Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC (17985 Views)

How PDP Presidential Candidate Will Emerge – Wike, Fintiri / PDP Convention: Wike, Fintiri, Saraki, Okowa, Bala Emerge Power Brokers / Edo 2020: Wike, Okowa, Tambuwal, Others Visit Oba Of Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by jarawa: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2020
Members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Campaign Council for Edo Governorship Election, yesterday, met in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on how to defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming election.

The Chairman of the council and Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, said the party was confident of victory for Gov. Godwin Obaseki. Gov. Wike who presided over the meeting, said Edo electorate was desirous to consolidate the democratic gains the various elective representatives of the party had provided for it.

Those who attended the meeting were Governors Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri (Adamawa) and Seyi Makinde (Oyo), members of the campaign council, chairmen and secretaries of all sub-committees of Edo 2020. Briefing newsmen after the meeting, Gov. Fintiri said the meeting adopted the best strategies to retain “what rightly belongs to PDP”.

Fintiri who is the deputy chairman of the campaign council said they would leave no stone unturned in working with Edo people to deepen democracy. He said, “The election is already on the table for PDP. We have a sellable candidate, who is Gov. Godwin Obaseki. Nigerians are moving forward with democracy and we have to deepen it together.

“Technically, Edo is a PDP state, because in the last election of 2019, we actually won all the elections. So, it is not coming as a surprise that Gov. Obaseki has to shift ground from APC to join us. “Now, we are putting all the forces together, and there is nothing that’s left behind. So Edo is completely a PDP state and we are going in there to win the election.”

The Chairman of the Publicity Committee for Edo 2020, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, said Edo people were convinced that Gov. Obaseki was the best candidate in the race.

Our correspondent reports that since the inauguration of the 77-member campaign council by PDP NWC on July 7, 2020, in Abuja, yesterday’s meeting was the first.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/edo-govship-wike-fintiri-others-strategise-to-defeat-apc.html

8 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Goldp5988(f): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2020
I will observe the Election myself.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Judicible(m): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2020
Common sensical

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by realstars: 5:40am On Jul 16, 2020
Only A Strong And United Team Like PDP Can Take Them Down, Allready Edo Is PDP.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by SmartProf(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2020
Very simple...just play all the old videos of what Oshiomole said about Ize Iyamu and you'll be fine.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:43am On Jul 16, 2020
AIT go dey do ads for Obaseki like die as Raymond Dokpesi be chairman of publicity...

Obaseki has won the election

50 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Trumpcard05: 5:46am On Jul 16, 2020
Obaseki’s approval rating is high in Edo state. PDP must count themselves lucky to have him flying their flag. Victory for Obaseki and Philip looking like a stroll in the park.

Until Nigerians especially the youths start changing their value system, stop trying to reward evil doers & eschew the myopia of tribalism and other such bigotry, we’ll continue to play with mediocrity.

What we have today in Edo state is a clear choice against the evil of godfatherism in democracy, a self confessed cultist, popularly labeled a thief that cannot be trusted with state resources by his own past party chairman Oshiomole, currently facing fraud charges &prosecution by the EFCC and being campaigned for by another thief and bribe taker caught on tape ganduje. In saner societies, an Ize yamu will step down from any reasonable position held & not be contesting to be governor.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Lincoln275(m): 5:46am On Jul 16, 2020
Their business
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by iampeterben(m): 5:48am On Jul 16, 2020
PDP... Power to the people help us win back the only south-south state remaining. Let the stronghold of power come back to PDP small small!

24 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by bigfish3k: 5:48am On Jul 16, 2020
Please let them do it
Its for the good of Nigeria

Let's kill Godfatherism
I am very happy for the antagonistic response of Edo citizens to this devilish Godfatherism nonsense

Let it remain where it is wanted and leave SS alone because "Edo no be Lagos"

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by textilemania(m): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2020
The Chairman of the Publicity Committee for Edo 2020, High Chief Raymond Dokpesi, said Edo people were convinced that Gov. Obaseki was the best candidate in the race.

I expect Daar communication to finish Ize-Iyamu with their media houses... lol grin

Interesting times ahead! tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by fulanimafia: 5:49am On Jul 16, 2020
I thought they said PDP's victory was already done and dusted?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by One0Random0Girl(f): 5:50am On Jul 16, 2020
The way these people are going about this... I hope they manage to make it free and fair ooo, but with Wike involved *zips my mouth*

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by asatemple(f): 5:51am On Jul 16, 2020
Politics nawa oooo. Nobody is hearing about Oshomole again, naija I hail oo

19 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by tunary(m): 5:53am On Jul 16, 2020
When you have buhari as u4 opposition
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by RichDad1(m): 5:53am On Jul 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
AIT go dey do ads for Obaseki like die as Raymond Dokpesi be chairman of publicity...

Same way Atiku won ?
Congratulobia in advance

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by RichDad1(m): 5:54am On Jul 16, 2020
asatemple:
Remember, the empty drum make most noise. wink wink

14 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by textilemania(m): 5:54am On Jul 16, 2020
asatemple:

Oshiomole is at one creek doing some permutation and strategizing against the coming gubernatorial election in Edo.

You'll definitely hear him during campaign and after election! wink smiley

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by tetula123(m): 5:55am On Jul 16, 2020
asatemple:
that man no dey talk for now. he's making plans likely

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Bola146(f): 5:56am On Jul 16, 2020
All I want is peace
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by kahal29: 5:57am On Jul 16, 2020
saheedbadmus:
I don't know this obaseki of a guy but I have people in edo that confirmed he is a good. i wish him all the best .. let's stop all this God fatherism of a thing jare..

Ok
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Getintouch2004(m): 5:58am On Jul 16, 2020
No doubt, it's going to be a win for PDP. They should not relent though, cos it's not going to be a walk in the park for them.

As they are strategizing, APC is even doing more in trying to position Federal Might in their favour.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to Edo Election. It will reveal and at the same time change the face of electioneering in Nigeria.

Ambode, you see your life Be a Marlian, you refused.

15 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by helinues: 5:58am On Jul 16, 2020
grin
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by kahal29: 5:59am On Jul 16, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

The same way they did for Jonathan and Atiku against Buhari and what happened at the end of the day.....

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by teejanyy: 5:59am On Jul 16, 2020
smart move
Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by TheoStatesman(m): 6:00am On Jul 16, 2020
God will definitely see us through
Edo is PDP
South - South is PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by Goldp5988(f): 6:00am On Jul 16, 2020
SmartProf:
Very simple...just play all the old videos of what Oshiomole said about Ize Iyamu and you'll be fine.

I believe you said OLD, what I think is for him to use his achievement in the state, like all the roads he constructed, schools he renovated etc.

6 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by kahal29: 6:00am On Jul 16, 2020
textilemania:

I expect Daar communication to finish Ize-Iyamu with their media houses... lol grin

Interesting times ahead! tongue

The same way they finished Buhari and what happened at the end of the day.....

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Wike, Fintiri, Others Strategise To Defeat APC by SalemCiti: 6:00am On Jul 16, 2020
asatemple:
You will hear about him after the election when democracy will have been in danger.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South-East PDP Demands Atiku’s VP Slot, Party Dismisses Obi’s Threat / Presidential Election: BVAS Data Remain Intact – INEC / Al Mustapha Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.