Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? (46156 Views)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by pestrolus2002(m): 9:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's called "Oka ori" in yoruba land.. grin
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Coolgent(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
If he suck well and sleep well and his body temperature is withing the range then there's no cause for alarm.
My first born leave with it for about a year it then closed itself
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 9:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Dolt. Exclusive breastfeeding and breastfeeding can be used interchangeably.

When people mention breastfeeding you damn know what they mean.

If exclusive breastfeeding is not enough. That means breastfeeding overall is not enough.

I thought you were sitting on a fence?

You're really desperate at this point. Seriously just fvck off.

Fortunately I am still right here, no plans to leave, its jut 3.19pm. Except you wish to leave, do right ahead.
But before you do please note that EBF and BF are two different things

You have NO reference to prove your claim. You knew that your claim was wrong and you decided to throw out false references thinking people would not open the links
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Skooltynz: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
sundamonex:

Please, When will their PUTME form be out, my kid bro applied thanks.

Click the link all the info is there.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by seyz91(m): 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
it normal and natural

You just have to he careful in handling the baby as time goes on
.it will harden up and close in no time
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Fortunately I am still right here, no plans to leave, its jut 3.19pm. Except you wish to leave, do right ahead.
But before you do please note that EBF and BF are two different things

You have NO reference to prove your claim. You knew that your claim was wrong and you decided to throw out false references thinking people would not open the links

My claim was wrong ? grin

You're bored at this point.

Not sitting on the fense again?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

My claim was wrong ? grin

You're bored at this point.

Not sitting on the fense again?

Do you have a reference stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE breast feeding)

If your comment was African women do not practice exclusive breastfeeding long enough, you will see a lot of claims online that agree with that. I MIGHT even agree with that.

But your claim was "africans don't breastfeed long enough"
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by showbiz4all27(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
I reactivated my nairaland account after a very long time because I read about your worries on your baby.

It's something to worry about if not properly monitored and follow the following guidelines.

1. Your baby is extremely exposed to cold.
Ensure you cover the baby's head always. Babies have numerous cute headcovers.

2. Your baby Fonta is dehydrated.
Buy a quality original silverbird and baby oil. Only mixed a small portion of the silverbird to the baby oil and apply it always on your baby's head just to ensure it's hydrated.

3. You back your baby carelessly.
Back your baby with caution and don't allow the head to fling backwards. Some new mothers are careless on this.

Please note that, I'm not a medical expert but exact thing you're experiencing now occured to me with my first son and I got all these informations I stated out on Google. It works like magic. In no time you wouldn't even notice it's reduced to the bearest minimum while the fonta breathes normally.

Stay bless.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 9:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Do you have a reference stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE breast feeding)

If your comment was African women do not practice exclusive breastfeeding long enough, you will see a lot of claims online that agree with that. I MIGHT even agree with that.

Since you want to go into semantics. Here's a PDF article mentioning BREASTFEEDING.

Now shut up and be gone forever.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/pmnch/media/publications/aonsectionIII_6.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjU25PhpaX0AhVGqaQKHVcaDXYQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0BIi-iCx0hkx_Rj3Wu5O1b
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 10:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Since you want to go into semantics. Here's a PDF article mentioning BREASTFEEDING.

Now shut up and be gone forever.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.who.int/pmnch/media/publications/aonsectionIII_6.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjU25PhpaX0AhVGqaQKHVcaDXYQFnoECA8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0BIi-iCx0hkx_Rj3Wu5O1b

Poor dear, I'm still here enjoying our discourse. Not going anywhere, hun. I can bet (I might be wrong) that reference has nothing on your claim
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Poor dear, I'm still here enjoying our discourse. Not going anywhere, hun. I can bet (I might be wrong) that reference has nothing on your claim

Once you see that it does, you can now shut up and go.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by SavageResponse(m): 11:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:

Meanwhile yabatech has extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to help you throughout the Admission process,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022

The admission process for part-time and HND programmes in Yabatech is a scam and it seem you're one of the people benefiting from it/.

The will know that they only have opening for just 500 people but they will go ahead to sell admission/application forms to 5,000 people; the sale of forms will close and reopen over 10 times withing a span of just 3 or 4 months! angry
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 11:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Once you see that it does, you can now shut up and go.

This is the article you just posted. For the umpteenth time, Exclusive BF is different from BF

Lord have mercy!

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by doublex10: 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
This is very normal for every infant. Get shea butter (ori) and always apply on and around the area.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Kingsleystunner(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2021
There is a oil called silver something like that I don’t remember the name
My sister do put it on her baby head once they baff the baby finish
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 12:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

This is the article you just posted. For the umpteenth time, Exclusive BF is different from BF

Lord have mercy!

Did you read the first paragraph of the article, you fool?

My last response to you.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Cocaine20982: 12:55am On Nov 20, 2021
Sunken Fontanel,,,,,,, ____==DEHYDRATION.
Give him enough breast milk and more fluid.
Fluid, ,, fluid and fluid.
Ok ?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by dulphines: 5:17am On Nov 20, 2021
It's treatable by traditional doctors (Not witch doctors otherwise known as native doctors. It will normalize in a couple of days from experience. Consult locals, elderly market woman around you if you are in Nigeria.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Bigpapi: 5:54am On Nov 20, 2021
verybadmouth:

File Photos

Use speed take reach hospital now,that thing u see so na children killer
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by sultan003(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:
No be only dehydration

Well!!!!!
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
1Sharon:

Did you read the first paragraph of the article, you fool?

My last response to you.

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by apatheticme(f): 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.

Give a 2wks old child water to drink everyday?? Breastfeeding is still food and water for babies at 2wks and beyond up to 6months for optimal health.

Sunken fontanelle at 2wks is not necessarily dehydration!! Neither is it a disorder. Degree of "sunkenness" varied based on fat padding. In a baby that's asthenic, fontanelle appears very deep, while it is practically almost non-palpable in chubby babies!

Barring any other symptoms, or dry diaper, a well breastfed child with sunken fontannelle is just fine!

Anterior fontanelle closes averagely at 18 months while the posterior fontanelle is expected to close around 12 to 14 months.

Parents should really stop stressing about the fontannelle, except it closes earlier than expected or refuses to close beyond 18 months. Then a paediatrician is supposed to review the child.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by poshestmina(f): 3:09am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

I'm still here hun. Not going anywhere except you want to leave.

Yes, I am happy to sit on a fence sometimes

Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough?

I'm a fan!
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:24am On Nov 23, 2021
poshestmina:

I'm a fan!
smiley smiley smiley
lol

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by tammie24: 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Klington:
When did this thing become abnormal for newborn babies
as in... sad
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Thickgirl: 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
dulphines:
It's treatable by traditional doctors (Not witch doctors otherwise known as native doctors. It will normalize in a couple of days from experience. Consult locals, elderly market woman around you if you are in Nigeria.
Hi dear ...please have been trying to contact you concerning a 3 days blood pressure theraphy you told someone about on one thread on nairaland..have sent mail,tried sending dm but no reply please can you check your mail or should i drop my email address..thanks in advance �

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Spots On My Penis, Wondering If Anyone Can Help Me / How Healthplus Pharmacy Founder And 11 Family Members Survived COVID-19 / Cancer Killer Fruit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.