Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,541 members, 7,850,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:53 AM

How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri (23982 Views)

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning / PDP Convention: Wike, Fintiri, Saraki, Okowa, Bala Emerge Power Brokers / Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by Hashabiah: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Deadlytruth:

You have forgotten the Maitatsine movement which ravaged Nigeria all through the times of supposed military behemoths like Gowon, Murtala Mohammed and Obasanjo save Shagari the pure civilian in whose regime the head of the movement was caught and finished off. But then reared its ugly head again under IBB another military behemoth.
The democratic institutions you adjudge as idiotic on account of stalling investigations into violence were actually made idiotic in this dispensation by the military establishment which largely formed the ruling class since 1999. We all know how much Obasanjo and Atiku weakened the legislature and judiciary hence the emergence of strong men and weak institutions today. The Obasanjo who introduced bribery and corruption into the National Assembly and also signed into law the humongous allowances of the federal legislators which use such allowances to finance terrorists as you rightly deduce, was from which establishment? The same Obasanjo who publicly confessed to being aware of the existence of Boko Haram since 2002 (i.e. under his administration) but left them to fester and grow for the reason of his pursuit of political capital is of which establishment? Now ask yourself why Yaradua who had less of military credentials was the only one who could for the first and only time order soldiers and police to storm Boko Haram hideouts in Kano and wipe out over 800 of them within six hours on a particular day. Jonathan the bloody civilian fought Boko Haram better than Obasanjo the retired Army General. Didn't you ever read it in the news that Obasanjo once visited the Boko Haram leadership and gave them a gift running into millions of Naira thus further encouraging them? Which president of purely civilian background has ever done that in our history?
By your accusations of Kalu and others of looting as civilian rulers, you seem to forget the $12.2bn Gulf War windfall loot which happened under IBB, the unquantifiable Abacha loot which is still being recovered till tomorrow, the, mountainous looting by Abdulsalami Abubakar within his short stay.
After Nzeogwu and co had murdered Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and the rest on allegations of corruption, revelations which later came up proved those figures to have died as paupers and this still forms the basis of the North's unquenchable ill-feelings towards the Igbos and its attendant perpetual lack of national unity which is largely responsible for the tension everywhere. We must be careful the way we over exaggerate the negative activities of politicians.
Where democracy is working today, e.g. the USA, UK, Germany, etc; it didn't begin to work perfectly from day one. It only got refined over time through constant amendments to the constitution to address any loopholes newly discovered at any point in time. Military intervention in politics has never progressed any country and Nigeria can't be an exception. Haiti gained independence in 1810 (just 34 years behind the US) and started with democracy but soon fell into military rule which existed there till 1994 when the US had to forcefully uproot a military regime to pave way for civilians. Because of protracted military rule which lasted in Haiti for 184 years, Haiti is so backward and almost 500 years behind the USA which it gained independence with about the same time. Till today citizens of Haiti still bath in streams and defeacate in bushes and water bodies while easily curable diseases still kill them all due to long years of military rule. Some of them still sleep on beds made of parallel alignment of naked bamboo poles. It is that bad. Military intervention in politics leads to donkey years of retrogression.
Bros, I would rather have one person loot the country and enjoy peace , than have a thousand loot the country, but yet I cannot sleep well at night. Today's politicians are holding power over us, by using our names and situations to collect debts that we and our unborn generations can never pay in three or four lifetimes.

The military you are screaming about is the lesser of the two evils, because during their era , our country had a bit of relevance in the international community , and our level of corruptions wasn't as profound as it is today .

During that period, at least the naira had value ...and we could boast of something in terms of stability and economic growth . But now , our economy has dwindled into a cesspool of illicit debt that has sold us into confusion and abject poverty .

I agree than the military looted ; and I also agree that Obasanjo meddled in affairs that were corrupt and questionable. But let us not forget that this was done under a civilian regime ,which by hypocrisy, is meant to follow "diplomacy" in its dealing. And that includes the possibility of paying bribes( yes you heard me well...just ask Americans because they do it all the time) to pacify certain disgruntled individuals.

To make you understand, can you recall the Abekoya movement that was foiled in the military era by this same military leader who used direct force to confront those spearheading it ? Had it been the Abekoya movement was done in a civilian regime, the battle would have continue till date because of silly democratic institutions. This is a fact that you cannot deny : the military is still better than this rubbish we are currently practicing .
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by oyatz(m): 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
rickyrex:
the ideology in politics been played in the south is different from the north. Northners play a single interest politics why south play a divisional politics. How do I mean? Northners speaks one language irrespective of different party they concluded on one table but south speak different languages and politucal party is divided across the south. 8 pdp governors and 8 Apc and 1 anambra apga. Of which apga is indirectly pdp. You can't expect all pdp candidate to leave their presidential candidate and vote for Apc cause his from the south. This system would have played better if it were those days pdp control large amount of the states but it can't be like that now cause both parties has places they are controlling now. South will be a hard factors for someone like buhari cause there's no form of unity

The myth that the North is one and speak with one voice is nothing but a myth.

In every election, different political parties win in different parts of the North.

In the First Republic, there were more 'strong' parties in the North than in the South.

In 1979 elections, The NPN won Sokoto, Niger, Benue and Kwara States, PRP won Kano & Kaduna States, Zik's NPP won in Plateau State and GNPP won Borno and Gongola States.

In the ill fated 3rd Republic, the North was divided between SDP and NRC.

In 1999 , the defunct APP won several States all in the North against the PDP.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by oyatz(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
Bros, I would rather have one person loot the country and enjoy peace , than have a thousand loot the country, but yet I cannot sleep well at night. Today's politicians are holding power over us, by using our names and situations to collect debts that we and our unborn generations can never pay in three or four lifetimes.

The military you are screaming about is the lesser of the two evils, because during their era , our country had a bit of relevance in the international community , and our level of corruptions wasn't as profound as it is today .

During that period, at least the naira had value ...and we could boast of something in terms of stability and economic growth . But now , our economy has dwindled into a cesspool of illicit debt that has sold us into confusion and abject poverty .

I agree than the military looted ; and I also agree that Obasanjo meddled in affairs that were corrupt and questionable. But let us not forget that this was done under a civilian regime ,which by hypocrisy, is meant to follow "diplomacy" in its dealing. And that includes the possibility of paying bribes( yes you heard me well...just ask Americans because they do it all the time) to pacify certain disgruntled individuals.

To make you understand, can you recall the Abekoya movement that was foiled in the military era by this same military leader who used direct force to confront those spearheading it ? Had it been the Abekoya movement was done in a civilian regime, the battle would have continue till date because of silly democratic institutions. This is a fact that you cannot deny : the military is still better than this rubbish we are currently practicing .

The Military rule was the greatest disasters that happened to Nigeria.

The military plunged the country to a needless war which still cause bitterness till today.

The military brought unnecessary and inpracticable unitary system which is weighing Nigeria down.

Military officers who had no experience in governance, no political manifestoes or the patriotic zeal became Heads of States and some were given States they don't know anything about to govern (as Military administrators) just to buy their loyalties to the Head of State and bribed them from making coups.

The military era was a period of political instability and represent a negative part of our political history that we aren't proud of.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by Hashabiah: 12:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
oyatz:

The Military rule was the greatest disasters that happened to Nigeria.

The military plunged the country to a needless war which still cause bitterness till today.

The military brought unnecessary and inpracticable unitary system which is weighing Nigeria down.

Military officers who had no experience in governance, no political manifestoes or the patriotic zeal became Heads of States and some were given States they don't know anything about to govern (as Military administrators) just to buy their loyalties to the Head of State and bribed them from making coups.

The military era was a period of political instability and represent a negative part of our political history that we aren't proud of.
So you want us to continue living with the current state of things ? The dollar changed for less than 40 naira during any military regime, but what is the value now? 550/$!!!

So who are we deceiving ...? Nigeria is currently tagged as one of the most unsafe places on planet earth all because of a civilian leadership that is clueless in handling insecurity and herdsmen attacks. This is something every person in Nigeria cannot deny and if the military were to take over , it will die within 24hrs.

Let us not forget IPOB and Oduduwa uprising that still threatens the very existence of Nigeria till date ,but when the military was there , who dey hear anything like that ...?

Make I rest my case here
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by hollah123: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
GardenOfGod:
PDP knows the game very well and they will present a candidate from the north
central who will beat Tinubu with a wide margin. It might not be Atiku.
I still put it to u again

Mention any politician in d north central that can defeat tinubu
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by juman(m): 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Uche Secondus is good candidate.
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by rickyrex(m): 1:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
oyatz:

The myth that the North is one and speak with one voice is nothing but a myth.

In every election, different political parties win in different parts of the North.

In the First Republic, there were more 'strong' parties in the North than in the South.

In 1979 elections, The NPN won Sokoto, Niger, Benue and Kwara States, PRP won Kano & Kaduna States, Zik's NPP won in Plateau State and GNPP won Borno and Gongola States.

In the ill fated 3rd Republic, the North was divided between SDP and NRC.

In 1999 , the defunct APP won several States all in the North against the PDP.
judging from 1999 how many states did pdp controled? I want to focus and make my point on politics I can remember. Buhari contested how many time against a larger party pdp still did not win, just like every other party that lost against pdp. The reason is because they control a small portion of the state. Another thing is how influencial the party is. There are state controlled by a party not popular yet when it comes to presidential election they lose to the bigger party like Lagos State. Controlled by acn then and when it comes to presidential election they don't deliver rather pdp will go home with the larger chunk but when acn merge with other party to form a bigger party called apc today we can all see how they are delivering their party. Politics in Nigeria is dynamic. What favoured you yesterday might not favour you today. Edo, imo, and Ogun is a good example of no to godfatherism unlike before
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by hollah123: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Asgard73:

So others will betray their own for a Yoruba man..
Stop hallucinating is bad .. I should be telling you to forget the Yoruba site Nairaland .. where they daydream
it's like u weren't alive when the northerners voted abiola instead of Bashir tofa
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by oyatz(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
rickyrex:
judging from 1999 how many states did pdp controled? I want to focus and make my point on politics I can remember. Buhari contested how many time against a larger party pdp still did not win, just like every other party that lost against pdp. The reason is because they control a small portion of the state. Another thing is how influencial the party is. There are state controlled by a party not popular yet when it comes to presidential election they lose to the bigger party like Lagos State. Controlled by acn then and when it comes to presidential election they don't deliver rather pdp will go home with the larger chunk but when acn merge with other party to form a bigger party called apc today we can all see how they are delivering their party. Politics in Nigeria is dynamic. What favoured you yesterday might not favour you today. Edo, imo, and Ogun is a good example of no to godfatherism unlike before

You are muddling up issues sir.

What exactly is your point?

Mine is that the North is as diverse as the South.

Politics is about interests. The interests of the Berom, Tiv, Nupe, Bolewa, Bachama, Ebira, Igala and Yorubas in Kwara & Kogi aren't necessarily the same as the same as the interests of the Fulanis.
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by rickyrex(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
oyatz:

You are muddling up issues sir.

What exactly is your point?

Mine is that the North is as diverse as the South.

Politics is about interests. The interests of the Berom, Tiv, Nupe, Bolewa, Bachama, Ebira, Igala and Yorubas in Kwara & Kogi aren't necessarily the same as the same as the interests of the Fulanis.
for me there's nothing like interest it all about party... As far as Nigeria politics is concern... Brainwash the masses on why pdp or apc is bad they will follow you. I was in kebbi state during 2015 election and I can tell you that most of them don't have interest what dey have is party affiliation. God forbid tinubu dies tomorrow you will know if the south west has interest or party affiliation. If tinubu decided to decamp to pdp most people will follow even after calling pdp thieves. The truth is that Nigeria politics speaks same language and not Interest. That is a governor can leave his state and go to another state to campaign and people will still listen to him.
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by oyatz(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
rickyrex:
for me there's nothing like interest it all about party... As far as Nigeria politics is concern... Brainwash the masses on why pdp or apc is bad they will follow you. I was in kebbi state during 2015 election and I can tell you that most of them don't have interest what dey have is party affiliation. God forbid tinubu dies tomorrow you will know if the south west has interest or party affiliation. If tinubu decided to decamp to pdp most people will follow even after calling pdp thieves. The truth is that Nigeria politics speaks same language and not Interest. That is a governor can leave his state and go to another state to campaign and people will still listen to him.

Politics is about interests sir.

However the interests varies from persons to persons.

For ordinary Nigerian (the masses) ,who in most cases don't benefit directly from the Government and majority of whom can't think deeply, their Interests may be as banal as 'having their tribal, regional or religious person in office'.

A good number of people in this class can be motivated to vote for these 'their' candidate if there is some financial rewards for the voting e.g a cash of about #500 or some amount of kerosene, raw foods etc.

For members of a political party, who stand to gain from Government if their party is in power, these people vote for their parties.

For active politicians, they vote for people/ parties that can give them access to the corridors of power e.g Senatorial candidates on the platform of the PDP in Enugu or Edo States will work to deliver their towns/LGAs to the PDP during the presidential election.
Re: How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri by usmexy1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
That is a clear chance for wike to win, it wasn't too long south south just finished rulling us. We have neglected equal rights in this country.

oyatz:

But why?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike’s Man, Sudor Nwiyor Dumps PDP, Moves To APC / Sule Lamido Granted Bail, Crowd Celebrate In Jigawa / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.