Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment (12744 Views)

EFCC Operatives Conduct Search At Dangote Head Office Over FX Transactions / Bayelsa Polls: Protest In Front Of INEC Office Over Alleged Doctored Results / Prophet Isa El Buba Protests In Front Of INEC Office Over Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by blamingthedevil: 6:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
The People Democratic Party, Ondo State chapter, has accused the state Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu of abuse of office over his son, Babjide’s appointment as Director-General of a government agency.

On Tuesday, Babajide Akeredolu was appointed as the DG of Ondo State Performance and Project Implementation Monitoring Unit, drawing mixed reactions from different quarters.

According to a statement issued on Wednesday, the Ondo State PDP spokesperson, Kennedy Peretei, accused the governor of using state funds to ‘procure’ a marriage for Babajide.

He argued that the appointment was not only an abuse of office but was also not in the interest of the state.

The statement reads in part, “The recent appointment of Babajide Akeredolu, a biological son of Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN as the Director-General of Performance and Project Implementation Monitoring Unit (PPMIU) is a flagrant abuse of office and affront on the people of Ondo State,”

“The name Babajide Akeredolu became known in Ondo state when the State’s funds were used to procure a marriage for him in Colorado, USA, after the same marriage was consummated in Owo, his father’s birthplace. He has since assumed authority as part of the triad of the reign of father, wife and son.

“The appointment as DG of PPMIU for Babajide, a young man who carries on as though, he was the person voted for as Governor is part of the grand design to finally empty the treasury of the State before Akeredolu returns to Ibadan.”

The PDP also stated that the governor and his family had no empathy for the people of the state but were only focused on living lavishly off state funds.

Peretei, however, warned the Akeredolus that their alleged lavish spending would soon come to an end and they would be made to account for it.

“It thus appears that Mr Governor and his immediate family are bent on living fat on the lean resources of the people, when poverty has taken over the land, walking in all four legs.

“There is no further proof of Akeredolu’s insensitivity to the plight of the people, when within two years of tenure, he organized three lavish weddings for his children, all in foreign lands – In Mauritius, Canada, and Colorado, USA.

“It is very apparent that it is the greed of the first family that is being fed, no longer their needs. Akeredolu, his wife and children must appreciate that the resources they are wasting in this reckless manner was only given to them in trust for the people. They should remember that the day of reckoning is very near,” PDP warned.
https://punchng.com/pdp-accuses-akeredolu-of-abuse-of-office-over-sons-appointment/

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Moferere: 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Government of Father, Mother, Son and in laws.
Ondo state has two capitals today. One is in Akure, the other one is in Imo

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by chroniclesss(m): 4:49am On Nov 18, 2021
Hmm
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Alf137: 4:51am On Nov 18, 2021
It's well even inside well. I'm not against the appointment oh, but will it benefit the state??

If I'm in government and I feel I can trust my son do deliver and help me achieve more in governance, I'll bring him on board

But

If this is an avenue to lavish state fund, .....
Let me hold it there

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by ipobarecriminals: 4:51am On Nov 18, 2021
sad Looting in PROGRESS

6 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Trustedpronet: 4:52am On Nov 18, 2021
When is PDp turn...they should retaliate
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by LORDKing001: 4:53am On Nov 18, 2021
When are we going to get it right in this country?

3 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Doyou2019: 4:53am On Nov 18, 2021
Even legal luminaries act like assholes when they get into government. Shithole with shitheads for leaders.

6 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Great100000: 4:56am On Nov 18, 2021
Na wa oooo
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by ednut1(m): 4:57am On Nov 18, 2021
Shameless man that has been paying half salary.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Morenikeji090(m): 4:58am On Nov 18, 2021
What's bad for him to appoint his son in government.... Wake up bad folks...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by tiswell(m): 4:59am On Nov 18, 2021
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Success77x: 5:00am On Nov 18, 2021
He's grooming the son as a future governor of Ondo State.
7th wonder of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by yusluvad(m): 5:00am On Nov 18, 2021
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria(SAN), for that matter. It seems when people gets to office/power in Nigeria, they became so drunk, careless, and extremely foolish.

It is well with Nigeria and Nigerians...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by pennyland(m): 5:01am On Nov 18, 2021
May God help us in this country, this people in power are taking advantage of us being mute

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by batstan(m): 5:05am On Nov 18, 2021
What if he is qualified for the job?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Cantonese: 5:20am On Nov 18, 2021
How come Akeredolu is now regarded as insensitive, etc? All the while everyone was supporting him as he took on the FG on national issues.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Nahunger(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2021
PDP DID WORSE...
OVERTIME PEOPLE IN POWER HAVE PROVED THEMSELVES TO BE UNAPOLOGETIC TO THEIR CITIZENS, A CLEAR CASE OF H.U.N.G.E.R MESSING WITH THE LOGICAL REASONING OF THE MASSES AND THE SYSTEM

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Caseless: 5:44am On Nov 18, 2021
Wait ooo

Because say his father is the governor, he's excluded by law from anything ondo citizens are entitled to?

Such agency that has to do with implementation, you need someone you can trust.

I think morality guide is what we're looking at, instead of the legality of the issue.

On moral ground, you can ask; na only them? On law, he's not committed any infraction.

10 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by dkdmy: 5:49am On Nov 18, 2021
I don’t see why he can’t appoint his son if he feels he can do the job

If my father was the governor, I will definitely be gunning for an appointment

6 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by chromosomeXY: 5:51am On Nov 18, 2021
Akeredolu has nothing to offer Ondo State. He is proud, stubborn and bereft of ideas to move the state forward.

This is a man who went on air to ask if doctors have two heads for asking for their unpaid salaries and he stopped paying their salaries altogether when they went on strike.

He has hijacked the state treasury for the enjoyment of his family. This is clearly a wicked person and history will be unkind to him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by ChampagneF(m): 5:52am On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria’s system of governance only gets worse by the day and it’s sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by seniorgozman(m): 5:53am On Nov 18, 2021
Come to Ebonyi state, the governor gave his family members something

3 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by WADZAS: 6:02am On Nov 18, 2021
SEE SNITCHING , SOMETHING WEY UNA DEY DO TOGETHER. NA WE UNA THEY TOSE LIKE THIS. DIARYS GOD
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by ntyce(m): 6:12am On Nov 18, 2021
It isn't abuse of office.

What you should do is to request the son's qualifications as see if it matches the post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by ntyce(m): 6:15am On Nov 18, 2021
ChampagneF:
Nigeria’s system of governance only gets worse by the day and it’s sad

Trump appointed his son in-law and daughter into positions within the White House.

If it could happen in the base of democracy, then it isn't bad governance.

Read about the Kennedys and the Bush's, they all facilitated appointment and election of sons and brothers.

The most important thing is about qualification.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by GoldenJAT(m): 6:20am On Nov 18, 2021
Is the son qualified? That should be the question.
Nigerians uses emotions for everything at the expense of logical reasoning. So because my father is a governor, I shouldn't work?

6 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by elGenius: 6:30am On Nov 18, 2021
Why?
Isn't his son a Nigerian, so because his father is governor he shouldn't be given any government appointment

2 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by exposition: 6:35am On Nov 18, 2021
Moferere:
Government of Father, Mother, Son and in laws.
Ondo state has two capitals today. One is in Akure, the other one is in Imo
I'm dey learn work where cross river governor dey
Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by tunjijones(m): 6:49am On Nov 18, 2021
Caseless:
Wait ooo

Because say his father is the governor, he's excluded by law from anything ondo citizens are entitled to?

Such agency that has to do with implementation, you need someone you can trust.

I think morality guide is what we're looking at, instead of the legality of the issue.

On moral ground, you can ask; na only them? On law, he's not committed any infraction.

If it was Buhari that appoints his son to head a govt agency, wld you say the same thing?

4 Likes

Re: PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment by Flyingngel(m): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2021
There is nothing wrong with that but we know in Nigeria, politicians appoint people that are not qualify to positions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Neither Tinubu Nor Osinbajo Is Fit - Tunde Odesola / Tinubu Committee Is Slow, Real Palliatives May Be Delayed – Panel Member / Nigeria Secures $1.5bn World Bank, $80m AfDB Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.