Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,709 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:44 PM

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG (23660 Views)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 11:44am On Nov 23, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Why do Ikwerre peeps say they're not Igbo?

You don't force someone into what he/she doesn't want okay, Wike have always said that he is Benin but Amaechi will not accept that, both of them are ikwere. That ikwere man speaks more of igbo and understand Igbo is not a basis to decide for them, thank you.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by tradepunter: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2021
Igboid:

No thanks.
Obuaku river port and Onitsha river port will serve the East better.

Lol so which canal go serve those rivers??

Won't it still be ibom or rivers state?

The truth of the matter is east is a landlocked, so synergy is needed between every state in that region.

After all a port in the south serving goods going east will spring up serious development for all states there.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Igboid: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Trumann:

At least, you will spare us the sad tales of hatred, marginalisation, bla bla bla.

See me see trouble.
What's exactly your own?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Brimstone77: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2021
angry

If anambra,Igbo importers don't want to use the port the ikwere importers should be using it nah...

Why must they involve or rope igbos in what ever rubbish they are saying??

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by COMPAQ(m): 11:48am On Nov 23, 2021
Ctorch:

https://guardian.ng/business-services/maritime/kua-editing-ports-operators-urge-fg-to-upgrade-port-harcourt-seaport/#:~:text=in%20cargo%20handling.-,Clearing%20and%20forwarding%20operators%20in%20Rivers%20have%20called%20on%20the,addressing%20newsmen%20in%20Port%20Harcourt.

We should privatize all these things instead of this constant call to FG to come and do this or that.

If it had been in private hands, then it would be far more efficient, funds would have been invested to upgrade and the owners will engage with importers to provide incentives to get them to use it instead of Lagos. This competition will then bring about more efficiency and innovation.

Affer almost 15 years of MM2, it's still as good as it was and in some ways better, compared to that shambles of MMIA.

That is why I am happy govt is moving ahead with concession of airports. Cos if those new terminals at Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano are left in the hands of FAAN for too long, they will deteriorate to zero within 10years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Igboid: 11:49am On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

Lol so which canal go serve those rivers??

Won't it still be ibom or rivers state?

The truth of the matter is east is a landlocked, so synergy is needed between every state in that region.

After all a port in the south serving goods going east will spring up serious development for all states there.

What is your point?
We should not develop our River ports because the canal pass through Rivers/Akwaibom?
We should leave our own and come and develop your own so that tomorrow you will start crying about how Igbos want to annex your land?
Are you listening to yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by tradepunter: 11:56am On Nov 23, 2021
Igboid:

What is your point?
We should not develop our River ports because the canal pass through Rivers/Akwaibom?
We should leave our own and come and develop your own so that tomorrow you will start crying about how Igbos want to annex your land?

Baba you need canal to serve any port that will created in those areas since it's not close to water...

Even if you want to do a dry port, trains will be needed to serve those dry ports from the seaport.

Port development is always about location, from my rough understanding of the delta River... It's running from various locations down to the sea.

Also those rivers will need to be dredged deeper to accommodate the weight of vessels.

This is not about sentiment, the south as a whole needs its own seaports and that will be a game changer.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Hamiltonii: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2021
hammer567:

THE SAME WIKE IS NOW CLAIMING TO BE IGBO MAN AND FEARLESS.

TRY AND DEVELOP INTELLIGENCE, IT IS IMPORTANT.

ODE!

Wike is claiming Igbo? Do you know what politics is about? Na you be confirmed Ódē!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by efighter: 11:58am On Nov 23, 2021
Omanambala:

No , we should overrun that dungeon in Rivers and elect actual human beings....those Ikwerre are worse than ratttts and coccvkroaches!!

If we fight like this among ourselves in the South, how then can we achieve Southern Unity which is the only thing that can make us put the parasitic Almajaris where they belong, that is, in the desert? I can't image Ikwerre, Ijaw, Kalabari, Urobho, Itshekiri e.t.c. fighting so bitterly among themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2021
barcaboi:

Meaning Lagos provided an enabling environment for them

Yes, Lagos is okay.

Rivers state is hostile.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
BigSarah:
The first page only has comments from Non-Igbos...

Shut it
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by tradepunter: 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
Igboid:

What is your point?

I just also read the annexing of land part...

It's for this reason the FGN have hold over the east... Because they know the key component the east needs to acquire full sovereignty is seaport.

Which is out of their reach, thus the reason why east must deliberate as one going forward.... Many european countries are landlocked but they progressing rapidly due to similar ideologies that bind them together.

We are all south, when the progress comes no one will reason whose igbo or none igbo.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thisis2raw:
it you and your family and generation that are cursed to be extinct. May your family know no success. Bastard

Stop insulting him..
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Brimstone77: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

You don't force someone into what he/she doesn't want okay, Wike have always said that he is Benin but Amaechi will not accept that, both of them are ikwere. That ikwere man speaks more of igbo and understand Igbo is not a basis to decide for them, thank you.
exactly bro same thing I have been trying to make my Igbo brothers understand..

Same way aworis in Lagos have made it Cristal clear that they aren't yorubas and the yorubas considered it is the same way igbos should consider ikweres as non igbos..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by SlayerForever: 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

This man grin

Na so o grin grin grin
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
Trumann:

Which foundation was rigged? Ordinary roads to seaport you can't build. You elect idiots like Ikpeazu to rule you but you say it's rigged. Abeg shut up and be responsible for once.

The roads to the seaport are they federal or state roads? You kids just sit down and type rubbish on issues that are too big for you to understand
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by SKYHIGHfx: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2021
vojab:

With a large capacity of Romoss 80,000mah enough 4 charging your device many times to eliminate the anxiety of battery exhaustion.

18w fast charge, digital display, light weight...

Convinient to carry, lasts up to 7 days , ideal for travelling.

Compatible with iPhones, Samsung, Huwaei, Xiaomi and Viva smart devices.

Call or Whatsapp

PAY ON DELIVERY :

How much
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Trumann: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
obynzo:

The roads to the seaport are they federal or state roads? You kids just sit down and type rubbish on issues that are too big for you to understand

Dummy, sit down there and be waiting for the FG to clean your bum for you, lazy parasites. Other states are fixing roads and collecting refunds from the FG, you loafers are busy wailing. Continue crying, na una sabi.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Bamzyriches451: 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tor
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Oketwin(m): 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
MelesZenawi:

They are all working but business knows the ones good for them.
bros talk d one wen u know which port dey work, sale point stop working donkey years ago
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Chikeluba25(m): 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Anambra is arguably the most important state in Nigeria. Even FG knows Anambra will retire Lagos if a standard Seaport is built in the state. This is why they are scared of building one in the state, and are frustrating every plane to commence full commercial flight operation at Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport....

1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Tranquill: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

Wike never said he is from Benin. Wike said Ikwerre historically trace their origin to Benin but has evolved their own identity as an ethnic group which is clearly recognized by the Nigerian constitution and beyond. Some bigoted, desperate, shameless, despicable and shallow minded people that feel they must force themselves on Ikwerre and others, fabricate stories here and there and they are the same people that try to turn every thread on nairaland to a platform to insult, disparage or demonize Ikwerre people. They are pained that Ikwerre is not giving them the attention they've been craving. I even read one clown up there saying Ikwerre don't want to identify with them because of jealousy. Jealousy for what?! This is how idiot.ic and stupid they are. Jealousy, saboteurs, betrayal, lazy, cowards etc these are the only words they know even though they have no clue of their true meanings.

Now, how did this thread become about Ikwerre? The news never mentioned Ikwerre anywhere not even Wike. Every person that is able to graduate secondary school knows that ports are managed by the federal government so it should not even be about Rivers State.

Flies can only perch on a slice of cake but they can not move it from where it is.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
This is one one reason I will always advice my people (folks from cross river and akwa Ibom)
Never to join the those who speak ill and do harm to igbo folks.

Our region has a lot of paternship to work on.

Oil is not the future but IT, Innovation, manufacturing and industry..... Igbos are doing well in these areas.

Before the Cameroonian crises deteriorated thousands of igbo goods were coming into Cameroon from aba Onitsha and Nnewi.

Our people have a lot to benefit from friendly partnership with Igbos

I think a major reason igbos are using portharcourth port is due to low investorial confidence they have in the region.

If you're from akwa Ibom and cross river better desist from anti igbo rhetorics

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
otokx:
What happened to the ports in Onne, Warri, Koko, Sapele etc

Maybe because No importer from anambra is confident enough to send goods through it.

I urge the people from their to stop being Igbophobic and build solid relationships with Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi business communities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
Echoban:
So the Igbo prefer using port where Tinubu is but scared to use their backyard own yet they can't wait to hate d same Tinubu on every thread , grin

We go soon chase una ass comot for SW even Tinubu self no go fit beg us. That man is too gentle on u ungrateful lot

The owners of Lagos will never allow you to chase ibos.

I won't try such if I'm a Lagosian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

You don't force someone into what he/she doesn't want okay, Wike have always said that he is Benin but Amaechi will not accept that, both of them are ikwere. That ikwere man speaks more of igbo and understand Igbo is not a basis to decide for them.

They are not even needed, I don't know why any rational igbo would want to force an identity on them, I find it really disgusting.

Anyone outside the 5 eastern states isn't igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by horsepower102: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Daveconsult007:
This is one one reason I will always advice my people (folks from cross river and akwa Ibom)
Never to join the those who speak ill and do harm to igbo folks.

Our region has a lot of paternship to work on.

Oil is not the future but IT, Innovation, manufacturing and industry..... Igbos are doing well in these areas.

Before the Cameroonian crises deteriorated thousands of igbo goods were coming into Cameroon from aba Onitsha and Nnewi.

Our people have a lot to benefit from friendly partnership with Igbos

I think a major reason igbos are using portharcourth port is due to low investorial confidence they have in the region.

If you're from akwa Ibom and cross river better desist from anti igbo rhetorics

This is the best advice you can give to your people. Igbos see you people as our brothers and will always do business with you. The problem is that the Igbo hatred that is common in the south south region is beginning to penetrate some of your people. This could set a precedent with this Igbo generation if they add Akwa-cross people to the list of groups that hate Igbos.

Akwa Ibom and Crossriver will benefit a lot with economic partnership with Igbos but the people has to resist the temptation of Joining Igbo hating groups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:
Ibom port will be a higher strategic significance to the easterners than rivers.

That's why I tell our people to stand down when some people in Niger delta starts Mocking ibos, it's not strategic or profitable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
SisterFire:
...please I am ikwerre , lack of history caused this! I can speak Igbo well while mingling with umuigbo ...clean that

What about other Rivers groups especially those who feels ibos want steal their land and resources.

Finally, I think ikwerre Igbo denial cost them a lost especially in non oil investments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by sulaak(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
obynzo:

Bro that is not what i am saying. This is recent times. The foundation was rigged to prevent anything that would impact on the independent sustenance of the south east after the war. That is the reason why most of our parents moved en masse to Lagos and Other cities.

Igbo's have been migrating to the SW before the Nigeria independence.

Nothing absolutely nothing is stopping Igbo's governors from financing the development and dredging of the Onitsha river port or the many successful Igbo's entrepreneurs financing a dedicated deep seaport in the SS for the Igbo industry. We need to stop making excuses for bad performing Igbo politicians.

I also hate Buhari, APC and PDP.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
InoGetJoy:

Why do Ikwerre peeps say they're not Igbo?

I think this has cost them alot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
sulaak:

Igbo's have been migrating to the SW before the Nigeria independence.

Nothing absolutely nothing is stopping Igbo's governors from financing the development and dredging of the Onitsha river port or the many successful Igbo's entrepreneurs financing a dedicated deep seaport in the SS for the Igbo industry. We need to stop making excuses for bad performing Igbo politicians.

I also hate Buhari, APC and PDP.

I agree igbo politicians are messing up, but you cannot do that without FG approval. Do you know how many times the appeal was made to dredge river Niger and suspiciously it was stopped. The same Buhari awarded the contract for dredging the Niger up to Baro, but in some interesting circumstance he stopped. Again Igbos were migrating to SW before independence, but those that migrated were few businessmen and more of civil servants, but after the war everyone wanted to move to Lagos because of the stiffling of the region. Also i don't know how old you are but the Imo airport was financed entirely from donations from igbos right from Mbakwe's era.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Accident Involving 2 Trailers, SUV And Buses At Jibowu, Lagos / Nigeria Exempts American Citizens From Paying Biometric Service Charges For VISA / 8 Most Beautiful Island Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.