Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

CNN Exposing False Pastors - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CNN Exposing False Pastors (3052 Views)

Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / False Pastors And Zombies Are The Two Sets Of People In Pentecostal Chuches / False Pastors That Are Leading People To Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by newmi(m): 6:24am On Jun 18, 2011
firstly, the title of this thread is offensive. Secondly, there is no reference in the bible that says cnn has the responsibility of exposing anything rather the bible says that by their fruits WE not CNN shall know them.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by newmi(m): 6:27am On Jun 18, 2011
^^^^^When did cnn became among the "WE"
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by dorox(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2011
newmi:

firstly, the title of this thread is offensive. Secondly, there is no reference in the bible that says cnn has the responsibility of exposing anything rather the bible says that by their fruits WE not CNN shall know them.
newmi:

Are you saying that cnn is wrong for exposing these criminals?
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by PastorAIO: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2011
MrBible:

@Azibalua
Paul you have quoted above, also gave you the instruction below, so why don't you, pastors and chuches obey it today? But pastors and their ignorant supporters will quote any verse they can find to support tithes and first fruit

1 Corinthians 14:34
34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission,
[size=14pt]as the Law says.[/size]
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

But we're not under the Law.  Paul simply had a relapse at this point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by PastorAIO: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2011
newmi:

Are you saying that there are no christians in CNN? Are you saying that Ole Anthony is not a christian? Okay, even if they are not christians they have a right to protect the citizens of their country from what they themselves call a 'protected racket'.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 18, 2011
Pastor AIO
But we're not under the Law. Paul simply had a relapse at this point.
The tithes in Malachi 3:8 was a requirement under the law, so why are pastors still obeying it? Also how do we know the other verses where Paul has had a relapse like you have claimed.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
EarsWide:

@Jogbaje

you said
Does this spirit of forgiveness apply to everybody or just MOGs.
There cannot be double standards - MOGs that are exposed in the ways many of them have been deserve no special treatment. In fact I belive they should be punished twice as much because they have abused their positions.

Forgiveness is for all. There's no preference . An MOG is first a christian. He lives as a christian. His anointing as MOG is to minister to others. He is accountable for his life like every person.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
Joagbaje:

Forgiveness is for all. There's no preference . An MOG is first a christian. He lives as a christian. His anointing as MOG is to minister to others. He is accountable for his life like every person.

I was thinking you'd provide some support for your assertion that Kenneth Copeland was a rich businessman and movie star when he got into the ministry. Or at least acknowledge that you're wrong.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
dare2think:

@Joagbaje

Yes, people give them gifts and stuff. There is no crime in that. But don't you think it is ethically and morally right for those ministers to direct those "gifts" to poorer members of the church.

We should be more concerned about our own giving . What do we do with our money, it's not our place to dictate what another person does with his. Every real MOG put their monies into the ministry. And I believe every church has a helps plan for members that needs financial miracle. Besides,the best thing to do for people is not to give them kobo kobo. That has a place We ought to teach such people about finances. The poor needs teaching. There are principles of prosperity. I will rather empower a man and teach him to stand than giving him stipends. They should be taught on how to be productive. This is one of the benefit of prosperity teaching that some condemn in ignorance.

For example; 5 wealthy members decides to buy the Pastor a jet. Why cant the pastor tell the wealthy individuals to give to the needy instead as his own reward as a "messenger of God" is in heaven.

I dont have what to say on such. I would want to know the reason and circumstances surrounding the action. Does the pastor or ministry have need of such gift? Some pastors I know sold the gift people give them and put in ministry.

Not only give to the poor member's  in his "church"  but to the poor people in general---that's what I feel Jesus would be proud of. I am aware some Pastor's are doing this, but some pastor's behave as if poor/ impoverished people have finished from the face of the earth.

On such I focus on what Gid require of me to give. It is not my place to judge another. Because I don't know his givings and sacrifices. It's between him and his God. A man who receives definitely must have been a giver. Jesus had said that God will cause men to give to us when we give. So if men give to him, he probably must have been giving.

Which brings us back to the question, who is responsible for taking care of people who are inadequate materially and spiritually?  If you claim to be a man of God then you should be responsible to provide God's children MATERIALLY AND SPIRITUALLY, if you have the capacity. Not only to a chosen few.

A pastor primary duty is not to feed people With physical things. His primary duty as a pastor is to teach them the word of God. If he gives,He gives because he is a christian. Every christian must give to the poor and to God.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2011
[
nlMediator:

I was thinking you'd provide some support for your assertion that Kenneth Copeland was a rich businessman and movie star when he got into the ministry. Or at least acknowledge that you're wrong.

I was going to check my source again based on the response I got. It's long time ago. I have to double check on it
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^

No wahala.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by PastorAIO: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
nlMediator:

Joagbaje can never admit he is wrong lai lai. Unless it is to prove me wrong in this post.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
"We should be more concerned about our own giving . What do we do with our money, it's not our place to dictate what another person does with his. Every real MOG put their monies into the ministry. And I believe every church has a helps plan for members that needs financial miracle. Besides,the best thing to do for people is not to give them kobo kobo. That has a place We ought to teach such people about finances. The poor needs teaching. There are principles of prosperity. I will rather empower a man and teach him to stand than giving him stipends. They should be taught on how to be productive. This is one of the benefit of prosperity teaching that some condemn in ignorance."

The above used to be my position. I'm happy with the results I've obtained, applying it. However, recent experience convinces me that it does not capture the whole truth. There are many people suffering in the church. I see people that have sat under a pastor's minstry for at least a decade. Some of them make announcements, head units and deputize for the pastor when he's not around. They've heard any word they can hear on the issue, but they do not seem to have enough. They wear the same clothes over and over when they're serving the ministry (Or God, if you prefer). The pastor seems to have way more than enough and talks about it. What's wrong in catering to the needs of these people, instead of hiding under "giving them fish for a day"? Worse still, these people are asked to give more and more, and given their visible position in the church cannot say No. Something is wrong with this picture.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Joagbaje can never admit he is wrong lai lai. Unless it is to prove me wrong in this post.

He may be right, but one thing is clear , if I have facts to counter his claim I would have done it. My silence means I dont have facts yet to disprove him. And it will be foolish for me to argue blindly.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
Pastor AIO:

May be it'll be cool to prove you wrong! But I know I'm on solid ground. I have a lot of his ministry materials and he and his wife constantly talk about their debt burden and how they got out of it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exegetical Analysis Of Genesis 1 & 2 Sought! / Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus / Is Taking Part In Politics A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.