Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? (22102 Views)

She's Very Pretty But Has A Mouth Odour / What Is Happening To Me? I'm In Love With A 16 Year Old Girl / My Friend Has Been Seducing Me- I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by mamagee3(f): 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2011
People tell me I'm pretty/beautiful but the thing is I think completely the opposite of myself. . .even my uncles, aunts and strangers, I mean random people say the same thing but I think completely the opposite of myself?

What do you all think could be the cause of this?
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by BABE3: 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mama--Gee pls what exactly is wrong with you? ---You look pretty normal in your profile, but your topics/questions are abnormal---- (not necessarily this particular topic---though I'm not even taking the topic seriously)

Answer my questions first (What could be the cause? Is this just a facade or you're actually like this? ), then i'll answer yours.  smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by MMM2(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
mama-gee
u re beautiful.
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by SisiKill1: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mama-gee, I've seen your picture and you are indeed a very very beautiful girl but you won't see it because you seem to be suffering from very low self esteem. I mentioned it once in one of your threads. . . you probably thought I was insulting you, I wasn't.

What is baffling is why this is so. . .I mean you are pretty, you are articulate, you are funny and you seem to have a good head on your shoulder, so what's wrong? I think you should take a moment to discover yourself, luckily there are many self help tools online, use them. . . that is of course if you are opposed to seeing a counselor. From what I gather, you are in school. . . most schools have a counseling department and the services are free for students. I'd advice you to take advantage of it.

Good Luck girl.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Woke4all(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
POST YOUR UGLY PICS BEFORE I COMMENT

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Osama10(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Mama-gee, I've seen your picture and you are indeed a very very beautiful girl but you won't see it because you seem to be suffering from very low self esteem. I mentioned it once in one of your threads. . . you probably thought I was insulting you, I wasn't.

What is baffling is why this is so. . .I mean you are pretty, you are articulate, you are funny and you seem to have a good head on your shoulder, so what's wrong? I think you should take a moment to discover yourself, luckily there are many self help tools online, use them. . . that is of course if you are opposed to seeing a counselor. From what I gather, you are in school. . . most schools have a counseling department and the services are free for students. I'd advice you to take advantage of it.

Good Luck girl.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by lourash(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
where is MR CORK !!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked

190 where you at ?
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Scooby1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
you are beautiful! Pls put an end to constant abuse of Nigerian men ( calling us fugly) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by r231(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

btw didnt you open this same thread yesterday

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-685347.0.html
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by kokoye(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
You are always looking for validation and approval from others . . not a good thing.

That's what I can deduce from the threads you create.
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by 1one: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
MAMA GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,wetin dey do you sef,no be d same tin wey u talk for hia wey i follow you talk for ya other thread yesterday,wetin dey do you,how many times u wan hear say u fine.I even talk say you dey well rounded for down as u press ur body for the slab but yet you still dey doubt ya self.

This one no be ordinary eye O, kia kia make u go ya church go pray or if u no like am for church make u go counsellor.If u no settle dis tin before u marry,e go be big big wahala O,because any small tin-ti-ni something wey ur bobo do,u go dey talk say na because you no fine.e get one tin wey I read for internet say be the name of the syndrome wey dey do u.wey fine girl like you go look mirror she go dey see ojuju.

I beg make u tell ya mama make she carry you go psychologist but to round everything sha, Mama gee YOU BE AFRICAN QUEEN.YOU BE FINE GIRL.

AMERICAN VERSION:
MAMA GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.What's wrong with you,I thought we already ironed this whole "I don't feel good about myself attitude" It's been barely twenty four hrs and you're here smearing the page with the same
"I feel ugly" B.ull Sh.it. How many times do you want to hear that you're beautiful,Can everbody be lying at the same time? but you are still deepdyed and fixated on this Lord of all sh.it attituide that you're ugly.

Pls seek help because if you don't it would affect ur relationship with your husband, where every little feud would be seen as ugly-caused.

There's a syndrome for the way you feel and I think you should look it up and seek help.But in all Mama gee.YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by 190: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
Quote from 190

But seriously mamagee

Despite all my countless flirting, have u asked yourself why i aint intrested in you

thats cos u nor meet criteria now

u nor reach pass mark (50%)

I rate you -- 26% why cos of your shoes

Breast -- 0%

Nyash -- 0%

Face-- swollen eyes like that of unripe banana -- 0%

wetin come remain

hisses
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by 190: 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
Further quote from 190

Hey mamagee

Do you know that if you get naked rite in front of me

I wont still be intrested

its that bad you know!

No motivation on your body

Nothing! U dry like Kpamla fish used in cooking egusi soup for people during marriages
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by OAM4J: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mama-gee, you are beautiful kiss
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by SisiKill1: 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
1one:

MAMA GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,wetin dey do you sef,no be d same tin wey u talk for hia wey i follow you talk for ya other thread yesterday,wetin dey do you,how many times u wan hear say u fine.I even talk say you dey well rounded for down as u press your body for the slab but yet you still dey doubt ya self.

This one no be ordinary eye O, kia kia make u go ya church go pray or if u no like am for church make u go counsellor.If u no settle dis tin before u marry,e go be big big wahala O,because any small tin-ti-ni something wey your bobo do,u go dey talk say na because you no fine.e get one tin wey I read for internet say be the name of the syndrome wey dey do u.wey fine girl like you go look mirror she go dey see ojuju.

I beg make u tell ya mama make she carry you go psychologist but to round everything sha, Mama gee YOU BE AFRICAN QUEEN.YOU BE FINE GIRL.

AMERICAN VERSION:
MAMA GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.What's wrong with you,I thought we already ironed this whole "I don't feel good about myself attitude" It's been barely twenty four hrs and you're here smearing the page with the same
"I feel ugly" B.ull Sh.it. How many times do you want to hear that you're beautiful,Can everbody be lying at the same time? but you are still deepdyed and fixated on this Lord of all sh.it attituide that you're ugly.

Pls seek help because if you don't it would affect your relationship with your husband, where every little feud would be seen as ugly-caused.

There's a syndrome for the way you feel and I think you should look it up and seek help.But in all Mama gee.YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

You are talking about BDD – Body Dysmorphic Disorder. I don’t think Mama-gee is there yet, hers is just a serious case of inferiority complex. Have you read some of her threads? They all have the same theme. .

Why do Lagbjas talking about their good life?

Isn't it annoying when Tamedos posts pictures of their cars?

Ins't it annoying when mothers brag about their children?

Why do smart people think they are better?

She compliments someone on facebook, two days later the person changes their pix, mama-gee interprets that as bragging.

She wants to know how to treat someone who thinks they are better than you.

I could go on and on but the point is anything anyone does, no matter how unrelated it is to Mama-gee, she takes it personally. . .almost as if it was done for the express purpose of demeaning her. This is what leads her to opening these threads; they are a way of seeking validation. If she gets positives responses, she feels better about herself and all is right in her world.

Right now, this behavior can be excused by age but at some point, she won’t be able to hide behind immaturity anymore and that’s usually when it’s too late to change.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by mamagee3(f): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^Thank you for the compliment. . .

I appreciate it! cheesy

I wish it'll make me feel better of myself forever
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by kokoye(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^

Wow! very well taken.

I'm impressed . . keep it up.
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by SisiKill1: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2011
mama-gee:

^^Thank you for the compliment. . .

I appreciate it! cheesy

I wish it'll make me feel better of myself forever

QED!
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by mamagee3(f): 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2011
^What does that mean?

You got me lost. . .
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by adosjun(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Mama Gee ,you r who u say u r, For a lady u r very ok, Infact beautiful, One thing u must knw, no man is goodluking in everybody's eyez, So princess alwayz carry urself like a beautiful woman, dress well, shake dat ass of urs, talk with wisdom, smile, be friendly , I hv seen ladies nt up to ur standard but the way they carry themselve make even d most handsome men work extra miles to be with them,
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by frank317: 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2011
mama gee
i love ur brreast. Oh god!!! i just want to rip of that blouse and suck the hell out of them. can u reveal more that breasst just for me? i will give u my email adress if u want. ohhhhhhhh i cant wait to see them
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by kokoye(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
pervert
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
Shaking my head and neck off @ mama gee and her boring topics
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
frank3.16:

mama gee
i love your brreast. Oh god!!! i just want to rip of that blouse and suck the hell out of them. can u reveal more that breasst just for me? i will give u my email adress if u want. ohhhhhhhh i cant wait to see them

Holy Mary mother of lawd cheesy grin shocked lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Pweety4me(f): 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
I'm no therapist i wouldn't know.

What do you see when you look at urself?
smiley
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2011
@ OP
Honey, the pretty girls whom I know in the real world know that they are beautiful! The reason that you think that you are not pretty is simply because you are not. You said your relatives frequently compliment you on your good looks and I respectfully would like to ask: what else would they have said? Most folks who go on American Idol ended up there because their relatives or families put them on a pedestal. You don't need people to validate you! If you do, you not only are lacking but you are also what you think you are.
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by debosky(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
How many times will Mama-gee post a topic like this?

You need professional help. grin

Sisi kill has given you some good advice to start with, but seriously, get help
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
debosky:

How many times will Mama-gee post a topic like this?

You need professional help. grin

Sisi kill has given you some good advice to start with, but seriously, get help

Word
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by ak47mann(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
madam pls can you put up your sexy pix for us to judge tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue make sure you pose very well,
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by satani22: 12:15am On Jun 09, 2011
People should start ignoring mamagee. I think she is fraustrated with her numerous senseless topics
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Dsense(m): 12:43am On Jun 09, 2011
[size=20pt]Mama Geee . . The typical Monkey grin[/size]
Re: Why Do People Tell Me I'm Beautiful/ Pretty But I Don't Think I Am? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 09, 2011
Kettle calling pot black ewe

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Expensive Gift You Ever Given The Opposite Sex? / My Pre-wedding Pics / Difference Between 'I Love You' And 'Am In Love With You'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.