Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,805 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

What Manner Of Leader Is Obong Victor Attah? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Manner Of Leader Is Obong Victor Attah? (233 Views)

Victor Attah Slams Malami With ₦1.5 Bilion Defamation Suit / Obong Victor Attah: My resource control fight still haunting me / Akwa Ibom State Governor Renames Int'l Airport After Ex-Governor Victor Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Manner Of Leader Is Obong Victor Attah? by Nellyvin(m): 10:09am On Nov 21, 2021
It was an eye opening session at the 2nd Obong Victor Attah Colloquium and 83rd Birthday organised by Uyo Book Club which held a Shakespeare hall, WatBridge Hotel Uyo, Saturday November 20, 2021.

There was Galaxy of testimonials from some of Obong Attah's Commissioners, trusted aides and well wishers.

Setting the tone for the colloquium was Arch Okon Obot, Obong Attah's Housing Commissioner who described him as affable, humble, selfless, mature, widely experienced and exposed. Obot said, "My Boss Obong Attah, served the state and forgot about himself. As at the time he left office, his personal house was incomplete. He came to serve and not to be served".

Barr. Joe Ukpong, Obong Attah's Environment Commissioner said, "My Boss is a selfless leader who challenged the resolve of the Federal government to deny Akwa Ibom State the right to enjoy the benefits of resource control. He did this at the expense of his own life. He is an embodiment of what Nigeria needs as a leader. He is the father of Resource Control"

Also contributing, a renowned scholar Etokowo Owo quipped, "Obong Victor Attah is a man of excellence, irrevocable integrity, altruistic and selfless. He knows how to say I am sorry, please. He was fond of appologising to his guests for keeping them waiting".

Obong Attah's Media Chief and founder of Uyo Book Club, Dr Udeme Nana eulogised the detribalised nature of Attah who appointed him Media Chief at age 30 not knowing his local government. Udeme emphatically said that 2023 is an opportunity for the State to elect a Governor in the mould of Obong Victor Attah who would be meticulous in spreading development projects across the state without biases.

Dr. Ekong Sampson, former Commissioner for Economic Development said, "Obong Victor Attah never interfered or stopped people from growing and exhibiting their talent. He ensured that there was level playing ground for everyone to shine. The exemplary nature of Attah brings to mind the need to protect Nigerians from theft of opportunities".

Samuel Ayara of AKBC TV said," How can I forget my years in the University of Calabar when we got bursary to support our education courtesy of Obong Attah. Here is leader who cared about the welfare of Akwa Ibom students across Nigeria. We really miss his Midas touch"

Others who spoke paid glowing tribute to a leader who mentored many and never held back what belonged to others. He built bridges across divides and ensured everyone got his due irrespective of class or social status.

Obong Attah remains an enigma, a selfless and meticulous Leader who laid the foundation for a modern Akwa Ibom State. Shelter Afrique was one of his signature projects among others.

To hear from the horses mouth about True federalism, keep a date with Obong Victor Attah on December 10, 2021 at E Library Complex Uyo during my Book launch.

Happy birthday Eduek Ekpe.

(1) (Reply)

FOCUS: Niger Communities Where Boko Haram Rules And Security Agents Watch / Buhari Has Borrowed ‘destinies’ Of Nigerians Away— Archbishop odutemu / Edo State Government Should Please Take Over Sapele Road (motorists Cries Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.