Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 (17787 Views)

Queenette Awuka, Cross River Most Beautiful Girl Releases Stunning Photos / The Most Beautiful Girl In The World / Mariah Carey, Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Lopez: Who Is Most Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by CrudeOil1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
The girls are just average.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Good Girl:

Old? Did you say old? Since when did people become "old" in their late teens, early twenties and mid-twenties? 

Do you want 13 year-old girls to contest? 

They LOOK old (over twenty five), I didn't say they are OLD.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
lol j12
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
The Urenna girl is pretty. Looks a lot like Jackie Appiah.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
Actually she's (Urenna) not ugly, hell no, but seriously she's not that hot or cute as Gbemisola or Mrs Jamal I'm not like whaou when I see her and I don't really think she looks like Jackie but his just an opinion.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
Nayah:

Yes GOOD GIRL sister she's really beautiful but except these three girls they're average.
I'd always noticed a trend where ladies are fascinated by

bodies of other women, and want to criticise, compare and compete.  cool
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
Donspony I think it's a a free forum where everyone can express himself so I don't see the relation between "opinion" and "competiton", a poster put this topic here in order to have our points of view, now I didn't know that it's was only for guys lol
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2011
J12:

I didn't say they are OLD.

J12:

I mean WTF! These girls [i]are [/i]old and not beautiful.

undecided undecided
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2011
What people are forgetting is that this is a topic on BEAUTY QUEENS for heaven's sake! They are not supposed to be just pretty, because "pretty" is so common. Hell, the lady who served me in a restaurant today was pretty. My sister is pretty. My colleague at work is pretty. I mean SO MANY people [i]are [/i]pretty. But for someone to stand out as a BEAUTY QUEEN, she has to be much more than the common pretty face that we all know.

They are not ugly, but people expect a "wow" effect from a beauty queen.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
Preach GOOD GIRL! totally agree, these women are not ugly at all, and we've never said that but yes I agree to say they have to be more than that and especially to compete on international scale. Now as I told let's see their eloquence, class and general culture, maybe on the 25th we'll see different women well dressed, with fantastic hair cut and so on.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by MissyB3(f): 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
Good Girl:

What people are forgetting is that this is a topic on BEAUTY QUEENS for heaven's sake! They are not supposed to be just pretty, because "pretty" is so common. Hell, the lady who served me in a restaurant today was pretty. My sister is pretty. My colleague at work is pretty. I mean SO MANY people [i]are [/i]pretty. But for someone to stand out as a BEAUTY QUEEN, she has to be much more than the common pretty face that we all know.

They are not ugly, but people expect a "wow" effect from a beauty queen.
I'd want you to understand that there are no definite and delineated criteria for determining beauty hence I earlier stated- ''The idea of beauty is totally personal'' and this is the only reason I didn't argue when you stated that Urenna wouldn't make heads turn if she walked into a room. That is your opinion and since I have no scientific instrument, because of its inexistence, to prove that you're wrong and that Urenna is  actually VERY BEAUTIFUL, I let your opinion, which clashes with mine, stand and go unchallenged.
In all beauty contests, there are the drop-dead gorgeous, those with the 'just there' factor and those with the WTF factor.
Oluchi Onweagba, for example, ISN'T the most beautiful girl in Nigeria or Africa, in my opinion, she's not even prettier than the average Naija girl nor as pretty as some of these girls here YET she won the face of AFRICA contest. Why?!

Sophie is one of the girls you deem qualified for the contest/very pretty -  If 10 Sophie Jamal were the contestants, there would still be someone saying they are not pretty enough to contest for miss Nigeria and if another 10 finer Sophies are brought, someone will still be able to provide 10 more beautiful Sophies. What am I saying? 1) We will never reach a generally accepted standard of beauty 2) We can NEVER get the truly most beautiful girl because there's none and that's why we can confidently give the title to anyone without fear of being sued. To some, beautiful is the fleshy girl with big eyeballs, to some, it's the thin girl with 'pointed' nose and 'cat eyes', to some, it's the fair-skinned girl and so on. . . .You have your definition of beauty, so do I and so does he and so does she. We will have to choose among the available options. These girls are representing Naija girls because they met the requisites qualities for participation, if you think you know way prettier girls, encourage them to participate and if they meet the requisites, they will be considered.

I'm just wondering how much prettier you want some of these girls to be esp. Urenna that, in my honest opinion, would hurt if she was prettier than she is now.  cool
Out of mere curiosity, I'd like to know what physical features a girl is supposed to possess to be considered 'more than pretty' and fit to participate in a contest like this.

I'm so your fan, babez.  cheesy kiss
www.nairaland.com/attachments/461665_Urenna_Onyeneke_jpg5ea770b76a73c6ba85c38a493cfcf1a8
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
Missy ★ B:

I'd want you to understand that there are no definite and delineated criteria for determining beauty hence I earlier stated- ''The idea of beauty is totally personal'' and this is the only reason I didn't argue when you stated that Urenna wouldn't make heads turn if she walked into a room. That is your opinion and since I have no scientific instrument, because of its inexistence, to prove that you're wrong and that Urenna is  actually VERY BEAUTIFUL, I let your opinion, which clashes with mine, stand and go unchallenged.
In all beauty contests, there are the drop-dead gorgeous, those with the 'just there' factor and those with the WTF factor.
Oluchi Onweagba, for example, ISN'T the most beautiful girl in Nigeria or Africa, in my opinion, she's not even prettier than the average Naija girl nor as pretty as some of these girls here YET she won the face of AFRICA contest. Why?!

Sophie is one of the girls you deem qualified for the contest/very pretty -  If 10 Sophie Jamal were the contestants, there would still be someone saying they are not pretty enough to contest for miss Nigeria and if another 10 finer Sophies are brought, someone will still be able to provide 10 more beautiful Sophies. What am I saying? 1) We will never reach a generally accepted standard of beauty 2) We can NEVER get the truly most beautiful girl because there's none and that's why we can confidently give the title to anyone without fear of being sued. To some, beautiful is the fleshy girl with big eyeballs, to some, it's the thin girl with 'pointed' nose and 'cat eyes', to some, it's the fair-skinned girl and so on. . . .You have your definition of beauty, so do I and so does he and so does she. We will have to choose among the available options. These girls are representing Naija girls because they met the requisites qualities for participation, if you think you know way prettier girls, encourage them to participate and if they meet the requisites, they will be considered.

I'm just wondering how much prettier you want some of these girls to be esp. Urenna that, in my honest opinion, would hurt if she was prettier than she is now.  cool
Out of mere curiosity, I'd like to know what physical features a girl is supposed to possess to be considered 'more than pretty' and fit to participate in a contest like this.

And that's why I previously stated that one man's meat is another man's poison. That statement by itself tells you that we both agree on this one thing - that beauty is very subjective. And that's also why I usually make/made statements such as "she is beautiful/not so beautiful in my opinion/IMO".

And trust me, this is not a 'Urenna-vs-Other People's Choices' thing (as you've clearly made it to be-or in the process of). Am merely raising the concern of the pretty girl-next-door dominating beauty pageants becoming a more common trend these days than it was some time back, when one had to be really really captivating to even think of contesting. These days, all one needs is to be tall and slender. Period. Be average if you want, but if you're tall and slender, then you're good to go. The problem with this trend is that eventually the "Beauty Queen" will compete against Miss India, Miss Venezuela, Miss Puerto Rico, Miss West Indies, Miss Bahamas; who do not at all waver, neither do they try to appease people of a certain "look". They parade their juiciest and ripest ones; it's no joke. And when we see a certain country taking the Miss World/Universe crown 8 times we cry foul - the ever worn-out "racism" cry.

I personally loved Agbani Darego (OK. She's not as fresh as she was when she won the Miss World title, but that's another story for another day). IN MY OPINION (and that of the judges), she was gorgeous then! I was not at all surprised that she won that title! Why? She was not just tall and slender. I actually thought she stood out. To get an above-the-rest girl that stands out in a crowd is so easy in Nigeria, considering it is one over-populated country with women who have some "correct" faces! I have seen beautiful-like-mermaids Nigerian women, so perhaps that should explain why I expect a little bit more than just "pretty" from Nigeria.

And yes, I'd encourage prettier girls to participate in the contest if I were in Nigeria. (Am no Nigerian, but a friend of).

And now to cool your curiosity about what I find beautiful/attractive; I really have no single perspective of what beauty is. No preference to a certain size, or race or skin tone (Nairalanders' biggest weakness). I know two women who are the complete opposite of each other in practically everything, but are both beautiful. I could say the same for Genevieve Nnaji and Stella Damasus. IN MY OPINION they both are beautiful, just like I find Gbemisola Shotade and Sophie Jamal stunning.  cool cool

Anyway, that's that. . . . . .it's all good.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gbemisola FTW
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by londoner: 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
The beautiful and even very pretty Nigerian girls are simply not entering these competitions.

Anyone who has been to Nigeria would know that these are just the average ok range of beauty Nigeria has to offer.

Good luck to the girls though.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by tpia5: 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
^True, for the most part.

@ topic

i think the issue people are pointing out here is our tendency as nigerians to elevate personal, not universal standards of beauty.

That's why many non-nigerians find it puzzling when we admire folks as the epitome of beauty, but they cant find a valid explanation for why we're seeing it that way.

Many explanations for this phenomenon which dont need addressing but the thing with the MBGN pageant is it's based on connections not primarily beauty per se.

My two cents.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
tpia@:

^True, for the most part.

@ topic

i think the issue people are pointing out here is our tendency as nigerians to elevate perosnal, not universal standards of beauty.

That's why many non-nigerians find it puzzling when we admire folks as the epitome of beauty, but they cant find a valid explanation for why we're seeing it that way.

Many explanations for this phenomenon which dont need addressing but the thing with the MBGN pageant is it's based on connections not primarily beauty per se.

My two cents.

couldn't have said it better myself
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Jenifa1: 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2011
I don't know but I really like this olamide girl. maybe because she reminds me of a relative of mine

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
Londoner and Good Girl I agree.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by mamagee3(f): 12:01am On Jun 16, 2011
They all look good but I don't think they look like pageantry material. . .

Where are the real pageant queens? undecided
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 16, 2011

What a picture!!! Dem still they use film camera or what, where they didn't want to waste film. . .and each girl had to have one shot each? Can't they get a digital camera? At least you would have a variety of shots to choose from without wasting film, because I don't understand how they can post this scary photo for the whole world to see. Abi this was the best shot of her shoot? shocked I hope not. grin Chantelle you just gotta sue MBGN. This is nothing but sabotage. cheesy

Is she not the one in this video? She's alright.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXHjVb7TvE?version=3[/flash]
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2011
Stillwater, I'm mot really with you on that, she's still normal.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by MissyB3(f): 9:30am On Jun 16, 2011
stillwater:

What a picture!!! Dem still they use film camera or what, where they didn't want to waste film. . .and each girl had to have one shot each? Can't they get a digital camera? At least you would have a variety of shots to choose from without wasting film, because I don't understand how they can post this scary photo for the whole world to see. Abi this was the best shot of her shoot? shocked I hope not. grin Chantelle you just gotta sue MBGN. This is nothing but sabotage. cheesy

Is she not the one in this video? She's alright.
Oh Stilly!  grin grin grin
That Chantelle and Loveth Onaja . . . .I rest my case!   lipsrsealed
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2011
Nayah:

Stillwater, I'm mot really with you on that, she's still normal.

But she's better looking than what that photo portrays. That's my point, lol. That is my beef with MBGN. They cannot invest in photo shoots. Every single season they put out mediocre photographs with their 1900 cameras.

Missy ★ B:

Oh Stilly!  grin grin grin
That Chantelle and Loveth Onaja . . . .I rest my case!   lipsrsealed

Did you notice some of them have yellow abi red eyes? grin We've got some ganja smokers o. cheesy
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nayah(f): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2011
Yes she's better in better cameras but I still have crush for Gbamisola; Sophie Jamal and Tobi Banjoko.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Dede1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2011

V1 ABIA Gabriella Ndu
V2 ABUJA Tessy Maduko
V3 ADAMAWA Nwando Ebeledike
V4 AKWA-IBOM Kome Osal
V5 ANAMBRA Ify Jewana
V6 BAYELSA Sophie Jewal
V7 BAUCHI Chantelle Unachukwu
V8 BENUE Josephine Igochie
V9 BORNO Gbemisola Shotade
V10 CROSS RIVER Agotha Eriom
V11 DELTA Chidebe Joyce
V12 EBONYI Delphine Okaban
V13 EDO Onabu Obehioye Liliane
V14 EKITI Awettada Ovoke
V15 ENUGU Obioma Isiwu
V16 GOMBE Jennifer Igwegbe
V17 IMO Urenna Onyeneke
V18 KOGI Okafor Ohichi
V19 KWARA Ngwu Ogonna Linda
V20 LAGOS Grace Ndam
V21 NASARAWA Menkiti Sylvia
V22 NIGER Amanda Simon
V23 OGUN Ige Temifope
V24 ONDO Tobi Banjoko
V25 OSUN Metu Kelechi
V26 OYO Florentina Nneka Agu
V27 PLATEAU Onaja Lovette
V28 RIVERS Mitchelle Ijeh
V29 TARABA Sylvia Nduka
V30 YOBE Lotachukwu Ugwu
V31 JIGAWA Eneka Gloria
V32 KADUNA Olanide Aroguma
V33 KANO Deborah Enebeli
V34 KATSINA Kenechukwu Offiah

http://www./2011/06/most-beautiful-girl-in-nigeria-contest.html

This could pass as most-beautiful-Igbo-girl-contest.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Arielle: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
This is disgraceful and the reason why we remain backward in everything. These girls were not assisted to let their beauty shine through. They may not be heart-breakingly beautiful but i bet beauty contest veterans like Venezuela will never allow their contestants be presented in such a shoddy manner, even if its only a national contest. Bad hair, frightful make-up, bad skin, utterly horrendous photography. I mean, how dare MBGN organisers present this to us as representative of Nigerian beauty. A lot of these girls have good features. but who can see them beneath 'willie-willie' weaves and drag-queen make-up! Don't they get some sort of intervention from the organisers before they take publicity photos?
The last girl is naturally pretty, but oh, those elbows! We need to step up our game because participating in a beauty contest is not something one gets up suddenly and undertakes. The Venezuelans and Brazilians have perfected the art of pre-contest preparation and it takes years.
I feel you on the natural hair thing.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by jmaine: 1:13am On Jun 20, 2011
Komel Osal and Sophie  kiss kiss . .  ALL the girls are made . . magas would swoop on them ferociously . .and trust the Igbo chicks . .Business don show  grin grin
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Princek12(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2011
There should a rule forbidding wearing weave. These girls have too much weave in their hair. If you can't portray yourself without the assistance of Indian or Chinese or Oyinbo hair, then you do not deserve to be the MBGN.
Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nnenna1(f): 12:46am On Jun 21, 2011
Promo Pics for Nwando Ebeledike (V3)

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nnenna1(f): 12:47am On Jun 21, 2011
More:

Re: Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria Contest Holds June 25 by Nnenna1(f): 12:52am On Jun 21, 2011
Casting call for MGBN.  All I can say is hmmmmm, lol

[flash=450,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzVTRI55GxE[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CoolFM 's Dotun Suspended For Hitting Female Co-worker / Uche Jombo, Chioma Akpota, Omoni Oboli And Ufuoma McDermott Cover Wow Magazine / Upcoming Nigerian Actors, Models, Dancers, Comedians Photos And Profiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.