Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve (8940 Views)

‘Free Us From Tyranny,’ — Bucknor-Akerele Endorses LP’s Rhodes-Vivour / APC In Lagos Is Like A Mafia Organization — Bucknor-Akerele (Throwback) / Bucknor–Akerele: Why Tinubu Is Always Having Problems With His Associates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by EgunMogaji2: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2021
When we are ready we'll do the following:

1) Have them swear on Oramiyan/Amadiaho/etc, the bible/quaran doesn't scare them anymore.
2) Salary should be N250K per year.
3) Death penalty for any official caught swindling.

Like I said, we're not ready. Heck, some Nigerians think gun ownership is reckless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Brushstrokes20: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2021
99 % of Nigerian politicians are SAME SELF SERVING THIEVES!... na the lifeless vegetable shock me pass undecided
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by jclassiq(m): 8:13am On Nov 21, 2021
EMAXIM:
She's absolutely correct.

Both the men and the women are into politics to amass wealth and not that they have any vision moving this country forward.

Was Allison Madueke, the Senator from Anambra which I have forgotten her name now, were/are they men.

I'm so convinced that a woman without vision and ideology will be worse if given the opportunity.
Stella Oduah

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Skillsnigeria: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Bola146(f): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2021
seunmsg:

Women like Diezani, Stella Oduah, Mama Piss etc stole as much as any man one can think of so what’s the point again? Stealing in public offices has no gender. Everybody steals once they have the opportunity irrespective of their gender.
. Men are worse lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Geeman2006: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2021
True.. That's more like it. And also become a menace to society.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by skj1377(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2021
May become poor after venturing into politics. Many companies closed down due to the fact that their owners used the working capital of the companies on politics. Many still became very poor after becoming whatever they wanted to become in politics. Companies like reliance telecom and societe general bank readily come to mind.
bolaayenimo:

https://independent.ng/most-men-venture-into-politics-to-enrich-their-pockets-bucknor-akerele/
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Shobizz(m): 8:30am On Nov 21, 2021
I get you covered for DATA, TV SUBSCRIPTION

Check my Signature
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Shegzy8(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2021
Says a woman I know very well.

I Guess Diezani and Patricia Eteh are men.

It’s high time Nigerians come to term corruption has no age restriction, gender neither does it have a religion.

The problem is we Nigerians, it’s incoherent in us, it’s already like a lifestyle, a system, a way of life. Most Nigerians don’t see leadership as service. That’s why a class
governor sees himself head and shoulder above other students, a SUG president is no different from our politician ( regardless of it not having enough goodies like those up there)

How can you win an election in Nigeria without consultation, lobbying, spending billions just to win a primary election while you go ahead to spend more in the main election. Is it to retrieve a paltry sum of millions?

If leadership is our problem, why do so many Nigerians still go out of the country just to tarnish our image with different types of crimes? Even little countries have no regard for us cause of our crime tendency.

Nigerians loves corruption.

Nepotism is a way of life here, they only do not like it when it doesn’t Favour them. They call it connection, grace, Favour.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by nanakgh(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2021
Most people, not just men. If it were something positive you’d add the vagina people to it. So pls do so on this negative thread as well, cos what a man can do, a woman can do better.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by OgunkeelAllMod: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2021
We know mama.. Everybody in Nigeria issa THIEF .period undecided
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by seunmsg(m): 8:56am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:
. Men are worse lipsrsealed

We are all the same.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by mu2sa2: 9:05am On Nov 21, 2021
JavaScript90:
we already know. even female politicians are the worst. their first casualty is their husband, then the masses. Finally Nigerians deserve the kind of politicians they get.
If majority of Nigerians are good people devoid of selfishness and sentiments, then majority of politicians will also be good people
Ironically you're right. As a husband, if your wife ventures into politics you will be the numero uno casualty. From going to attend all-night "political" meetings to being intoxicated with ill-gotten money and outright rascality, your wife will show you pepper wella.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by GoldenSpec: 9:08am On Nov 21, 2021
The masses knws dz bfr na but they choose to be oppressed by their oppressors.. undecided
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Successlane: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2021
They go there 'to do well'

But come out 'well to do'

1 Like

Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Dreadshy: 9:15am On Nov 21, 2021
Even if men no wan steal na their family go say abi ori e o pe ni? Olori IBU... Only the abuse alone is enough to make even the righteous want to amass wealth.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by seyz91(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2021
cheesy
habeeb246:
Eyan Diezani Madueke
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by goshen26: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2021
It is not men alone, but almost everyone in Nigerian politics (men and women).

The few women there are not saint either; Patricia Ete and Allyson Madueke are good example.

Corruption is not gender based, but personal discipline.

So madam stop saying that, or say that to ur g*llible children
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Naijanascam: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2021
1000% of all Nigerian politicians go into politics as a business....... for the system to change.... let swearing in be done with the Oracle of the person's village not with the Bible or Koran ....it must stop these madness of embezzlements
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by hotseat: 10:06am On Nov 21, 2021
That falacy has long been debunked, madam!

. The predisposition to amass wealth in politics is not gender based as most women who found themselves in the corridors of power have clearly shown.

While venturing into public service is a demonstration of patriotism in other climes, here in Nigeria, the primary target is simply for the primitive acquisition of wealth and self aggrandizement from local, state to the federal level. This is a fact that can be seen by the blind and heard by the deaf.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by udemzyudex(m): 10:32am On Nov 21, 2021
Telling us what we already know?
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by dingbang(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2021
Dieziani?

Patricia etteh?

Stella Oduah?

Arent they females, them no thief money?
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by shegzbillionz(m): 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

My sign off speech as the former President of my country...... in my dreams.

There is nothing automatic about having a second term.
Some of you might say it’s a big surprise.
It is a privilege to serve one’s country. And if you have the privilege of serving your country for one term and you believe you have done your best, you have to thank God for that.

Excerpts.......

Once an appointee is relieved of his appointment, mournful glares compete on burrowed foreheads, languid expressions of personal losses dominate discussions among beneficiaries or intended beneficiaries of loot from a public office recently lost. Lots of motives, from ethnicity to religion, to personal scores and political intrigues are adduced as reasons why the appointor must have terminated the appointment or disengaged the public office holder. In my situation, messages of consolation and clear condemnation oozed from some mouths the moment it was announced that a new nomination had been made.

It was a terrible distraction as I was struggling to imbibe as much as possible from the highly intellectually resourceful lecturer that was handling the on-going session. Calls came into my phone in torrents. Loads of messages poured into my phone with the constant flashes of light from the mobile gadget constituting a needless distraction until I had to switch it off. I contemplated what could be the problem with my people sympathizing disengagement from office as if it was a deprivation of valuables by armed robbers or loss of an edifice to a raging inferno. What mentality dictated the somber and lugubrious feelings being expressed by some friends save for a few others whose dignifying understanding of political appointment is superb enough to appreciate that it is merely an opportunity to serve and no more? That you were considered worthy to serve the public in an elective or appointive office is an opportunity to give your best to the community to the benefit of the living and in preparation of a decent living for the yet unborn generations. It must not be regarded as a kingship on which someone should expect life tenure. It is a temporary occupation of office that must terminate one day, either scheduled statutorily or otherwise. It is only when we realise this that the humanity in us shall radiate to the uplifting of our society.

It is at such point that our sense of uprightness can compete with that of people of other climes. This can only be guaranteed when politicians and political appointees prepare themselves for self-sustenance in and out of office with what I call an “alternative address.” The concept of alternative address is a legitimate business or vocation from which one can pay one’s bills conveniently without expecting loot from a public office. It is a platform, the proceeds from which can sustain you and your family needs whether you are in office or out of office. This has been my advocacy in the last decade and the earlier the voters appreciate this, the better for our nation.

In fact, as may be recalled, during the resistance to my nomination at inception, I clearly made this point that “I am not jobless and, therefore, not in search of any appointment.” I only owe the nation my service whenever called upon and I have the capacity to deliver.

Having alternative contact address is the only thing that will make you comfortable as not to pander to enticing suggestions of unscrupulous elements who would justify their greed with you-profit-from-where-you-serve mentality and disposition.

It is only this that can shield you from the rapacious tendency to dip fingers of larceny into the public cashbox. You must have an alternative address so that you do not join those you condemned before you had the opportunity to saunter into public office.

shut up!
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Miller232: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
JavaScript90:
we already know. even female politicians are the worst. their first casualty is their husband, then the masses. Finally Nigerians deserve the kind of politicians they get.
If majority of Nigerians are good people devoid of selfishness and sentiments, then majority of politicians will also be good people
Just the truth Nigerians and Africans av a high population of bad people
We see every opportunity as means to make money
Even those fighting to separate from this na money making scheme
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by naijanaso: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
You are slightly wrong. The statement should read "All Nigerians go into politics to amass wealth"
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by lukency(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dezieni in my mind. I think she just pretended to be a woman but he's a man.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by Mayeldah(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
seunmsg:

Women like Diezani, Stella Oduah, Mama Piss etc stole as much as any man one can think of so what’s the point again? Stealing in public offices has no gender. Everybody steals once they have the opportunity irrespective of their gender.

Add Yoruba women thieves too. Remi tinubu and her husband have stolen Lagos dry since 1999.
Re: Bucknor-Akerele: Most Men Venture Into Politics To Amass Wealth, Not To Serve by lereinter(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Women too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Years After: Why Is Eko Atlantic City Still Empty? (Video) / Pictures From APC Rally In Wamako LGA, Sokoto / Federal Civil Servants Have Not Been Paid Their January,2012 Salary.why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.