Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis (21910 Views)

Russians Flee Country To Avoid Being Sent To Front Line By Putin (photos) / Beirut, Lebanon Explosion: Father Trying To Save His Son / Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Tonygeesm(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2021
And one useless country carry useless religion for head
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by JOemmy(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2021
Dailymice:
Imagine legalizing weed in this country grin grin grin Imagine 50% of youths talking like Slawormiir grin

The nigerian govt can legalize it for export purposes only and not for individual consumption they can give permits to companies only to cultivate the plant in Nigeria.

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by pickatyouu: 9:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Las las e go reach Nigeria.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by SmartyPants(m): 9:20am On Nov 19, 2021
Penguin2:

That’s it.

It is lucrative now because it’s illegal. Once that illegal term is lifted, the market will become saturated.

Meanwhile, I don’t if I’m the only one that doesn’t want cannabis legalized in Nigeria.

The market will remain lucrative because cannabis has so many applications.

Once legalised, the demand will also expand rapidly. In fact, in the short run, there will not be enough supply.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Razaneli(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2021
Dailymice:
Imagine legalizing weed in this country grin grin grin Imagine 50% of youths talking like Slawormiir grin

Damn Niggarrrh

I see nothing wrong in that
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by NairaMaster1(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Lebanon is a failed state with useless currency, other countries are becoming the first country for innovations, this is what they could come up with in Lebanon.Ndi ara

So, Nigeria is a successful country with strong currency?
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Phillipwale: 9:30am On Nov 19, 2021
YungTemy:
Any little freedom giving to Nigerians, they’re sure to abuse it. That was how Tramadol was so porous way back and was sold at a “next to nothing price”. grin

Y’all literally recall what happened next.

* There was a high increase in crime rate in Nigeria. Eg. I remember a scenario when an armed robber fell asleep while in active service because of tramadol abuse & he died eventually through that process.

* I also recall the crazy abuse of tramadol among teens & undergraduates in our institutions . A bottle of fan would literally turns to the color of Coca-Cola. grin

* addiction became the norm.

Anyways... When the purpose of something is not known, abuse is inevitable.

Me... I love weed & it relaxes me after a long hard day but don’t try to abuse & I love the fact that it is illegal in Nigeria and I hope it continues to remain illegal. Shalom
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by tola1006: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2021
Dailymice:
Tobacco has been legal from time and not everyone smokes

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by 6ixT8: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2021
its illegal to sale or possess Maryjane, whereas it is permitable to sale Rizzler undecided shay na tobbaco dey go use am roll? What an irony.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Dreytonisback(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2021
YungTemy:
Any little freedom giving to Nigerians, they’re sure to abuse it. That was how Tramadol was so porous way back and was sold at a “next to nothing price”. grin

Y’all literally recall what happened next.

* There was a high increase in crime rate in Nigeria. Eg. I remember a scenario when an armed robber fell asleep while in active service because of tramadol abuse & he died eventually through that process.

* I also recall the crazy abuse of tramadol among teens & undergraduates in our institutions . A bottle of fan would literally turns to the color of Coca-Cola. grin

* addiction became the norm.

Anyways... When the purpose of something is not known, abuse is inevitable.

Me... I love weed & it relaxes me after a long hard day but don’t try to abuse & I love the fact that it is illegal in Nigeria and I hope it continues to remain illegal. Shalom

Wow, one of the problems we have in this kantri
You have a point but you're not considerate so I'll lecture you on it

If for example Marijuana is legalized , smokers won't value it no more , in fact they'll lose interest with time when they see most guys also taking it

Nobody values what they see easily , it will only cause a little harm in the beginning but with time it'll reduce rapidly

Tramadol for example which you made example of:

People use tramadol more these days and it's even more expensive nowadays, know why? It's being banned so people get it by all means
That's the power of value

But of tramadol is legalized it'll loose it's value and most guys will get tired of taking same drug all the time
If you chop egusi soup from Monday till Sunday u no go tire?

If everyone has access to weed, u can just eaily purchase from the street shop around you , most people go tire for am, including myself YES

Know why most people respect and value Wizkid over Davido?

It's bc Wizkid is hardly seen or available
But Davido is always seen and available
If you don't Gerrit forget abourrit

Light up my kpoli in peace

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by oaktown101(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2021
No! it opens up the market for better patronage. The stigma of being a hemp smoker would no longer be there and more people would be willing to smoke and the market will become bigger and better.
Penguin2:

That’s it.

It is lucrative now because it’s illegal. Once that illegal term is lifted, the market will become saturated.

Meanwhile, I don’t if I’m the only one that doesn’t want cannabis legalized in Nigeria.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by rexesq(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2021
I don't smoke it, but I take it. It relaxes me after the hay days stress.

I "wanna say thank you father, for making it grow internationally...thank you father.

Even though police cut it down, sometimes they burn it down; but it grows again. Thank you father."

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by iamtardey: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2021
it's weed sis
dollynnn:
Drugs should not be legalized in Nigeria
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by CAPITALBEE: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2021
The decision was more economical than ethical.

They made a great fuss about this in recent years because they had no other better choice to increase export earnings.

The country is in an economic mess right now and I really hope this will save and not destroy this economy after all.

More gains to the one percent at the detriment of the ninety percent
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Blackdisciple(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2021
Na so..
Sha wewe
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by CAPITALBEE: 9:56am On Nov 19, 2021
JOemmy:

The nigerian govt can legalize it for export purposes only and not for individual consumption they can give permits to companies only to cultivate the plant in Nigeria.

At the point of saturation... Not all products deemed for export would go across board. Many will slip into local hands creating more societal mess.

It's all business.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by eas01: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Lebanon is a failed state with useless currency, other countries are becoming the first country for innovations, this is what they could come up with in Lebanon.Ndi ara
And your country is what?
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Okunga: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2021
You calling Lebanon a failed country while their indigenes are taking over your businesses in Africa. You are a fool bro
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by iamtardey: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2021
where all this people dey always go sef undecided

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by tutudesz: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2021
inoki247:

At least they're looking for another means to make more revenue...

If we av different things that brings us more revenue will d country go backward....
Weed is what will bring in more revenue undecided
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by bbamusa: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2021
Rexymania:
Is Lebanon an Arab country? They aren't
, Lebanon is an Arab country of course. are you surprise. 100% of them are Arabs, only that they are 50/50 Muslims and Christians
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Coolgent(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2021
dollynnn:
They will come for your head grin
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by DaveHarry(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2021
"legalize marijuana! hu hu hu...only cure for glaucoma, hu hu hu, only cure for ashtma, hu hu hu...I man ah the bush doctor, hu hu hu.."
Marijuana is life!
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Yankee101: 11:13am On Nov 19, 2021
Poverty wan kill them
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Naijaolosho2: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2021
uBuNiT:
Legalising that leaf means killing the business for the merchants. It won't be lucrative again

You're one of our problems in this country.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Benrosaria(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
dollynnn:

It’s a specie of food and not drug. Food heals if you insist it’s a drug

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Naijaolosho2: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
dollynnn:

You're as dull as your moniker implies.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Youngmolis: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
shocked shocked if they legalise it in Nigeria is going to be a big problem
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by ajl: 1:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
While Nigerian Islamic zealots in the north are not allowing states in the south to get into this business. It's medical marijuana for God sake, not free for all India hemp smoking. Na only them know God pass. Maybe by the time Saudi Arabia legalise medical marijuana, their eyes will open. Zealots.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by ajl: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
Youngmolis:
shocked shocked if they legalise it in Nigeria is going to be a big problem

You guys just need to keep quiet and understand an issue before commenting. It's legal growing of medical marijuana only by approved establishment, and sale of this in the international market. It's not for smoking. Learn to read and comprehend.

Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by ajl: 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Shame no dey catch you? Someone from Nigeria referring to another country as failed state.
Re: Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis by Dasilva12: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Make i quickly pack my belonging and relocate to lebanon. Hope dem legalize loud and skung ooo.

China's Online Court Heard Its First Case Yesterday / Indonesia Prison Fire Kills 41 Drug Inmates, 80 Hospitalised (Video) / ISIS Hit By Financial Crises, Slashes Salaries Of Fighters