Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? (14125 Views)

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / Why We Choose OJEZ To Manage Railway Guest House – MD, Nigeria Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by InvertedHammer: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:
I just can't sleep. It's been like this for a while now.
Had to create this account to post this.

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
Too many things to be done.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

/
100% dedicated to wedding preparations.

0% dedicated to marriage preparation.

By this time next year, you will still come back with lamentations especially this one that parents are the decision-makers in the marriage.

/
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
GogetterMD:

Be careful though, because this strategy might end in tears sometimes

It will...I just had firsthand experience. Bros see what to do..live your life like any other day you use to...if you can't remember things quick..have a paper to draft what you set to achieve for the day, any other things that comes up...shelf it. At a point I off my father-in-law sef, when he was making unnecessary calls. I sent a signal o.

Baba lowkey wedding no dey again...especially with all these pentecostal families wey momsi and popsi belong to several groups...

The pressure will be there but don't think about it...tell yourself, anyone I fit do, I do am..others till further notice...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

Yours is better, your family members adhere to your instructions.

We printed just 50 cards, but my mum in particular has invited everybody she knows verbally.
Just few people, they keep inviting.

The church on the other hand is something else. They've told us what we should buy for the church. It's very expensive. Every side is just choking.

I did 100 cards...quarrel no be here o...they wan turn am to crusade...people wey I no sabi sef go dey announce for radio...anybody wey talk much off...I dey tell you...baba I off plenty people o...

So long as ring enter hand...I don marry be that.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Stallione(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share.. Mine is coming up few weeks from now too. Just develop a deef ears, get tough and do ur thing the way u want it
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Stallione(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share.. Mine is coming up few weeks from now too. Just develop a deef ears, get tough and do ur thing the way u want it

Mine is coming up few weeks as well. Just develop deef ears, get tough to those mounting pressure on u since they cnt assist financially and do ur thing the way u want it to be. Thats the only remedy.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ATMC(f): 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

In my case, we prayed a simple prayer that God should help us...
Our wedding became talk of town
We never borrowed
Our vendors offered their best

I think you should ask for God's grace...it has a way of fixing things.

As for the stress, it's usually there in different degrees but then you need to manage it well, if not you will look very funny on your day.

May it be a success.
Best regard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by deavicky(m): 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

relax don't mind them.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Ezedon(m): 6:51am On Nov 25, 2021
DearfatherNGR:
Since yesterday I've been begging nairalanders to help me with anything for food, as I've not been paid two months salary where I work, I didn't see any help. I'm hungry and depressed and I can commit suicide, nobody to help me, please for Goodness sake help me with anything for food... 60 22 67 72 17,
Keystone bank.
But you have data
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by eddynaira125: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Secret no one will tell you about marriage preparation in this harsh economy situation.

Once you are about to get married, make sure you start preparation 6-8months before d date, one month to the date you likely to be relaxing, people might even ask u if you have postpone the date because no worry/ pressure will b there

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by suffering: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2021
My brother told me if all the expenses are handled months before, no form of jitter will come your way. Nigerians face marriage jitters because they try to run everything at the last minute.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by anthonyuncle(m): 9:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
bbride484:
some of my cousins are helping in this aspect though. Just that the bill they come up with, is high.

scrutinize it to suit your budget

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Independence Day Quotes / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.