Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,300 members, 7,850,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition (59920 Views)

Bruce Willis Has Dementia, Family Announces / Lagos State Hand 'Glover Memorial Hall' To Olu Jacobs And His Wife, Joke Silva / Olu Jacobs Watches As His Wife, Joke Silva Feeds Their Grandchild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Hashabiah: 6:28am On Nov 21, 2021
Teejay13:

You seems to be thinking from your anus oga, imagine your statement. What you wished for others is what you shall be wished also.

Also pray to God for you to even live up to his current age, idiots!
See another emotional Nigerian showing aggression for something that is not even worth it
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by todaynewsreview: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2021
medriano:

Would be nice. How some persons can actually write such distasteful comments surprises me. Well, it will get to their turn. Silly idiots.

I pray seun see my comment and do the needful.... Thanks
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 21, 2021
Farfalla:

"Men who suffer Dementia will be at the mercy of their wives".

LOL. Any individual who suffers any disease will likely be at the mercy of their spouse, male or female. You think it's by having a spouse of a certain age that you'll escape abandonment? Dementia isn't the only disease which can afflict you and leave you in somebody's mercy. You can be diagnosed with diabetes, or get a spine infection or injury in your 20s, 30s or 40s. It's not a 14-year old that will take care of you. It is your evening newspaper wife that will, if she's compassionate.

There are no guarantees of how your spouse will turn out in the future. None I tell you. Joke Silva could have decided to turn into a cougar and invite little boys into her house but she chooses to be a care giver to her husband, not because she's 20 years younger than Olu, but because she's compassionate and committed to him. Another woman 20 years younger than Olu would have looked at this time as the perfect opportunity to "relocate" to America with her younger lover.

I've come to understand that some stuff expressed on this forum are usually done so as jokes and banter but sometimes we end up portraying high-level ignorance and sounding so stupid in the process. Honestly.

It's normal to bash women on Nairaland, and even more common to bash older women, but that shouldn't be an excuse to keep spewing nonsense all the time.

Just pray that when that time comes when life throws its worst afflictions your way, you'll have a compassionate spouse to stand by you. Younger or otherwise.

I made a mistake and I'm so ashamed of myself.

I wrote "...men "that" suffer dementia...". I shouldn't have used "that" as a pronoun because I was referring to human beings.

You used the appropriate pronoun "who" while quoting me without pointing out my grammatical error.

Average readers will think you're intelligent, rational and expressive when they get an opportunity to read your remark.

However, your argument doesn't make my stance invalid.

I wrote a statement of fact and you gave a statement of opinion like any member your illogical gender would grin
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Pacyrus(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2021
So sad embarassed
But it's that the reason for being unkempt? Just asking though.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Farfalla(f): 11:09am On Nov 21, 2021
Double post.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Farfalla(f): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2021
Plantiff:

I made a mistake and I'm so ashamed of myself.

I wrote "...men "that" suffer dementia...". I shouldn't have used "that" as a pronoun because I was referring to human beings.

You used the appropriate pronoun "who" while quoting me without pointing out my grammatical error.

Average readers will think you're intelligent, rational and expressive when they get an opportunity to read your remark.

However, your argument doesn't make my stance invalid.

I wrote a statement of fact and you gave a statement of opinion like any member your illogical gender would grin

I wasn't even quoting you to point out a grammatical flaw, unless you're just being sarcastic. Never even noticed a grammatical error. undecided undecided

Of course, the usual attack on my gender for being illogical. grin
Your opinion is "factual", but mine is "irrational". You've not challenged my submission, but challenged my gender. The usual ad hominem. Not surprising though. grin grin

I still insist that the decision to be a caregiver isn't determined by one's age. It is largely determined by their level of compassion. It's common knowledge that not everyone is a caregiver. It's not even an opinion. It's a fact. Implying that it's only a woman 19 years younger that can take care of you is more of an opinion than fact. Just look around you and do a random survey even from members of your own family. The statistics are there for you to see. It's not an opinion.

Questioning my level of rationale and attempting to discredit my write-up as "unintelligent" won't change the fact that between these two variables; age and compassion, the latter is more of a factor in determining who will take care of you when you are at their mercy.

Kindly address that subject matter without attacking my gender. It's the logical thing to do.
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by apatheticme(f): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Godjone:
sad

Did she actually said so abi na one among many of una misleading headlines.

But come to think of it. How comes these guys in nollywood has one terrible health story or the other

These conditions are pretty common within the general population, but because they're celebrities they make headlines!!

Just attend neurology clinic one day in any major teaching hospital in Nigeria and you'll be amazed at the number of patients with senile dementia and/or Alzheimers disease you'll see!

A lot of these patients have been kept at home by their folks due to factors such as ignorance on the part of caregivers, financial issues, unavailability of old people's home or geriatric facilities to care for them,lackluster attitude of the Nigerian government towards care of the aged!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Farfalla(f): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
-
Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by Tundex911: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Old age indeed...

Please don't be angry with my point, why are we voting above 60years for presidential or rather political post

Oluwa a wa pelu wa

Re: Olu Jacobs Has Dementia – Wife, Joke Silva Reveals Actor's Health Condition by cherishmichael: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
You contacted me via email, but that email is not valid anymore, please contact me through my WhatsApp number.
fostermd:
The life expectancy in Nigeria is average of 47/48 years hence we don't get to see many people with dementia.It typically sets in after 65 years though there are few cases before that which is Early -onset dementia and also in those with Down Syndrome.

The few cases seen in Nigeria, unfortunately are attributed to spiritual issues.

No cure for dementia yet, sadly.There are medications to slow the progress such Donepezil, Memantine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ify Okoye Twerking And Grinding On Jude Okoye In A Club (Photos) / Tony Elumelu Saves Bovi From Embarrassment In A Club / Cossy Orjiakor & Jide Kosoko Play Dirty On The Scene Of Movie Shoot (pics/vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.