Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) (52064 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Happened: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2021
Nigerian police sealed off Dowen College as the school finally reacts to the sudden death of their students Sylvester, who was allegedly beaten to death by his school mates.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGLDN2o0kO/

Shared By: ILLIKANNU DONALD CHUKWUMA

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by chatinent: 11:17am On Dec 05, 2021
This boy's story just dey weak me down to the marrow.

Human being just wicked.

302 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2021
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.

228 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Generalkaycee(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2021
Good development.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by NwaNimo1(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2021

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by DaddyFabooluz(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2021
It's very sad the young had to pay with his life to expose the issues of bullying in secondary schools. I can't begin to narrate my experience in the boarding school I attended. May the soul of the young boy rest in peace.

199 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by TarOrfeeek: 11:28am On Dec 05, 2021
If this thing happened in Osumuofia Comprehensive Community College, NPF for done arrest the culprits and their parents by now.

They would have even arrested the Principal, Teachers and Rats that live inside the school.

But since its big men school, NPF is using plaster to seal the gate.

Nigeria na really a big Animal Farm.

331 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by wordcat(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
This seniority in the secondary schools should be abolished.

There's no such thing in the primary schools and no such thing in the university.

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Chatflick(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmm. The truth will someday come out

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by itsme01: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thanks to Sanwo-Olu, those big men get away with anything

5 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.
They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by visijo(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
Christian universities & born again secondary schools everywhere but there is no Christ in there, not even the fruit of the spirit. Just morning devotions & Wickedness in high places.�

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by saphiere(f): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Happened:
Nigerian police sealed off Dowen College as the school finally reacts to the sudden death of their students Sylvester, who was allegedly beaten to death by his school mates.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ELgordo(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gimme them 20naira them go allow you pass...

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AsomArchitectNG(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
This guy story is really pathetic and really a trying time for the parents, i pray God gives them the fortitude to bear the loss

6 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by OssyMalik: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
angry

8 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ImoleNaija: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
That is good. May the truth prevail & the wicked be made to face the law.

Emotions don't win in courts, facts do.

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Romanoff(f): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good riddance.

They should arrest the dorm officer in charge and the school administrators as well.

14 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Totally unnecessary.
Jeopardizing the education of the other students.
Knee jerk reaction is just too common in Nigeria.
What happened is sad but closing down the school is totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school alone.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Overrated833(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Sebastine1994(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by BigDawsNet: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
shocked It's a start!

Now unto the next phase

Bring in the juveniles

The folks should be arrested for more investigation

3 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by flemsy15(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
serious

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
kiss

Reactive Nigerian security agencies never proactive...always waiting to respond...this time from public outcry....thesame way the military sits back and await boko haram attacks before coming to bug us with their success at repelling the rag tag terrorist group.

3 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by HelloWriter: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
Wow!!!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.
[/s]

trash

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by KingOdart(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
This will serve as a lesson to other private schools that Ignore their responsibilities and get complacent in their duties to monitor what is going on with their students.

The school management did not want to offend the rich parents of those students that committed the crime, I pray their school go down never to rise again because of it. We worship money too much in this country

20 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Geeman2006: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Happened:

Which one is beaten to death! He was suspected to be bullied, which led to injuries that caused his death. That's how someone would read this and think they killed him inside the school.
RIP to the departed. They better investigate it to the latter & prosecute all those responsible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ignis: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
The school will be opened soonest.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by DesChyko: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
I once sought employment in this school. Was promised a call but didn't get it. Now that I emerged the NAPPS second best private school teacher in Lagos State, I think it's their loss, not mine. One thing I know I detect early and have a strong policy against is bullying.
I was a victim of that during my secondary school days and that drives me to quell it with every fibre of my being.

36 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.