Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? (30686 Views)

How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / Keke-marwa: The Latest Menace To The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Scottz:
I will not be deported when I travel out of Nigeria in Jesus name Amen
It has nothing to do with Jesus, Jesus isn't an immigration officer grin

I have been deported from UAE to England. For drunken disorderly and for trying to chat up Arab women.

6 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
upsupa:
Get it right. I be citizen. Make I spell am for you? Na me and your papa be mate. Me thief? Idiota. You no want make somebody own better? make all people remain in the gutter with you? Na your papa be thief, me I work for mine.

You're dumb. I'm gonna keep saying that. You were illegal and th knew how difficult things were for being illegal but still you are here encouraging illegal migration.

Would you have advised your kid to follow same route, when there are tons of routes to follow legally? At this modern age!
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
When i was deported from Dubai to England, i just went home dropped my luggage went to the pub and drank 2 pints of Guiness, I was happy to be back in East London away from that hot bloody dusty dessert

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Amalekki: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Joysticks:
Selling properties and travel abroad for a greener pasture is the greatest mistake you will ever make.
Illegal or legal African immigrants hardly get a well paid job.They end up sweeping the streets washing plates and doing terrible jobs that they cannot do in Nigeria.
Illegal, yes. Legal? Which abroad are you talking about? grin

Do some of you even have any idea the sheer number of Nigerians (immigrants, not born abroad) working for top companies including the likes of Google, Microsoft, GM, Ford, Facebook, Apple, Cisco, Accenture, Verizon, AT&T, Healthcare chains, Shell, BP, Mobil etc, not to talk of other less known companies all over the place?

Sweeping streets,, washing plates etc and legal, .. are you for real? Legal Nigerian immigrants would rather drive Uber, or work deliveries if male or mostly do care service if female while they study for better qualifications and opportunities grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
luizpippo:
An ex brother(Ekiti indigene) was deported from UK under a year, he went back somehow, spent approximately 10 underground, then fate smiled on him.

He was running from immigration, then a family assisted him that day, the daughter fell in love with him and today they are married.

She is a citizen tho from Edo state.

Note: running from immigration doesn't mean they were chasing him o, like he saw them around and had to slip away to avoid stories that touch.

That's still not as good as being legal in a foreign country. If he was legal, he would be free to move around anywhere. Not many of these illegal immigrants get such luck of becoming legal, and If they do, it do take decades or less.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Blamyguy: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Roddyricch1:

Honestly bro, when you fall you go know who really get your back. I'm in a similar situation at the moment, although I came back because my contract expired and uae stopped issuing visa to Nigerians so I couldn't renew. My story dey one kind because e just be like I go waste my time for that way, over 2m I saved, I used it to invest in naija but the business crumbled within some months and i lost a lot, I was still in uae when I gave someone money to invest in that business sha and I regret it till this moment. I didn't plan to come back now, I wanted to stay for 2 more years so I can save more, unfortunately the visa issue happened. Came back like a month ago, naija is boring af and worse still if you no get money. Nobody send me again, even those wey I dn help alot in the past, well nobody owe me anything sha. I hope I don't fall into depression at this point because help is not forth coming but I believe as life dey, hope dey.

Broda God go see u through, him get beta plan for u...

3 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by upsupa(m): 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
deleted

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Joysticks:
Selling properties and travel abroad for a greener pasture is the greatest mistake you will ever make.
Illegal or legal African immigrants hardly get a well paid job.They end up sweeping the streets washing plates and doing terrible jobs that they cannot do in Nigeria.
What an ignorant assertions, my street is been swept by a white English man. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Amalekki: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
gypsey:
What an ignorant assertions, my street is been swept by a white English man. undecided
Don't mind him. I wonder where some of them get their funny info from grin

2 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by benzzyno(m): 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello everyone.

This topic is a great one to really discuss as this are real life situations happening on a daily basis and there are also people seeking real help and do not know how to go about it.

First off, Voluntary returned migrants are of great interest to both international and local Non-Governmental Organisation domiciled in Nigeria as well as the federal government. Various channels have been created to ensure proper reintegration of this returnees.. Notable among these projects is the AVRR (assisted voluntary return and reintegration) program by IOM.
The AVRR project is targeted at returned migrants and it involves providing immediate help in form of skill acquisition trainings, mentoring, psycho-social support to returnees and even providing shelter for returnees for the duration of their training to when they are set up or their economic status has been enhanced to an extent. Alot of returned migrants have benefited from these program and are still benefitting from it.
NGC(Nigerian-German Centre for jobs, migration and reintegration) runned by GIZ in partnership with federal ministry of labour and employment. Have a program PME going on here in Nigeria who's main aim is to fill the void felt by returnees by offering them as well as the local population comprehensive advisory and support services, ranging from training opportunities and returnee preparatory measures (for German returnees) in Germany to advice and qualifications for getting re-established back home (Nigeria).. They have centre hubs in Nigeria in Lagos, Benin and Abuja..
It does not matter if you returned voluntarily or not. The key idea behind these projects is to try and offset the push factors to an extent that can discourage re-migration (situations where people come back and because of shame of not coming back with anything try to go back with whatever means available to them).. Absolutely any returned migrants could work into any of the NGC program office or IOM offices and help will be provided..
Do not let the shame of coming back empty handed hold you back, there is alot more to achieve in life. Help is out there, seek it!

5 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2021
upsupa:
I can bet that I am smarter than you. I swear to God you IQ must be the same as a 7 year olds weight. I never advised anybody to migrate whether legally or illegally. I provided information based on first hand knowledge. You wey I no even know whether you done live for abroad before dey talk about it is not easy. Is Naija easy? is Naija stable? inflation dey kill person money on the daily for Naija, you dey here dey talk say illegal immigration difficult. Is life not difficult.

All I said was time and effort can lead to success, you dey here dey beetch. Abeg Bleep off jare

See this dumb folk! Go and read all your comments all over! I'd still reiterate that you are among the reasons they deny many Nigerians visa because y'all illegal immigrants have given the nation bad reputation!

I hope you get caught for something since shortcut is always appealing to you in life!
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Warmaterial(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Guy E no easy oo, person wey never see no go understand... Guy E no dey dey easy I swear, E go be like make the ground open make d person enter especially if u no get real people around.

6 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by rajiedreez: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nobody wan free say dem deport them
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Luvvy01(f): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by madukaanaya(m): 7:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Roddyricch1:

Honestly bro, when you fall you go know who really get your back. I'm in a similar situation at the moment, although I came back because my contract expired and uae stopped issuing visa to Nigerians so I couldn't renew. My story dey one kind because e just be like I go waste my time for that way, over 2m I saved, I used it to invest in naija but the business crumbled within some months and i lost a lot, I was still in uae when I gave someone money to invest in that business sha and I regret it till this moment. I didn't plan to come back now, I wanted to stay for 2 more years so I can save more, unfortunately the visa issue happened. Came back like a month ago, naija is boring af and worse still if you no get money. Nobody send me again, even those wey I dn help alot in the past, well nobody owe me anything sha. I hope I don't fall into depression at this point because help is not forth coming but I believe as life dey, hope dey.
keep believing bro

2 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Amalekki: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
NarcissistKing:

That person was obviously a liar, and he was able to lie to y'all because you guys were/are ignorant of the immigration process.
Lol I always say Nigerians are among the most gullible people on earth. We swallow just any better tori! grin
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by upsupa(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
deleted

2 Likes

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by xavier0327(f): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
Lies! I am a Software developer in Germany! I am not sweeping any streets @

Joysticks:

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by abobote: 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
WUdec:

No offence but if you ain't no deportee, your comment is baseless.

Nigerians should learn to listen and watch. We cannot have an opinion for every damn question or answer that does not concern us.

Same nonsense happens on quora.

And others follow suit when this happens, so you end up learning nothing as the people filled in the comment section have never experienced it.

This discourages people with the real info from posting and derails the thread
But just like I stated, I stay one of the west African countries, and I know about 5 deportees that are making it real big heez
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by madukaanaya(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
aktolly54:
people you help like give $500 or $1000 free dessert you when you need them? I find it hard when people do me a favor and realize I never reciprocate back or the person never benefit anything from me before.I feel uncomfortable, maybe because I hard anger issues cos if you hurt me I won't forget ooo but if you do me good as well, I won't forget.

God will help you since you have a good heart and help people in the past with one pure heart
amen
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Valuc: 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
Joysticks:
are u looking at the nature of the job or the money ... Nigga go and wash plate and make money
.hard currency bro ...
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2021
upsupa:
Mumu, I be top 10%er for here o. both in education and income. Shortcut? Me I done ready to move back to Naija after over 25 years if not for the state of the country. The only thing I am getting caught for is traffic violation, besides that everything legit. Na jealousy go kill your mama, nobody is more idiotic than this morrafocker. You better hope to be saved because this hope you have is lost o

oloshi somnebody, na your whole generation dem go arrest stupid faaaaaaaacker

Jealousy? You thought that was It? Nah! Is that why you mad? You don't know me like that.

STOP JUSTIFYING ILLEGAL MIGRATION!

grin grin grin

I got him! Bloody illegal immigrant! I'm gonna wait here and read your news on the front page of the dailes when you get deported.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by kkinternet: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

I can never be deported instead I tear my passport

Tearing your passport won't save you... They will just drop you off at any nearest African country.
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by ovo12: 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
No vex say i no sabi write or spell english..
2009.. i dey work for one local airport.. 45k every month minus tips... my sis com tell me say one guy get connection to carry me enter canada.. the money na 1m.. but i go first enter malay.. 9ja to malay him go take 400k.. then if i enter malay go pay remaining 600k.. i get money then cos i no dey drink, carry woman, wear fine cloth, most times na beans and bread i dey eat and i dey stay 4 family house.. all my moni na bank... i com agree.. the agent even tell me say Canada to malay na by bus.. BIGGEST LIE . i come tell my oga for work about the travel matter... him say make i try am and him go fit cover me for two weeks.. if e no work out i fit come back continue my work.. i come enter malay 2010 as mumu i be e never reach two weeks i call this my oga tell am say i like malay when my bta finish na den my eyes come clear..my mama come send me moni take put my passport 4 sch.. dem come extend my visa..for one year.. i no fit do gee. i no fit sale drug.. no money .. na Sunway pyramid i come dey go wash plate to eat.. fustration wan kill me... i come get one woman from yankee.. him come enter malay vist me.. after she go back na she come dey help me small small..she send me $2k.. i come put my passport 4 another sch..two weeks make she come visit again na him ak pick me put me for deportation camp..i stay deportation camp 6 weeks.. she come send moni give my friend to buy me ticket..may passport lost.. na travel document i take enter 9ja 2011.. no money,shame wan kill me.. na my sis house i come dey stay.. one dey i come dey complain to her say 9ja hard.. she come tell me say na 9ja dem born me and ppl dey hustle dey make am 4 9ja..the word come touch my bone.. i come carry 5k enter katangua market go by shirt put starch iron am begin dey hawk for street..kai no let me rest but i no give up..i come enter phone asesores business..push wheels barow 4 street... i come dey get moni ..i no come dey ask her for moni..i even come do weeding 2012 ..4 times my document lost for uscis office..the last time when she come 9ja 2015 i give her $800..from my phone assessri business..i enter yankee 2016...now i be citizen.. any person wen dem deport make him remove shame for face enter street hustle..God no dey sleep...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by AnthonyAk(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
ednut1:
lies a lot of Africans are doing well abroad. Those that went legally sha. In Canada here many Nigerians are in tech, banking and audit . For the op most of them recover with the help of family and friends and go into business

Lol this , those who came for school and finished got jobs and are doing well. I personally know some one who came on an 8 month course, finished , found a job got his PR and still here till date.

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by Thunderfayayou: 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
kkinternet:

Tearing your passport won't save you... They will just drop you off at any nearest African country.

Yeah maybe Angola,south Africa or Tanzania
Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by miqos02(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

I can never be deported instead I tear my passport
you will also tear your fingerprints taken at point of entry?

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by bukitt: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Relocation sale! You can own this plot of land (600sqm) with genuine and verifiable documents for a good price.

Call me for pictures and videos or you can also check my profile post for more pictures.

Relocation sales! A plot of land with german floor of 4 units of 3 bedroom flats in Royal Garden City Estate at mowe/ofada for sale.

It is along new Lagos-Abeokuta expressway with massive development and a newly tarred road.

NEIGHBORHOOD:
Nestle Plc
International Breweries
Olam Oil
Gold Refinery

Documents:
Estate C Of O
Letter of Allocation
Deed of Contract
Deed of Assignment
Survey Plan
Easy Change Of Ownership

The land is well situated and not rocky. It is rather very plane and not water lodged.

Other estates nearby are:
Arch View Estate
Queens Garden Estate
Queens Park Estate
Royal Park Estate
Treasure Island Estate

There are already occupants in these estates.

8 million naira
Negotiable.

For inquiry/inspection:
Al
Tel: 0 NINE 0 6610 0469

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by shopwiser: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2021

1 Like

Re: Deportees How Did You Blend Into The Society? by bilulu(m): 7:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
Joysticks:
oga ve you been there or just hearsay? Nigerians re excelling here in Canada... stop believing in those cork and bull stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) / Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.