Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence (3908 Views)

Poll: do you support that it should get a death sentence

yes: 78% (60 votes)
no: 21% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

#Dasukigate: Party Members Facing Charges Should Carry Their Own Cross - PDP / Lets Stop "VIOLENCE/TERORISM" And Not "CORRUPTION" Should Be Our Watch-words / Corruption Should Attract Death Penalty –lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Osama10(m): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
kokoye:

I beg to disagree with the word "slowly"

Why?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
Osama10:

Why?

u dont grab?lol.he meant its speed is at the speed of light,nt slowly
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Osama10(m): 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^

Ok. grin
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
naijaking1:

So now the crime is that he was seen smiling on TV
Have you never heard of nervous laughter, people seem to be laughing as a way to deal with a very unpleasant situation?
I beg take the guy to court and try him properly, don't come to give us your beer-parlour talk.

is it because i said smiling,okay.let me give other examples,WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE LIKES OF TAFA BALOGUN,IBRU,IGBINEDION,DARIYE,FAYOSE,AKINGBOLA,ATUCHIE,N ODA BANK EXECUTIVES,IBORI,AND EVEN THEIR BABA,ALAMS AND BODE GEORGE(PARTIES?? smiley ).am just refreshin your memory if u av 4gotten,all am sayin is the punishment meted out to this ppl wasnt enough thats why its nt deterin odas,the punishment should be upped.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by sley4life(m): 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2011
@OP u should be sentenced also for throwing bomb @ us. Your grammar marvels me. I had to code myself to pick your words.
Back to the topic. They should be sent to jail or given a long term pains eg, Like cutting of one arm or some of their fingers used in looting. I bet, you corruption will be dead and buried in the country
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
mithel:

lol,i just start university o,but i used to think like that before (i want to be president) but i realised i would make too many strong changes in the system,and might end up being assasinated,so let me just do my medicine je je,and serve my nation by compoundin the illness or ailment of any bad politician that comes to my hospital.
cool nothing is impossible, you can change things and live if God wants you, we are almost the same though im a beginner,im attending a college(pharmacy courses) in which i will tranfer my credits to pharmacy university here.
the waY nigeria leaders do things it seems as if they are god,making dictatorship in this era! money laundering seems as if it is a culture! atimes i wonder why we nigerians is the worst in corruption(in the world). why? why? why?
are we cursed?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by md4real(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
I voted no simply because i do not advocate for death penalty even for a serial killer. More so, the method is been adopted in xchina and research had shown that corruption is still on the high side. So, how effective can it be here?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by efisher(m): 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
Since the world is moving away from death penalty, we can explore other options. For example, criminals can be made to pay every kobo stolen, ALL their personal assets seized by government and then sentence them to life imprisonment. But again, the case needs to be proven beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
sley4life:

@OP u should be sentenced also for throwing bomb @ us. Your grammar marvels me. I had to code myself to pick your words.
Back to the topic. They should be sent to jail or given a long term pains eg, Like cutting of one arm or some of their fingers used in looting. I bet, you corruption will be dead and buried in the country

sorry for the "bombs",they are just typos errors u av to contend with when using a mobile.its nt really easy checking what you have typed when using mobile.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
Wow,it made the front page already.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by TheRock2(m): 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
sley4life:

Back to the topic. They should be sent to jail or given a long term pains eg, Like cutting of one arm or some of their fingers used in looting. I bet, you  corruption will be dead and buried in the country

Abeggi go siddon somewhere! Mr Professor of English language. You got the op message isn't it?So, what is with that you attacking the OP's Grammer. angry 

@OP - Seconded. I 'm in full support of the death penalty for currupt leaders. This is the bain  of Nigeria's problem, if it can be curtailed, Nigeria will found it's footing among the comittee of Nation.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by member479760: 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
first thing we need to look into the case of selective justice then we can move on!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by andyanders: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
[b]Well, Death, that should have been the best option. Who will make the law? The same house where people like Bankole and his likes presided? The country is rotten and our leaders are nothing but selected pen robbers who, rob/steal, kill and practice occultism and wants power at all cost. How do you think that the successor of Bank-Ole can pass a law that will kill them? How do you think that David Mark will rise up to condemn corruption when they stink? How come those Governors who steal and run at the expiration of their term will allow their members who don’t steal to be elected?

In Nigeria, there is no democracy now. What we have are members of Educated Robbers who see public office as means of making it big. Tell me, from the local government area to the office of the Presidency where they come out poor or even average after serving their fatherland? No where and no person from head to toe. From A-Z.  For all politicians in Nigeria has sinned and come short of the glory of God and ONLY hell is waiting for them since Nigerians are none violent and our leaders can just take an advantage of us.
[/b]
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
andyanders:

[b]Well, Death, that should have been the best option. Who will make the law? The same house where people like Bankole and his likes preside? The country is rotten and our leaders are nothing but selected pen robbers who, rob/steal, kill and practice occultism and wants power at all cost. How do you think that the successor of Bank-Ole can pass a law that will kill them? How do you think that David Mark will rise up to condemn corruption when they stink? How come those Governors who steal and run at the expiration of their term will allow their members who don’t steal to be elected?

In Nigeria, there is no democracy now. What we have are members of Educated Robbers who see public office as means of making it big. Tell me, from the local government area to the office of the Presidency where they come out poor or even average after serving their fatherland? No where and no person from head to toe. From A-Z. For all politicians in Nigeria has sinned and come short of the glory of God and [size=18pt]ONLY hell is waiting for them [/size] since Nigerians are none violent and our leaders can just take an advantage of us.
[/b]
[center][size=18pt]AMEN[/size][/center]
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by MeGaStReEt: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
NO to this
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by manmustwac(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
Send them to prison but the conditions in the prison must be terrible and they must be treared as if they are in HELL with the prison wardens nicknamed the devils and the inmates made to stay in a cell in total darkness for 23 hours a day with no total facilities and regular torture for the next five to ten years or even possible death am sure our leaders will change eventually.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by TheRock2(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
I think a special concentration camp will do the magic  tongue tongue. Similar to the one Hitler created for the jews. It should  be called, Special concentration camp for currupt leaders.  cool cool cool
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by manmustwac(m): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
Toaskarity:

[center][size=18pt]AMEN[/size][/center]
If hell was real the fear of it would make our leaders non corruptible but since hell is imaginary they are not. In developed countries where people do not even believe in heaven or hell thier leaders are less corruptible than our very relgious ones.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by fxtopedia(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
Death penalty too much oooo
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by tsadiq(m): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
I m in full support of death penalty, cuz our leaders are so much afraid of death(from my point of view) a chairman or a governor in power cannot see his predecesor shot or hang death on corrupt charges and continue in corruption.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by alexola20(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by kabukabu(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
tsadiq:

I m in full support of death penalty, cuz our leaders are so much afraid of death(from my point of view) a chairman or a governor in power cannot see his predecesor shot or hang death on corrupt charges and continue in corruption.

Death penalty? Cmon nigeria is still trying to become a @nd world country and you are dragging us back to Stone Age grin

What you do is seize their assets,and prosecute to the full reach of the Law.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Ty207: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
I support dis 101%. Infact their kidney should be sold first 2 generate more income for d country. Shameless people.
If dis can be implement  nigeria wil be rank among top10 economy before 2015. Am sure!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
Jesus this, God that. Jeez, one would think Nigeria is Vatican City.

I disagree with death sence, but sometimes I just ask; What happened to pulling back the chair and letting the rope hang lose?
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
this is what i have been suggesting for the past 2 years. Any govt. official found guilty of gross corruption should be put to death together with his/her immediate family. I think that will get anyone thinking twice before giving out a 10Bn loan!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by mithel(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2011
engineerd:

this is what i have been suggesting for the past 2 years. Any govt. official found guilty of gross corruption should be put to death together with his/her immediate family. I think that will get anyone thinking twice before giving out a 10Bn loan!

haba,small small na.lol
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by PastorOla1: 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
All my support!!!!!!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by seyibrown(f): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Life imprisonment if guilty!
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 11, 2011
Gbam! I fully support the idea with all my being! If our leaders were sworn in by swearing(using heavy curses) in the name of Obatala, or Sango, or Amadioha, etc, they wouldn't dare steal anything. Not because anything would happen to them(I don't believe these gods exist), but because of fear. The God of the Abrahamic religions is too merciful, that's why it is easy to swear using the Koran or the Bible. Yep, steal and die. Nuff said.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Nobody: 4:56am On Jun 11, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Gbam! I fully support the idea with all my being! If our leaders were sworn in by swearing(using heavy curses) in the name of Obatala, or Sango, or Amadioha, etc, they wouldn't dare steal anything. Not because anything would happen to them(I don't believe these gods exist), but because of fear. The God of the Abrahamic religions is too merciful, that's why it is easy to swear using the Koran or the Bible. Yep, steal and die. Nuff said.
ha ha ha ha ha ha lol grin grin, this reminds me of one old movie(forgeting the name) but it might help some how cos they fear sango,amadioha,akirika etc than the real God! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by JAZES(m): 5:23am On Jun 11, 2011
Secounded
Corruption is the bane of this country and should be taken seriously.
It should carry death sentence.
Re: Corruption Should Carry Death Sentence by Kanto: 11:54am On Jun 11, 2011
Were armed robbers not being executed in nigeria? Are people not being burnt to death by mobs for stealing a loaf of bread in nigeria? If people who are actually victims of the system can be killed for petty crimes why should government executive robbers be spared? Are the government executive robbers who have looted everything and denied nigerians the opportunity to live a dignified life not worse than armed robbers?

Nigerians should think well, corruption deserves a death sentence because it is the greatest crime afflicting the nation and only death sentence can drastically reduce it to a manageable level.

I suspect that those who say corruption should not carry death sentence are afraid that they too will be killed. I understand that because over 95% of nigerians are criminals who will loot if they have the opportunity there is the fear of a death sentence that might reduce the population of nigeria to less than 10 million from 150 million. Well the only other possible solution is to legalise corruption so that every nigerian can steal legitimately.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SNG Sues GEJ &, Security Chiefs Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / Is This Owerri-onitsha Road? If So, Great! / Court Asked To Suspend Order On Oyinlola’s Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.