Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,308 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG (23653 Views)

Ondo Multipurpose Deep Seaport Project To Cost $1 Billion / Jet Fuel Now ₦670 Per Litre From ₦170 - Airline Operators Cry Out / Emirates Cancels All Flights To Nigeria In Retaliation To FG Once A Week Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Maobichek: 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
theForth:

Are ikwerre igbos?
According to you the basis for a tribe is culture, and if they are not why?

Note, I am not talking about their right to choose or not.

My opinion have always been to allow ppl choose and not forcing them into a tribe. To your question: Wike said that he is not Igbo while Amaechi has always maintained that he is Igbo, both of them are ikwere, just let their choices be ok, thank you.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by ThickSharon123(f): 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Daveconsult007:

thank you.

Well it will interest you to know that my grandmother is from Aro Chukwu who married a Yakurr man from cross river (my grandpa).

I also have igbo blood just like many people in cross river and we're proud to fluant it

Growing up in the Anglophone Cameroon and traveling across west and Central Africa opened up my view to many things

I see things from bigger angle

You're great my love. I see it in the way you converse.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
tradepunter:

Boss am a southerner, I beleive the ibo bashing begins and ends here....

Let's face facts [b]how many tribal wars have you recorded between ibos and major south south tribes.... [/b]Or even ibos and yorubas.

Offline our elders know the south is been supressed, thus the reason why ethnic tension can never rise.

Don't let the online BMC miscreants distort your mind.

Such don't think ibos are the tribal war & conquest type of people.

If they were, they would have run over small ethnic groups around them, like mine to expand their territory
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Tranquill: 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maobichek:

I won't say much about Ikwere but my foster mom is ikwere, the husband is a chief at Rumomasi/Market junction PHC. ikweres shares a lot in common with Igbos but[b] because of oil and its gains,[/b] they somewhat tend to alianate themselves from Igbo least the gains of oil will be reduced. I still maintained that everyone be allowed to choose the tribe he/she is, no coarsion at all.

The bolded is pure fallacy and it is in the realm of the pure lies and fabrications that you Igbo keep peddling that Ikwerre people started adding 'R' to their names after the war. Do Ikwerre people control oil? In 1957 (before independence) when Ikwerre represented at the Wilinks commission of enquiry for the minorities, who knew about oil? Since your foster mom is Ikwerre and her husband a Chief in Rumuomasi, you should then be in a better position to get first hand information instead of propagating falsehood and sustaining lies being spread by charlatans and buffoons. Ask your foster mum and the husband to educate you about Rumuomasi Declaration by Ikwerre people in 1965 (2 years before the war).
No one cares about the gains of oil or no oil. Let people tell you who they are and not the other way round.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Daveconsult007: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
ThickSharon123:

You're great my love. I see it in the way you converse.

Thank you dear.

My father was very close to his maternal Aro roots.
A maternal uncle mentored him in business back in portharcourth back in 1950s after the 1961 Cameroon plebiscite. They both relocated to Cameroon.

My dad settled their and married Ambazonian (my mum)

Many of our people here are very close to Igbos and we see them as our own people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by MoneyMustBMade(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
My goods have being held since April under this current government... Many igbo importers license held in ph with no reasons and demanding them to pay very high amount before getting thier license, but the news no tell the truth rather blaming unnecessary issues. Why won't they go to lag were the government will not harm them

1 Like

Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by sulaak(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
obynzo:

I agree igbo politicians are messing up, but you cannot do that without FG approval. Do you know how many times the appeal was made to dredge river Niger and suspiciously it was stopped. The same Buhari awarded the contract for dredging the Niger up to Baro, but in some interesting circumstance he stopped. Again Igbos were migrating to SW before independence, but those that migrated were few businessmen and more of civil servants, but after the war everyone wanted to move to Lagos because of the stiffling of the region. Also i don't know how old you are but the Imo airport was financed entirely from donations from igbos right from Mbakwe's era.

Hopefully, Buhari is a one-off, the SE need more leaders like Mbakwe, I grew up in the 80s and spend some time in Owerri.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Queenslander(f): 12:33am On Nov 24, 2021
theForth:

I said what I said and if you're not cool with it, then I don't know what to tell you.

My dear, like I said earlier,. It's all in your head.
Re: Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG by Echoban: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Anambra is arguably the most important state in Nigeria. Even FG knows Anambra will retire Lagos if a standard Seaport is built in the state. This is why they are scared of building one in the state, and are frustrating every plane to commence full commercial flight operation at Anambra International Cargo and Passenger Airport....

This empty headed Chinedu and co sons self

Always crying victimization. Did GEJ whom u love also hate u people that he couldn't give u guys the Seaport ni?? Na PMB ur nightmare is even the one building 2nd Niger bridge for u.. Very ungrateful set of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri Railway Station Under Construction / Accident Involving 2 Trailers, SUV And Buses At Jibowu, Lagos / Nigeria Exempts American Citizens From Paying Biometric Service Charges For VISA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.