Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina (11958 Views)

Surgery: Nnamdi Iro Oji Visits Orji Uzor Kalu In Germany (photos) / Femi Adesina: My Daughter Almost Cried When She Read About Me On Social Media / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by presidency: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
LORI IRO: THE EVIL THAT LIE MERCHANTS DO

By FEMI ADESINA

You have probably seen something on social media, which I consider a parody of lie merchants against our country. We will talk about it in a minute.

But let me take an early digression to recall the story of a teacher we didn’t particularly like when we were in secondary school. The man could wield the whip, ehnnnn. And when he decided to give you a knock on the head, you began to swallow your own mucus. Fast fast.

So, the obstreperous boys, who didn’t want any form of control, nicknamed the teacher Aji pogun iro. The person who lies at least 20 times a day.

Boys will be boys. I doubt if we ever caught the teacher at a single lie, but just because we didn’t like him, we nicknamed him Aji pogun iro. We usually had so much fun calling him that name behind him.

Back to our topic. Some people hate their country so much, that they tell a minimum of 20 lies against her daily. And they use the digital media, particularly the variant called social media. There, you have no checks, no balances. An ‘army of anything goes’ operates there.

Now to that parody of lie merchants. A man is seen with a bouquet of flowers, kneeling down before a lady. He says:

“Abeni, please agree to marry me, or I’ll die. You are my joy, my honey, the salt of my life.

“If I don’t see you, I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. And peradventure I sleep, I dream of you like a crazy man.”

As he spins his yarn, a male voice interjects periodically: Lori iro. Lori iro. Meaning, Big, Fat, Lies.

The lady was probably getting convinced, and about to say ‘I will do’ when a heavily pregnant woman appears on the scene, and shouts:

“Who am I looking at? My husband!”

A shocked Abeni exclaims: “So you are already married!” And she gave Aji pogun iro a dirty slap. He saw stars. End of story.

The man with the voice then takes centre stage, chanting lyrically: Iro po, iro po. O ti po repete. Lie lie lover, lie lie lover, meaning, Big Fat Lies, Big Fat Lies, Too Many Lies. Lie lie lover.

And I say, Big Fat Lies, Big Fat Lies against Nigeria, and against a President doing his honest best for the country. And anybody loyal to the President also becomes a butt of lies, undue hatred, odium, misinformation, disinformation, opprobrium.

We were at the 76th Assembly of the United Nations in New York between September 19 and 26, this year. We returned home without any incident, landing in Abuja about 4 am.

Few days later, a perpetually lying online newspaper published that on the trip back home, the presidential jet developed a technical fault, and we made emergency landing at a place called Sable Island, where we were held up for three hours, before resuming the journey.

Holy Moses! I was on that flight! Nothing of such happened. How did a fecund but sick mind conjure that lie? Lori iro. When did journalism become a cocktail of lies? And to what end? Shame, big shame.

I got a number of phone calls from people who wanted to rejoice with me that we escaped what could have been a crash. I let them finish talking, and would say: Lori iro. They would be shocked, then curse the lying blog, and go off the line.

A high rise building unfortunately came down in Lagos recently, killing a large number of people, including the developer. Pronto, that lying online medium published that the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, was a partner with the developer, who was his bosom friend. Lori iro.

The VP, a professor of law, demanded a retraction, or he would go to court. But these liars have no honor, nor any sense of shame. They never correct nor retract their lies. It is second nature to them. No wonder the Good Book says when the Devil lies, “he speaks his natural language. A liar and father of lies.” Lori iro.

There’s another Liars’ Gazette, which makes it a point of duty to tell at least 20 lies against the country daily. Aji pogun iro. The former boss of the suicide journalist behind that online publication once described him to me as “a danger to today and to tomorrow.” When he lies, he speaks his natural language.

Recently, Dr Chike Akunyili, husband to that deceased Nigerian heroine, Dora, was gruesomely killed in the Southeast, apparently by murderous separatists. What did Liars’Gazette say? Dr Akunyili killed by Fulani herdsmen! No shred, not even a scintilla of evidence. They are just bent on throwing the country into a turmoil, and the more heinous the lie, the more it serves their evil purpose.

It was the same Liars’ Gazette that went to town in October last year, during the EndSARS protest, publishing that President Muhammadu Buhari had agreed to scrap the SARS police team early, but his media adviser, Femi Adesina, prevailed on him not to do so. Lori iro.

What the Liars’ Gazette wanted to do was to turn the public against me. It succeeded for a while, going by the volume of vitriol and hate messages I received initially. But it is said that if lie travels for 20 years, truth catches up with it in one day. Soon, the truth came out, and the liar was left standing small and looking stupid.

I was special guest recently at the unveiling of a book, 101 Fake News on EndSARS, written by a young investigative reporter, Dahiru M. Lawal. The book is published by PR Nigeria, and how I wish every citizen of this great country can get a copy. In 203 pages, the author chronicles all the lies that accompanied the EndSARS protests, which began as a laudable outcry against police brutality, till the Devil took over, and things took a murderous turn. Lagos was almost completely burned down, and scores of policemen and other security agents lay dead round the country. The truth of that saga is still being unraveled by probe panels round the country.

Lies are being told daily against the President. He’s Jibril of Sudan, the real Buhari is long dead. A cabal runs the country for him, he can’t even talk again. He’s a tyrant, and tramples on the human rights of Nigerians. He’s not even achieving anything. Blah blah.

And don’t think it’s only inconsequential people who are behind these lies. Even serial election losers join the fray. When an opposition party speaks, just tell yourself; Lori iro. Because it lies daily. It speaks its natural language when it spews untruth. When some pastors, and some imams preach, it is Lori iro. They lie against the President, and against the government he leads. Simply because they hate their country, hate the citizens, and even hate themselves.

But I’ve got news for such people. As God wills, President Buhari would continue to achieve for the country. Infrastructure works would continue, the insecurity war would be won, the economy would continue to revive, and corrupt people would endlessly march straight to jail. And then, by May 29, 2023, the President would land safely. Amen.

Every other thing, as conjured by evil hearts, the Lie Lie Lovers, would be Lori iro.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by helinues: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Abi.

Lori Iro from Soro Soke goons

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by hargbolahan01: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Member of the professional lying crew has talked

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by cankerworm: 5:37am On Dec 04, 2021
smiley
Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:38am On Dec 04, 2021
Everybody just dey Freestyle

5 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by verybadmouth(m): 5:38am On Dec 04, 2021
Go and tell all this crap to Lai Mohammed

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by inoki247: 5:38am On Dec 04, 2021
Well as dat proverb dey always say na Thief dey sabi trail thief....

Na Lier dey sabi liers...

Imagine person wey Lying Merchant Surround anyhow sef dey talk oga Getat from herr before Thunder Fire you....

Help me greet Comrade Lier Mohammed oh...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by osuofia2(m): 5:39am On Dec 04, 2021
Femi don't mind them, the good Nigerians love Baba Buhari.
Sahara reporters and people's gazette are bloody liars

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by obedugo(m): 5:39am On Dec 04, 2021
Na thunder go fire this Man and all BMC crew

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by extendo: 5:39am On Dec 04, 2021
presidency:
LORI IRO: THE EVIL THAT LIE MERCHANTS DO

By FEMI ADESINA

You have probably seen something on social media, which I consider a parody of lie merchants against our country. We will talk about it in a minute.

But let me take an early digression to recall the story of a teacher we didn’t particularly like when we were in secondary school. The man could wield the whip, ehnnnn. And when he decided to give you a knock on the head, you began to swallow your own mucus. Fast fast.

So, the obstreperous boys, who didn’t want any form of control, nicknamed the teacher Aji pogun iro. The person who lies at least 20 times a day.

Boys will be boys. I doubt if we ever caught the teacher at a single lie, but just because we didn’t like him, we nicknamed him Aji pogun iro. We usually had so much fun calling him that name behind him.

Back to our topic. Some people hate their country so much, that they tell a minimum of 20 lies against her daily. And they use the digital media, particularly the variant called social media. There, you have no checks, no balances. An ‘army of anything goes’ operates there.

Now to that parody of lie merchants. A man is seen with a bouquet of flowers, kneeling down before a lady. He says:

“Abeni, please agree to marry me, or I’ll die. You are my joy, my honey, the salt of my life.

“If I don’t see you, I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. And peradventure I sleep, I dream of you like a crazy man.”

As he spins his yarn, a male voice interjects periodically: Lori iro. Lori iro. Meaning, Big, Fat, Lies.

The lady was probably getting convinced, and about to say ‘I will do’ when a heavily pregnant woman appears on the scene, and shouts:

“Who am I looking at? My husband!”

A shocked Abeni exclaims: “So you are already married!” And she gave Aji pogun iro a dirty slap. He saw stars. End of story.

The man with the voice then takes centre stage, chanting lyrically: Iro po, iro po. O ti po repete. Lie lie lover, lie lie lover, meaning, Big Fat Lies, Big Fat Lies, Too Many Lies. Lie lie lover.

And I say, Big Fat Lies, Big Fat Lies against Nigeria, and against a President doing his honest best for the country. And anybody loyal to the President also becomes a butt of lies, undue hatred, odium, misinformation, disinformation, opprobrium.

We were at the 76th Assembly of the United Nations in New York between September 19 and 26, this year. We returned home without any incident, landing in Abuja about 4 am.

Few days later, a perpetually lying online newspaper published that on the trip back home, the presidential jet developed a technical fault, and we made emergency landing at a place called Sable Island, where we were held up for three hours, before resuming the journey.

Holy Moses! I was on that flight! Nothing of such happened. How did a fecund but sick mind conjure that lie? Lori iro. When did journalism become a cocktail of lies? And to what end? Shame, big shame.

I got a number of phone calls from people who wanted to rejoice with me that we escaped what could have been a crash. I let them finish talking, and would say: Lori iro. They would be shocked, then curse the lying blog, and go off the line.

A high rise building unfortunately came down in Lagos recently, killing a large number of people, including the developer. Pronto, that lying online medium published that the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, was a partner with the developer, who was his bosom friend. Lori iro.

The VP, a professor of law, demanded a retraction, or he would go to court. But these liars have no honor, nor any sense of shame. They never correct nor retract their lies. It is second nature to them. No wonder the Good Book says when the Devil lies, “he speaks his natural language. A liar and father of lies.” Lori iro.

There’s another Liars’ Gazette, which makes it a point of duty to tell at least 20 lies against the country daily. Aji pogun iro. The former boss of the suicide journalist behind that online publication once described him to me as “a danger to today and to tomorrow.” When he lies, he speaks his natural language.

Recently, Dr Chike Akunyili, husband to that deceased Nigerian heroine, Dora, was gruesomely killed in the Southeast, apparently by murderous separatists. What did Liars’Gazette say? Dr Akunyili killed by Fulani herdsmen! No shred, not even a scintilla of evidence. They are just bent on throwing the country into a turmoil, and the more heinous the lie, the more it serves their evil purpose.

It was the same Liars’ Gazette that went to town in October last year, during the EndSARS protest, publishing that President Muhammadu Buhari had agreed to scrap the SARS police team early, but his media adviser, Femi Adesina, prevailed on him not to do so. Lori iro.

What the Liars’ Gazette wanted to do was to turn the public against me. It succeeded for a while, going by the volume of vitriol and hate messages I received initially. But it is said that if lie travels for 20 years, truth catches up with it in one day. Soon, the truth came out, and the liar was left standing small and looking stupid.

I was special guest recently at the unveiling of a book, 101 Fake News on EndSARS, written by a young investigative reporter, Dahiru M. Lawal. The book is published by PR Nigeria, and how I wish every citizen of this great country can get a copy. In 203 pages, the author chronicles all the lies that accompanied the EndSARS protests, which began as a laudable outcry against police brutality, till the Devil took over, and things took a murderous turn. Lagos was almost completely burned down, and scores of policemen and other security agents lay dead round the country. The truth of that saga is still being unraveled by probe panels round the country.

Lies are being told daily against the President. He’s Jibril of Sudan, the real Buhari is long dead. A cabal runs the country for him, he can’t even talk again. He’s a tyrant, and tramples on the human rights of Nigerians. He’s not even achieving anything. Blah blah.

And don’t think it’s only inconsequential people who are behind these lies. Even serial election losers join the fray. When an opposition party speaks, just tell yourself; Lori iro. Because it lies daily. It speaks its natural language when it spews untruth. When some pastors, and some imams preach, it is Lori iro. They lie against the President, and against the government he leads. Simply because they hate their country, hate the citizens, and even hate themselves.

But I’ve got news for such people. As God wills, President Buhari would continue to achieve for the country. Infrastructure works would continue, the insecurity war would be won, the economy would continue to revive, and corrupt people would endlessly march straight to jail. And then, by May 29, 2023, the President would land safely. Amen.

Every other thing, as conjured by evil hearts, the Lie Lie Lovers, would be Lori iro.

*Adesina is Special Adviser to President Buhari on Media and Publicity
Clown

8 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by obedugo(m): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2021
osuofia2:
Femi don't mind them, the good Nigerians love Baba Buhari
Be truthful, are you happy with life filled with lies you're living?? I wonder how you people comfortable sleep at night

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Dozie32(m): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2021
It will live them forever.
Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Temisia(f): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Dozie32(m): 5:40am On Dec 04, 2021
It will live with them forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by NaijaFutbol: 5:42am On Dec 04, 2021
All this long story to say Something that was transmitted live was a lie grin

These guys think they will be in power for ever grin

A country that should be asking questions about what really happened to her unarmed citizens that night have from day one played coverup.

Adesina, whatever (didn’t) happen to unarmed protesters at Lekki toll plaza will be your portion.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by obedugo(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2021
Smaller Version of Lie Mohamad, disgraceful old useless men

1 Like

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Lalami3232(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2021
Oga shatap ya dirty mouth!!! If people wan complain of lies, no be una suppose dey talk sef. Na una be the grand patron of lies for this country. Remember how una promise:
1. One dollar go dey equal to #1
2. Uninterrupted power supply
3. PPMS go dey cheaper
4. Build our refineries
5. Tackle bandits in a year
6. Una even promise to give us CHANGE
So Mr My Brother, you no get mouth to talk say people dey lie against una because una deceived both pastors, imams, elders, youths, children and even the world at large in 2015.
Una don forget how una use these same bloggers/media houses take fight PDP? Una remember how una use Chibok girls dey draw attention from the world to una lies? Oga, una no get reason to complain say dem dey lie against una because na with lies and propaganda na una dey assume office. Even still at the office of power, una still dey tell lies grin. No make me vex oooo, allow us to endure una till 2023 in peace abeg.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again " the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin eeh, I go ********"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by DOTian: 5:43am On Dec 04, 2021
He's starting to sound like a broken record. 2023 is fast approaching and the reality of his eternal uselessness after that is slowly hitting on him and he has started Lori iloring himself to oblivion..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by jaxxy(m): 5:45am On Dec 04, 2021
Ok let’s assume they are lying bt are u telling the Truth?

We have seen lies upon lies from government and u failed to call any of these lies out.

So who is the liar or liars?

5 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Cantonese: 5:45am On Dec 04, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients as they say.

We were fed with big fat lies before they got power in 2015. We are still daily fed with big fat lies. We have been placed in the land of illusion, poverty, hardship, bewitched and gagged. Lori iro is their motto. What an irony how the spokesperson has come to tell us that people lies against them. Please read some of their notable lies before 2015 that still exist:

Ban on government officials from going abroad for medical treatment: FAILED

Public declaration of assets and liabilities: FAILED

Introduction of National Gender Policy and offer of 35 per cent appointment to women: FAILED

Creation of three million jobs per year: FAILED

One of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world with a real GDP growth averaging 10 per cent annually. FAILED

Generation, transmission and distribution of at least 20,000 MW of electricity within four years and increasing to 50,000 MW with a view to achieving 24/7 uninterrupted power supply within 10 years. FAILED

Creation of 720,000 jobs by the 36 states in the federation per annum (20,000 per state) FAILED

Creating a National Conflict Resolution Commission to prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity. FAILED

Raising life expectancy level by an additional 10 years on average – FAILED

Construction of 3,000km of superhighways with service trunks – FAILED

Establishing a single ECOWAS currency by 2020 under Nigeria’s leadership: FAILED

Making naira stable at the international market – FAILED

Giving up to 20 per cent of the national budget for the educational sector while also making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels – FAILED

Amending the Nigerian Constitution to ensure devolution of powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism - FAILED

Boosting the Nigerian football league to make it as competitive as other national leagues – FAILED

Development of national sanitation plans to clean up the country – FAILED

Creation of a Commodity Board to ensure the best pricing for selected crops and facilitate storage of agricultural products – FAILED

Amending the constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in a criminal case – FAILED

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by omowolewa: 5:46am On Dec 04, 2021
Change begins with you

2 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by seguno2: 5:46am On Dec 04, 2021
osuofia2:
Femi don't mind them, the good Nigerians love Baba Buhari

Good Nigerians who are suffering from unemployment, underemployment, inflation, insecurity, bad roads etc?
Or good Nigerians like Femi’s boss and his political partner who abandon the trillions Aso Rock clinic and world class equipped and staffed hospitals in Lagos for medical tourism in London?
Please what group do you have in mind

4 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Ogbanga0913: 5:48am On Dec 04, 2021
This is the case of devil accusing humans of lying and him.
And the Liar himself speak from his original language to his senior colleagues Lai and Shehu...

2 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:49am On Dec 04, 2021
A liar calling out those who lied against him

2 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by nairavsdollars(f): 5:49am On Dec 04, 2021
Femi Adesina is a fine writer. Only that defending Buhari turns someone to a different thing entirely

2 Likes

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by seguno2: 5:49am On Dec 04, 2021
extendo:

Clown

Cantonese:
Nonsense

Haba, please let us respect the man of God that Femi is grin

1 Like

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Grace001: 5:49am On Dec 04, 2021
Kettle calling pot black…

Saint Adeshina and the likes of Saint Lie Muhammad

1 Like

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by Naija4love(m): 5:51am On Dec 04, 2021
Why did I open this trashed this morning con take time dey read again. Well i stopped half way

1 Like

Re: Lori Iro: The Evil That Lie Merchants Do - Femi Adesina by seguno2: 5:51am On Dec 04, 2021
obedugo:
Be truthful, are you happy with life filled with lies you're living?? I wonder how you people comfortable sleep at night

The N30,000 BMC stipend does the sleep magic, in the absence of a good job that pays well and promptly in Buhari’s battered economy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Expect From Tinubu's Administration? / Probe Me Not My Aides - Obasanjo Challenged Jonathan / At Least One Million Traders Have Benefited From Tradermoni – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.