Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? (14150 Views)

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / Why We Choose OJEZ To Manage Railway Guest House – MD, Nigeria Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by illicit(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Single and searching
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Newyorkitis(m): 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
Delegate and follow up.
Plus don't be tempted to give your invitation card to your ex.... That is more stressful!
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by nonut: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
DearfatherNGR:
Since yesterday I've been begging nairalanders to help me with anything for food, as I've not been paid two months salary where I work, I didn't see any help. I'm hungry and depressed and I can commit suicide, nobody to help me, please for Goodness sake help me with anything for food... 60 22 67 72 17,
Keystone bank.
Go and work.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Graciousnaija: 3:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
1. Focus on the major - venue, food, drink, mobility, etc.
2. If you are man, don't get involved with aso ebi
3. Engage a caterer and a delegate someone to monitor
4. Don't be dragged into non-essentials - distracting family demands
5. Share some responsibilities with your partner
6. Rest, rest and rest as much as you can
7. Pray to God for a hitch-free wedding

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by tmtech: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
I can relate..

E no easy..

Try as much as possible to delagate duties to your trusted friends and siblings.

Very importantly, make a list of what you want and let it fit in to your budget.
If your parents are inviting people, make sure they are ready to cater for them.
Try to samples as many vendors as possible to get the best price .
relax your mind as much as you can.

run things by your man , especially if it involve money that he needs to pay.

Find time to breath...

God will bless your wedding and family .
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by missuzoma: 3:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Relax! Those ceremonies are over- rated. If I were to do it again, I'll sleep and snore and not lose a moment's peace. The important thing is to live happily ever after.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Amudeneogu: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
My friend, you can't go thief because you are marring, discuse with your partiner and do according to your pokect

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by xynerise: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Jesus! The pressure was..... embarassed
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by lexy2014: 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

Yours is better, your family members adhere to your instructions.

We printed just 50 cards, but my mum in particular has invited everybody she knows verbally.
Just few people, they keep inviting.

The church on the other hand is something else. They've told us what we should buy for the church. It's very expensive. Every side is just choking.

Supposing Dem beg una say leave church wedding, una go say lie lie
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by sukar886: 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Don't you have friends? form a committee to help out @least 20 men committee or don't you go people occasion, like wise me, I have wedding on December , am facing the same problem too, I want it low but with what am seeing now, the crowd will be much, I have no option than to form committee to help out, cos I can't do it alone
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ProphetofOdin: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
As someone said above delegate some duties to friends. Be assertive and stick to your plans and budget don't allow new ideas to slip you into debt.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by petite626: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

this comment above is the reason you are under undue and unnecessary pressure ...........

marraiges have become so simple and classy that nobody cares about anything as long as food is available

do what you can and leave the rest

my hubby said whatever we couldnt do before the wedding morning so be it he cant be angry or pressured on his most memorable day and that kept us all livey thru out.......

do ur best, seek understanding from both families and pray.

finish..................my candid advice.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by armyofone(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:
I just can't sleep. It's been like this for a while now.
Had to create this account to post this.

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
Too many things to be done.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

Stand your ground. Don't make anyone get you started on something you can't afford. Be firm!

Sit all those trying to force you to do it differently down and tell them you can't afford the kind of wedding style they want...especially your wife to be.

Ask them to contribute financially if they want a bigger wedding.

Speak your truth. Pretending all is well while feeling the crutch is what got Nigeria into wahala.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Graciousnaija: 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
1. Focus on the major - venue, food, drink, mobility, etc.
2. If you are man, don't get involved with aso ebi
3. Engage a caterer and a delegate someone to monitor
4. Don't be dragged into non-essentials - distracting family demands
5. Share some responsibilities with your partner
6. Rest, rest and rest as much as you can
7. Pray to God for a hitch-free wedding
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Kobicove(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Don't let anyone pressurise you into making expenses you did not plan for, especially expenses that are not an absolute necessity!

Good luck
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by scofieltm(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Mine wasn't really stressful, we prepared for 800 guests, our parents gave us all the support we needed, the church wasn't demanding, we made payments for all the things we needed (such as hall, clothing's, hotel bookings, food and decor, musician, DJ and many other things) months before the main day, we had no debt and less stress after the event...I think you should try as much to plan ahead and get the support of your spouse and parents...and if the financial stress is too much you can postpone it to make it easier for you... Its just a day or two event, don't kill yourself because of your wedding.

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by scofieltm(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Mine wasn't really stressful, we prepared for 800 guests, our parents gave us all the support we needed, the church wasn't demanding, we made payments for all the things we needed (such as hall, clothing's, hotel bookings, food and decor, musician, DJ and many other things) months before the main day, we had no debt and less stress after the event...I think you should try as much to plan ahead and get the support of your spouse and parents...and if the financial stress is too much you can postpone it to make it easier for you... Its just a day or two event, don't kill yourself because of your wedding.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by armyofone(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
otokx:
It is a terrible thing, had great friends who were ready to fight, when you settle this one, another one will come up, settle it another one will come up, ahn ahn. The Nigerian poor mentality is embedded inside the culture.

I tell you! It is like no other day exists!
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Myexdisturbs: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

Yours is better, your family members adhere to your instructions.

We printed just 50 cards, but my mum in particular has invited everybody she knows verbally.
Just few people, they keep inviting.

The church on the other hand is something else. They've told us what we should buy for the church. It's very expensive. Every side is just choking.
Must you use that church?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by 4Ije(f): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Hi I sent you a PM
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Shokoloko(f): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
I never even get girlfriend talk less of engagement before we talk about marriage preparations... But you see @shokoloko...that lady dey my eyes she's just my spec

lol, grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ImaIma1(f): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Take it easy so that you are not a stressed bride. Try to get your friend to help you with some things that don't need your presence.

In my case, my sisters were very helpful, they practically followed me everywhere and made it fun. Besides, they were helping subsidize expenses. One took care of the makeup artist, one paid for catering, while one cooked a special dish for the trad.

So it depends on your family and support. Stick to your budget. If your family wants some extra, let them pay for it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Kizyte(m): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Same here
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by colestephan86: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

First u should go strictly with what you have .
Don't borrow cos of your wedding if you do , you are n ttoible
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Hydronium(m): 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Allwell96: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
I'll advise: please don't borrow too much. Try as much as possible to do your size, I believe your wife's family won't take her away because you didn't give them a ceremony they expected.
Involve your good friends to help out as you prepare, but be ready to help them when their time comes also.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by OwaliZiz(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Native Doctors even threaten to spoil my uncle's marriage with if he didn't give them their share
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by TheGift: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
The best thing is for both of you to decide how you want it and stick to it as much as possible without being confrontational about it.

Have a detailed budget with items prioritized- separate between things that are nice to have and those that are necessary to have. Try as much as possible to stick to it.,

Let Her manage Her people, you manage yours.

After the wedding which will be over in a few hours, they will all leave you two to deal with whatever is left and the rest of your lives.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by adeniyi65(m): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
ChizzyBuna:
Op if you like spend 30 million USA American Dollars for your wedding.

That will not change the fact that your wife will not cheat

That is why I have baby mama
Because at the end of the day
Adam and Eve no do wedding
Mary and Joseph no do wedding
Moses and Miriam no do wedding
Abraham no do wedding
Mad oO!! grin grin
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Beegrace: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Truly.......... ain't common(fill the gap)
ChizzyBuna:
Op if you like spend 30 million USA American Dollars for your wedding.

That will not change the fact that your wife will not cheat

That is why I have baby mama
Because at the end of the day
Adam and Eve no do wedding
Mary and Joseph no do wedding
Moses and Miriam no do wedding
Abraham no do wedding
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by adeniyi65(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Really enjoyed every lines of all comments grin grin .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Independence Day Quotes / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.