Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' (33534 Views)

Idris Bello Danbazzau Dumps PDP For APC / Body Of General Idris Alkali Found In Jos / General Idris Alkali's Personal Items Found In A Pond. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by fergie001: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
The Department of State Security DSS on Sunday took into custody General Idris Bello Dambazau, Chairman, Kano state Consumer Protection Council for alleged economic sabotage.

A source close the development who do not want his name in print due to the sensitivity of the case said the Retired General was arrested for unilaterally shut down 7 filling stations in total violations of due process.

The source explained that General Idris Dambazau’s action was outside the mandate of his Agency, adding that concerted effort to make him see reasons fell on deaf ears.

He said “General Dambazau’s action was illegal and a distant pole from the powers conferred on
Consumer Protection Council.”

The impeccable source at the secret police said “Gen. Dambazau actions was an attempt to create scarcity in Kano where there was none , and we view this singular act as economics sabotage.

The DSS source further revealed that “section 48 of the Nigeria Constitution clearly abhors any Government Ministry, Department or Agency exercising power or function or taking any action which may have direct impact on Mainstream or Downstream Petroleum Operations shall consult with authority.”

The source said Gen. Dambazau failed to complied to the section prior to issuing any regulations, guidelines, enforcement order or directives”.

The DSS said “even after consulting with the relevant authority, the authority shall review the recommendations of the Government Ministry, Department or Agency and communicate decisions accordingly”.

SOURCE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by dfrost: 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
shocked shocked

Is that a national threat?

Please can someone educate an illiterate like me the functions of DSS? I'm confused.

Economic sabotage? Okay let's go there but does this I any way threaten the security of the state? fergie001 i need help here, my legal captain.

I need to know. The website might not state the full functions. sad

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Maxymilliano(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Is he related to Abdulrahman Dambazau ?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by inoki247: 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
na so every agency leave dere duty dey attend to wetin no b dere own so he learn from him oga ni...

The other day na Soldier dey arrest Yahoo boys...

10 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by poiZon: 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
This news is newsless.

8 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Ademola47(m): 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
General want them to 'settle' him before reopening the filling stations.

Btw, I used to think Posts like that are exclusively reserved for civilians.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by frustratedlife: 2:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
shocked
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by BlackfireX: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
How dare they?? Arrest our man...

Somebody must be sacked by Monday in that DSS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by bcomputer101: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Let me enlighten everyone. Many of you don't know much about the sins of this man.

This is one of those people that inflated price of food stuffs in Nigeria.
This man with his boys all over the North has direct link with northern farmers. He recruited alot of staff in making sure they buy mostly all planted rice and beans (food stuffs) directly from the farmers at cheap price.
He will now re-bag and re-band and start selling at higher price. Most northern farmers even prefer to sell to him because he pay immediately.
He buy a bag of rice at 13,700 Naira and re-sell it to southerners for 31,000 Naira.

He's one of the captain of food sabotage in Nigeria.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ok
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by LibertyRep: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
There's more to this than they're saying.

We await the full gist shortly.
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
The impeccable source at the secret police said “Gen. Dambazau actions was an attempt to create scarcity in Kano where there was none , and we view this singular act as economics sabotage.
I can't wait to get to the root of this matter.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Terrier99: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
The novice was behaving like Hisbah.
Those who put him there are also culpable for putting a General in charge of consumer protection, senseless lots. He will just be jumping about senselessly without an idea of what his role entails.

9 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by CrownOfClay724: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Lol.

Even DSS here is doing the same thing they are accusing the man of.

Yeye country.
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Atom007(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
���� wetin concern agbero with overload, person lock filling station, u arrested him with economic sabotage, na coup him plan ni? ����
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by seniormallam(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
How does that translate to a national threat to warrant DSS presence for goodness sake, everyone is confused under bubu

5 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by SAMTOBIJU(m): 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Is he not Ganduje appointee? They are tackling Ganduje from several angle

5 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Pymetrics: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
They said economic sabotage but it may be that filling stations were sabotaging consumers economically.

The big wig in the petroleum industry has used their power on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Eriokanmi: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ganduje...fighting his last fight
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Raxxye(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Is that all?
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by wpadmin: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
Following
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Kingpele(m): 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good development
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by wpadmin: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Affiliatecopy16:
.Hello All!

I have an Affiliate ebook with comprehensive video training and bonuses I risked to purchased for 50k early this year just because i wanted to change my life and it's worth it but I haven't started practicing yet because my laptop got faulty and I do not have enough money to start paying for ads to get subscribers.

The whole process was like using money to get more money.

I want to give it out for 2,500 naira.....

Note: There's a lot of proofs that I bought the package(my receipts) and proofs that I have the package to avoid every form of doubt.

Please, buy from me. I don't want to beg on nairaland, that is why I am selling something.

I'm in my final year in the university and I don't have money for my project which would be due for final submission in the next few month.

Please, Rich Nairalanders, buy from me with love.

The training package comes with:

(1) Over 200 bonuses apps you can use as incentives for your prospective subscribers.

(2) Enormous amount of emails swipes, so you don't have to be writing sale's letters. Just copy and paste.

(3) whattttsap/p me at 0_7_0_85(2)_(2)_(3)_1__45 if you're interested.

God bless youuuuuu............. ....

Can you buy a car for 4 million Naira and sell it for 1 million Naira the following week because hand is paining you to drive?

You should be arrested.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by AFRICANJAMAICA: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Daura service is more of a boys scout
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

Please can someone educate an illiterate like me the functions of DSS? I'm confused.

Economic sabotage? Okay let's go there but does this I any way threaten the security of the state? fergie001 i need help here, my legal captain.

Yes, it's part of their functions.

A weird related fact is that the US Secret Service is also responsible for catching currency counterfeiters, credit card fraud, wire fraud, etc

So in the same vein, the DSS has multiple mandates.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by Racoon(m): 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
Anothet Gandollar's tyrannical appointee.Nonsense!
Re: DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' by agabaI23(m): 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
dfrost:
shocked shocked

They should tell us what he did or whose toes he stepped on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CAN Fumes Over Tinubu’s Choice Of Running Mate / I Will Leave No Inheritance For My Children – Buhari / Borno Recruits 1,000 ‘Ninja Hunters’ With ‘Powers To Disappear’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.