Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121582 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lanre2009: 4:16am On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=titi4fola post=38412108][/quote]

I guess you meant $1 - N228

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by venturecap: 4:27am On Sep 27, 2015
$31,500 for sale in the U.S. Need naira in my GTB acct. Pls see my signature for my email or post here.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sequencel(m): 6:47am On Sep 27, 2015
Anyone with USdollar in GTb/first bank for sale can contact me,your rate must be considerate .thanks 08098278740. Please note transaction should be among these branch airport road,Ilupeju,Mushin,yaba,isolo,idi oro,palmgroove or environ .
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by titi4fola(f): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2015
lanre2009:

I guess you meant $1 - N228
precisely, was actually wanted to know the Dollar and pounds rate at that moment.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by babalo1: 4:38am On Sep 28, 2015
i have $3900 interal transfer dollar i can sell at N225
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by sequencel(m): 5:13am On Sep 28, 2015
babalo1:
i have $3900 interal transfer dollar i can sell at N225
please can you accept 222 I paid today? Thank you 08098278740
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 5:33am On Sep 28, 2015
For informational purposes for the thread, has anyone withdrawn foreign currency CASH from any bank at all in the last 7 days?

Please state the circumstances.

Bank name,
Currency,
Funds source

Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by babalo1: 5:59am On Sep 28, 2015
sequencel:
sequencel:
will be fair considering the current exchange rate and the fact that i have to pay transfer fees
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 9:13am On Sep 28, 2015
Right now i am regretting the day i walked into GTbank and opened account with them.

Can you image? They are still insisting i can't withdraw in cash an inflow i received from Google into my dom account.

I even chatted with them on their bank website, they are all singing the same songs.

@Eyop, are you banking with GTbank as well?

Eyop:

Any inflow received in your Dom account can be withdrawn in Cash or can be transferred from Account A to B within the same Bank OR wire transferred out of the country completely. Wire transferring the funds received from Bank A to Bank B within Nigeria isn't achievable.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 10:38am On Sep 28, 2015
homebase:
Right now i am regretting the day i walked into GTbank and opened account with them.

Can you image? They are still insisting i can't withdraw in cash an inflow i received from Google into my dom account.

I even chatted with them on their bank website, they are all singing the same songs.

@Eyop, are you banking with GTbank as well?

I have a personal USD account with GTB and Immediately i saw your mention,I called my account officer but she wasn't on sit and i requested i speak with the next person in charge and the gentle man i spoke with confirms again that you can withdraw your inflow in CASH. So i don't know which branch is playing pranks with you but my suggestion is to go back to the bank and display little madness insisting you want to close your account with them.

By so doing,they will pay you immediately in Cash. Don't allow banks mess with you because if you owe them money,they won't allow you rest. Do this and revert back with an update.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2015
Eyop:

Don't allow banks mess with you because if you owe them money,they won't allow you rest. Do this and revert back with an update.

Sounds funny but truthfully speaking, banks can be ruthless! Is that not why a man hanged himself over 250,000 naira some days ago?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Babyileso(f): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Pls,what is zenith bank exchange rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by venturecap: 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hi House,

I have $31,500 (electronic) for sale at 227 from my Bank Of America account. Please see my contacts on my signature if interested.

Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Obynolee(f): 11:42am On Sep 30, 2015
Please any idea on UBA and Zenith bank charges?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Hehehehe1: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
any body with up to 10k dollars in uba. or zenith bank. pliz alert me ... am interested
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2015
@Eyop

I went there yesterday and met with a senior officer who also confirmed to me that it is a new
CBN policy. You can't withdraw inflow deposit in cash, you can only electronically transfer it.

But cash withdrawal is allow on counter if the cash was previously deposited via counter.

Anyway, i painfully sold part of the money to them via my internet banking
at teeth gnashing rate of N199/$1) lipsrsealed

Eyop:

I have a personal USD account with GTB and Immediately i saw your mention,I called my account officer but she wasn't on sit and i requested i speak with the next person in charge and the gentle man i spoke with confirms again that you can withdraw your inflow in CASH. So i don't know which branch is playing pranks with you but my suggestion is to go back to the bank and display little madness insisting you want to close your account with them.

By so doing,they will pay you immediately in Cash. Don't allow banks mess with you because if you owe them money,they won't allow you rest. Do this and revert back with an update.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2015
homebase:
@Eyop

I went there yesterday and met with a senior officer who also confirmed to me that it is a new
CBN policy. You can't withdraw inflow deposit in cash, you can only electronically transfer it.

But cash withdrawal is allow on counter if the cash was previously deposited via counter.

Anyway, i painfully sold part of the money to them via my internet banking
at teeth gnashing rate of N199/$1) lipsrsealed

Bro,i am not aware of this new CBN policy except this is only applicable to that GTB branch. You shouldn't have sold it to them except the USD wasn't much. I was @ access bank yesterday and a guy cashed USD over the counter and also wire transferred some funds too. Access bank is a neutral bank here and why is this CBN policy not affecting them? Well they succeeded in doing that to you but they can't try that with me.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2015
Eyop:

Bro,i am not aware of this new CBN policy except this is only applicable to that GTB branch. You shouldn't have sold it to them except the USD wasn't much. I was @ access bank yesterday and a guy cashed USD over the counter and also wire transferred some funds too. Access bank is a neutral bank here and why is this CBN policy not affecting them? Well they succeeded in doing that to you but they can't try that with me.

This seems to be an internal policy by GTBank. Take your USD elsewhere.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
Well if it is an internally policy too bad for them.

I will have to move all my money to somewhere else.

Also i think you are right there no such CBN policy because after reading
your comment i visited the CBN website and i could not find any publication
to this effect.

Eyop:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by hardeorlah: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
pls how much is 1$ as at today
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Hehehehe1: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
who has up to 12k worth of e-dollar for sale....and wats ur rate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by solid3(m): 7:00am On Oct 05, 2015
Pls which bank has the cheapest dollar rate when using ur visa or Mastercard when u paying in dollars?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by teejan: 7:20am On Oct 05, 2015
GTB Policy is ripping off and fleecing on cutomers,i still withdrew some USD over the counter @ Access Bank on friday.GTB na thief
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Punck4real(f): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
teejan:
GTB Policy is ripping off and fleecing on cutomers,i still withdrew some USD over the counter @ Access Bank on friday.GTB na thief
Pls what branch of access. because I know dey can only pay u in naira. Unless you are traveling den u do d necessary things before u can be given foreign currency.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by teejan: 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
Access bank Sango ota,withdrew from Dorm Acct
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ty207: 6:22pm On Oct 05, 2015
Got $1300 electronic dollar in my domiciliary account to sell.
rate $227
Accessbank plc to Acessbank plc only
call me asap if interested
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
Eyop:

Yo are right man,i do have a dom account with Gtbank and i can withdraw
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
Guys ,how long does it take to complete a bank wire transfer to USA ?

how can i do a bank wire transfer from Gtbank to a foreign account is USA?

How long does it take to transfer or fund from one dom account to another dom account

Anyone with full knowledge of this should reply me
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
bimppyola:
Guys ,how long does it take to complete a bank wire transfer to USA ?

how can i do a bank wire transfer from Gtbank to a foreign account is USA?

How long does it take to transfer or fund from one dom account to another dom account

Anyone with full knowledge of this should reply me

1. It takes few minutes to complete a bank wire transfer to USA whether you are doing it online via your internet banking portal or you are visiting the banking hall. The next part is left for the bank to initiate and transfer the request you submitted, which usually takes between 2 and 5 working days for the destination bank account to receive it.

2. You can submit a wire transfer request from your internet banking portal or by going to the banking hall to fill the wire transfer request form. You will need the details of the US bank account and beneficiary to complete this.

3. To transfer fund from one domiciliary account to another will depend on a specific type. If you are transferring from your dom account to another dom account in the same bank, it should be done within hours if not minutes, I think. But if you are transferring from your dom account in one bank to another dom account in another bank, this is usually treated the same way as foreign transfer, according to what I learnt from Access. Your transfer will arrive the destination bank as if it was coming from outside just like foreign fund does. It may actually not be so in route but the charges deducted from you will be the same as when you transfer abroad. So generally speaking, it takes between 2 and 5 working days. Usually, when you transfer from GTBank early today before 12 noon, your US bank account will receive it by close of business next day. Access and Union banks are just a little delayed than that.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by toluhere(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2015
arbitrage:

1. It takes few minutes to complete a bank wire transfer to USA whether you are doing it online via your internet banking portal or you are visiting the banking hall. The next part is left for the bank to initiate and transfer the request you submitted, which usually takes between 2 and 5 working days for the destination bank account to receive it.

2. You can submit a wire transfer request from your internet banking portal or by going to the banking hall to fill the wire transfer request form. You will need the details of the US bank account and beneficiary to complete this.

3. To transfer fund from one domiciliary account to another will depend on a specific type. If you are transferring from your dom account to another dom account in the same bank, it should be done within hours if not minutes, I think. But if you are transferring from your dom account in one bank to another dom account in another bank, this is usually treated the same way as foreign transfer, according to what I learnt from Access. Your transfer will arrive the destination bank as if it was coming from outside just like foreign fund does. It may actually not be so in route but the charges deducted from you will be the same as when you transfer abroad. So generally speaking, it takes between 2 and 5 working days. Usually, when you transfer from GTBank early today before 12 noon, your US bank account will receive it by close of business next day. Access and Union banks are just a little delayed than that.
This wire transfer thing, how much do they charge for a dollar? That is, what is their rate, is it the 197 CBN rate or black market rate of 220?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 6:56am On Oct 06, 2015
toluhere:

This wire transfer thing, how much do they charge for a dollar? That is, what is their rate, is it the 197 CBN rate or black market rate of 220?

@ Toluhere ,thankx man for the question,so how much do they charge??

@ Arbitrage,thankx for taking your time to explain how this works,i really appreciate .

As you have said in question no 3 tha transferring from one dom to another dom account of same bank can take few minutes/hours but if they are two different banks,it takes 2-5 days to do that.Can you tell me how am i suppose to do this if i want to buy USD from some one who will transfer from his own dom account to mine which are of different banks.So that he wont scam me ?

4)Can i login to my internet banking platform portal to fill and submit/transfer bank wire funds without having a token device or can i do it without the token device?

5)If i am suppose to go to the banking hall to make a bank wire trasnfer, is the charge same for bank wire transfer in the bank and me doing it by loging into my internet banking to do it myself

6) If i visit the bank and would i fill Form M
7) Can you give me more info about this Form M /Form A

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bimppyola: 7:12am On Oct 06, 2015
Eyop:

Correct guy,na correct craze fit do am.Bank dey fear me.E by lyk say dis guy dey go bank go dey smile with customer service......lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.