Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy (3647 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be Slain In The Spirit? - An Honest Evaluation / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds / Italian Nun Slain In Mogadishu - Asks God To Forgive Her Killers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by nlMediator: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
Pst Rotimi:

I agree
frosbel:

That's your emphasis , falling , falling and more falling to prove that you have the Spirit of GOD, what arrant nonsense,

The proof that you have the HOLY Spirit is that you can overcome SIN .

If you are still living in SIN, lying, gossiping, sexual lust, drunkenness, slander, malice , covetousness, pride etc then you do not have the SPIRIT of GOD.

As many as are led the the Spirit of GOD, these are the children of GOD. The Spirit of GOD leads us into obeying the commandments of GOD not disobeying them and barking like dogs while crawling like earthworms. undecided

He that sins is of the Devil, I didn't say this, the bible did.

Wow! I've only made a few posts and you already know my emphasis, genius? First of all, I do not emphasize falling. I've never fallen under the power, but many have under my minstration, with or without touching them. One fellow in my old neighborhood in Lagos invited me to be closer to his family because he said that nobody had ever laid hands on him and he fell. Apparently, he was expecting the same thing when I prayed, but I did not know that. I prayed for them and he fell. Later on, he told me that and complained that I wasn't getting close to his family as he would want. Contrary to your baseless assertion, that experience catalyzed a desire to be closer to God.

As to holy living, closeness to the anointing, if you know what you're doing, will draw you away from sin and in favor of clean living. First, because while sin has its pleasures, the pleasure in the presence of God far surpasses anything sin has to offer. Psalms 16:11 says: "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Second, the Bible says that the love of the anointing constrains. That is, it restrains us from doing bad things and propels us to do the right thing for the sake of the anointing we carry. That's a truth that Joseph understood that restrained him from sleeping with Potiphar's wife because he understood his relationship with God. That's the same thing expected of anyone conscious of the anointing in and on him. 2 Cor. 5:14 ("For the love of Christ constraineth us. . . ." KJV); ("For the love of Christ controls and urges and impels us . . . ." AMP.) Christ refers to the Anointed One and His Anointing.

Finally, your assumption or conclusion that those who do not have (some of these) overt manifestations of the Spirit somehow are better predisposed toward holy living is preposterous, to say the least.
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
I am not here to condemn anyone but to point out certain truths.

Anyway let us see what true anointing is all about vs fake anointing

TRUE ANNOINTING

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to:

1. Preach good news to the poor.
2. Bind up the brokenhearted
3. Proclaim freedom for the captives
4. Release from darkness for the prisoners,

FALSE ANOINTING

1. Barking
2. Spiritual laughter
3. Random falling down all over the place
4. anything goes, etc etc etc etc
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by yommyuk: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
@post

You seem to be mixing the 'CHARACTER' and the 'MANIFESTATION' of the Holy Spirit. The fruits of the Spirit is the character of Jesus which all believers must emulate, but regarding the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, that is a whole new ball game.

1 Corin 12:4-6
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same spirits is the source of them all. There ared different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but the same God does the work in all of us.

As a member of Celestial Church of Christ, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit like the day of pentecost is a common occurence. Happens all the time. We have seen barren women caught up in the spirit by rolling on the floor with foam coming out of their mouth. The same power that raised Christ from the death operating in them.

Personal Experience
During the service one day, suddenly my wife was picked up from the chair and brought to her knees. She was shaking like a leaf. She told me she felt her womb being removed and replaced. She tried to get up but was held down by a powerful force. I remember that day, people were acting funny. However what took place that day and the prophesy that came out of it still blows my mind till today. And you have the gut to come on a forum like NL and spew total ignorance. shocked

WARNING

Matthew 12:31-32
So I tell you every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which can never be forgiven. Anyone who speaks against the son of man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come
Ignorance will not be an excuse

For the Word of God says in Matthew 12:36-37
And I tell you this; you must give account on judgement day for every idle word you speak. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.

ADVICE

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit

It is better to keep quiet on things u don't know anything about
God bless cool
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by nlMediator: 11:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
frosbel:

I am not here to condemn anyone but to point out certain truths.

Anyway let us see what true anointing is all about vs fake anointing

TRUE ANNOINTING

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to:

1. Preach good news to the poor.
2. Bind up the brokenhearted
3. Proclaim freedom for the captives
4. Release from darkness for the prisoners,

FALSE ANOINTING

1. Barking
2. Spiritual laughter
3. Random falling down all over the place
4. anything goes, etc etc etc etc

And it is for you to tell the Holy Spirit HOW to heal the broken-hearted? If He chooses to comfort those that mourn or heal the broken-hearted through laughter, which does good like medicine, that is completely unacceptable to you, I guess. Does it occur to you that you're not making much sense on this issue?
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
@yommyuk

You seem to be mixing the 'CHARACTER' and the 'MANIFESTATION' of the Holy Spirit. The fruits of the Spirit is the character of Jesus which all believers must emulate, but regarding the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, that is a whole new ball game.

How else does the Holy Spirit manifest himself if not in the creation of fruits of GOD in the lives of obedient children of GOD and providing us with the boldness to preach the gospel and heal the sick , cast out demons etc.

1 Corin 12:4-6
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same spirits is the source of them all. There ared different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but the same God does the work in all of us.

Okay and gifts make one bark like a GOD and laugh for no reason ?

As a member of Celestial Church of Christ, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit like the day of pentecost is a common occurence. Happens all the time. We have seen barren women caught up in the spirit by rolling on the floor with foam coming out of their mouth. The same power that raised Christ from the death operating in them.

with foam coming out of their mouth  undecided  ae you serious or joking  undecided

" So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth." - Mark 9:20

The Holy Spirit anointing was used to cast out a devil in this case , so is the the experience people in your church keep having 

Personal Experience
During the service one day, suddenly my wife was picked up from the chair and brought to her knees. She was shaking like a leaf.  She told me she felt her womb being removed and replaced. She tried to get up but was held down by a powerful force. I remember that day, people were acting funny. However what took place that day and the prophesy that came out of it still blows my mind till today. And you have the gut to come on a forum like NL and spew total ignorance

Because of your wife and the sensitivity of the situation I will not comment here !!

WARNING

Matthew 12:31-32
So I tell you every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven except the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which can never be forgiven. Anyone who speaks against the son of man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come

Context please.

Jesus cast a devil out of a person , and the Pharisees said he used the power of Beelzebub , hence the statement Jesus made.

I do not deny the power of the Holy Spirit to heal, deliver, save etc.  I have prayed for someone a whIle back who was grievously ill with malaria , he was healed but there was no sign of falling down, foaming from the mouth etc, Just a simple prayer made in FAITH.

An in-law was at the point of death a few months ago, i prayed with a brother and he was healed, again with no falling, screaming, barking or such signs.

For the Word of God says in Matthew 12:36-37
And I tell you this; you must give account on judgement day for every idle word you speak. The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.

Another misquotation.

You shall account for every idle word you speak against the SON of MAN.  I love my Jesus and will never speak against HIM.
ADVICE

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit

Another misquotation.

This verse was a statement Jesus made to Nicodemus on the concept of getting BORN AGAIN into the kingdom of GOD, an action that is carried out by the Holy Spirit.

God bless
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by nlMediator: 12:17am On Jun 10, 2011
"I do not deny the power of the Holy Spirit to heal, deliver, save etc. I have prayed for someone a whIle back who was grievously ill with malaria , he was healed but there was no sign of falling down, foaming from the mouth etc, Just a simple prayer made in FAITH.

An in-law was at the point of death a few months ago, i prayed with a brother and he was healed, again with no falling, screaming, barking or such signs."

And you do not think that there are some of those you're deriding who have prayed for the sick and seen them healed instantly after falling under the power? I'm pretty sure some of the testimonies are far more spectacular than your malaria experience.
Re: Slain In The Spirit - Pure And Absolute Heresy by Joagbaje(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2011
NLMediator:

"I do not deny the power of the Holy Spirit to heal, deliver, save etc.  I have prayed for someone a whIle back who was grievously ill with malaria , he was healed but there was no sign of falling down, foaming from the mouth etc, Just a simple prayer made in FAITH.

I'm glad that someone here can testify that God still heals through people. Some try to make us feel we are lying when we share few testimonies of this sort. It's supposed to inspire others they can do the same. it is not boasting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Freethinkers How Do You Manage Living In A Country That Believes In Superstition / Why Is The Narrow Gate Hard To Enter? - Paul Ellis / God Is Testing You? What Nonsense.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.