Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (73170 Views)

Lifeless Body Of Man Found Hanging From A Tree In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by stamapro(m): 8:03am On Dec 06, 2021
8 children in a car died, the news get as e be
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by adanny01(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2021
dasparrow:
How come the owner of the car did not lock her car after she parked it? No one to protect the Nigerian child. People make children they cannot take care of. How unfortunate! May the little ones rest in the bosom of Elohim God Almighty.

So if i dont lock my car, i am now liable to anyone who trespasses and dies in the process? What a reasoning.

Its not like i left a rabies infected dog inside o! Even if i did, a trespasser is a trespasser.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Suntip: 8:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Oh my God; what a tragedy, the authorities should carry out a thorough investigation on this one.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Tapout(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Chai! I can imagine what they went through embarassed This child lock feature has showed me shege before as an adult. Climbing to the front of the car to open the door and get out war. By the time I did, I was already sweating. My deepest condolences to their respective families.

But 8 kids mehn, that's weird and suspicious.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 8:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html

...another tale of failed parenting. This is what happens when one isn’t conscious of his/her immediate environment. You only notice something is out of place when the need arises. RIP to the dead.
But then on the other hand, how’s a parked SUV left unlocked? We see gross negligence from adults on the regular and we feel it’s normal. Let’s be conscious of our environment, it saves lives!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Franking: 8:23am On Dec 06, 2021
siant:
oya tell me where all these are not being experienced

Mtchew
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by peeps4u: 8:35am On Dec 06, 2021
adecz:

❌❌How can this car be parked
in front of a house & for hours,
nobody saw these poor children❔❓☹️☹️☹️

The question should be directed to the parents
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by peeps4u: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2021
Albertone:

Can't the windows be wound down?
Just asking.

Did you read their ages?
And do you think a car with child lock features has manual windscreen control?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Amazinggrace71: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2021
Ulunne777:

Keep quiet! Ppl like you will kill the woman.

We were small when I and 2 friends converted an old refridgertor into a commercial bus,while at it ,it fell and clamped shut with us 3 inside it.It was providence that saved is that day coswe were suffocating already when someone who heard a thud came in and helped us out.

Kids do stupid things in the guise of play
We did this alot as kids. One old Volkswagen beetle that was parked by our neighbor was my favorite playing spot. I'm beginning to feel lucky to be alive o. Gosh
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Amazinggrace71: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2021
seunmsg:
Police better investigate this properly. The story makes absolutely no sense to me. What the fvck is happening in this country?
If you've used a modern vehicle with child lock, it will make complete sense to you. These modern vehicles are just a 2 edge sword.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by ipswitch: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2021
Oh Lord! Have mercy on us. undecidedThis is beyond us! Just see little kids. God console all.the families. Big lesson for all car owners.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Amazinggrace71: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Theunbothered:

Child lock only works on the back doors and not the front.
Does a child know that?. Even I am hearing this for the first time. If I turn off my car ac, I begin to suffocate in 1 minute. Children won't be able to think that fast.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Godbless3(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

What sort of negligence is that?

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.

Don't point a finger untill the investigation is over. The owner won't be that stupid to lock them inside infront of his house.
Its quite possible that those kids play and lock themself in.
We use to play in a spoil car in our neighourhood and sit on the stearing and doing all the stuff as if we were driving.
Its also possible some1 is behind it and know the children will come and play in there as its might not be their 1st time of opening the lexus to play inside.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by dafeoroyo: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2021
This type of incident Normally happen,I have saved 2 children under this same circumstances,they are from the same parent,they almost gave up,I did not even know what I went to do near the car in a very hot afternoon like that.thank God I was there at the nick of time
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by moyin2009: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2021
where is the car?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Golan007:

Do you understand the mechanism of childlock?

Should a car owner suffer for the negligence of parents?

Chiikdlock should trigger air conditioning or at least a fan, powered by the battery to provide ventilation.
Tesla has this feature for animals as well.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by kingscare1(m): 9:17am On Dec 06, 2021
jarx:
Kids will always be kids.

An adult would have broken one window

Please what's your purpose of requesting to send me a mail?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by justice212: 9:21am On Dec 06, 2021
This are kids they use for begging on the street.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by RillJ(m): 9:23am On Dec 06, 2021
Kids are our constant and ongoing responsibilities.

A child's innocence is can easily become his/her undoing when we fail in our responsibility to watch over them all the time.

Parenting is a full time job with out breaks, holiday or such lay-off period that allows the child to go about without been watched.

Lets do our best to watch over these little angels that the Almighty God has blessed us with, and given us the responsibility to watch over.

May the innocent souls rest in peace.

The pains of the parents and guardians are better imagined at this period.
May God grant the bereaved the fortitude to bear the loss.

Dear merciful father, have mercy on us and our loved ones always. Grant us the strength and wisdom to do the right thing at all times. Above all, where and if we fail as parents, be there for us in Jesus name.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by siant: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Franking:

Mtchew
answer my question pls, then I have a question for you
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by chukel(m): 9:37am On Dec 06, 2021
SportsHD:

I think they couldn't figure out how to disable the child lock.
front doors don't have child lock. Only rear doors
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by chukel(m): 9:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Amazinggrace71:

If you've used a modern vehicle with child lock, it will make complete sense to you. These modern vehicles are just a 2 edge sword.
no vehicle has child lock in front doors.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by stolaonipekun: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2021
I beg we needs to look inward more investigation
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by stolaonipekun: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2021
I beg we needs to look inward more investigation theyre not rat now human being oga ooo...may dre Sou continues to rest in peace
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Yankiss(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.
this kind of incidence happens often. It has happened though without casualty to me. I came in only to see my children inside my wife's honda car, sweating and crying profusely. They had entered it to play and locked themselves in. Also know that where no lock in existed most kids do not know how to open a car without assistance. The saving grace was my prompt arrival. Nobody was home. I shudder to think what would have happened if I didn't notice on time. We all need to be more vigilant. Children love vhcls a great lot. when driving out. Check under vhcl and even tyres.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by christejames(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2021
Yankiss:
this kind of incidence happens often. It has happened though without casualty to me. I came in only to see my children inside my wife's honda car, sweating and crying profusely. They had entered it to play and locked themselves in. Also know that where no lock in existed most kids do not know how to open a car without assistance. The saving grace was my prompt arrival. Nobody was home. I shudder to think what would have happened if I didn't notice on time. We all need to be more vigilant. Children love vhcls a great lot. when driving out. Check under vhcl and even tyres.

Your experience send chills down my spine...

Thank God nothing bad happened to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Amazinggrace71: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2021
chukel:
no vehicle has child lock in front doors.
They're children. They can't reason as fast as you. Besides they would be unconscious within 1 minute. Turn off your car ac and see what I'm saying
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Sleekfingers: 11:13am On Dec 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Terrible things are happening in Lagos, Don't loose guard

Rip to the dead

Na only lagos terrible things dey happen abi?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by streetzdreamz(m): 11:30am On Dec 06, 2021
tnerro1:
But child lock only affects the back doors, the front doors don’t have child lock protection
Exactly. Even if the entire vehicle was locked, the front doors should still open from inside and those kids ain't really so little not to try opening all doors. A 6 years old isn't exactly dumb or helpless in this scenario.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Johel(m): 11:44am On Dec 06, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

RIP to the dead.

Investigation will most likely yield no result in this case particularly...Na the children use their hand do themselves...I tell parents,don't leave your kids running about on the streets,playing with other kids anyhow without close supervision...Every parent should have a close eye on their kids to avoid stories that touch...Use Dbanj's case as an example...This is a case of bad parenting and negligence...RIP To the dead..
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Zidoh(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Four hours is too much to not check whereabout of kids at home. That's total neglegency from their parents. May their gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Stick Out Of Imota Cemetery, Lagos (Disturbing Pics) / What Kind Of Brutal STD/STI Can Cause This, (graphic Picture) / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.