Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) (52094 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by billyG(m): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.
Which kind of likes:Do you have cultism during your time?
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Time to wait for the investigation...let's see how it goes. An autopsy would also be good too.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Joygift3666: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
matm:
Once one is truly dead,whatever u are doing for him/her is of no use.Nothing can bring d person back again .
D school management can only be more careful to forestall future reoccurrence.
But I wonder really what their teachers can do to tackle cultism.Teachers without arms,bare handedly risking their lives for other people's untrained kids.
The school Mang. shld better start involving d security operatives to help tackle d menace.They can add security levy to their school fees for d purpose.
After paying one million naira?
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Jeopardizing the education of the other students.
Knee jerk reaction is just too common in Nigeria.
What happened is sad but closing down the school is totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school alone.

if the innocent boy is your son, would you've type this gibberish? a lot of you here are just bunch of unthinkable specimen

the intention behind closure of this school is even still unknown as the owner of the school seems to be one of the elites that's possibly friend of the government

you see if that school is not close by now, those Endsars Arsonists would have bounce on that school and destroy it over night. closure of the school will calm tension down and will also give room for proper investigation

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by obonujoker(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.

Amen...

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
geemd434:

Some of una go dey make comment as if una get sense.. shut up your Stupid mouth.. have you been to the USA to know how they run things. And why do you fools keep comparing USA to Nigeria iis it same environment. Shutting down the school is the right thing to do. Shut your Stupid mouth

No I have never been to America, I have only live here for more than 35 years. Probably more than you have spent on Earth going by your delusional infantile shallow jelly fish brain rant.
This must be how you address your father at home.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by billyG(m): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
All those rich private schools do their teachers have the mandates to discipline children of d wealthy? will d teachers not risk d wrath of d wealthy,influencial parents & that of d principals & proprietors who doesn't want to lose patronage.those spoilt children of d "have all" are treated like princes & princess.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:

No I have never been to America, I have only live here for more than 35 years. Probably more than you have spent on Earth going by your delusional infantile shallow jelly fish brain rant.
This must be how you address your father at home.

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Odide009: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
The issue of bullying as been around for a long time. During my secondary school days. In Government College Surulere. The junior and Senior students were almost all the time fighting. The senior students were proving their seniority, but the Junior students challenged them big time. It got so bad that, they had to separate junior from senior. Senior students had their principal and junior had theirs. I don't know, if its still like that till date.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

if the innocent boy is your son, would you've type this gibberish? a lot of you here are just bunch of unthinkable specimen

I don't act based on sentiment, rumors and speculations. I act on facts.
Do proper investigation and arrest those culpable in the crime, what has that got to do with other innocent students?
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by generalwo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kudos to the Nigerian police for doing the needful but sealing the school is almost not enough... I want to be hearing news that the suspects have been arrested and are in custody already....... And also the top management of the school should be brought in for questioning...... Why would you come out to say the victim died of injuries sustained while playing football......is there anyone who has never kicked a football before?? Why would a child play football, and then his mouth was swollen, his waist almost broken.... Ribs broken..... Stomach swollen...... And he's in severe pains..... Even if it's shalolin soccer... He won't be that badly injured.... Why did the school not investigate before coming out to make false claims Also I don't understand how a school where parents pay 1m doesn't have cctv to monitor the activities of the students left in their custody This is unacceptable....
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by victorazy(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.

Their career don already end, they will never remain the same.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by billyG(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
So d lives that was lost is no concern of yours, what if school is open and other lose their lives the more.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[/b]

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2
[/s]

HYPOCRITE did you report the shallow empty skull fool who abused me?
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:

I don't act based on sentiment, rumors and speculations. I act on facts.
Do proper investigation and arrest those culpable in the crime, what has that got to do with other innocent students?

closure of the school is an advantage to the owner of the school and safety of the students, only God knows what those social media warrior is planning to do with the school over night

academic activities in the school with the present situation is a huge vulnerability on the part of the management
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
billyG:

So d lives that was lost is no concern of yours, what if school is open and other lose their lives the more.

Na wa oh, where did you get that conclusion from?
I see why Nigeria is a complete mess.
With citizens like these you can't expect a country that functions properly. This is just a basic reality.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by desiredhome: 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
DaddyFabooluz:
It's very sad the young had to pay with his life to expose the issues of bullying in secondary schools. I can't begin to narrate my experience in the boarding school I attended. May the soul of the young boy rest in peace.
God was using Don Davis mother to send message to parents about these evil that had taken over the boarding school but some parents were insulting her because it has to do with one of their religious leader.......
Don Davis mother was wise to have withdrew his son otherwise this would've been the case of Don Davis.........
Young Sylvester was not lucky even when he had reported the threat to his parents....so SAD....
The police knew about most of these evil going on but they are handicap because their parents ....

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by samuelson06(m): 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

I am 100% sure you did not comprehend my conciliatory approach while investigation is on. In your mob mentality, the school is rejoicing now at the death of a student.
The problem is that most of you have never built anything and in every issue,all you see is nail so the best option to solve it is hammer.
I am sure that you probably didn't attend a good school enough to stand by it even when they falter in a very regrettable manner this school just did.

Again, at the risk of sounding like a broken disc, my message is to every Dowen Alumni out there,not you.
If you are Dowen Alumni, stand with your alma mater and share your condolence with the bereaved family because you equally lost a prospective member of your group of Alumni.
Offering support to your alma mater has nothing to do with the investigation and possible prosecution of anyone indicted. It is your school, stand by it against the mob.

Some of them will do same to their alma mater.

Dowen College is someone's business. It's the responsibility of the business owner to manage it well.

The matter here is very simple: produce the culprits and let the law take its course. Instead, they shielded them. Which alumni would be happy with that except the person is evil?

I'm not writing to pull them down but if the law sees it fit that they should go down because the essence of their existence is defeated, so be it. You can't be running a business that causes more pains than good to others. Murder is a serious crime and anyone committing or supporting it should be made to face the law like in the case of of Dowen management.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Repu2244(m): 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Dem pay you to write this thing?
Imagine this was ur blood�

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Daceline: 5:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=FreeStuffsNG post=108234352]

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this. X

Iwu onye apari.

If it's your son that died would this be your submission?

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
It is for their own good. They were trying to cover up such a big crime instead of taking responsibilities on time. Last last na person wey dey alive dey go school. Let the government investigate and track down the killers. The students cannot also properly learn well seeing police vans around and knowing that their colleague died, they need a necessary break away from such environment.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by enonche85(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.

Asin ehn!...alot of parents will withdraw their children straight up because they'll conclude that their kids are not being watched.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Angeltjazz2017(m): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school
alone.

The school is not transparency with the situation bro.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by wizkidblogger(f): 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
wordcat:
This seniority in the secondary schools should be abolished.

There's no such thing in the primary schools and no such thing in the university.

Yes. SS1 to SS 6 is OhK
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by SocialJustice: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
The school has online interface.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by enonche85(m): 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

What are you saying?...if the school is that efficient as you want us to believe, where were the hostel teachers when the beatings and bullying were ongoing?. This goes to say that the kids are left entirely to themselves at hostel because this incident happened over a long period of time and if someone was there with them in the hostel it would've been discovered.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=Daceline post=108239926][/quote]

Dear sir, leave the mob first, work very hard and build an institution as successful as Dowen perhaps until this unfortunate incident , toil and raise the kind of great children that went through Dowen successfully and today now contributing to Nation building like the late boy would have loved to be among them and come back and make this loose talk. Talk is cheap.
Awon mob gbogbo. You can't intimidate me o.
My appeal is to Dowen Alumni, they have seen both sides,while the investigation is on,the school needs and trust their solidarity while the bereaved family know their condolence is genuine,unlike yours. They can't stand aloof.
If you think Dowen or the Dowen Alumni are happy about it, do not pray to try and experience the loss to know their grief.
To destroy is easy but to build takes a lot of tremendous amount of work. Go and build something phenomenal in life first and when crisis comes,destroy all you built.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by enonche85(m): 5:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
Romanoff:
Good riddance.

They should arrest the dorm officer in charge and the school administrators as well.

Na those ones the school go sacrifice.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by elantraceey(f): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
They killed that poor boy. If they said the truth on time instead of claiming football injury, he would have been well attended to and he would be alive today.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by MaarxisGlaiback: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Pls Explain Alma Mata
Because we nid 2 understand what's really going on in that college
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

You dey mad

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kellzzyy:

You dey mad
Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti State University Reading Partners Get Married Five Years Later (Photos) / Why Is university certificate Called Bachelors Degree? / Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.