Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? (29535 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? / 10 Things To Take Note Off When Building Your First House Plan / Nigerian Couple Buys Their First House 2 Years After Moving To Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sam2310:
congrats sir.
please what is the range of cost of this?

The truth is that. It’s sometimes hard to calculate how much you spent for the whole project. But I could say 20M to 25M. Depending on your taste and the finishing.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Omonigeriarere:

This is how many bedroom flats?

Three bedrooms flat En-suite
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
luluosas:
It was Savings from my place of work, and the building � is still under construction 8 years after, because no more money to complete it.
Honestly, this wasn't my thoughts when I laid the foundation in 2013,but I have resigned to fate, waiting for God's blessings and surprises this 2022.
It is truly painful seeing people you started building � before they even bought their land, who are now in their own homes, and yet yours is still not completed.
More painful is the fact that you are the only one whose building � is not completed in your street. In fact, this has actually prevented me from visiting my site for the past one year.
May God bless me to complete the house in Jesus name. Amen.

NB: I am done with block work, remaining roofing which is the major issue. I can pack into the house without maintenance, provided there's roof over my head. It is well

Bro no relent everything go set. Always be thankful. Some people no get money to eat talkless is buying a land. Once you put your mind on the project. Everything go make sense soon. ✌️

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by odimbannamdi(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
luluosas:
It was Savings from my place of work, and the building � is still under construction 8 years after, because no more money to complete it.
Honestly, this wasn't my thoughts when I laid the foundation in 2013,but I have resigned to fate, waiting for God's blessings and surprises this 2022.
It is truly painful seeing people you started building � before they even bought their land, who are now in their own homes, and yet yours is still not completed.
More painful is the fact that you are the only one whose building � is not completed in your street. In fact, this has actually prevented me from visiting my site for the past one year.
May God bless me to complete the house in Jesus name. Amen.

NB: I am done with block work, remaining roofing which is the major issue. I can pack into the house without maintenance, provided there's roof over my head. It is well

Where is your building located?

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by AfroAgroPower: 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Still on it despite all my bombing and key boarding
Building a house is not childs play....let me share my experience once more....that shit ain't easy....respect to any niggar way don build house

Building a house is not funny and easy... i start one last two years because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there

Lmao. You made my day.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by AfroAgroPower: 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2021
hmhameed:

Bro no relent everything go set. Always be thankful. Some people no get money to eat talkless is buying a land. Once you put your mind on the project. Everything go make sense soon. ✌️

True. Thanks for cheering him up.

These are traits we need on here more often as a people. smiley

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by AfroAgroPower: 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
Bases:
Except the Lord build the house...

Oga ooo....eheeee!! grin
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Optimistguy1969: 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2021
Investorozay:

OK
Send me a pm
Can I send too?
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by AfroAgroPower: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
HornyTave:
Building a house ain't very difficult except you want a mansion as your first house.
One thing I've understood about real estate, no matter where your land is, development will reach there so instead of buying Expensive land with limited Cash, its advisable to buy Land at developing areas, lands in these areas are very cheap.
Secondly planning is everything, you dont need to kill yourself all in the name of ' I want to build House ', one system is to divide the work loads in section. You can decide to build normal 3 bedroom flats. 45 bags of cement blocks would be needed. moulding 25 bags in a calendar year means in 2 years you've gotten all the blocks needed, then next, you save up for foundation, sand filling etc....

House no really hard to build, na laziness coupled with pride make Papa Emeka still be tenant after all his years in the City.

Too much Truths.

People should also endeavour to build their homes with Containers and Woods (Hard and Soft).

These are Cheaper Avenues with Great Aesthetics.

These are what people in developed countries utilizes these days in building their homes.

Smarter people in Abuja and on The Island in Lekki are also doing so.

Instead of putting in 20 - 30 Million Naira to build your first house, With just 10million Naira, you can build yourself a Conducive home with 21st century Facilities when you go with Container and Wooden Structures.

Affordability, Simplicity and Sophistication are paramount...
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by saydfact(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
I saved for it...

With only about 1% of the
total spent coming from short term loan from family members..

Most loan were paid back in a month.

See my signature for why
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Oppy2k2: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2021
I was able to build a three bedroom apartments through borrowing money from cooperatives. It took me three years to complete it.

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Investorozay: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Optimistguy1969:

Can I send too?

Okay
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by zyzxx(m): 2:39pm On Dec 19, 2021
wunmi590:

Honestly, I have not even started at all, my problem is that, I don't want to rush and build my house, because I want to make my forever home more and over comfortable, that I won't be looking back in 5years to rebuild something else...

ah, what kind of thinking is this!! That your first home, you will build another one, forever ke
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Brighfuture(f): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2021
My business

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Sam2310(m): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
hmhameed:

The truth is that. It’s sometimes hard to calculate how much you spent for the whole project. But I could say 20M to 25M. Depending on your taste and the finishing.
sir, I'm asking of the overhead tank and the steel house that hold the tanks
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2021
Sam2310:
sir, I'm asking of the overhead tank and the steel house that hold the tanks

* The ska folding (steel house) is 140k ( the price depends on the height of the ska folding, this one in particular is the full length of the pipe)
* First tank 2000 liters 68k
* Second tank 1500 litters 50k

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by McTobe(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
My brother I don’t know why people think that some achievements are so high that they cannot make it. House as far as I am concerned is just a basic, there are greater things to pursue in life. He does not know that just one small contract or percentage from a deal that he help to click have built a three bedroom bungalow for him and he as much as lowered himself to one room and sitting room as a heritage. He must change the people that he stays with, places he visits and a lot about himself in order to change his thought stream
kaymart:

Tell him o...
I was shocked that I didn't know how to advice him....so I locked up.
It's a dangerous thinking.
Imagine, if in the future, one of his sisters decide to show interest, he go kill am be that nau.
Or if later on, he learnt that the father has a son elsewhere...what will he do? Haven wasted so much time making his brain idle

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Elxandre(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
kaymart:

Pls, can u elucidtae more on this point of yours?
Pls oblige me .. thanks
I meant building a residential house might be the best choice if you're still struggling to even live.
I believe investing the money in a biz might be better especially for a young person.

However, Nigerian landlords frustrate people so I'm beginning to understand why people do such.
Right now our pumping machine has issues and I'm just thinking of going to build too. Lmao.

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Aburada: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
manee2:

Bomb India and finish your project Asap _ Thank me later grin
boss how e be? Which update dey that side abeg
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Hkff: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
Work offcourse
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by odimbannamdi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
hmhameed:

* The ska folding (steel house) is 140k ( the price depends on the height of the ska folding, this one in particular is the full length of the pipe)

Between casting and usage of scaffolds to install overhead tanks, which of them is cheaper and provides better value of money from the perspective of durability and reduction in the risks of falls?

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by TBolaitan(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Reasons to invest in real estate �
1.Real Estate Values Usually Appreciate
If you invest in a home for long enough, chances are it will appreciate. While things happen, like the housing crisis of 2008, they aren’t common. Most of the time, buildings and land appreciates, making your investment worth more than you paid for it.

2.Steady Cash Flow
Owning real estate is a way to boost your monthly income. Whether you invest in commercial real estate or residential, you can rent out your space to tenants. You’ll then receive monthly income in the form of rent checks. Just be careful: You’ll need to research the payment histories of your tenants if you want to reduce the chance that these tenants will one day stop paying their rent.

3.Great Returns
If the real estate you own increases in value over time, you can sell it for a solid profit. Remember, though: Appreciation isn’t guaranteed. You’ll need to invest in the right property to see those big returns.

4.Long-Term Security
Real estate is a long-term investment, meaning you can hold it for several years as you wait for it to appreciate. At the same time, if you rent out your real estate you can earn monthly income while you wait for your property’s value to rise.

5.Tax Advantages
Investing in real estate comes with tax benefits. You can deduct several expenses associated with owning an investment property, including your property taxes, mortgage interest, property management fee

6.. Passive Income
Investment properties bring much-desired passive income, that which you don’t have to work for every day. Say you charge rent on a single-family or multifamily property. The rent checks that come in each month are an example of passive income

So what are you waiting for...... increase your wealth through real estate investment
Call now to reserve your slot
Call:+2349025462416
WhatsApp:+2348127588833
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Sam2310(m): 6:27pm On Dec 19, 2021
hmhameed:

thanks u.
more of this sir.

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by chigomiced: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
@okoroemeka

This your story surpose get part 2

How did you survive after selling all your birds..

Show us the way Sir �

okoroemeka:
i really agree with you on that,I was still living in my papa house when my father's second wife chance me and my babe as my mother is dead I decided that day to build a house and pack out,it was August and I completed the house by 15th December,it was a two bedroom bungalow with all facilities inside,I am a poultry farmer then and I had roughly 700-800 old layers that are ready to be sold when the insult came,I sold them #1500 each and started the project without stopping,it was around 2007 when one bag of cement was #800 naira and one carton of tiles was #1000 naira.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Philipsdael(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
AfroAgroPower:

Too much Truths.

People should also endeavour to build their homes with Containers and Woods (Hard and Soft).

These are what people in developed countries utilizes these days in building their homes.

Instead of putting in 20 - 30 Million Naira to build your first house, With just 10million Naira, you can build yourself a Conducive home with 21st century Facilities when you go with Container and Wooden Structures.

I do see it in Hollywood movies but its not that durable like the block houses ...
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
Optimistguy1969:

And I will be mentored from scratch?
I really need to learn and start making money.
She is not cheap but she knows her onions very well. I read her story on Facebook.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Badadvisor: 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
AfroAgroPower:

Too much Truths.

Is it as durable as houses built with cement?
If you can create a thread on this I'm sure alot of nairalanders would be really interested in this topic
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Sam2310(m): 9:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Between casting and usage of scaffolds to install overhead tanks, which of them is cheaper and provides better value of money from the perspective of durability and reduction in the risks of falls?
please tag me incase u fine an answer to this. Thanks u

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
odimbannamdi:

I believe steel scaffolding is more durable and cheap concern the high cost materials this days. As long as the welder used a strong material.
It’s going to cost you lots of money to have a good and strong concrete scaffolding and despite that. You still gonna need to tile most part of the concrete scaffolding to avoid water weaken it. That requires lots of money.
Concrete is costly and require lots of maintenance while steel is cheap, durable and require less maintenance as long as the pipe is strong (tick).

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Abujaexpress: 9:25pm On Dec 19, 2021
To God be all glory. I started my three Bedrooms bungalow all ensuit in February, 2020 with the 5m I had with me. I just wanted to build a comfortable apartment and to break a jinx as non of my immediate family members had built any house in the community.

I knew that the 5m would not be able to complete a house of my dream, but I just had to start believing that God would complete it.

I prayed and consulted and I was convinced that the hand of God was on the project, as He was leading me all through every stage of the project.
The stealing of my materials my workers couldn't stop the building.

To the glory of God, I completed the building within 8 months,even during COVID-19 locked down, the project was on going. At a point when the 5m got finished, which happened after roofing and windows already installed, I asked God to make a way. Incidentally, I was newly introduced to crypto trading. After some losses to some fraudulent crypto investment, I gradually got mastery of the crypto trade. I invested the little change I had and the money someone kept in my custody. My fellow Nairalanders, I made good money from the investment. I completed the house, every where tiled, every POP ceiling, I did screening of the whole house, install the best electrical fittings, the best plumbing fittings with water heater in my room and my wife's room.
In fact, the way and speed of building, coupled with the quality of the materials and standard of the house built by a young boy that no member of his family had ever built or owed a house in the community made my story sweet and a talk of the community.

Beer parlour gossipers as well as scores counting in the village rated my house as the 4th best house in an area where we have a lot of richer people.

Till today, the house portrays me someone that has arrived or made it. The house also made me to discover good and bad friends and also created a burden (people were now looking unto me with endless requests to meet their needs).

By and large, I give God glory.

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by AIT1(m): 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2021
henrixx:
damn. building is not easy. especially the interior. completed my first one this year in an industrial area. built from mini importation buisiness and diesel supply contracts to a company. as a first timer there are prices of so many things you won't know. and you'll pay for your ignorance. them go chop you. stealing from site too. cement missing, roofing sheet, binding wires etc. experience was worth it. I used it to learn sha

now I've got the experience and next year I'm targeting another.

Boss, can you teach me mini importation please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cheapest Places To Live In Lagos For NYSC Corpers / Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m / Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56