Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,650 members, 7,955,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1144407 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lebete3000: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
makzeze:
i think is better you open Usd dom acct and withdraw dollar at the bank's counter and go to malams and sell it for 237 or 238.

Thought of that too but most of this yeye bank will claim they don't have dollars to give and will instead wanna change it to naira for someone.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by wunderkiind(m): 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sholatech(m): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
lebete3000:

Thought of that too but most of this yeye bank will claim they don't have dollars to give and will instead wanna change it to naira for someone.

If you can have diamond bank usd account,I can buy from you account to account. We do the transaction cashless
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lebete3000: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
sholatech:

If you can have diamond bank usd account,I can buy from you account to account. We do the transaction cashless

Hmmm..I have a gtbank account instead bro..but can you break down the buying to buying you talking about?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 7:18am On Jul 20, 2015
dollar now 239 in abuja. is it because of the holiday?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by IVORY2009(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2015
makzeze:
dollar now 239 in abuja. is it because of the holiday?

There is high demand 4 dollars, currently.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2015
IVORY2009:

There is high demand 4 dollars, currently.
i am planning to travel out to united states in early August, is it advisable to delay purchase of dollar till august or to buy it now? Cos I dont know if is still going up.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by IVORY2009(m): 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
makzeze:
i am planning to travel out to united states in early August, is it advisable to delay purchase of dollar till august or to buy it now? Cos I dont know if is still going up.

To me, you can buy now, becos most Nigeria's will be travelling out of the country for summer holidays, in otherwords, der will be a high request, by August for FX that is one, and also importers would be demanding for FX for their import biz, to me dis is the best time to buy, I bought @ as March for 222, I was equally thinking it will drop down, due to Buhari winning d presidential elections.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by passwelle: 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
lebete3000:
Hello guys...it seems I'm about to lose above 100k soon.

I exchanged money to dollars and sent abroad for something to buy, but due to some reasons I want the money to be sent back...it was exchanged from bkackmarket for 228naira last month...if the person sends back the dollars how will I ensure I don't lose a huge chunk of my money cos I heard CBN is still going for 198.9 despite the black market soaring around 245naira. I'm about opening a GTBank dollar account.

So what can I do to salvage this situation?
Do you still have this in USD? I can buy from you at a competitive rate. Check your email.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by passwelle: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
FetchUK:
Any exchanger on here dealing with Naira to British sterling?
You have got mail.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by jose556(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2015
how much is the dollar selling for currently?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by femmy2010(m): 7:55am On Jul 21, 2015
lebete3000:

I exchanged money to dollars and sent abroad for something to buy, but due to some reasons I want the money to be sent back...it was exchanged from bkackmarket for 228naira last month...if the person sends back the dollars how will I ensure I don't lose a huge chunk of my money cos I heard CBN is still going for 198.9 despite the black market soaring around 245naira. I'm about opening a GTBank dollar account.

Can buy it from you for N217 to dollar.
Your US contact simply pay cash into our account with Bank of America and we pay you the naira Equivalent here in Nigeria
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 8:02am On Jul 21, 2015
jose556:
how much is the dollar selling for currently?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lanre2009: 9:21am On Jul 21, 2015
I just called the Northerner that changes Forex for me, his rate as at today is:

1 USD = N240.00
1 Euro = N259.00

Anyone that's interested in patronizing him should PM me for his phone numbers, the Northerner is based in Lagos and the way i change forex with him is we meet at the bank and i only hand over the forex to him after he has paid the Naira equivalent into my bank account.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 10:25am On Jul 21, 2015
lebete3000:

Have the money sent back to you in dollars. Simple.

If you don't have a dom account open one, or have someone receive it for you via bank wire.

Don't do any stupid rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bhmng: 4:12am On Jul 22, 2015
Pls can someone kindly tell us what naira and pounds going for now??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 5:06am On Jul 22, 2015
coderXO:

Have the money sent back to you in dollars. Simple.

If you don't have a dom account open one, or have someone receive it for you via bank wire.

Don't do any stupid rate.
which one silly rate? or are referring to the official rate as 'silly'
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 22, 2015
makzeze:
which one silly rate? or are referring to the official rate as 'silly'

Guy wake up. ......If i may help you interpret.. ..This post is not referring to any official rate bla bla bla....but your imminent loss due to silly Dollar to Naira conversion if wired to you in Naira Account.

Have your cash in Dom/dollar account and withdraw hard currency. By so doing you hedge against any official conversion exchange loss.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ohana(m): 5:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
what is the current exchange rate of naira against dollars
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by beautybodyworks: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2015
@oktawian really?
how am I a scammer? u offeed 230$, someone offered better, u said give me number, and I did not.
Please stop crying wolf, where there is none. I have not asked anyone to send me their 1 penny,how much do u have that I would scam you? and exactly how would I do that without requesting a penny? jeez...and p.s...I am female! ughh.
Stop ruining people's reputation. People like you that claim to know are still the ones falling maga daily! mtscheww...#rantover!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by oktawian(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
beautybodyworks:
@oktawian really?
how am I a scammer? u offeed 230$, someone offered better, u said give me number, and I did not.
Please stop crying wolf, where there is none. I have not asked anyone to send me their 1 penny,how much do u have that I would scam you? and exactly how would I do that without requesting a penny? jeez...and p.s...I am female! ughh.
Stop ruining people's reputation. People like you that claim to know are still the ones falling maga daily! mtscheww...#rantover!

It's lesson for you that if you are contacting with someone for business purpose , you don't leave it like that. For me it was exactly like I wrote. I did not gave you any ! Rate for usd. It was you who gave upfront this 230 n ... And now , you claiming that there was someone who gave you better rate ... !
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FetchUK: 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
Would you mind updating with Pound sterling too?

Regards
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ayo0147(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2015
pls...how much is the exchange rate of naija currency to dollar?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 10:40am On Jul 24, 2015
ayo0147:

what is naija?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
ayo0147:

I heard last night that it was N243 per dollar for yesterday while same person said it was N380 per pounds sterling. I couldn't believe it though.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FetchUK: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2015
arbitrage:

I heard last night that it was N243 per dollar for yesterday while same person said it was N380 per pounds sterling. I couldn't believe it though.
Really serious!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Sonrexx: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2015
anyoe in port-hacourt who i can buy dollar from ranging from 1500-2000 please i will prefer 1 on 1 to know if i am good for the deal.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2015
Sonrexx:
anyoe in port-hacourt who i can buy dollar from ranging from 1500-2000 please i will prefer 1 on 1 to know if i am good for the deal.
at what rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Sonrexx: 9:23am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Sonrexx: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2015
do you really base in ph. i really prefer someone i can see as to be sure and safe
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JAZES(m): 9:41am On Jul 28, 2015
Sonrexx:

You want to buy dollar from someone @ 215.... shocked shocked, when it is selling @243?
You are a candidate for scam, watch your back my man
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Sonrexx:
do you really base in ph. i really prefer someone i can see as to be sure and safe
I am in PH, going back to Abuja Thursday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.