Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" (20327 Views)

Tinubu Renews Confidence On The Integrity Of Gbajabiamila / Adegboruwa: Wike Has No Legal Authority To Confiscate Citizens Properties / Adegboruwa: Buhari’s Speech Filled With Confusion, Curfew Can’t Work In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Adebeeyi: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (SAN), a member of the Lagos State Panel on Restitution for Victims of SARS-Related Abuses and Other Matters, has advised the Lagos State Government of Babajide Sanwo-Olu to focus on recommendations contained in the report submitted by the panel rather than “seek to demonize EndSARS Panel members and their report or to evade responsibility”.

The EndSARS panel inaugurated in October 2020 submitted a 309-page report in which it revealed that soldiers shot live ammunition at armless protesters with the intention to kill and maim them.

Reacting to criticism of panel members ever since, Adegboruwa, writing on his official Facebook profile on Friday, accused the government of subjecting the report of the panel to media trials and attacks.

He described it as an improper and uncharitable attempt by the government to frustrate the good work of the panel.

“I have listened to the narratives of the Lagos State Government through one of its Learned Senior Counsel at the #EndSARS Panel, to the effect that Nigerians should reject the report of the Panel because I signed it, since I was not present at some of the sittings of the Panel,” he said.

“I served on the Panel on the mandate of the Governor of Lagos State, who told me on telephone that I was chosen to represent CIVIL SOCIETY. I requested for and approval was granted in writing, that my appointment was on a part-time basis.

“Furthermore, the Governor told me that two members were chosen to represent civil society on the Panel so that one of us would always be present at the Panel to excuse the absence of the other. I accepted the appointment in good faith, to serve the people, to calm frayed nerves at the time and also to restore normalcy to Lagos State. So, at all times, I functioned in partnership with my colleague from civil society, and there was no major sitting of the Panel in which both of us were absent.”

Recalling that he served on the panel free of charge, from October 19, 2020 when it was inaugurated till November 15, 2021, when it submitted its report, Adegboruwa said the government was well aware of his identity, perspectives, philosophies and general convictions, at least since his university days, before it nominated him into the Panel, that he would always say things the way they are.

“All Panel members acted in good faith, independently and in the fear of God Almighty,” he insisted.

“My principled struggles in respect of toll fee collection started way back from 2011, almost nine years before the Panel was inaugurated. Indeed, the Governor said that these were the factors that favoured my selection as a member of the Panel. Will I then deny myself, forfeit my reputation and discredit my constituency, my colleagues in the Nigerian Bar Association and comrades in civil society, in order to please anybody or cover up the truth? NEVER!

“It is therefore improper for Lagos State Government, through its lawyer that appeared before the Panel and other sponsored agents, to subject the report of the Panel and indeed the integrity of Panel members to media trials and attacks, all in the bid to build up the contents of its White Paper, which we can now reasonably foretell, from these sponsored media attacks.

“It is indeed uncharitable for the same government that urged the Panel not to be held down by strict rules of technicalities of law in order to unravel the real truth about the Lekki Toll Gate Incident, to now through its counsel, talk about alleged legal discrepancies, to frustrate the good work of the Panel that it set up.

“There are documents to back up and defend the report submitted to the Governor by the Panel but I have chosen to defer to His Excellency and to await the White Paper as promised, because I believe that the Governor meant well in setting up the Panel and giving us free hand to operate. I appeal to His Excellency to continue in that note of sincerity.”

Adegboruwa said there was no minority report from the panel, as the report submitted to the governor on November 15, 2021 was unanimously endorsed by all members of the panel, who worked tirelessly, day and night, to serve the government and the people, even at great risks to their health, personal safety, career and family obligations and their general well-being.

“I’m very sure that Panel members would have been lionized to the highest heavens if we had bought into the narrative of the government before the Panel that it was criminals, cultists, hoodlums and unknown gunmen that operated at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020,” he continued.

“I urge the government to focus on the findings and far-reaching recommendations contained in the report, in order to pursue the laudable objectives of setting up the Panel to achieve true healing and reconciliation, instead of seeking to demonize Panel members and their report or to evade responsibility.

“God bless Nigeria.”
https://fij.ng/article/adegboruwa-kicks-as-lagos-govt-attacks-the-integrity-of-endsars-panel-members/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by assent: 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
Madridguy, sirjamo, seunmsg thatfairguy1, simplyleo, mannabbgrills, Tinubuadvocate, vedaxcool, NGpatriot, looks like you guys are too ashamed to say anything about the endears reports.

This gives us opportunity to know where you people really stand between the side of truth and side of lies, shame, error and deception.

It helps us to know if you are children of honour or children of dishonour.

It helps to know if you are patriots or bunch of Shameless people.

It helps to know if you are children of uprightness or children of hate.

Your true identity has just been exposed. No more hiding place.

Every enemy of democracy in Nigeria, may curse and destruction never depart from their homes.

Everyone who concocted and defended lies about the #Endsars protest, may they suffer what the victims suffered. Amen.

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Orogigu: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
IgweBUIKE1:
Because he no favour them. ..if it's the other way round....the mumu helinues and vulture grill go don de mazturbate all the place
Lol
Those guys are crazy mehn

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by bigdammyj: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
Noted
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Thisis2raw(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Watch how this report will die off in a space of a week or two. Nonsense country

14 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Grace001: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
It is indeed uncharitable for the same government that urged the Panel not to be held down by strict rules of technicalities of law in order to unravel the real truth about the Lekki Toll Gate Incident, to now through its counsel, talk about alleged legal discrepancies, to frustrate the good work of the Panel that it set up

You urged them to unravel the real truth about lekki tollgate with honesty, they did just what you asked them to do. But you rejected the result of the same penel setup by your own government.

What I don’t understand is that, why did the Lagos state government setup the penal when they already know they won’t accept report from the panel that is not in favor with the government.

I pity those who still have hope in this failed country, no need to waste time over this issue. Those who died at the lekki tollgate died for nothing

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Sebastine1994(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Bureaucracy is too much. I just hate this type of thing called democracy. It's one sided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by HenryThegreat1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
ok
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Okay o

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by sheriffman(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
UTTER THRASH

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Olarewaju89: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
undecided

When are they going to sack lie Mohammed

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Nonpartisan1: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
This useless PDP lawyer, Ebun onagoruwa SAN for that matter , who stayed away from the panel for 56 times sitting of the panel, sat down in one beer parlour , wrote a minority report on the panel final outcome , that is clearly based on his emotions, full of bare face lies , countless inconsistency, childish errors, false assumptions.

Thi is against all known decency of legal profession, mischievously released his own version of his unsigned copy final report submitted to the governor, to the public through social media in senseless bid to tinted the original final report submitted to the governor by panel chairman, and make the final paper useless, worthless and unreliable.

Yeye people.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by 9jaBloke: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Expected

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by kennykruzmason: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Problem no dey finish
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
T
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by ChangetheChange: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sanwolu is a mental patient...truly...end of discussion

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by IbileIfe: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
The Hidden TRUTH can be delayed from being known, but it cannot be denied in the end

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by DelTel(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
grin
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Grace001: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
I knew that Sanwo-olu asś leaking governor will reject that report. Them no born and well make him accept am

Isn’t the same boi-boi governor who said “ forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history” at the night of the incident

As a boi-boi governor who he is, he changed narration in the morning after when those who put him there talked sense into small head.

It doesn’t come as a surprise to me that, the boi-boi (baba sope) governor will accept that report

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by billante(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Am very sure there would have been no need of any white paper if this panel findings had favoured the government narrative.

They would ask you what else do you want to hear again that the panel has given its verdict.

Don't be surprised when they ask for purple paper too later.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Lovenorth: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
I have never seen a panel as useless as this end SARS panel, Sanwu Olu is really a nice guy

10 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by barnaby04(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
This is quite expected.

I know for a fact that Babajide Sanwo-Olu and co would do everything possible to discredit the panel's report by the time the white paper is it released so as to render it useless.

I was chanced to watch the interview of one called Senior Advocate of Nonsense, Mr. Kayode Enitan, on Channels Sunrise daily this morning where he tried to no avail to discredit the panel's report.

This APC govt is a plague that needs to be eliminated come 2023!

9 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by Memphitz357: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
I ask again mention one Buhari administration appointee that is sensible and reasonable? Clueless set of people.
The worst of all is that quota system SAN, Malami.
The NBA should recall the scripts he wrote to in order to pass his LAW school exams.

2 Likes

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by okeyumez(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Don't trust lawyers. They are all hypocrites. I am yet to see video evidence of the massacred youths.
Some fools are here shouting ICC not knowing what ICC is meant for.
Millions of people were massacred in Libya and ICC didn't summon Obama and former France President.
How many of you on nairaland shouted ICC when Obj sent soldiers to odi and Benue to kill people during PDP?
Hypocrites everywhere

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by tutudesz: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
undecided

1 Like

Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by smatt1711: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Adegboruwa Kicks As Lagos Government "Attacks The Integrity Of EndSARS Panel" by nick50(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
assent:
Madridguy, sirjamo, seunmsg thatfairguy1, simplyleo, mannabbgrills, vedaxcool, NGpatriot, looks like you guys are too ashamed to say anything about the endears reports.

This gives us opportunity to know where you people really stand between the side of truth and side of lies, shame, error and deception.

It helps us to know if you are children of honour or children of dishonour.

It helps to know if you are patriots or bunch of Shameless people.

It helps to know if you are children of uprightness or children of hate.

Your true identity has just been exposed. No more hiding place.

Every enemy of democracy in Nigeria, may curse and destruction never depart from their homes.

Everyone who concocted and defended lies about the #Endsars protest, may they suffer what the victims suffered. Amen.
..AMEN!!!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Asks Court To Disqualify Tinubu, Atiku / Arewa Youths Disown Hausa Hate Song , Demand arrest and prosecution of producers / 9th NASS: Goje Endorses Kalu For Deputy Senate President (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.