Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,409 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Powerful pictures of hope - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Powerful pictures of hope (4400 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Babcock University Students In Styles (pics) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hope from a dog's smile

5 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Seal Saves a man who jumped to his death

Suffering from mental illness led Kevin Hines, who was then just 19 years old, to attempt to take his own life by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Astoundingly, he survived the impact but suffered severe injuries and was desperately trying to stay afloat in the freezing waters. He felt a creature in the water and was scared until he realized this animal was bumping up and helping him swim. Although at the time he did not know what animal helped save his life, he later found out from an onlookers photos that the animal was a sea lion! Kevin Hines now travels the world to educate others on mental health and suicide prevention.

6 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
Whale saves Scientist from shark

When a humpback whale began pushing and guiding scientist Nan Hauser in the water, she didn’t know what to think. At first, she was scared and confused, until she realized the whale noticed something she didn’t – a large tiger shark swimming nearby. Upon seeing the shark, Nan understood that the whale was trying to protect her and guide her back to her boat. Nan, who has dedicated her life to protecting whales, had never experienced anything like that before, though she knew that whales sometimes displayed a similar behavior when protecting seals from killer whales. Though she doesn’t know exactly what goes through the minds of these whales, she knows that they have this altruistic desire to help animals of other species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTw8MR67xv8

3 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Dolphin saves man from sharks

Like the previous story, this tale involves aquatic animals protecting someone from a potential shark attack. In this case, a pod of dolphins surrounded Adam Walker, a long-distance swimmer, after a great white shark emerged in the water beneath him. These 10 dolphins swam alongside Adam until the shark left the vicinity. Coincidentally, Adam was swimming to raise money for the Whale and Dolphin Conservation nonprofit organization. Seems like he picked the right cause!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlhQttD3qoE

1 Like

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
Pride of lions save a kidnapped girl

Lions are often known for being majestic but ferocious hunters. However, for a 12-year-old Ethiopian girl, these animals became her saviors after she was kidnapped by a group of four men. With the police on their trail, the kidnappers were on the move, however, their plans were thwarted when they encountered a group of lions who chased them off. These lions then stayed with the young girl until the police arrived. According to one policeman’s account, “They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest.” Some experts believe that the girl’s cries for help sounded like the cries of a lion cub which made the lions sympathetic.

10 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by Gosj001: 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Bookmarked!

My siggy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by DontBullshitMe: 11:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
Mock arrest.

Hehehe. grin
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by meobizy(f): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
In 06 this would make front page. Today, nobody cares.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:56am On Nov 22, 2021
wow lipsrsealed
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by ABOKI9ja: 1:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Very powerful and educative post

1 Like

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by biafrasun: 3:59am On Nov 22, 2021
what a piece of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by femi4: 4:09am On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:
EarthRise NASA 1968

No God needed

2 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by etrange: 5:37am On Nov 22, 2021
I haven't been online in a while, but the last time I checked, this OP used to have special preference for sad stories. I hope this thread is reflection of his current state of mind.

Nice one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by PhenomenalAustin: 5:44am On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer

My fave nairalander!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by SporaD8: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2021
meobizy:
For goodness sake and humanity Lalasticlala should move this to frontpage to educate those cannibals that butcher dolphins and monkeys.
They all need sensitisation!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 8:04am On Nov 22, 2021
PhenomenalAustin:
TheSourcerer

My fave nairalander!!!
because you are a wonderful soul , hope you have the bestest morning.
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Blazinraj01,bluewitch , peacefull Fox97, hope you both have a great day. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by ambitiouschap17: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2021
etrange:
I haven't been online in a while, but the last time I checked, this OP used to have special preference for sad stories. I hope this thread is reflection of his current state of mind.

Nice one.

I thought I was the only one that notice, he his the first gore lover I knew online.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 9:28am On Nov 22, 2021
etrange:

Nice one.
Welcome back online ,
Its complicated , I'm still In that dark realm but see the use of light sometimes , hope you're having a fabulous morning ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2021
ambitiouschap17:

I thought I was the only one that notice, he his the first gore lover I knew online.
Good Morning
Is the essence of life not death ? smiley
And the happiness of death not new life .

I'm sure you fascinate in gore too , it is what life is about , it is life itself , death is too final ,boring . too peaceful , the joy of life is the hurdles that comes with it , the gore , the art .

How's your day going though smiley?

2 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by ambitiouschap17: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:
Good Morning Sir
Is the essence of life not death ? smiley
And the happiness of death not new life .

I'm sure you fascinate in gore too , it is what life is about , it is life itself , death is too final ,boring . too peaceful , the joy of life is the hurdles that comes with it , the gore , the art .

How's your day going though smiley?

It's going fine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2021
[quote author=femi4 post=107844991][/quote] No God needed.
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by Blake755: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2021
A very powerful post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Mock arrest.

Hehehe. grin
I wouldn't mind one too ,
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 10:58am On Nov 22, 2021
meobizy:
wow 06 , then been a nairalander was very special , educative and matured talks , everyone was an adult Spoke like an adult , were never uncouth.
Hello Ol Member smiley
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by DoingBetter: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2021
I remember reading this story years ago. Still amazing.
TheSourcerer:
Pride of lions save a kidnapped girl

Lions are often known for being majestic but ferocious hunters. However, for a 12-year-old Ethiopian girl, these animals became her saviors after she was kidnapped by a group of four men. With the police on their trail, the kidnappers were on the move, however, their plans were thwarted when they encountered a group of lions who chased them off. These lions then stayed with the young girl until the police arrived. According to one policeman’s account, “They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest.” Some experts believe that the girl’s cries for help sounded like the cries of a lion cub which made the lions sympathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by Bluewitch(f): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:

cheesy

Sure I did...
Wbu
Re: Powerful pictures of hope by Bluewitch(f): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:

cheesy

Hopefully
You too

1 Like

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by TheSourcerer: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bluewitch:

cheesy

Sure I did...
Wbu
doing just fantastic thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Powerful pictures of hope by meobizy(f): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
TheSourcerer:
wow 06 , then been a nairalander was very special , educative and matured talks , everyone was an adult Spoke like an adult , were never uncouth.
Hello Ol Member smiley
I'm not that old here. I signed up in 2011 and became a regular in 2013. A search back in time inspired my comment. The truth is, people will say Nairaland's best times were back in the day, reality shows that members were as childish back then as today. The users from that time were based abroad so could communicate their ideas better in English. Waist beads were still the number one topic then.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwasu Anthem Full Lyrics And Audio Download / Badamasi Lawal: Katsina State Govt. Spends N208m On Payment Of WAEC Fees / Can I Register For Gre Online As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.