Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? (46148 Views)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

"Exclusive breastfeeding" means nothing to our premise.

" Top 5" also doesn't disprove my point.

How many women OVERALL breastfeed and HOW LONG are they doing this for?

Here is a study proving my point. Now shut up and be gone.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221413912030144X

Our premise?

We have a premise?

Guy

Go and learn humility

You are an empty noise maker
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:

Our premise?

We have a premise?

Guy

Go and learn humility

You are an empty noise maker

You don't know what premise means?

I gave you facts with evidence, is this all you can say?

Just shut up and be gone, you have nothing else to say. I've backed up my point with facts
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by descarado: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mac12:
Talking from experience, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your baby. It will heal up on its on. Healing time differs in children. If you like, go do pass yourself.
Exactly. It's nothing serious really.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
timjones1:
You're probably doing exclusive breastfeeding for the baby, this is a sign of dehydration. The baby not having enough water.. just give him enough water, it'll bulge out. Thank you
There is no scientific basis for this
Neonates will be fine on exclusive breastfeeding and do not need water
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
timjones1:
You're probably doing exclusive breastfeeding for the baby, this is a sign of dehydration. The baby not having enough water.. just give him enough water, it'll bulge out. Thank you

Quite how exclusive breastfeeding will lead to dehydration is a mysterious NEW HYPOTHESIS
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by sundamonex(m): 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
It think it will disappear with time all new babes have holes up there,it's seems not only Nigerians are on NL the baby is white and obviously not a Nigerian..

Meanwhile yabatech has extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to help you throughout the Admission process,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022

Please, When will their PUTME form be out, my kid bro applied thanks.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

That's not the point. You only accept things that are written when it suits you.

You cannot discuss with someone for 10 minutes and know what the person accepts or does not accept.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

You don't know what premise means?

I gave you facts with evidence, is this all you can say?

Just shut up and be gone, you have nothing else to say. I've backed up my point with facts
WE do not have a premise

maybe you do but we never agreed any premise

You said Africans breastfeed least and that is why they have low IQ that is YOUR premise not mine

You are an empty rabble rouser full of breeze and bluster and nothing useful
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by descarado: 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:

Quite how exclusive breastfeeding will lead to dehydration is a mysterious NEW HYPOTHESIS
grin
We have them all here. Researchers, professors and students cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Millichamp(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
This one dey turn to Tegwolo grin
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by muheeb01(m): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
The baby is just 2weeks old,as times goes by and the baby keep developing,it will close up
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:

WE do not have a premise

maybe you do but we never agreed any premise

You said Africans breastfeed least and that is why they have low IQ that is YOUR premise not mine

You are an empty rabble rouser full of breeze and bluster and nothing useful

And I gave you research that backed up my point, where is your rebuttal?

You've got nothing else to say..just shut up and be gone. My last response to you .
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

Thanks so much
you can also apply Silverbird Eucalyptus Oil mixed with Vaseline and rub on the opening on the skull. You will feel the opening when you touch his head. Don’t apply it on the sunken fontanelle. Cover his head with baby cap. He will be fine
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.

I doubt you're a doctor...
Because no doctor ((unless the quark ones)) would prescribe an antibiotics without test...

And besides, you want to give "strong antibiotics" to a 2weeks old child just like that

OP PLEASE DONT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE O
Children usually have a depression like that on their head ((it appears to beat like a heart if you look at it)), buh it's usually not that deep ((the ones I've seen)), so please take that child to a hospital and clearify things...

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Here you go
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/01/30/the-country-with-the-worlds-worst-breast-feeding-rate-will-shock-you/

What are the statistics on the continent overall?

Only 3 African countries topped the table and 1 European country came at the bottom. And so?

What are the breastfeeding stats on the continent overall vs Europe? Do you know how averages work?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

And I gave you research that backed up my point, where is your rebuttal?

You've got nothing else to say..just shut up and be gone. My last response to you .
You did not give anything to back up your twaddle

You are talking gibberish
Breastfeeding is higher in Africa than anywhere else
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Favfables1:

Because no doctor ((unless the quark ones)) would prescribe an antibiotics without test...

And besides, you want to give "strong antibiotics" to a 2weeks old child just like that

Children usually have a depression like that on their head ((it appears to beat like a heart if you look at it)), buh it's usually not that deep ((the ones I've seen)), so please take that child to a hospital and clearify things...
I never said I was a doctor and I gave an advice based on experience. Thanks
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

You cannot discuss with someone for 10 minutes and know what the person accepts or does not accept.

Werent you telling me papers by Caucasians can be flawed and now you're posting those same papers to back up your point on breastfeeding?

Are you a hypocrite?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
I never said I was a doctor and I gave an advice based on experience. Thanks

My apologies for the assumption
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
UR CHILD NEEDS WATER.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Lavisha(f): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
handyman90:

Just tell us you luv vibbratorzz..
Hian?!
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Vickylabossbaby: 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please it is a sign of dehydration. Take your child to the hospital.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Londonpraise(f): 5:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
It will close up at the right time always cover up the baby to avoid cold...
My baby's own closed up after a year and 2 months

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Werent you telling me papers by Caucasians can be flawed and now you're posting those same papers to back up your point on breastfeeding?

Are you a hypocrite?

I made no points on the rates of breastfeeding in countries. My comment was a dot. I just called your attention to a particular sentence, so you could do more research before tabling an opinion with so much certainty.

I neither agree nor disagree and that was why I put a DOT

No I am not a hypocrite. I am very vocal about what I agree or disagree with. And when I'm in the middle, I put a dot
We digress on the issue of hypocrisy - lets stick to our fontanelle and breastfeeding discussion.

Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Budapestboy: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos

Your 2 week old is probably dehydrated! It’s time you leave naira land and see a doctor
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

What are the statistics on the continent overall?

Only 3 African countries topped the table and 1 European country came at the bottom. And so?

What are the breastfeeding stats on the continent overall vs Europe? Do you know how averages work?

That's for you to find out before making claims about Africans not breastfeeding enough. You may be right or wrong but you need to be sure of the claims that you make
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Drogunov: 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Well, we call it oka ori in Yoruba land.

Iro, amala abe ni......
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ebuka333: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.
Give bby water to drink abi breast
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by descarado: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Favfables1:

Read her post very well.
Few people understood what she wrote there.
Or just move on.

This place eeh.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

I made no points on the rates of breastfeeding in countries. My comment was a dot. I just called your attention to a particular sentence, so you could do more research before tabling an opinion with so much certainty.

I neither agree nor disagree and that was why I put a DOT

No I am not a hypocrite. I am very vocal about what I agree or disagree with. And when I'm in the middle, I put a dot

Now you want to sit on a fence grin

Don't be cowardly and backpeddle, stand your ground.

You pasted an article to me and gave link to an article, so you are indirectly making a point by doing that.

I'm calling you a hypocrite because you called caucasian papers flawed but sent me the same Caucasian papers when it favoured you.

Just be gone abeg.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Now you want to sit on a fence grin

Don't be cowardly and backpeddle, stand your ground.

You pasted an article to me and gave link to an article, so you are indirectly making a point by doing that.

I'm calling you a hypocrite because you called caucasian papers flawed but sent me the same Caucasian papers when it favoured you.

Just be gone abeg.

I'm still here hun. Not going anywhere except you want to leave.

Yes, I am happy to sit on a fence sometimes

Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nutritional Benefits Of Red Palm Oil / Woman Who Underwent Surgery To Remove Huge Tumour, Shows Off Her Arm. Photos / LINA MEDINA, The Youngest Mother Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.