Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? (14152 Views)

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / Why We Choose OJEZ To Manage Railway Guest House – MD, Nigeria Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Uyi168: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
ChizzyBuna:
Op if you like spend 30 million USA American Dollars for your wedding.

That will not change the fact that your wife will not cheat

That is why I have baby mama
Because at the end of the day
Adam and Eve no do wedding
Mary and Joseph no do wedding
Moses and Miriam no do wedding
Abraham no do wedding
God didn't marry.
Satan didn't marry.
even, Jesus sef, didn't evn have a gf let alone getting married.

maybe there is something they refused to tell us.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Nekky5(f): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
It is always less stressful to start on time. But since it is in a few weeks, just do the most important things. Do not allow the pressures of few hours to drain you before the main marriage. You do not do pass your pocket trying to please people. Weddings no dey finish. Congratulations in advance!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by poiZon: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
nonut:

Go and work.
u get work wey u no dey do again?
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by descarado: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
The time to start being THE REAL MAN is now.
Because they are coming after wedding.
If you can curb it now, 60% of your marital problem are already solved.
Congrats and happy married life to you and your wife

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Olayetan(m): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:
I just can't sleep. It's been like this for a while now.
Had to create this account to post this.

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
Too many things to be done.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

What pressure actually?

It's not that hard tho.

Just contract some out and do the ones within your reach...
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Sukkyy2010: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
You believe there's pressure but I can't sense the pressure because if there's serious pressure as you claim sharing stuff here will not even interest you.

You won't be the one sharing this here.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by seyz91(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
cheesy cheesy abi
ChizzyBuna:
Op if you like spend 30 million USA American Dollars for your wedding.

That will not change the fact that your wife will not cheat

That is why I have baby mama
Because at the end of the day
Adam and Eve no do wedding
Mary and Joseph no do wedding
Moses and Miriam no do wedding
Abraham no do wedding
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
just reach agreement with your woman and what you people agree is the final decision

my wife guardians were trying to complicate things, we were trying to take advantage of the covid-19 pandemic late last year and these people want me to postponed till this year so that I can invite many people, I have concluded with my woman only for them to be confusing her again, she get to a stage that she was agreeing we postponed it and I told her, we postponed this marriage and that will be the end of the relationship

these people are not even going to contribute much yet them go give me problem again? I spent 1m on dot because na Igbo girl, I wouldn't have spend up to that amount if my woman na Yoruba

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by KLand(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cut your coat according to your cloth.

Talk things over with your would be spouse.

Choose peace of mind over things that will later bring regrets.

Pray for help. It helps.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Taich(m): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

Brace up, people will disappoint you, you will feel overwhelmed sometimes but at the end you will be happy. Enjoy the process.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Assumptabeke(f): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cut your coat according to your material not your size.
Don't let anyone pressure you into debt, cos, they won't be there to offset the debt when the time comes.
Tell both parents that anyone that is bringing crowd to the wedding, should be ready to cater for those crowd.
BTW, it is not a must you wed in the church.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by codeME: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
my dear there is nothing like pressure, you are the one accepting the pressure. Anyone coming with this mentality that it is one time you will do it, just do what you will do, you will not do another one tomorrow or next year or where you budgeted to spend N5000 they are pressurizing you to spend N20,000 just tell them to bring money, you will see everybody withdrawing one after the other. Don't allow anyone to put you under pressure you are not prepared for. BE VERY STRICT! even with both parents, that is the truth if not you may discover at the end of the day you have spent far more than what you have and you will be looking for how to settle debt or run so deep into your life savings. Wedding is just a day, there are lots of things to do after that single day. God bless you and make the day a glorious one in Jesus name. amen.

And yes, some will definitely be angry,

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Gabbybush(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Note:
1. Your occasion must not be done to please people.
2. No be everybody dey eat for marriage, even if them eat them go still say them no eat.
3. Use the reminder on ur phone always.
4. Keep a trusted friend or sister close for emergency things that may pop up when you are not available to handle it.
5. Make a list of all the things that needs to be done. Ensure you look at that list everyday
6. Reminder is very important
7. Good luck
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by R0ckefeller: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Put God first and have money that's everything else go smoothly
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Sttk: 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
Take your time don’t let any woman rush you
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by profmicky: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
This post is directly pointing to me, my wedding is Nov 27th, right now I feel like disappearing because of the finance aspect of it, still expenses still not fully sorted!!!

bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Ajax1993: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Find a number of trustworthy friends and create different committees for different activities. It is mentally draining and tiring to think you can face the whole thing by yourself. Most of the time, pressure originally come from the planning, having to figure out several things all by yourself, not necessarily the financial burdens per say
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Buffalo2(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Don't worry, the day will come and go just like other days

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by InvertedHammer: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

/
You still have money to waste on a stupid church wedding?

Do court marriage and traditional marriage. Thereafter organize a little party for your family and friends.

/
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by mkoabiola: 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Yet to find d wife to be.

Until then....singlehood is a goal
Baby mama is a goal
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Marv650(m): 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
The general advice is DELEGATE SOMEONE.

But you can't delegate someone without monitoring their progress, it will always end in tears.

For me, I was working tirelessly until the morning of the wedding. Some friends helped, but you can't be too reliant on anyone.
I respectably ask friends if they can help with a certain task.
Have an exemplary and supportive brother. For me, I left so many things for my elder brother, he's 200% more organized than me, and he helped me greatly with most things.
Don't be lazy! Everything ends when the program starts on Saturday. Just beg your friends to help you out.
It's not always easy if you're not rich/super rich. But if you're hardworking, others will offer to help when they see you working.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Kayodeblaze(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Las las, You will be alright my dear friend. The cap i intend to wear for my Trad. no let size me due to overthinking then. But las las.. we survive am. Now see me now. Feeling fly anytime i remember. Just pray you have supportive friends and family.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by mikey2fin: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Bros, do not let it bother you so much, just continue with your low budget you have with your wife, mine is also coming up soon. I did not give any rooms to family or friends to tell what and how my wedding should be planned. wedding should be between you and your wife to be not anyone else. Listen to your pocket bro!!. You should've started way too early for your preparations so by now you should have gone far!
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ibizgirl(f): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
If it's not too late to make the decision have both traditional and church wedding same day. Traditional very early and church later. The eliminates the need to cook twice. It also eliminates traditional decor.

If you can't afford a caterer let your mum get women to cook, rent chaffing dishes and setup like a professional caterer, cousin's/friends to help serve guests.

If you cant afford pet bottle drinks but bottle drinks and tell the supplier to come and serve and pick their bottles.

Make a 2 tier wedding cake. If you want it higher, tell your baker to use dummy for the other tiers.

Use vendors that are starting out and still trying to impress. Established vendors are more expensive.

If your church has a hall use the hall instead of renting another.

Think outside the box.

Last last calm down and tell yourself it is just a day event, it will come and go in a flash
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by freemanq(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
My dear the best thing is to start buying most important things on time, months before the time at cheaper rate and discuss with your wife your budget and be strict wit money. Dont allow any body to push you outside ur plans and budget. Get close friends to help put things in order
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Watinhapen(m): 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
I totally understand what you’re saying. Mine is coming up by mid Dec. The more you spend money, the more there are things you still need to spend money on. Thank God I have a supportive woman that’s making it a bit easy.

When people are saying you can manage money for wedding don’t believe it o. There are a lot of things you must do and can’t change their prices. For example, you must buy at least a bag of rice, you must buy meat, you must buy clothes for the traditional and the white wedding, you must buy shoes, the woman must do make up, and the list goes on and on.

Wedding preparations is not for the faint hearted. Na who don start am go fit describe am. The only thing giving us hope is that we must do the wedding that day successfully whether the devil likes it or not.

Just keep moving on.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Andywinnie(f): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Una don see. The big day belongs to your parents.

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Bishopino: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Bros.. nothing like low key wedding again: especially when you are marrying from a poor family.
Currently, prices of everything has tripled.
I just did mine 3 days ago. I don't stress myself on anything. Especially demands from my in-laws, or my wife. I only say ok and go on with what I know is good to do. Whenever I feel my stressed: I went home and open a bottle of wine or beer.
One thing I do say is: as long as I have chosen a date for the wedding... The wedding is done. And that is it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Mom007(f): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hire a no nonsense planner that can stand up to the parents and deliver what you want within your budget. Some of them are cheaper than you think and they take all the stress off your neck. Where are you? Contact me for recommendations if you are in the south west.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by egorov(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Sorry bro, we are in the same shoes, mine is few weeks away too. But the only difference is I am not puting myself under any pressure, another plus for me is that my fiance is very supportive and understanding, we do most things together. We were discussing today and in her words "babe don't worry, we will be fine". Guy, do what you're able to do and leave the rest to God. More importantly, pray.
Shalom
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by RosyIsBlessed: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just do as your power reach. Use family and friends for most things like cooking and decoration to cut cost. Find one correct cousin wey get body mount for gate, no invitation card no entry,except the ones you invite with mouth. Explain to family that you have limited resources, and they should be understanding with you, unless they want to bear the financial burden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Independence Day Quotes / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.