Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia (4056 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by seal777(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
Some people are just daft and senseless with their analysis about siasia because he is not a white man? IF osaze CANNOT APOLOGIZE, he should go to hell for all i care.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by BOYILO: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
siasia will fail woefully if he does nt stop fighting and making himself look like Abacha in the field.He should concentrate in qualifying us rather than punishing our best.He has made his point know to even non lovers of football.HE IS THE BOSS! and so?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by toptop: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
siasia will fall like a pack of card. And when he does so, nigerians will then blame him for banning osaze. Siasia is paid to win and win and win. He is not there to grow boys. He is there to work with men. I expected him to apply diplomacy . He should learn how to get bonded with this players. All these media hype about discipline will not help him.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Baro(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
A line of distinction should be drawn between enforcing discipline, and being vindictive. For me Siasia is doing the latter, and that is not a quality a good leader should possess. A leader should not operate on a do-me-i-do-you basis. Vindictiveness is often counter-productive, it eventually brings down the house (ask OBJ).

Yobo as the captain of the team is not even helping matters, instead of mediating, he is taking sides. Peace could have easily been brokered by him, but he seems to think that captain-ship is only about wearing arm-band for 90 minutes or more.

For those saying Osaze should re-apologizes, i bet you that will not change anything, (ask Lukman Haruna). reason is stated in first paragraph . . . .Siasia should be matured and cut short his ego trip, this is not about him or Osaze, it's about Nigeria.

It's a make or mar test for Siasia . . . .We are watching.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Reference(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
Haba, we know where indiscipline has brought us. We've known how many coaches and managers it has brought down. Indiscipline has been one of the two reasons for the gap in achievement between our senior and junior teams. We are very skilled but highly in-disciplined and at times grossly unprofessional. From the days of the Eagles mafioso till now. Can't report to camp on time, can't train, can't take matches seriously. What has Siasia injected into the team this short few months that has given us a ray of hope, nothing but a bit of stick and yet we don't want it. I don't expect everyone will tow the line, after all rules are made to be broken. We don't expect everyone to be disciplined and so we don't expect Siasia to succeed. But if he says he needs discipline to succeed just give it to him period. When Osaze's time is done and he hangs his boots for the suit and gum he can tolerate any kind of acts and antics in his team. But he should remember what goes around comes around. Just ask Keshi in the Adebayor debacle.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by nattyspice: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
Jay Jay okocha was given rousing welcome in ethiopia and was asked,where is osaze,He replied osaze has been suspended.The ethiopians told okocha no coach dares suspends a player of such status ,rather that coach should be suspended.siasia if you are reading this,NIGERIANS will not forgive you if we fail to qualify from our group ask your good friend keshi what happened to him when dropped adebayor from the national team of Togo
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by laj1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
if we should count the first 100 nigerians out of 150 million nigerians that love osaze,i will between 1 and 10.Osaze has laways been a player that is very dedicated,committed and patriotic when it comes to call up for national assignment.that fetched him the ait best player of the year  2009.But recently he had grown wings to become an idiot that cannot even bow to his irrespective of his wealth or 15 goals in epl.he should try to swallow his pride.Even if his coach is demanding for unjustified apology,why cant he just say a simple sorry.And could he leave the camp without informing the coach,that's indiscipline in the highest order.he should swallow his pride.

I will not be mad at siasia if we dont qualify for the nations cup.Discipline is the rule of football.No matter tight corner the super eagles may found themselves in qualifying for the ACN,this guy called osaze needs not be called upon.Let him publicly apologise or else let him forget playing for Nigeria.To hell with Osaze if he cannot apologize to the team mates,nff and the coaching crew even to all the fans.

Ki lo n gba gan self.We av a better substitution for him.Let him just retire from international football if he cant keep his ego in his shoe.

Infact i dey vex and i wan marra self.Bleep osaze,Bleep peter,Bleep odemwingie,

Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by TheRock2(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Siasia is trying to stamp his authority on the team , but the way he goes about it is wrong. Odemwingie  does need Nigeria, Nigeria needs him. especially at this critical moment in time when we are struggling to qualify from the group. Siasia's Ego is cashing cheques his body can't cash. By the time it will down on him, it might be too late.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by vislabraye(m): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
Osaze should do the simple thing, apologize, QED. Why can't he just be humble enuf?

Some people criticizing Siasia have no understanding. ANd its this same people who would scream that there's so much indiscipline in SE. The main offense was not just walking out of the team, it was was he said on twitter. As a professional, u don't expose your team to ridicule. For that reason the coach is right to ban him.

Don't 4get it is this same Osaze who criticized Shuaibu after he qualified us for the WC, and he also criticized Lagerback. People should look at history b4 speaking.

nattyspice:

Jay Jay okocha was given rousing welcome in ethiopia and was asked,where is osaze,He replied osaze has been suspended.The ethiopians told okocha no coach dares suspends a player of such status ,rather that coach should be suspended.siasia if you are reading this,NIGERIANS will not forgive you if we fail to qualify from our group ask your good friend keshi what happened to him when dropped adebayor from the national team of Togo

What do the Ethopians know about what happens to us ? Was Eric Cantona and David Ginola not suspended from the French squad ?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by phreakabit(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
No be by force to play for 9ja. If I am Osaze I would quit the team and focus on my career. Let Siasia wear jersey and play for SE by himself! Fu.c.king FagØt of a coach!
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by snowdrops(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
phreakabit:

No be by force to play for 9ja. If I am Osaze I would quit the team and focus on my career. Let Siasia wear jersey and play for SE by himself! Fu.c.king FagØt of a coach!
good point but no need to insult the coach
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
we should focus more on tradition than short term success. so what if we don't qualify? even if you are messi you must submit to authority. if we don't like it sack siasia. sadly this is a peculiarly african problem.
our focus should be on the long term

given the quality we have compared to other african nations we are not going to win anything anytime soon.

we certainly don't need a team that can't survive if one player is missing
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by adconline(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2011
Supporters of indiscipline are attacking Siasia.  Could he have done this in his club? NO. We must fight this  "mentality of indispensability" in our national team
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Concept(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
Bible says get wisdom, get understanding. Osaze is a good player no doubt about that. Here is my own opinion.

How will you view a colleague of yours walking out on the rest of you, including the chairman of the company in a board meeting? Definitely there should be consequence for such action. Thereafter, he was called to apologise to these same set of people but he preferred telling the other staff (colleagues & surbodinates) which as expected must have different opinions on the issue.

However, for genuine mutual cooperation and understanding to continue existing among the so called decision maker of the company, the said staff must do what is expected of him based on widely accepted policy; apologise. If he fails to do this and the chairman reinstate him because of his antecedent brilliance, there is high probability for disunity in the company and I am of the opinion that a tree cannot make a forest. The aftermath might be problematic than before.

Check out for Yekini and Amokachi's gang story for eagles. Baba Ye-king celebrated his only goal in 1994 world cup wild by almost eating the net. How many of his eagles mate celebrated with him? The guy that had painted whole of Africa with goals. Food for thought. The rest is history.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by mrofficial(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
Concept:

Bible says get wisdom, get understanding. Osaze is a good player no doubt about that. Here is my own opinion.

How will you view a colleague of yours walking out on the rest of you, including the chairman of the company in a board meeting? Definitely there should be consequence for such action. Thereafter, he was called to apologise to these same set of people but he preferred telling the other staff (colleagues & surbodinates) which as expected must have different opinions on the issue.

However, for genuine mutual cooperation and understanding to continue existing among the so called decision maker of the company, the said staff must do what is expected of him based on widely accepted policy; apologise. If he fails to do this and the chairman reinstate him because of his antecedent brilliance, there is high probability for disunity in the company and I am of the opinion that a tree cannot make a forest. The aftermath might be problematic than before.

Check out for Yekini and Amokachi's gang story for eagles. Baba Ye-king celebrated his only goal in 1994 world cup wild by almost eating the net. How many of his eagles mate celebrated with him? The guy that had painted whole of Africa with goals. Food for thought. The rest is history.

All this yeye comparisons, una no dey tire? Na Siasia employ Osazie? Person say bele dey pain am, you force am come meeting. What about that one?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Concept(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ Mr Official
mr.official:

All this yeye comparisons, una no dey tire? Na Siasia employ Osazie? Person say bele dey pain am, you force am come meeting. What about that one?

"Pele lako olabo" Assuming you are a Yoruba. If you leave a meeting and already observe procedural necessities "badamua" No problem but anything short of that is not acceptable, we call it indiscipline. Mind you after indiscipline comes discipline. Discipline is the key. It is better for Siasia to be sacked than not having his legitimate management rights over players. Whoever lacks fundamental rules of good conduct will not appreciate what Siasia is doing, at the long run, it will be better for the coach, the player in question and the team. Thanks for your observation that opens up more cracks to be fixed.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by oliidell(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
Landers pls wise up, dis has gone beyond Discipline and apologies. it is a case of who has the bigger ego, I osaze drops dead today, super eagles will stil remain, but rgt now he is in form and wants in, siasia shud reach a compromise, same tin hapnd btw Keshi and Adebayor,,,endnd point; Keshi lost his job. Seyi stil plays for Togo, Siasia shud apply wisdom abeg.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
right now it is apologise or sack siasia finish.
take one
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by mcgboye(m): 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
Didnt know I'd stil have to comment on this, but in light of posts after my comment, i'm forced to.
1. Let me correct a misconception: Nigeria can still qualify as group winners. Currently, we're 3 points behind Guinea to who we lost 1-0. If we beat Mauritius away(a big IF, i know), and Guinea at home by at least a 2-goal margin (which is VERY achievable), we will qualify as group winners on head-to-head at d very least. Of cos we can stil qualify on goals difference with a goal margin victory.
2. Again, some people seem to think (or at least their posts have that message) that as soon as osaze enters the pitch, we will qualify. Haba! Come to think of it, what will happen if he's reinstated and we stil end up not qualifying? Don't forget. He also had issues with Amodu and Lagerback. So it's unbecoming of him, his undoubted talent notwithstanding.
3. What do u think will happen if we manage to qualify? Osaze will beg for forgiveness! That's the plain truth. And then a bigger issue will now ensue: why should he play d Nations Cup at the expense of the players that were there all along? Then we'll stil have another thread here, with people taking sides.
4. Someone said Osaze wil be regretting playing for Nigeria. Really, is that a joke? Are u saying he'd prefer playing for Uzbekistan, who have absolutely no chance of playing ANY international tourney? And talking of Victor Moses et al, what has happened to Gabriel Agbonlahor, who dumped Nigeria for England? Oh oh
5. So let's address a bigger issue. When will we get it right as regards indiscipline in d super eagles? A few examples will suffice: Gabriel Bastituta (remember him) was asked to cut his long hair to be part of d 2002 Argentine world cup team. He scored against Nigeria. Roy Keane was sent home on d eve of d same world cup for insurbodination by d coach, Mick McCarthy, Raul was dropped, in 2007, from d Spanish team for what d spanish press called "negative influence in d dressing room". We could on & on, but the point here is teams have had to drop star players in order to preserve discipline and overall goal of d team. The result on d pitch was secondary.

And Osaze's talent pale in comparison with these stars.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by mcgboye(m): 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
Didnt know I'd stil have to comment on this, but in light of posts after my comment, i'm forced to.
1. Let me correct a misconception: Nigeria can still qualify as group winners. Currently, we're 3 points behind Guinea to who we lost 1-0. If we beat Mauritius away(a big IF, i know), and Guinea at home by at least a 2-goal margin (which is VERY achievable), we will qualify as group winners on head-to-head at d very least. Of cos we can stil qualify on goals difference with a goal margin victory.
2. Again, some people seem to think (or at least their posts have that message) that as soon as osaze enters the pitch, we will qualify. Haba! Come to think of it, what will happen if he's reinstated and we stil end up not qualifying? Don't forget. He also had issues with Amodu and Lagerback. So it's unbecoming of him, his undoubted talent notwithstanding.
3. What do u think will happen if we manage to qualify? Osaze will beg for forgiveness! That's the plain truth. And then a bigger issue will now ensue: why should he play d Nations Cup at the expense of the players that were there all along? Then we'll stil have another thread here, with people taking sides.
4. Someone said Osaze wil be regretting playing for Nigeria. Really, is that a joke? Are u saying he'd prefer playing for Uzbekistan, who have absolutely no chance of playing ANY international tourney? And talking of Victor Moses et al, what has happened to Gabriel Agbonlahor, who dumped Nigeria for England? Oh oh
5. So let's address a bigger issue. When will we get it right as regards indiscipline in d super eagles? A few examples will suffice: Gabriel Bastituta (remember him) was asked to cut his long hair to be part of d 2002 Argentine world cup team. He scored against Nigeria. Roy Keane was sent home on d eve of d same world cup for insurbodination by d coach, Mick McCarthy, Raul was dropped, in 2007, from d Spanish team for what d spanish press called "negative influence in d dressing room". We could on & on, but the point here is teams have had to drop star players in order to preserve discipline and overall goal of d team. The result on d pitch was secondary.

And Osaze's talent pale in comparison with these stars.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by cjayy(m): 1:25am On Jun 12, 2011
I dont support indiscipline but let us reason what must have really transpired between Osazee and Siasia.

For Osazee to have walked out on Siasia or the team, an arguement must have likely ensued after he must have sort permission to be excused from the team. Osazee plays for West Brom and this club pays him as their employee. They might have given him condition to travel to Nigeria. In as much as he wants to play for his country, he also wants to keep his job. Every player faces this. Most times, clubs dont even want to release their players. And when they do, some condition(s) might be attached which the players themselves are aware of. If Osazee has explained this to Siasia, he ought to have pondered on it and given him a fair hearing. Maybe Siasia didnt give him consideration, maybe both of them dared themselves and he had to leave.

What am saying is that, Osazee must have sort permission (he didnt just walk out) before leaving camp and was not granted the request. Its indiscipline to leave a football camp without the consent of your boss. As humans, when we feel our reason is genuine on a humble request and we are ignored, we often want to go ahead and pursue our goal. If Siasia were to be Osazee's employer, there would have been more limits to his action but West Brom is. Moreover the match in question was just a friendly and he felt others could equally execute the task. Maybe that was why Osazee decided to walk away. Maybe O!

Osazee was disrespectful but since Siasia didnt grant him his humble request, he just had to go back to his employer at the time he was needed most. Although Nigeria also needed him but not necessarily as much as his club which needed to be out of the relegation zone did.

Osazee did wrong leaving the camp, he should have called Siasia to apologize directly but we are told he didnt (maybe he couldnt due to the exchange of words between them before finally leaving-we are all humans and we know people have pride). If he did apologize thru the media, then it was a pre-emptive step he took.

In conclusion, Siasia should have pacified the punishment meted out to Osazee. He is the Head Coach so he should know his players and how to handle them.

I pray for peace amongst the Super Eagles players and the technical crew.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 1:39am On Jun 12, 2011
you are mad
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 1:41am On Jun 12, 2011
this is fantasy not reasoning
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by cjayy(m): 1:53am On Jun 12, 2011
@aribisala0,

If you want to make a comment, just comment and leave, donot insult me ok! It is my own opinion, you have yours but dont insult me.

Osazee cannot just carry his bag and leave camp without first seeking permission. He's not crazy. What we can say is that his permission was not granted before he did.

READ MY POST VERY WELL.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 2:01am On Jun 12, 2011
siasia is crazy
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 2:02am On Jun 12, 2011
obviously
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Effiko(m): 5:53am On Jun 12, 2011
why is it so difficult 4 him 2 apologize? mtchewwww
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Concept(m): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2011
@ cjayy @ Aribisala0

cjayy:

I dont support indiscipline but let us reason what must have really transpired between Osazee and Siasia.

For Osazee to have walked out on Siasia or the team, an arguement must have likely ensued after he must have sort permission to be excused from the team. Osazee plays for West Brom and this club pays him as their employee. They might have given him condition to travel to Nigeria. In as much as he wants to play for his country, he also wants to keep his job. Every player faces this. Most times, clubs dont even want to release their players. And when they do, some condition(s) might be attached which the players themselves are aware of. If Osazee has explained this to Siasia, he ought to have pondered on it and given him a fair hearing. Maybe Siasia didnt give him consideration, maybe both of them dared themselves and he had to leave.

What am saying is that, Osazee must have sort permission (he didnt just walk out) before leaving camp and was not granted the request. Its indiscipline to leave a football camp without the consent of your boss. As humans, when we feel our reason is genuine on a humble request and we are ignored, we often want to go ahead and pursue our goal. If Siasia were to be Osazee's employer, there would have been more limits to his action but West Brom is. Moreover the match in question was just a friendly and he felt others could equally execute the task. Maybe that was why Osazee decided to walk away. Maybe O!

Osazee was disrespectful but since Siasia didnt grant him his humble request, he just had to go back to his employer at the time he was needed most. Although Nigeria also needed him but not necessarily as much as his club which needed to be out of the relegation zone did.

Osazee did wrong leaving the camp, he should have called Siasia to apologize directly but we are told he didnt (maybe he couldnt due to the exchange of words between them before finally leaving-we are all humans and we know people have pride). If he did apologize thru the media, then it was a pre-emptive step he took.

In conclusion, Siasia should have pacified the punishment meted out to Osazee. He is the Head Coach so he should know his players and how to handle them.

aribisala0:

this is fantasy not reasoning

This is an analytical mind and the view should not be comdemned outrightly. Broad opinion is the way to have a permanent solution to a problem, never see any contribution silly, it might be an opening to another hidden solution or problem.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
cjayy:

all the bolded is GUESSWORK and biassed towards osaze unless you are his lawyer.

again quite silly.

to come out with speculative scenarios about what happened or did not happen is GUESSWORK.

how can any of us know for sure what happened. the only thing we know for sure is what the player posted on twitter. ;"that siasia has issues"
whether he posted it in russian or edo it was disrespectful of the coach,the team the people that played in the SE before his time and of nigerians.
what have he and his peers won for nigeria.?
which european or south american coach will accept that. he is lucky he is given the opportunity to apologize and not banned completely.

sadly this is a bad part of our culture not just football. when people ommit offences at work,government jobs etc you know you can always go and beg or blackmail your way using friends family and so people are rarely sacked when they should. to come out in public and lambast your coach is a sacking offence.

so if you don't know what to say shut up.
get out of nigeria and learn from others
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
one thing is for sure after this IF siasia remains as coach no other player will repeat this
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by bountimore: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
Pride comes head-2-head!

Pride jam pride abeg!, one pride must bow! grin
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by bisiaet: 9:46am On Jun 13, 2011
Apology or no apology I think Nigeria interest should be the first and beside if Siasia need an apology for Odemwingwe action leaving the camp without permission the truth as a player he knows the penalty for such action so I see no big deal for Odemwingwe apologising, pleae both Siasia and Odem. should swallow the pride and do the right thing to let the Eagle moves on.

Beside tendering an apology for such behaviour is not a big issue Odem. I beg you please apologise dont listen to those who are telling you not to apologise because is never a new thing Robinho has done that before when he was in Man. City and was asked to apologise which he did and the case was closed and so many big players as done it as well so please my guy just do it and forget about it that is just my own opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: 18+ Photos From The Rio Olympics / See how Pogba dresses to Manchester United training / Davido Sprays Pounds Note On CR7 As They Celebrate His Hat Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.