have any past relationship experience and I felt I needed someone I could date and grow with as I advanced in life. I approached her and in less than a week of mutual friendship she agreed.
We hardly meet because of how over protective her parents are, she's from a financially stable home and lacks almost nothing. Sometime ago her phone got bad and she used mine to log into her Facebook account, unknowingly she didn't delete the account from my device and when I saw it days later I was prompted to access it. I went through her chats and saw the one she was having with one of my close friend then, they were having something together and broke up I think in the 1st year of our relationship. I personally met this guy and asked if he knows her and he answered in the affirmative, he explained what has been happening between them and he doesn't know why she broke up with him. I myself was very confused, I can't say she was cheating because I believe it's something for married couples but I wasn't happy. I'm a very calm person, I confronted her and she told me everything and how she met him but only once and that was when they broke up. I refused talking to her for some time and started keeping numerous female friends to cheer me up that period, she would call and be begging for my attention but I'll assure her everything's alright. I don't mean to brag but I'm a bit handsome and well composed so it takes me almost nothing to get a girl, just that womanizing is not my thing.
Honestly I love this girl, this thing about her going to see the other guy is no big deal but I just feel I need to be alone and focus more on building myself and my family.
The last time I told her I'm done, she involved her Bro who is someone I know quite alright and he explained how private his sister is and for her to involve him between us really means she likes me a lot.
Since then we've been together for 3yrs+ she's definitely the best I could find but I'm having this fear of loving too much cos I've seen the effect on some of my guys, I feel I won't get over her if things didn't work out between us. I'll be meeting her this weekend and I've been having it in mind for her to give me some space but I'm deeply considering how she'll feel.
Stop confusing yourself, if you like her go back to her if not free her. And what is our concern with whether you are handsome or ugly

2 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Odoogu(m): 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
cheesycheesy...
You be teen? And y you need female to grow with? Anyone give you assurance with that method?.
Do you want to improve yourself and family as you put in the former part of the article, or you want to get married tomorrow as insinuated in the latter part?

Make a decision and sort out yourself.
No one is gonna ask you questions, those wey ask, na for see me finish.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Deborah98(f): 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
I don't even know what you men want. It's your love life,deal with it as you deem fit but please use ya head before dem go use am for u.

4 Likes

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by xpressionx(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
sad
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by slickycee: 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
You're over thinking.

Love isn't comfortable, to love is to live life outside your comfort zone
The stakes are high
That's why when it's good, it feels great and when it's normal it feels bad.

My advice, continue with her.

Don't project your fears and insecurities on her
Hangout normally, redefine your boundaries with her. ( Remember she's just your babe not your wife. Simply put it's just your turn not your own )
Only when you marry her, she'd become yours

Don't worry about her or other guys that want her.
Reprioritize your life and don't let that relationship sabotage you
Focus on growth !!!!

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
slickycee:
You're over thinking.

Love isn't comfortable, to love is to live life outside your comfort zone
The stakes are high
That's why when it's good, it feels great and when it's normal it feels bad.

My advice, continue with her.

Don't project your fears and insecurities on her
Hangout normally, redefine your boundaries with her. ( Remember she's just your babe not your wife. Simply put it's just your turn not your own )
Only when you marry her, she'd become yours

Don't worry about her or other guys that want her.
Reprioritize your life and don't let that relationship sabotage you
Focus on growth !!!!
Thanks much.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
Odoogu:
cheesycheesy...
You be teen? And y you need female to grow with? Anyone give you assurance with that method?.
Do you want to improve yourself and family as you put in the former part of the article, or you want to get married tomorrow as insinuated in the latter part?

Make a decision and sort out yourself.
No one is gonna ask you questions, those wey ask, na for see me finish.
Didn't mention anywhere that I'm interested in marriage Sir.
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Odoogu(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Satanisreal:

Didn't mention anywhere that I'm interested in marriage Sir.

You definitely insinuated sir.

Your past 3 years has revolved around her.

Just make a decision, but be sure ready to live with it. You can't have two important things with the same degree of attention, commitment and sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Hayee(f): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Deborah98:
I don't even know what you men want. It's your love life,deal with it as you deem fit but please use ya head before dem go use am for u.
My dear men actually don't know what they want cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Emu4u2c: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Na Wa...I actually don't understand the whole basics to the story.

Abeg nor kill me..na my own I talk...
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Bigpapi: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Satanisreal:

What do you want now? Advice abi?
I'm cumin

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Nehemiahjnr(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
What are you saying bro
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by jericco1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
You need a shrink bro
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
Godada:

Yeah.

I get your drift. But the point is that you are not just overanalyzing but you are actually scared of heartbreak.

That's understandable. Men get served the breakfast of heartbreak.

So here is the thing, engage in other endeavours in addition get other covet chicks.

Keep it going and don't overwhelm this girl with your cold feet.

If she learns to live without you, you spell over her is gone.

One more thing, ditch the idea that you are handsome.

It means nothing.
Yeah this whole heartbreak thing scares me and I thought giving her some space will calm my nerves, we talk everyday and I feel it shouldn't be that way but she just won't understand.
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by NarcissistKing(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Don't love a woman more than she loves you.
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by NarcissistKing(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
jericco1:
You need a shrink bro

A shrink is not needed.
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Satanisreal:
You don't want to be with this girl as it seems you don't want what she wants. So why are you holding her hostage? Free her! undecided

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by FriendsAndFans(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
I think Satan is real
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Godada(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Satanisreal:

Yeah this whole heartbreak thing scares me and I thought giving her some space will calm my nerves, we talk everyday and I feel it shouldn't be that way but she just won't understand.

She doesn't have to understand.

You have to take it or leave it.

Get other options.

Make her one of those options.

1 Like

Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by zed7: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2021
More like you're suffering from low self esteem issues.

Actually, self esteem is not about looks as I've noticed that alot of good looking people have self esteem issues. The feeling of unworthiness and not being good enough.
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by Double0h7(f): 1:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Philophobic *checks Google* all this grammar just to say you fear love Join the queue grin
Re: I Think I'm Philophobic. by SavageResponse(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2021
Learn to take risks sometimes

(1) (Reply)

Making Love With A Ghost / Spirit Of Animals - My Experience / What Do You If After A Week Ur New Date Starts Behaving Funny Towards You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.