Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. (10226 Views)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / Lagos Stops Promotion Based On Career Progression, Reveals New Criterion (MUST R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by DrBrainstorm(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by olola4(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
bugattimo:
get a skill ASAP

You should be arrested for posting people personal information as an advert, are you not paid for the work or did you get their consent This is so silly of you
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by dieavirgin(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
toujurs:
Idiot
who is dis demented fool
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Komu1048(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
Nigeria is playing for Christ sake n nobody to put it fp
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by SmartGadgetz: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
KillerBeauty:
Every business needs marketers so you course of study is very lucrative.
Just start getting your feet wet by taking up small marketing jobs to gather experience.

Remove your mind from anything finding jobs.
Ownership is the first step to greatness and freedom.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Skillsnigeria: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
dieavirgin:
U get PC
Start bombing
You wan send am to early grave! Oga shift!
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Cohcoh91(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
If you are a guy better go join HK nah sure plug now.

Please I need your help in choosing a career for myself but it seems very hard figuring out on one particular thing to do with my life.

I studied marketing which I love in one of the prestigious polytechnic in the eastern part of Nigeria and waiting to be mobilized for Nysc.

I don't have any hard skill at the moment but am yet to enrol for any computer skills in high demand, like Graphic Design, Software development, Video editing (One after the other) as well as going for Digital marketing and any other skills you can suggest i go for.

What do I do with these aforementioned skills?

Most often, too busy thinking about innovations to come up with that have never been in existence.

Am passionate about handling Leadership positions which I would do well. having handled several positions when I was in school, am a kind of person that dislikes disorderliness ,hate to see the poor oppressed in the society, political crisis in the country that most at times eats me up as if my life depends on it.

To sum it all, am a problem solver when it comes to leadership problems in organizations.

The hardest thing here is figuring out the right career path.

Please help me!
I need somebody to coach me.[/quote]
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
chukwuma0000:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in choosing a career for myself but it seems very hard figuring out on one particular thing to do with my life.

I studied marketing which I love in one of the prestigious polytechnic in the eastern part of Nigeria and waiting to be mobilized for Nysc.

I don't have any hard skill at the moment but am yet to enrol for any computer skills in high demand, like Graphic Design, Software development, Video editing (One after the other) as well as going for Digital marketing and any other skills you can suggest i go for.

Most often, too busy thinking about innovations to come up with that have never been in existence.

Am passionate about handling Leadership positions which I would do well. having handled several positions when I was in school, am a kind of person that dislikes disorderliness ,hate to see the poor oppressed in the society, political crisis in the country that most at times eats me up as if my life depends on it.

To sum it all, am a problem solver when it comes to leadership problems in organizations.

Please help me!
I need somebody to coach me.

I'm quite in a similar situation .. you should go for software development I also aspire to become a software developer .. atleast your employment options are worldwide not just limited to Nigeria.. and you can work from home and earn in foreign currency . As technology is advancing these skill is going to become a hot cake if not already cybersecurity is also a good option .. overseas these skills bring the big bag

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by tunapawizzy: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
Depending on where your strength lies.....lots of things you can attempt in Tech....if you think you wont have problems with critical reasoning n playing with numbers a bit...software development might be it for you, doable but can be annoying but it is exciting when u get it.......if you are creative, try graphics design and/or photography. You can also try to brush up on the use of microsoft excel and data visualization tool like Tableau or Power BI, that way u can kickstart something in Business Analysis which u can marry with your degree in marketing.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by micflo28(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Go for web design and development. Also, try and become a chattered member of a body.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by spartan117(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Powersurge:
Why do you want to change from marketing? There is no skill that is more in demand than sales related skill. Neither is there any skill that pay more than sales. If you must acquire more skills, Salesforce and digital marketing are your friends.

B4 you can see 1 vacancy in any tech field, you would have seen 3 sales related ones. I am not talking about GNLD. There are sales persons that earn 7 figures in Nigeria. And the money wey una dey see for field alone na blood money. Don't be distracted by tech noise. I am into tech and I know what I am saying.
What aspect of tech are you into?
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Powersurge: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
spartan117:

Data and frontend web.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by FAIRALL(m): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Op, take this to the bank. Don't waste your time in software development as your are being advised by some fellows else you may end up being frustrated. There is enough money in sales and marketing. Go for it!

Powersurge:
Why do you want to change from marketing? There is no skill that is more in demand than sales related skill. Neither is there any skill that pay more than sales. If you must acquire more skills, Salesforce and digital marketing are your friends.

B4 you can see 1 vacancy in any tech field, you would have seen 3 sales related ones. I am not talking about GNLD. There are sales persons that earn 7 figures in Nigeria. And the money wey una dey see for field alone na blood money. Don't be distracted by tech noise. I am into tech and I know what I am saying.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Starlight25: 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
Since this marketing is your passion, you will do extremely well if you start your own enterprise...

Save half of your NYSC stipend and delve into something you have a sound knowlege about..DO NOT use the money to test the waters.You'll cry.

Though what you can set up with 200k may be small, apply your marketing skills.
Package it wella and make it orderly and compact...Take part of the profit and pursue your side hustle...

As you dey learn those skills wey you want, you get steady assurance for one side...Though not much but the cash flow is consistent and sustainable

Bro i promise you, if you are frugal, hardworking and patient, i give you five years you go dey cash in steady ...

My two cents Bro

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Lisaint(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
dieavirgin:
U get PC
Start bombing

Which site he wan bomb

Everywhere don choke
Apart from ig nd fb
Wey dem dey close anyhow
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by anochuko01(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
You're in the right path. I'll advice that you get certain of what you do within the first four months of service so that you can use the remaining months to get ready for post nysc. I'll also advice that you read up on several skills and choose the most preferred. Do you also have a laptop? If Yes, you're halfway into starting your journey.

CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING IN THAT PARTICULAR ORDER.

Business Analysis
Data Science
Business Intelligence
Power Platform Developer
UI/UX
Front End Development
Website Development
Graphics Design

If you can pick one of these within the next two months, you'll have enough time to prepare ahead. Six months of serious practice with projects to show would be enough to get you a starter role.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by toujurs: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
dieavirgin:
who is dis demented fool
You are an animal, that should be locked behind bars. Ole, Bomb. Bomb your worthless destiny there. Barawo
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by SilasIBB: 6:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
When someone vision, becomes your vision, Your mission on Earth lies in obscurity.

Listen to the holy spirit within you
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by MrPresent(m): 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
Don't let anybody deceive that there is money in Marketing or Sales.

I have been into Marketing and Sales since I finished my NYSC in 2018. I never see the Kain money wey people dey talk say Dem dey see for Marketing o.

Is it Marketing? wetin I never do. From Real Estate to Real Estate Investment to Health Products to Cosmetics to HR Marketing to Books to Food Products. I can't count.

Someone even tried to bring me into Insurance marketing. I run o.
I even did Network Marketing sef.

My dear. Do u have a good shoe. If u don't. Please go and buy. You will later know the true meaning of "It is easier for a camel to enter into the eye of a needle than for a Marketer to make good money from marketing".

I learnt little of Digital Marketing sef to help myself.

In all, na Commission e go end.
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Nigeriadondie: 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
chukwuma0000:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help me!
Learn auto mechanic and thank me later
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by Teewai69: 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
chukwuma0000:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help me!

Then go for professional Human resources courses and choose a career as HR. Good luck
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by kennethfranc(m): 7:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
:
spartan117:

Bros no hit � am abeg
Re: I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. by drchibuike53(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
chukwuma0000:
Dear Nairalanders,

Please help me!

Start by replacing "am" with "i am"

As a graduate you should do better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Staying on my job or Further Training? / Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? / Ambode Sacks 5 LASTMA Officials, Promotes 14 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.