Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve (8930 Views)

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour / APC In Lagos Is Like A Mafia Organization — Bucknor-Akerele (Throwback) / Bucknor–Akerele: Why Tinubu Is Always Having Problems With His Associates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by bolaayenimo: 6:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Senator Kofoworola Bucknor-Akerele, a former Deputy Governor of Lagos State has called for more women participation in politics, saying she is not impressed with how men have been managing the affairs of the nation.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Bucknor-Akerele said most men who come into politics are there to amass wealth and enrich their pockets rather than working for the benefit of the nation.

According to her, Nigeria’ situation will change for the better if we have more females occupying positions of authority.

“I am not impressed by the men at all. Most of them seem to be there to fill their pockets and not for the benefit of the country. I think if we have more females in government, the country will be in a different condition completely.

“I will say to the women and the youths ‘come out and vote’. I am pleased to see that in Ekiti state, so many women have come out to contest in the forthcoming governorship election”.

“I think there are about nine women aspirants for the governorship in Ekiti state. I hope that we will see this in other states as well because you cannot have a country where half of the population is excluded from governance and expected that country to make meaningful progress”.
https://independent.ng/most-men-venture-into-politics-to-enrich-their-pockets-bucknor-akerele/

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by helinues: 6:46am On Nov 21, 2021
That one na known fact now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by EMAXIM(m): 6:48am On Nov 21, 2021
She's absolutely correct.

Both the men and the women are into politics to amass wealth and not that they have any vision moving this country forward.

Was Allison Madueke, the Senator from Anambra which I have forgotten her name now, were/are they men.

I'm so convinced that a woman without vision and ideology will be worse if given the opportunity.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Bola146(f): 6:52am On Nov 21, 2021
Bitter truth indeed

5 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by BeardedMeat(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2021
Crying grandma at the gate...Tinubu 2003. grin

All Nigeria politicians are thieves and buhari is their leader.

11 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by JavaScript90: 7:28am On Nov 21, 2021
we already know. even female politicians are the worst. their first casualty is their husband, then the masses. Finally Nigerians deserve the kind of politicians they get.
If majority of Nigerians are good people devoid of selfishness and sentiments, then majority of politicians will also be good people

Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by mysticwarrior(m): 7:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Even female politicians in Nigeria are corrupt, there are female senators and house of representative members, many of them have done nothing for the senatorial district they represent.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Jostoman: 7:49am On Nov 21, 2021
You are right o
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Oblongata: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
Pot calling kettle black
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by GlobalWay: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
cry
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Ethannathan(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
O
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by habeeb246(m): 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
Eyan Diezani Madueke

7 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Asgard73: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
grin
Remi won’t makw this kinda of statement.. Nigeria politics Na to amass wealth. For generation unborn.

2 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Otaiky(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Booked
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by akosy(m): 7:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Na both gender jare.
Abi Dezieni really wanted to serve ni?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2021
My sign off speech as the former President of my country...... in my dreams.

There is nothing automatic about having a second term.
Some of you might say it’s a big surprise.
It is a privilege to serve one’s country. And if you have the privilege of serving your country for one term and you believe you have done your best, you have to thank God for that.

Excerpts.......

Once an appointee is relieved of his appointment, mournful glares compete on burrowed foreheads, languid expressions of personal losses dominate discussions among beneficiaries or intended beneficiaries of loot from a public office recently lost. Lots of motives, from ethnicity to religion, to personal scores and political intrigues are adduced as reasons why the appointor must have terminated the appointment or disengaged the public office holder. In my situation, messages of consolation and clear condemnation oozed from some mouths the moment it was announced that a new nomination had been made.

It was a terrible distraction as I was struggling to imbibe as much as possible from the highly intellectually resourceful lecturer that was handling the on-going session. Calls came into my phone in torrents. Loads of messages poured into my phone with the constant flashes of light from the mobile gadget constituting a needless distraction until I had to switch it off. I contemplated what could be the problem with my people sympathizing disengagement from office as if it was a deprivation of valuables by armed robbers or loss of an edifice to a raging inferno. What mentality dictated the somber and lugubrious feelings being expressed by some friends save for a few others whose dignifying understanding of political appointment is superb enough to appreciate that it is merely an opportunity to serve and no more? That you were considered worthy to serve the public in an elective or appointive office is an opportunity to give your best to the community to the benefit of the living and in preparation of a decent living for the yet unborn generations. It must not be regarded as a kingship on which someone should expect life tenure. It is a temporary occupation of office that must terminate one day, either scheduled statutorily or otherwise. It is only when we realise this that the humanity in us shall radiate to the uplifting of our society.

It is at such point that our sense of uprightness can compete with that of people of other climes. This can only be guaranteed when politicians and political appointees prepare themselves for self-sustenance in and out of office with what I call an “alternative address.” The concept of alternative address is a legitimate business or vocation from which one can pay one’s bills conveniently without expecting loot from a public office. It is a platform, the proceeds from which can sustain you and your family needs whether you are in office or out of office. This has been my advocacy in the last decade and the earlier the voters appreciate this, the better for our nation.

In fact, as may be recalled, during the resistance to my nomination at inception, I clearly made this point that “I am not jobless and, therefore, not in search of any appointment.” I only owe the nation my service whenever called upon and I have the capacity to deliver.

Having alternative contact address is the only thing that will make you comfortable as not to pander to enticing suggestions of unscrupulous elements who would justify their greed with you-profit-from-where-you-serve mentality and disposition.

It is only this that can shield you from the rapacious tendency to dip fingers of larceny into the public cashbox. You must have an alternative address so that you do not join those you condemned before you had the opportunity to saunter into public office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by collagiatepaper: 8:01am On Nov 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by seunmsg(m): 8:02am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:
Bitter truth indeed

Women like Diezani, Stella Oduah, Mama Piss etc stole as much as any man one can think of so what’s the point again? Stealing in public offices has no gender. Everybody steals once they have the opportunity irrespective of their gender.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Chukwudi4naija(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2021
Patricia Eteh and Madueke kleptomania comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by profbray(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2021
All of them not most men

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Klington: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
That's the sole reason Nigerians venture into politics in the first instance.

The aim is to loot and loot endlessly without doing anything.

2 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Divoc19(f): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Even when you want to serve.
The system will frustrate you to start amassing wealth. Reality we live in undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Olayetan(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
That's a fact...
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by otomatic(m): 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
seunmsg:

Women like Diezani, Stella Oduah, Mama Piss etc stole as much as any man one can think of so what’s the point again? Stealing in public offices has no gender. Everybody steals once they have the opportunity irrespective of their gender.

Add Patricia Etteh ...

2 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by jimtemi1: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2021
If we vote person like deziani, that one worst past man matter... For ordinary bra to cost billions. I wonder what her shoe will worth if such woman become president

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by matm: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2021
U are right.Men like Diezina Alison Madueke and her likes who

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by matm: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2021
U are right.Men like Diezina Alison Madueke and her likes?

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by KoshCAD: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2021
You get the logic.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by CocoaOla: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2021
Yes

Nigeria government is full of Scammers
scamming Nigerians

That is why politicians will kill Nigerians for anything to get to the position

That's why they are inflation price of gas,electricity,fuel, tax no real solution to nigerians problems

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by cayorday89(m): 8:08am On Nov 21, 2021
You think you are saying the truth, but let us pretend it's a lie.
Most people or rather all the people eventually go for the money after venturing into politics not just men, women inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by okotv(m): 8:09am On Nov 21, 2021
It's really a two way street. The way politics is played in Nigeria gives little or no room to serve except you want to damn the consequences. People supported your candidacy and so expect something in return. You have to oblige. Those you cannot give positions get rewards in cash and kind, how do you go about it without stealing.

If you decide to serve damning the consequences, you would face a lot of sabotage that would make your work seem non existent. At that point you have either continue working or just take what you can and move.

PS: Men and Women alike loot in politics.

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by freeborn02: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2021
Most women are also like that. Gone are the days when women are willing to serve. Many of them even use their pussy to gain political prominence.

Everyone is looking for money.

Many married woman involved in politics cheat on their husbands with political party leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His Ethiopian Girlfriend / Sagay Tells Buhari To Seek Senate’s Confirmation For Magu Again / Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.