Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG (23648 Views)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
horsepower102:

This is the best advice you can give to your people. Igbos see you people as our brothers and will always do business with you. The problem is that the Igbo hatred that is common in the south south region is beginning to penetrate some of your people. This could set a precedent with this Igbo generation if they add Akwa-cross people to the list of groups that hate Igbos.

Akwa Ibom and Crossriver will benefit a lot with economic partnership with Igbos but the people has to resist the temptation of Joining Igbo hating groups.

Thank you.

I spent a lot of time with my maternal family in Cameroon, and I know what I'm talking about.

Many Ambazonians are even regretting the roles of their fathers in anti igbo campaigns during the 1940's and 50's but today they've embraced Igbo people and they are working together even with ipob.

Akwa Ibom and cross river is very strategic to igbo international economy because we're on the eastern economic corridor which connects with Ambazonia, French Cameroon, Gabon, central Africa republic down to central and East Africa countries.

If you embark on bus trips on areas would see hundreds of Igbo merchants who get their goods from ịgbo land

In future I believe Ambazonia will be connect to igbo land via speed rail which will pass through akwa Ibom and cross river down to Ambazonian areas and other eastern countries

That's my prayer, such move will make our areas an ocean of prosperity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tranquill:

Wike never said he is from Benin. Wike said Ikwerre historically trace their origin to Benin but has evolved their own identity as an ethnic group which is clearly recognized by the Nigerian constitution and beyond. Some bigoted, desperate, shameless, despicable and shallow minded people that feel they must force themselves on Ikwerre and others, fabricate stories here and there and they are the same people that try to turn every thread on nairaland to a platform to insult, disparage or demonize Ikwerre people. They are pained that Ikwerre is not giving them the attention they've been craving. I even read one clown up there saying Ikwerre don't want to identify with them because of jealousy. Jealousy for what?! This is how idiot.ic and stupid they are. Jealousy, saboteurs, betrayal, lazy, cowards etc these are the only words they know even though they have no clue of their true meanings.

Now, how did this thread become about Ikwerre? The news never mentioned Ikwerre anywhere not even Wike. Every person that is able to graduate secondary school knows that ports are managed by the federal government so it should not even be about Rivers State.

Flies can only perch on a slice of cake but they can not move it from where it is.

I responded to a comment in this thread ok, the same person who talked about jealousy maintained that she is Ikwere. The thread have nothing to do with ikwere, Wike and Amaechi but Rivers Port; thanks for the clarification and it should not lead to insult or abuse, thank you.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

Baba you need canal to serve any port that will created in those areas since it's not close to water...

Even if you want to do a dry port, trains will be needed to serve those dry ports from the seaport.

Port development is always about location, from my rough understanding of the delta River... It's running from various locations down to the sea.

Also those rivers will need to be dredged deeper to accommodate the weight of vessels.

This is not about sentiment, the south as a whole needs its own seaports and that will be a game changer.

If you're from South South,
Encourage your friends and people to stop the online igbo bashing.

I having been screaming thus for years

It does not help our when we fight ibos
Because no Igbo business people will use any port in our region if keep all these necessary banters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Tranquill: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

I responded to a comment in this thread ok, the same person who talked about jealousy maintained that she is Ikwere. The thread have nothing to do with ikwere, Wike and Amaechi but Rivers Port; thanks for the clarification and it should not lead to insult or abuse, thank you.

He/She's not not Ikwerre. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
theForth:

They are not even needed, I don't know why any rational igbo would want to force an identity on them, I find it really disgusting.

Anyone outside the 5 eastern states isn't igbo.

I appreciate your concern but there are igbos outside of the 5 South East states; oh yes! Oyigbo, Ahoada are igbos, also in Delta state Okonjo Iwela's ppl are igbos with everything igbos are known for. My position is that no one should be coarse into being an Igbo, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by allejo44: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
Omanambala:

No , we should overrun that dungeon in Rivers and elect actual human beings....those Ikwerre are worse than ratttts and coccvkroaches!!
shut up all of you
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

Lol so which canal go serve those rivers??

Won't it still be ibom or rivers state?

The truth of the matter is east is a landlocked, so synergy is needed between every state in that region.

After all a port in the south serving goods going east will spring up serious development for all states there.

The idea of ibos being landlocked is a narrative that must be discouraged among our people because it creates a false impression which paints a false picture on ground that gives our people a sense of entitlement.

Most of SS people now feel that ibos are without options but the reality is that they have lots of options for international waterway which will only cost them them money to develop if they want to.

The undeniable truth is that if ibos secede from Nigeria today with out any coastline areas..... Nobody will deny them access to the sea because their rivers empties directly into the sea and these rivers are wide and navigable.

Let's bury the idea of that we're doing them a favor.

We should be pushing for cooperation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by DitariDisciple2: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
efighter:

If we fight like this among ourselves in the South, how then can we achieve Southern Unity which is the only thing that can make us put the parasitic Almajaris where they belong, that is, in the desert? I can't image Ikwerre, Ijaw, Kalabari, Urobho, Itshekiri e.t.c. fighting so bitterly among themselves.

Kalabari is Ijaw you dummy.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Joe991: 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
Mrbenny001:
More money to jagaban
Some people are destined to be poor �
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Queenslander(f): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
theForth:

They are not even needed, I don't know why any rational igbo would want to force an identity on them, I find it really disgusting.

Anyone outside the 5 eastern states isn't igbo.

You should have your brains fumigated!!
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by tradepunter: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Daveconsult007:

The idea of ibos being landlocked is a narrative that must be discouraged among our people because it creates a false impression which paints a false picture on ground that gives our people a sense of entitlement.

Most of SS people now feel that ibos are without options but the reality is that they have lots of options for international waterway which will only cost them them money to develop if they want to.

The undeniable truth is that if ibos secede from Nigeria today with out any coastline areas..... Nobody will deny them access to the sea because their rivers empties directly into the sea and these rivers are wide and navigable.

Let's bury the idea of that we're doing them a favor.

We should be pushing for cooperation

The river nile runs through 6 african countries..... But you will need a visa to enter each sovereign territory.

Rivers are smaller water bodies, just because it empty itself into a sea or ocean doesn't mean nation's won't have sovereign control over territorial waters.

It's for this reason I am using a united front where by idealogies and culture will be the bonding elements, Just like the europeans.

Many landlocked countries in western europe but because they are democratic nation's and share the same values... None of them uses it as a weapon of control.

It's only china that uses water as weapons, the changzi river can't really get the spelling.. that runs from the himalayas down to southern nation's such as cambodia, vietnam etc. They building damns all over it...

A united south despite cultural differences can be formidable force, because what is common is more than what differentiates us.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by tradepunter: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Daveconsult007:

If you're from South South,
Encourage your friends and people to stop the online igbo bashing.

I having been screaming thus for years

It does not help our when we fight ibos
Because no Igbo business people will use any port in our region if keep all these necessary banters.

Boss am a southerner, I beleive the ibo bashing begins and ends here....

Let's face facts how many tribal wars have you recorded between ibos and major south south tribes.... Or even ibos and yorubas.

Offline our elders know the south is been supressed, thus the reason why ethnic tension can never rise.

Don't let the online BMC miscreants distort your mind.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Omanambala:

IDENNAA aka Omanambala.

You don't need to do all what you're doing. You're hurting yourself. When you pick an argument against two people, you can not be happy. Only if you're comfortable in being unhappy, by causing confusion, then do continue.

But this isn't a life to be happy about. Who knows the arguement you try to pique against two people on the forum, may be happening in your relationships with people.

So, to be happy dear, learn to have the light of love on your heart, and be happy to see people grow and be glad.

I do hope you get the point. But if you are happy doing so, or it gives you pleasure, then you can continue. I wouldn't condemn your act, as far you love it.

Have a nice day.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Benitoh: 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
They want to rope IGBOS in again?
Make dem allow IGBOS rest naaaa

God bwes you my person
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
SisterFire:
...fear of the unknown and jealousy

Jealousy in what way?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Benitoh: 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
BKayy:
All I can contribute to this thread is that I will never partake in substituting a monkey for a baboon.
Until our own port is fully functional at Onitsha (even if it means creating a canal from Atlantic ocean to facilitate the process), I can never partake in putting my eggs in Wike or any Igbo or Anambra haters basket until they sort themselves out

Ibom port should speed up and start working abeg

As igbos we should work towards having our own port. Forget about who will pretend to like you only to take advantage of your naivety.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Thisis2raw(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Stop insulting him..
but he can insult my tribe right?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

Lol so which canal go serve those rivers??

Won't it still be ibom or rivers state?

The truth of the matter is east is a landlocked, so synergy is needed between every state in that region.

After all a port in the south serving goods going east will spring up serious development for all states there.

Your wrong, if you were talking to the capacity of the water body to carry loads, I would have understood, but canal, are you serious?

All water bodies are internationally own, only a specific range or mile of water body is for a country, but the rest is for no one.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tranquill:

Wike never said he is from Benin. Wike said Ikwerre historically trace their origin to Benin but has evolved their own identity as an ethnic group which is clearly recognized by the Nigerian constitution and beyond. Some bigoted, desperate, shameless, despicable and shallow minded people that feel they must force themselves on Ikwerre and others, fabricate stories here and there and they are the same people that try to turn every thread on nairaland to a platform to insult, disparage or demonize Ikwerre people. They are pained that Ikwerre is not giving them the attention they've been craving. I even read one clown up there saying Ikwerre don't want to identify with them because of jealousy. Jealousy for what?! This is how idiot.ic and stupid they are. Jealousy, saboteurs, betrayal, lazy, cowards etc these are the only words they know even though they have no clue of their true meanings.

Now, how did this thread become about Ikwerre? The news never mentioned Ikwerre anywhere not even Wike. Every person that is able to graduate secondary school knows that ports are managed by the federal government so it should not even be about Rivers State.

Flies can only perch on a slice of cake but they can not move it from where it is.

Your so bitter, why is that so? You need to have the love of light in your life. Bitterness has never been a good medicine for anyone, even Hitler or the Devil himself.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Daveconsult007:

That's why I tell our people to stand down when some people in Niger delta starts Mocking ibos, it's not strategic or profitable

You're really wise. If I didn't know better I would have sworn your an Igbo person using this moniker.

You really know the economci sustainable relationship.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by InoGetJoy: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

You don't force someone into what he/she doesn't want okay, Wike have always said that he is Benin but Amaechi will not accept that, both of them are ikwerre. That ikwerre man speaks more of igbo and understand Igbo is not a basis to decide for them.
I'm not trying to decide for them, it's actually none of my business but it's weird, don't you think so? Also, during important festivities in my community in Nkwerre in Imo State we always have emissaries from Ikwerre and I was told a lot of of Ikwerre people emigrated from my area during the war
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thisis2raw:

Which tribe?
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tranquill:

C'mon shut it.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by BKayy: 4:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
Benitoh:

As igbos we should work towards having our own port. Forget about who will pretend to like you only to take advantage of your naivety.
You are right.
And please it is "Ndigbo" not "Igbos"
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Ekealterego: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thisis2raw:
The original moniker you quoted (Omanambala) and this guy quoting you now (Maleszenawi) is one and the same person. He is trying to force fake hateful dialogues to deceive people to fight against each other.
Don't mind him.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
Queenslander:
[/b]
You should have your brains fumigated!!

I said what I said and if you're not cool with it, then I don't know what to tell you.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
ThickSharon123:

You're really wise. If I didn't know better I would have sworn your an Igbo person using this moniker.

You really know the economci sustainable relationship.

thank you.

Well it will interest you to know that my grandmother is from Aro Chukwu who married a Yakurr man from cross river (my grandpa).

I also have igbo blood just like many people in cross river and we're proud to fluant it

Growing up in the Anglophone Cameroon and traveling across west and Central Africa opened up my view to many things

I see things from bigger angle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

I appreciate your concern but there are igbos outside of the 5 South East states; oh yes! Oyigbo, Ahoada are igbos, also in Delta state Okonjo Iwela's ppl are igbos with everything igbos are known for. My position is that no one should be coarse into being an Igbo, thank you.

You're contradicting yourself really.

Just because a tribe or group of people do everything that igbos are known for doesnt qualify them to be one, otherwise don't castigate those foisting an identity on the ikwerre people.

My statement still remains that anyone or group of persons outside the 5 eastern states isn't igbo irrespective of whether or not they act like or share similar cultures with the igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

The river nile runs through 6 african countries..... But you will need a visa to enter each sovereign territory.

Rivers are smaller water bodies, just because it empty itself into a sea or ocean doesn't mean nation's won't have sovereign control over territorial waters.

It's for this reason I am using a united front where by idealogies and culture will be the bonding elements, Just like the europeans.

Many landlocked countries in western europe but because they are democratic nation's and share the same values... None of them uses it as a weapon of control.

It's only china that uses water as weapons, the changzi river can't really get the spelling.. that runs from the himalayas down to southern nation's such as cambodia, vietnam etc. They building damns all over it...

A united south despite cultural differences can be formidable force, because what is common is more than what differentiates us.

We're still saying same thing.

No sovereign state is denied access to the Nile.

The truth is that if ibos secede from Nigeria , they will become a sovereign state enjoying previleges accorded to states and lots of bilateral and multi lateral agreements will be signed covering several areas including ports and water ways

As for using Visas, definitely they will be part of Ecowas which will give them member status covering movement of goods and services.

As for their rivers, i have seen the Niger at Onitsha, its not small. And same goes for the one which seperate rivers and akwa Ibom.
With money and technology you can do anything you want.

I'm glad you talked about united south but the truth is that I don't see anything happening in the south south especially concerning Nigeria's future.
There's literally no synergy among ethnic groups and such gives me worries.

If poo hits the fan, believe every group will embark on their respective survival.

This is major reason I want people from my group and state to keep it cool with ibos because as things stands in Nigeria.... It's very scary especially for Lil minority group like mine
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
theForth:

You're contradicting yourself really.

Just because a tribe or group of people do everything that igbos are known for doesnt qualify them to be one, otherwise don't castigate those foisting an identity on the ikwerre people.

My statement still remains that anyone or group of persons outside the 5 eastern states isn't igbo irrespective of whether or not they act like or share similar cultures with the igbo people.

Tribes have been in existence before state creation in Nigeria, using South East states to decide who is Igbo or not is inappropriate. Most ppl who are not in the 5 South East states here will be bold to tell you that they are igbos. If i may ask you, how do you know a tribe? Culture and tradition is the primary basis of every tribe and not state.

Go to kwara state and Kogi state and tell some people that they are not Yorubas and you will understand that state is not the basis for tribe. I still maintained that no one should be forced into a tribe by any means, let everyone decide on their own, thank you.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

Tribes have been in existence before state creation in Nigeria, using South East states to decide who is Igbo or not is inappropriate. Most ppl who are not in the 5 South East states here will be bold to tell you that they are igbos. If i may ask you, how do you know a tribe? Culture and tradition is the primary basis of every tribe and not state.

Go to kwara state and Kogi state and tell some people that they are not Yorubas and you will understand that state is not the basis for tribe. I still maintained that no one should be forced into a tribe by any means, let everyone decide on their own, thank you.

Are ikwerre igbos?
According to you the basis for a tribe is culture, and if they are not why?

Note, I am not talking about their right to choose or not.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
InoGetJoy:

I'm not trying to decide for them, it's actually none of my business but it's weird, don't you think so? Also, during important festivities in my community in Nkwerre in Imo State we always have emissaries from Ikwerre and I was told a lot of of Ikwerre people emigrated from my area during the war

I won't say much about Ikwere but my foster mom is ikwere, the husband is a chief at Rumomasi/Market junction PHC. ikweres shares a lot in common with Igbos but because of oil and its gains, they somewhat tend to alianate themselves from Igbo least the gains of oil will be reduced. I still maintained that everyone be allowed to choose the tribe he/she is, no coarsion at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Driver Crashes Into Electric Pole Along Ebeano Tunnel In Enugu / Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Railway Station Under Construction / Accident Involving 2 Trailers, SUV And Buses At Jibowu, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.