Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,700 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? (617 Views)

Ladies, What Are The Qualities You Want A Man To Have Before Dating Him? / Which one of these ladies would you consider for marriage? / 5 Qualities You Should Consider Minor In Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Haliraph(m): 10:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Marriage chancellors in the house, please shed more light.
Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by yuping(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2021
Haliraph:
The reason why am asking this question is because, i have a girlfriend who just enjoys sitting at home all day watching movies and sleeping even after completing her training as a stylist.
Though she's hoping to get back to school next year for her HND program.
My problem is, she doesn't show any effort of being supportive or industrious in anything.
Did you offer her anything and she reject?
If you are complaining without giving her anything then you are doing more damage than good.
What vacancy have you shown
What plug have you refer to her
Which business have you discuss with her
What empowerment have you given to her
Motivational quote they sweet when you are not in the shoes of the person receiving it.
#peace.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2021
yuping:

Did you offer her anything and she reject?
If you are complaining without giving her anything then you are doing more damage than good.
What vacancy have you shown
What plug have you refer to her
Which business have you discuss with her
What empowerment have you given to her
Motivational quote they sweet when you are not in the shoes of the person receiving it.
#peace.

Oga you sef na wa o...
So a full grown adult of marriageable age will sit down all day watching movies and rather than scold her for such nonsense you're asking all this questions...

She has learnt a trade, can't she look for a place and attach herself to?? Must everything be handed over to her on a platter because she's a she??

The work you're doing now, were you just sitting idle in the house and someone gave it to you??
Can't she go out there and look for a job by herself?? Is she not old enough to enter the streets and get her hands dirty?? If it was a man that was behaving like her, would you be asking all this questions?? Or is it because she's a she and not a he??

Mtttttcheeeeewww...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2021
Haliraph:
Marriage chancellors in the house, please shed more light.

For me eh ...
A girl with your girlfriend's character is a BIGGGGG NO!!!!! I can't be with a lazy person... Tuah!!!!! ((Spits angry))

There are 5 characters I look out for

She must be God fearing, not just a church goer...

She must be well charactered and disciplined...

She must be hardworking and resourceful...

She must be virteous and smart/intelligent... ((I can't stand a stupid woman))...

She must be submissive and teachable...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by yuping(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2021
Favfables1:

Oga you sef na wa o...
So a full grown adult of marriageable age will sit down all day watching movies and rather than scold her for such nonsense you're asking all this questions...

She has learnt a trade, can't she look for a place and attach herself to?? Must everything be handed over to her on a platter because she's a she??

The work you're doing now, were you just sitting idle in the house and someone gave it to you??
Can't she go out there and look for a job by herself?? Is she not old enough to enter the streets and get her hands dirty?? If it was a man that was behaving like her, would you be asking all this questions?? Or is it because she's a she and not a he??

Mtttttcheeeeewww...
We all fail to learn that everything is time she is waiting for admission (HND)
I still remember telling someone I hate sitting in office so quit, people call me names lazy etc but 3 years now the same people are calling me workaholic I don't come home bla boa
When I was looking for what suit me people see it as Idle I'm not the type that believe in make I dey manage this one first I have a plan I stick to it.
In Timaya voice (Na only plan A)
Parent nagging there kids to do something na him make some kid dey do tailoring now instead of being an engineer or lawyers etc delay is not denial.
Word of encouragement really goes a long way paddy mi, you see nagging, that thing dey kill people slowly.
Dreams comes slow but they go so far.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Angela62: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
So I've discussed alot with my husband the qualities he saw in me, before choosing to get married. And he always says that I give him peace of mind.

That I accepted him, submit to his leadership, and that he can just be himself. That I do not expect anything that is above his affordability, and no matter how little he has, I appreciate it. I think it's natural for a woman to act like this if she truly loves a man, and I love him, and actually the only man that I truly loved.

Having said that, it is important to say that my husband is the kind of man that embodies everything a man should be. Nothing scares him, he doesn't complain, he respect himself alot, and very organised. There was a time we heard gunshots, everyone was running, but he stood there, observing what was happening, to know the next thing to do, not just flee to any direction. I feel so safe with him.

He doesn't smoke, drink or womanise, and take good care of himself. He hardly gets angry at me, and if he does, I'll just be crying. We are more like siblings to strangers. Just that he is not religious and I am, and that saddens me. He just don't believe in God. He doesn't worry about me being religious, but I've told him that I will convert him one day.

So yes, women, make sure you find a man you love and give him peace, because it's difficult to be at peace with a man your heart does not accept. Men value peace so much. Also, have something going for yourself, it will make you be settled, and won't go with a man for his money mainly, but his personality.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Nonexisting: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Whether a woman works or not and whether she is well educated or not, it won't really matter at the long run. Go for a woman who knows what it means to be married and who is very much READY for that union. A lot of women marry just to answer Mrs and few years in, they start missing their hoeing stage and start misbehaving. I don't believe in marriage but if I later change my mind, it must be a girl whose father is still alive and she must be close to him. It takes a man to teach a woman how to handle another man.
Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
yuping:

We all fail to learn that everything is time she is waiting for admission (HND)
I still remember telling someone I hate sitting in office so quit, people call me names lazy etc but 3 years now the same people are calling me workaholic I don't come home bla boa
When I was looking for what suit me people see it as Idle I'm not the type that believe in make I dey manage this one first I have a plan I stick to it.
In Timaya voice (Na only plan A)
Parent nagging there kids to do something na him make some kid dey do tailoring now instead of being an engineer or lawyers etc delay is not denial.
Word of encouragement really goes a long way paddy mi, you see nagging, that thing dey kill people slowly.
Dreams comes slow but they go so far.

You're sooooo not getting the point chief....
Did you see the bolded?? It was YOU who refused to settle for less.... It was YOU who kept pushing.... It was YOU!!!!!!!!
You didn't just sit down idle and do nothing, you didn't like your current position so YOU made the effort.... It wasn't handed to you on a platter!!!!! YOU stepped out there and got it!!

You didn't sit down all day watching a movie, you kept pushing until you got it...why can't she do same?? Why're you not advicing her to do the same thing you did?? Why are you posing those questions to the man and not to her?? If she didn't have a man, wont she survive??

Honestly boss...
I'm so disappointed in your comment up there ...
If it was a man acting the way she's acting, I'm sure you'll post those questions to him, so why are you not posing it to her??
Are there not people out there who finds small thing to do pending when they're waiting for admission?? Atleast she has a trade, let her use it or better still learn new trades?!!

Yes encouragement will go a long way, buh not in this case... encouragement here will only embolden laziness!! What she needs is tough love... Hard spanking here and there... Waiting for admission doesn't necessarily means you should just seat down and be lazy....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by yuping(m): 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Favfables1:

You're sooooo not getting the point chief....
Did you see the bolded?? It was YOU who refused to settle for less.... It was YOU who kept pushing.... It was YOU!!!!!!!!
You didn't just sit down idle and do nothing, you didn't like your current position so YOU made the effort.... It wasn't handed to you on a platter!!!!! YOU stepped out there and got it!!

You didn't sit down all day watching a movie, you kept pushing until you got it...why can't she do same?? Why're you not advicing her to do the same thing you did?? Why are you posing those questions to the man and not to her?? If she didn't have a man, wont she survive??

Honestly boss...
I'm so disappointed in your comment up there ...
If it was a man acting the way she's acting, I'm sure you'll post those questions to him, so why are you not posing it to her??
Are there not people out there who finds small thing to do pending when they're waiting for admission?? Atleast she has a trade, let her use it or better still learn new trades?!!

Yes encouragement will go a long way, buh not in this case... encouragement here will only embolden laziness!! What she needs is tough love... Hard spanking here and there... Waiting for admission doesn't necessarily means you should just seat down and be lazy....
Ok
Re: What Are The Right Qualities You Consider In A Lady For Marriage? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angela62:
So I've discussed alot with my husband the qualities he saw in me, before choosing to get married. And he always says that I give him peace of mind.

That I accepted him, submit to his leadership, and that he can just be himself. That I do not expect anything that is above his affordability, and no matter how little he has, I appreciate it. I think it's natural for a woman to act like this if she truly loves a man, and I love him, and actually the only man that I truly loved.

Having said that, it is important to say that my husband is the kind of man that embodies everything a man should be. Nothing scares him, he doesn't complain, he respect himself alot, and very organised. There was a time we heard gunshots, everyone was running, but he stood there, observing what was happening, to know the next thing to do, not just flee to any direction. I feel so safe with him.

He doesn't smoke, drink or womanise, and take good care of himself. He hardly gets angry at me, and if he does, I'll just be crying. We are more like siblings to strangers. Just that he is not religious and I am, and that saddens me. He just don't believe in God. He doesn't worry about me being religious, but I've told him that I will convert him one day.

So yes, women, make sure you find a man you love and give him peace, because it's difficult to be at peace with a man your heart does not accept. Men value peace so much. Also, have something going for yourself, it will make you be settled, and won't go with a man for his money mainly, but his personality.

Wise words from a wise woman...

Did you guys see the bolded??
Acceptance...
Submission...
Contentment...
Peace giver...
Appreciative...
Industrious and hardworking...
Those are qualities that matters in the long run....not big yansh and big boobs, all those would far with time and then what'll be left??

May God help us choose well...

Tis well with you ma'am...
May your marriage be like wine, that gets sweeter as it age...
Weldone ma'am

(1) (Reply)

When Walking In The Public.... / Legit #2,200,000 December Airdrop / ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.