Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? (3219 Views)

Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? / Beating Your Wife : How Mr Sule Physically Abused His Wife To Death / Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by afemai: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
women and money! will you tell your wife how much you earn?
am told to declare half of what I earn and give her half of the
declared that the balance is what am using to ''marrying her'',
do you agree? pls advise.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by SistaSolja: 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2010
why r u trying to hide how much you earn? there shd be transparency in a marriage. u sound like someone that loves money.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Tsiya(m): 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
afemai:

women and money! will you tell your wife how much you earn?
am told to declare half of what I earn and give her half of the
declared that the balance is what am using to ''marrying her'',
do you agree? pls advise.

what kind of woman are you married to?
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by mamagee3(f): 2:46am On Jan 27, 2010
The wife should already know that before getting married to him.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by jumie(f): 8:34am On Jan 27, 2010
What you earn belongs to you both. Why hide such information from her. Na wa for some men o!!!
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by coolier(f): 8:38am On Jan 27, 2010
afemai:

women and money!

What has this got to do with women and money?
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2010
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Pampers: 10:18am On Jan 27, 2010
Its ideal.however,it depends on d kind of wife u have.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by afemai: 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2010
Tsiya:

what kind of woman are you married to?

You may Please give me options, analysing the kind
of woman am married to will take all day,
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by OEO: 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2010
I wl like to know if u are married?

But let me not deviate. I presumed yr wife shd even ask u, how much u are earning from yr job. Not only for her request but for other things like Savings for upcoming children, projects like personal house and finally for her to know where to come in, to help you or support you, whether financially or otherwise.

Pls my advice is, dont wait 4 her to ask. Tell her. I was saved so many stress becos my wife knew how much I earn, what the saving will be at the end of efry mnth for our own project and our 2children schl fees.

Pls dont make a mistake. Call her and plan together. That is the basis 4 u to know some things about her too, but if u hide and u r demanding submission and transparency, U wll meet wt waterloo, becos she wl refuse u even yr right as her husband.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 5:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
Yes, he should.
However, if he think that the woman is bad with money, she still have to know, but dont have to put all the money where she can access it.
Likewise, if the man is the one that is bad with money, the woman shd not let him have access to all the money.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by afemai: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
OEO:

I wl like to know if u are married?

But let me not deviate. I presumed yr wife shd even ask u, how much u are earning from yr job. Not only for her request but for other things like Savings for upcoming children, projects like personal house and finally for her to know where to come in, to help you or support you, whether financially or otherwise.

Pls my advice is, dont wait 4 her to ask. Tell her. I was saved so many stress becos my wife knew how much I earn, what the saving will be at the end of efry mnth for our own project and our 2children schl fees.

Pls dont make a mistake. Call her and plan together. That is the basis 4 u to know some things about her too, but if u hide and u r demanding submission and transparency, U wll meet wt waterloo, becos she wl refuse u even yr right as her husband.
THANKS FOR ADVISE, CHECK MY QUESTION TO DEDUCE IF AM MARRIED OR NOT.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Lacuzy: 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2010
@fhemmy

true talk
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
La cuzy:

@fhemmy

true talk

Thanks
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Nwaka77: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
@ Poster

No keep it a secret! Do you see why I said that most Naija marraiges are scams? If you don't trust someone and want to keep secrets, why marry them in the first place? A real man will not ask this question, only BOYS will! angry
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2010
Nwaka77:

@ Poster

No keep it a secret! Do you see why I said that most Naija marraiges are scams? If you don't trust someone and want to keep secrets, why marry them in the first place? A real man will not ask this question, only BOYS will! angry

Beautifully said.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
i am not married yet but my fiance' Knows how much i earn.

knowing is different from bringing it out of my pocket, if i dont want to spend i dont want to

she knows the plans ahead and hwo to spend the money so why hide it when women are gifted with natural ideas on how to spend money.

i repeat Knowing does not force it our of ur pocket
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
^^^ Great
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by sulad82i(m): 7:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
I'm not married yet but my experience with my girlfriend mada me realize that it save me lot of trouble she won't ask for what I can't afford
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
sulad82i:

I'm not married yet but my experience with my girlfriend mada me realize that it save me lot of trouble she won't ask for what I can't afford

When she knows what you make, saves you from a whole lot of trouble
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Pogistega(m): 12:40pm On Feb 07, 2010
There should be no secrets.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by afemai: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
Nwaka77:

@ Poster

Having seen your past posts as it relate to men issues and your prayer points , I concluded that you are a victim of a marriage turned soar hence your propensity to insult and disparage Naija men.
dont worry too much, am praying for you here too,
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by aieromon(m): 12:41am On Feb 13, 2010
Old school mentality not to tell your wife your salary earnings.Nowadays,women work as hard as men and contribute to the upkeep of the family.That's marriage.
However,most couples don't get to enjoy this because of the shaky foundation of their relationship.maybe they're in just to procreate children and satisfy their parents,i dunno.
I tell my girlfriend everything right from my pocket money,then to my take home pay,now.what do i have to lose?
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Amigoz(f): 5:09am On Feb 13, 2010
If he wishes yes. . . . .and vice versa. . . .

what works for one family, does not necessarily work for the other. . . . .

as long as bills are being paid . . . . undecided
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by vivaladiva(f): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2010
depends on the woman, some r worst than vultures, infact some vultures behave like them
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by oge4real(f): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
Sure, he should.
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by afemai: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2010
Amigoz:

If he wishes yes. . . . .and vice versa. . . .

what works for one family, does not necessarily work for the other. .  . . .

as long as bills are being paid . . . . undecided
Thank you for your objective post what is one man food
is another man's poison,
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2010
It is no big deal for the man to let the woman know
Re: Should A Man Tell His Wife How Much He Earns? by Tsiya(m): 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2010
Fhemmmy:

It is no big deal for the man to let the woman know

Not only a big deal, but that is what responsible marriage is all about.
I find it some how weird when my friends tell me their wives do not know how mcuh they earn. It saves you a lot of trouble if you are not making enough, and especially when you have a single source of income.
My spouse, not only knows how much I earn, but she manage the whole thing. She is very thrifty and so manage it far better than me. My folks no longer ask me for money, and they all tell her all their needs in advance. So that she plans and include everybodies needs within the limited budget. Alll I do is to make sure I open as much multiple sources of income as possible.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Fathers Day To All Nairaland Fathers / Breastfeeding In Public: My Experience In A Public Vehicle / Three Most Important Things To Know About Your Spouse Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.