Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) (37946 Views)

FABSA UNN Students Celebrate Old School Day In Style (photos/video) / Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To / UNN Students Place Juju In Front Of Lecturers Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by lonelydora: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Allahismad:

Santa villa na where mama Ebuka dey stay na with that her egusi soup that has lumps of ground egusi as meat but the fufu na wire that time, you go finish 100 naira food that time and will remain in static equilibrium till further notice.

I swear
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by MichaelBlake40: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
Eni-Njoku diet cheesy grin
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Ocean09: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
I miss mama ebuka yam and beans
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by GerogeI(m): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
I schooled in UNN, but went on to study in other climes outside the blackman's sphere of epileptic influence.

And frankly, some of the things you guys are celebrating here are the things we should all be trying very hard to change for the better

1. Hostel accomdation: what UNN has are pigs stirs, not fit for human habitation. I close my nose tightly when passing any of the hostels, and would have closed my eyes as well if only I could walk without them. I spent only two nights in Eni-Njoku and ran away, even lost the hostel fees paid. Tried again the next year at Akpabio, but could not workout how to take my bath in such filth.
A school like UNN schould have well maintained hostels with even ensuite rooms. The hostel grounds should be well manicured lawns or gardens suitable for intellectual work. What we see inspires ingenuity, and matter a lot.

2. The food: about Four refectories that are totally dysfunctional, looking like abandoned train stations lost somewhere in rural India. Refectories should be privatised and run to international standards of hygiene. The building is there, just equipment and managers.

3. Studying every where except in the library, the actual building that was meant for studies. The so called biggest library building in West Africa is probably still wearing finishing paints with nothing inside. A library should boast of delectable study spaces, both private and public ones. Free computers and internet access, online libraries like Jastor etc should be a click away. An enticing outdoors to invite you to come and refreshes you every single time you take a break.

4. Cultisim: Some balmed slow pokes earlier. While I understand how the likes of Wole Soyinka and his age mates who went to University from many villages could misinterpret a call to fraternization and enlightenment as the next level and reincarnation of there village masquerade cults. Actually killing each other in veiled gangsterisim for stupid and imaginary trophies. I cannot understand why anybody born in the age of computers and internet, who has the opportunity to see what his mates from other parts of the world are doing, will subscribe to such disgusting lifestyle. Among reasonable people on the other side of the colour divide, Fraternities are actually things you display proudly in your CVs, not because of the pedigree, but because they are usually full of a history of charitable works, volunteering and fund raisers for worthy courses. (those guys are so lucky their Nobel laureates did not mistake fraternization as deadly grassland cults used for village warfare)

5.Utility water and Power. If a school with an Engineering faculty with the brains that built the Ogbunigwes, the brains that helped Boeing develop composites, MIT Aluminis, hideous characters that cast guns in school foundries,- can not overcome the little problem of generating it's own sufficient electric power and recycling water for its campus, it says so much about the kind of research work they are doing, or the fact that consecutive Vice Chancellors failed woefully in both vision and leadership.
There is a jet Engine still sitting un-dissected in UNN Mechanical Engr. Workshop. We always went round it to submit our workshop reports - shame. Or the fact the workshop still has those old lathes recovered from the civil war, no CNC machines, no laser cutters. Years later when I bought my first inverter welding machine, I discovered the times spent there were a waste as I could not even weld anything properly, and had to re- learn from an iron bender who never went to university.

Unproductive studying for regurgitation during exams is so much 1950s. Today's world require utilitarian education. You either have it or you don't. UNN is too back ward for the next century, this is not something to celebrate. And do not compare yourselves with other mediocre schools across the country, rather compare with the best to some day become one of the best.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by pweetyoge(f): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lol
I can so relate

From water scarcity at Eyo ita hall to okpara hall. Eating well at Chitis, lol

To GS building crowd during test, to Anukanka, God rest his soul. To Akionu disturbing us at female hostel like Akintola hall every night pursuing someone or saying one thing one thing. Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
Learnt the school is too FILTHY.
It clearly depicts Nigeria in its real form
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by yorubakid: 8:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

Which side for Odenigwe?
Ejima junction side

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by yorubakid: 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
During my years in UNN, I stayed in Akintola, it was a friend of mine that stayed in Eni-Njoku that introduced me to Santa Villa. Omo, immediately I finished my lectures, I will treack from my faculty to Santa Villa, to eat strong fufu that will last me for the whole day. Normally Upka Di Oku is usually a breakfast as a Lion
shocked shocked
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Mekanus(m): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
I can relate to all of them. UNN is one hell of a tough school.
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by SlayerForever: 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

Ejima junction side

Wow. Nice one.
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by mcbreeze: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
Na old student you be. nlst does not exist again

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
richmondefosa:
grin

This thread just brought back memories.

I did not attend UNN but i lectured there briefly in 2017.

I am tempted to think Abuja building disappearing network is a spiritual thing.

Chitis was the real place to eat fam. They had nice bread and those small cupcakes and pies. I relished every meal i ate there.

Nsukka taught me the different grades to Okpa. If you invite an Enugu or nsukka babe to your place, offer her okpa and she will bring out a knife from her bag. You will see she came prepared. grin Okpa and cold coke does it for me.

NSLT can be likened to 'Faculty' Car Park in Uniben during Night class.

I joined that Mama Ebuka's yam and beans queue i won't lie. cry

SUB. lol. grin

You should add ikenga hotels and golden valley to that weekend parties. Kenan lodge had small rooms.

I miss Nsukka so badly.
Abuja building has very thick concrete walls like bunkers that block cellular network.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by AtchenyAutos(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
Lol, I can relate to all. grin
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by AK481(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Mama ebuka yam beans
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Munzy14(m): 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
grin funny life in federal universities....

Somebody should come up with Unizik own let me check something.
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by DIEGOH1994: 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Number 4.
There was a day we were writing a 400L exam (Statistics student), all the invigilators went out of the hall, omo I brought out my phone to browse for an answer. I nearly smashed my phone. I switched to SIM 2 (airtel), reswitched to SIM 1. Omo, I cried. Nothing worked. Abuja building.. ���

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Elvis778(m): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
4, lol, that building surely has some network jamming system, 10...mennn, crowd is much, first years everywhere, na them sha get CBT, 12: lol, it's now GV and Asabana, Ikenga too

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Bojack(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
lonelydora:

Students' Union Building
Thanks cool
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Elvis778(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Bojack:
Till now i don't even know the meaning of SUB
Ah swear grin
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by vickydevoka(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
richmondefosa:

SUB is actually a building. They’re lots of shops around it too. There’s also a Fayrouz hangout zone there.

Mama Ebuka is behind Chitis. Around pharmacy area.
I don really forget unn. I easily forget things of the past. I'm focused with the present n de future
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by thewritingtodo(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
Chaiii Nsukkadrillus!! I miss that place....Peace Park, palma restaurant, One Stop shop, jives, Behind Flats, prisons, Franco, Fulton Avenue, Cartwright, Danfodio, Odenigwe, Hill Top, Beach, Mkpor junction, Okuta close, Eze-opi, Mary Slessor, Carver building, guyyyy...the list is endless.

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by axone(m): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Abeg who remember COACHILE back then, Alvan boys hafa?

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by axone(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2021
thewritingtodo:
Chaiii Nsukkadrillus!! I miss that place....Peace Park, palma restaurant, One Stop shop, jives, Behind Flats, prisons, Franco, Fulton Avenue, Cartwright, Danfodio, Odenigwe, Hill Top, Beach, Mkpor junction, Okuta close, Eze-opi, Mary Slessor, Carver building, guyyyy...the list is endless.
cheiii aswear

2 Likes

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Okeyson02: 9:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Yeah, that is my alma mater. UNN is the very best of bests.
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by JGirl20(f): 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
9. The queue for Mama Ebuka’s Yam and Beans.
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/long-queues.jpg[/img]

Mama Ebuka to the world!
Thank you guys for celebrating my mother. For all your kind words,I appreciate.

I dropped tears of joy reading your beautiful comments

She's definitely seeing this post cool

4 Likes

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by axone(m): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
under that Abuja building is the RAP of the Biafran weapons manufacturing department during the war. it was in that bunker that the chemical Engineering department of UNN was entombed after the war. That place is the reason why Nigeria outlawed the study of chemical Engineering in UNN forever

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by Chrischidera: 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
You can't complete this without making reference to Nwanyi Okpa at Eni-Njoku hall. Her Okpa saved many

1 Like

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by perdollar(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
Power failure especially just before and during exams
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by AbSolb: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
That Long queue from Bosso to GK in fut minna na die plus Mr Ibrahim wahala. I remember the man who control the queue and arrange student into the Macapolo advance the queue
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by sko(m): 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2021
I relate
SiggyNG:
Update from

University of Nigeria (UNN), commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded by Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1955 and formally opened on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four campuses – Nsukka, Enugu and Ituku-Ozalla – located in Enugu State and one in Aba, Abia State, Nigeria.

The University of Nigeria (UNN) was the first full-fledged indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria, modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five elite universities in the country. The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes. The university celebrated its 60tth anniversary on October 2020.

These are lists of UNN-related matters that only Students from the institution will relate to :

1. Fight of the fittest during water scarcity :
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/no_water.jpg[/img]

2. How lawn tennis court looks like at few weeks to exam :
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/prayer-e1466597732600.jpg[/img]

3. When a female student sees Akionu approaching her
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/athlete-running-e1466606148358.jpg[/img]

4. Your network, as soon as you step into Abuja building. Just rest your case
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/no-service.jpg[/img]

5. How you felt when you first heard “Lions and Lionesses!”
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/lion-roar-e1466488598261.jpg[/img]

6. When you were still eating at Chitis in 100 level and you didn’t know how far
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Child-eating.jpg[/img]

7. Your expression, whenever you hear “Okpa Di Oku” :
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/happy.jpg[/img]

8. When you go for night class at NSLT and you see people doing love instead of reading their books :
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/a-woman-taking-appetite-stimulants-with-water-1024x767.jpg?v=1637938282[/img]

9. The queue for Mama Ebuka’s Yam and Beans.
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/long-queues.jpg[/img]

10. How the Library look like during exam period
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/NIGERIA-CROWD1-660x330-1.jpg[/img]

11. Spending 4 years at UNN but you still don't know what SUB means
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/12859-gettyimagesfizkes-1024x535.jpg?v=1637938445[/img]

12. Parties every week at Kenan Lodge and Grace Manor
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/istockphoto-504710956-612x612-1.jpg[/img]

13. When they postpone GS and CEDR again
[img]https:///wp-content/uploads/2021/11/CryingMan.jpeg[/img]

UNN Students in the house, which of them can you relate to? grin

For other students, which school do you want me to recreate this for? Leave your comments below

https:///13-things-only-unn-students-will-relate-to-photo-illustrations/
Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by KillAlabi2021(m): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nnaemiemax:
cheesy

Tiiiiiidy!

That's mbanefo and Nkurumah reservoir

Guy ,You stay for mbanefo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 13 Things Only UNN Students Will Relate To (Photo Illustrations) by sirbrutus91: 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
I can relate am. Proud Super lioness. I graduated in 2013. I dont know if Santa Villa still exist in Franco.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Nigerian Graduates With First-Class From Canada University / Jamb & Post Utme List Of Cut Off Marks For Various Nigerian Universities And Pol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.