Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) (56862 Views)

TASUED Closes School Over Clash Between Cultists And Host Community / Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / A Man Withdraws His Child From School Because Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by CastedAyo: 11:31am On Dec 06, 2021
A Nigerian man and father, Mike Ekunno, has in the light of the death of a student of Dowen College, Sylvester Oromoni, narrated how he withdrew his son from a boarding school in 2018, Igbere TV reports.

Sharing a copy of the withdrawal letter on Sunday, December 5, in a Facebook post, the man said the action was necessary as his son was bullied.

Mike revealed that he pulled the child out without allowing him to sit his promotional exams as a way to keep him alive.

The letter dated June 4, 2018, read in part: “My son, Ifesinachi, 10, is an intelligent is a bold and a free-spirited boy. His mother and I are shocked at the transformation of his personality since enrolling in your school at the start of this academic session. He has suddenly turned timorous, scared and fidgety, apart from losing about 10kg from his entry level of 50kg…”

The man towards the tail-end of the letter identified the seniors who have been bullying his son. He gave their names as David, Paul, Charles, and Ebuka all in senior secondary school two.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10226535435082036&id=1530534549

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Shetemi12(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2021
If this is really the normal norm in the school, the school leadership should be arrested and prosecuted. All reasonable parents should withdraw their children from the school and Ministry of Education should go to other boarding house and talk to those seniors because that's the thread in boarding house. Na who Dem catch be thief!

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by BKayy: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
No matter how we put it, we can never absolve careless parents from the blame.

Look at this considerate parent, he noticed something and he took action because he pays close attention to his ward.

There has never been a bully taken too far without it showing signs on the child. The parent if he/she pays attention will notice it in any break or visiting sessions. It is when the parent neglects the sign that we have serious cases.
Funny is that some parents don't know that their child is being bullied. This reminds me of the woman that have been fighting deeper life school for months now, many people think that she is overreacting but the truth is that she pays close attention to her child, noticed the danger and took action immediately. If not, her son would have been part of those that died from boarding school insanity this year.

Parents should pay attention to their children.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by gentle136(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
Very good action.

Some of these problems na we parents dey cause them! We fail to observe, give listening hear or even pay attention to our God given children. It's only when we give them time to confide in us we get to know about things they are going through.

Dear parents, we need to be very heedful of our kids.

175 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Asgard73: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
The school sef..
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Waakanda: 12:21pm On Dec 06, 2021
Now that's a concerned parent who took necessary action. You did well.

114 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by FarahAideed: 12:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
I have always said the Nigerian Boarding house system is where we all pick up this self centered survivalist mentality from

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by tooth4tooth: 12:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
A stitch in time..... Wise dude.
I have never at any point in time be a fan of boarding school undecided

Most of my friends are that attended boarding schools turned out to be something else, even girls.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by OssyMalik: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding schools have turned to home for children from dysfunctional homes. They go to boarding schools and become violent against well trained kids.

Say NO to boarding schools!!!

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by kovic7(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
Now, that's how a parent who is really concerned about his/her kid should act...

Sadly, the parents of Sylvester were too negligent and the young boy paid the price..

Dammmm niggarrr
Isoright

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Pasmos: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Personally I see no reason why parents should throw away their kids all in the name of " l am a busy parent" life is all about balancing. Let your learn both formal and informal education as this will help both the school and parents checkmate the activity of the child. My five Kobo.
CastedAyo:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10226535435082036&id=1530534549

Lalasticlala

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Mrevildoer(m): 1:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
Whatever makes him happy. What's more important is that the child is still alive

A parent that paid attention to their child's wellbeing

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Randy100: 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
Congratulations, you saved him from dying. I hope you school him at home.
This is how they train weak ass men.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Bvmsson(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Thank God we are finally being aware of some wrongs in our society..... So, parents are getting to listen to their kids now abi? Well, this is good... We don dey get sense.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
THAT IS A WISE AND RESPONSIBLE PARENTangry
WHEN YU NOTICE CLEARLY ANYTHING FISHY AT YOUR KID'S SCHOOL YU ACT FAST.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Robisky001(m): 2:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
I like the proactive approach these parents took to forestall further damage to their son's wellbeing. Parents out should be sensitive and bold enough to take decisive action when needed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by DropsMic(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
Cool
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Charmingrascal(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
Some of us that attended public schools didn't really experience bullying. I remember on several occasions at United Community Secondary School that I attended, all the senior students that bullied any junior student were dealt with by the junior students when the school closed by 2pm.

I remember when JSS 3 students fought SS3 students because they were bullying us. For no reason they would come to our class and beat everybody and term it "general beating" we endured for a while, we reported them to the Principal but nothing was done until the day we had a meeting to confront them, they came and we resisted, it was a serious fight that we were all told to go home by the Principal.

I can't imagine me paying over One Million Naira or even 500k for my child education and s/he will come and report to me that someone is bullying him/her.

God forbid, if the late Sylvester was my child or relative I would have killed somebody. It could be the school principal, hall master, parents of those who he accused of assaulting him or the accused persons themselves.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Dronedude(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding school is just a rip off of peoples money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Danjikanbauchi: 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
It's turn by turned.

We were bullied when we enter school,

And when they make us prefect in our senior level we also bullied others, who will also bullied those behind them.

The problem is that children of this days are all ajibota, eating indomie day and night.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by delzbaba(m): 3:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Back in the old days sending a child to boarding school was a type of punishment to the child, nothing is there just tears,hunger, sickness and psychological trauma

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Toluwanise247(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by stamapro(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
It takes God's grace to survive bulling in school. I was a victim. I did boarding, was bullied by my seniors and class mates just because I was small in size and sharp in brain. I still remember one of such time that I was pushed to the wall by one of the senior, I had to charge back in a face to face fight, all the seniors there were surprised how I brought this bully(their classmate) to the ground. My God I was so furious, I still can't say where the strength came from. That was my saving grace that day. They had to pull me off him. That was the beginning of another night mare for me till I finished secondary school.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by weslay: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Best to get him schooling at home and keep him away from other kids. Cos bullies are everywhere from schools private+boarding, churches and even in homes.

Our society has permitted this misconduct for too long. Most parents praise their kids who can't keep their hands to themselves... You hear parents chanting about how strong their kids are, when their kids go about hitting people, instead of scolding such behaviours.

This is the main reason cultism thrives in our school system, because there is always a need for protection and vengeance.

We are all part of the problem. We need to change the way we raise children and how we relate with ourselves. We also need to speak up against any form of bullying, because the victims today might become oppressors tomorrow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by GboyegaD(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
Trying to understand why he had to share this news. Glad he took his best decision for his ward but he needs not come rub it in others faces.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by Favemmzar200(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
The fear of boarding school is now the beginning of wisdom

Sad cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by verosem: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
This thing is getting out of hands in boarding schools oh. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by omoadeleye(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nice
Re: Man Withdraws His Kid From Boarding School Over Bullying (Pics) by ImoleNaija: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Boarding schools & brouhaha are like 5&6.

Seniors would bully.
Paedo-staff would assault.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schools Reopening: FG To Roll Out Policy / Nigerian Family, The Imafidon Family Is The UK's Smartest Family (pictures) / Father Emmanuel Edeh Celebrates His 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.