Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital (5257 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Dies In London Hospital - Theimpulseng / Buhari Not In London Hospital – Garba Shehu / Governor Chime In London Hospital With Heart Disease - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Afanna1: 12:08am On Jun 09, 2011
[b]
Ojukwu discharged from London hospital

By Emmanuel Nzomiwu Correspondent, Enugu

Leader of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, has been discharged from the hospital in London.

Ojukwu, who suffered a stroke last December in his Enugu residence, was flown to London in an air ambulance after spending few days at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Ituku-Ozalla.

A source close to his family confirmed to Daily Independent in Enugu on Wednesday that the Ikemba Nnewi has indeed been discharged from hospital in London.

Our source said that he has been undergoing physiotherapy in a private apartment in London, but described his response to treatment as “very slow”, obviously on account of old age.

It was gathered further that the revered Igbo leader was being administered with manual therapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy, speech therapy and exercises, to restore normal functioning of his organs and prevent disorders in future.

Ojukwu’s wife, Bianca, also confirmed to Daily Independent on phone that her husband has been discharged from hospital in London.

She said: “Yes, he is no longer in the hospital and I can tell you that God is great and gracious. God has shown us why he is God”.

“The condition of Eze Igbo has improved tremendously and he is now undergoing physiotherapy and I can tell you that his response has been encouraging”, Bianca, immediate past Special Adviser to the President on Diaspora Matters, said.

Asked when the ex-Biafran leader would return to the country, she said that he needs enough time to recover, noting that lately, he has been receiving so many visitors in London, including associates and relatives.

Ojukwu was APGA presidential candidate in 2003 and 2007 elections. On both occasions, he challenged the victory of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) up to the Supreme Court level.

However, in the last April election, not only that his party, APGA, which has reasonable followership in the South East, did not field a candidate, it adopted President Goodluck Jonathan of PDP as its consensus candidate.

Ojukwu had suffered stroke in December, three days after he received Jonathan and some state governors at his home in Enugu, named in Italian language ***Casa Bianca***, meaning Bianca’s home in English.

In an unconscious state, he was rushed to Accident and Emergency ward of UNTH and was placed on life support machines at the ICU for some days, before he was flown to London.

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=35219[/b]
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by aljharem3: 12:13am On Jun 09, 2011
Thank God cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy am really happy man

he should just go rest with his family and take life easy

Ojukwu congrates smiley may you life long kiss ikemba 1 kiss kiss
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 09, 2011
Good one
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by OAM4J: 12:35am On Jun 09, 2011
Congratulation Ikemba! Wish you a speedy total recovery.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by jason123: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2011
I thank God!!! wish you the soonest recovery wink
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by dempeople(m): 12:55am On Jun 09, 2011
Ikemba Nnewi, God has been merciful. We wish to hear from you.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by johnkenty(m): 1:25am On Jun 09, 2011
we, the Igbo Nation both home and in the diaspora wish him a speedy recovery.

EZE NDI IGBO GBURU GBURU, we salute you smiley
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by reindeer: 1:44am On Jun 09, 2011
Happy for the Ikemba, the cat with plenty lives.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by alex101(m): 1:46am On Jun 09, 2011
alj_harem:

jason123:

I thank God!!! wish you the soonest recovery  wink
grin grin Are you guys for real? Are guys sure about your "wishes" for the Ikemba, after blaming him for your "one-nigerian" woes? undecided
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by jason123: 1:49am On Jun 09, 2011
alex101:

grin grin Are you guys for real? Are guys sure about your "wishes" for the Ikemba, after blaming him for the your "one-nigerian" woes? undecided

Guy, so if I have issues with him, it means I must wish him death Pls, take your tribalism elsewhere!!!
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by alex101(m): 1:53am On Jun 09, 2011
jason123:

Guy, so if I have issues with him, it means I must wish him death Pls, take your tribalism elsewhere!!!

This is no matter of tribalism undecided I was just wondering if you and alj. harem are for real .
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by aljharem3: 1:53am On Jun 09, 2011
alex101:

grin grin Are you guys for real? Are guys sure about your "wishes" for the Ikemba, after blaming him for your "one-nigerian" woes? undecided

lets just thank Allah he is ok, i mean at the end of the day, he has kids at home wishing for their father to come back home

yes i am happy smiley kiss kiss ojukwu how we go share the 1.5bn jonathan gave u wink dont forget to give the church some of it after this Odell
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by aljharem3: 1:54am On Jun 09, 2011
alex101:

This is no matter of tribalism undecided I was just wondering if you and alj. harem are for real .

yeah I am for real, be positive i am not a bad person, wink
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by alex101(m): 1:57am On Jun 09, 2011
alj_harem:

yeah I am for real, be positive i am not a bad person, wink

Ok, time will tell!
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by jason123: 1:57am On Jun 09, 2011
alex101:

That is my actual wish for him. I cannot wish death on a man, no matter what. My issues with him and 1967 is a different matter altogether. Right now, the issue is his health.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by egift(m): 2:29am On Jun 09, 2011
jason123:

jason123:

That is my actual wish for him. I cannot wish death on a man, no matter what. My issues with him and 1967 is a different matter altogether. Right now, the issue is his health.

alj_harem:

@alj_harem and jason123
Thanks for your responses. Its refreshing and also reminds me why Nigerians will surprise the US on their 2015 prediction - We will remain one in the next million years. You both made my day.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by igboboy1(m): 3:46am On Jun 09, 2011
I have issues with people labelling him Eze Igbo, Call him all the titles (Ikemba 1, Agu ne chemba 1, unukwu mmanwu, onye nwe obodo etc) but that cos it is a known fact igbos dont have one supreme leader,

May you outlive your peers from those days AMEN grin
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Freewilly(f): 3:51am On Jun 09, 2011
Good news indeed, I wish the Ikemba long life. Must be a very sad day for all the Ojukwu haters on Niaraland. BTW where is Ileke-IdI, she is normally the first to post  trash on matters concerning Ojukwu and Igbo matters. Poor girl, all the insults she got from the MASSOB thread must still be affecting her. sad
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by 9jafetish(f): 3:52am On Jun 09, 2011
lol
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by igboboy1(m): 4:01am On Jun 09, 2011
Freewilly:

Good news indeed, I wish the Ikemba long life. Must be a very sad day for all the Ojukwu haters on Niaraland. BTW where is Ileke-IdI, she is normally the first to post trash on matters concerning Ojukwu and Igbo matters. Poor girl, all the insults she got from the MASSOB thread must still be affecting her. sad

[/quote

She probably had a heart attack after hearing the Ikemba made it grin
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Roland17(m): 4:40am On Jun 09, 2011
Thank God 4 Ikemba's Health, thank God he was not flown to LUTH, grin
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by EzeUche1(m): 5:03am On Jun 09, 2011
This is welcomed news!
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:07am On Jun 09, 2011
Ikemba, the warrior king lives! Alleluia grin
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by ASANIGBO(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2011
WE THANK GOD FOR YOUR LIFE IKEMBA.
YOU WILL LIVE LONG EZE IGBO.
WISHING YOU SPEEDY RECOVERY.
ENTIRE EASTERN NIGERIANS ARE MISSING YOU.
WE ARE WAITING TO SEE YOU SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Osama10(m): 5:52am On Jun 09, 2011
Congrats man.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Sparkle777(f): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2011
What a big relief!!! Am so glad the Ikemba is hale and hearty. Three gbosa,
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Nobody: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2011
Can't we see his picture or this one na another yardua style ? Dead man walking.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by gidson12(m): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2011
^^^not this time, you re more matured than this
@topic, i wish him a quick recovery
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2011
All I asked for is a picture just like everyone here demanded for yardua's picture ? Is this too big to ask ?
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by maxproxl: 6:59am On Jun 09, 2011
THANK GOD IKEMBA IS ALIVE, may the good lord perfect his healing. l respect this man for adopting goodluck jonathan as APGA's consensus candidate. GEJ would av lost if not for the south-west and south-east. may his cells, tissues, organs & all his body systems be made whole in jesus name.
Re: Ojukwu Discharged From London Hospital by MMM2(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2011
thank
GOD. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contractors Still Absent On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Before Another Biafra Pogrom.. Read This / Will Biafrans Need Work Permit In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.