Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? (29546 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? / 10 Things To Take Note Off When Building Your First House Plan / Nigerian Couple Buys Their First House 2 Years After Moving To Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2021
AfroAgroPower:

Too much Truths.

People should also endeavour to build their homes with Containers and Woods (Hard and Soft).

These are Cheaper Avenues with Great Aesthetics.

These are what people in developed countries utilizes these days in building their homes.

Smarter people in Abuja and on The Island in Lekki are also doing so.

Instead of putting in 20 - 30 Million Naira to build your first house, With just 10million Naira, you can build yourself a Conducive home with 21st century Facilities when you go with Container and Wooden Structures.

Affordability, Simplicity and Sophistication are paramount...

But did you consider the safety and the security aspect of it. You’re talking about developed country where there is maximum security and where every properties are valued and protected as much as people’s lives.
Concrete buildings are not even safer talkless of containers padded with woods. We never reach that stage for Nigeria
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Emmahunk(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2021
I love your honesty. Who no go no know
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by odimbannamdi(m): 10:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
hmhameed:

I believe steel scaffolding is more durable and cheap concern the high cost materials this days. As long as the welder used a strong material.
It’s going to cost you lots of money to have a good and strong concrete scaffolding and despite that. You still gonna need to tile most part of the concrete scaffolding to avoid water weaken it. That requires lots of money.
Concrete is costly and require lots of maintenance while steel is cheap, durable and require less maintenance as long as the pipe is strong (tick).

Thanks for the response.

CC: Sam2310

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by boldking(m): 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
Differentiate:

Ziniooshaa is my Instagram handle give me a hundred followers RN if you're for real.

Message my WhatsApp
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by boldking(m): 11:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Drone95:
let's talk bro

O8o.3.8.2114.27
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by ITbomb(m): 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
luluosas:

May God bless me to complete the house in Jesus name. Amen.

NB: I am done with block work, remaining roofing which is the major issue. I can pack into the house without maintenance, provided there's roof over my head. It is well
Amen

From experience, 3 stages of building is challenging and involves bulk money
1. Foundation
2. Roofing
3. Soakaway /plumbing

You may also include windows and protectors (burglary) for security but I have seen people living with just net on the windows

Other stages, you may decide to do one part or room by room finishing as money enters

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by IjebuWarrior: 3:34am On Dec 20, 2021
Omorefe1975:
When grace speak your little effort will yield abundance.

Drm don come again ooo... angry
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 20, 2021
ITbomb:

Amen

From experience, 3 stages of building is challenging and involves bulk money
1. Foundation
2. Roofing
3. Soakaway /plumbing

You may also include windows and protectors (burglary) for security but I have seen people living with just net on the windows

Other stages, you may decide to do one part or room by room finishing as money enters
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by boldking(m): 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
[quote author=Coolgent post=108621123][/quote]

Never
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2021
wink
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by luluosas(m): 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2021
It's in Benin City, Edo State, Ikpoba Okha LGA. God will see me through by His grace.
odimbannamdi:

Where is your building located?
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by luluosas(m): 11:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Amen. Thanks so much for your encouragement.
hmhameed:

Bro no relent everything go set. Always be thankful. Some people no get money to eat talkless is buying a land. Once you put your mind on the project. Everything go make sense soon. ✌️

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by luluosas(m): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2021
Yes sir. Thanks so much for your kind advice. I am very grateful.
LettyLayo:
Oga you are not in competition with anyone. Roof one side pack enter

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by luluosas(m): 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
Wow! Great advice. Thanks so much
HornyTave:

Dont get quotation from wood market / sew mills, get quotation from Bush Operators.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by luluosas(m): 6:42am On Dec 22, 2021
Let's learn to maintain privacy please especially when we are not invited. Thank you
Optimistguy1969:

Can I send too?
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2021
luluosas:
Yes sir. Thanks so much for your kind advice. I am very grateful.
wink
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by empressSkincare(f): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
osazsky:
una don start again.
Bros take am easy..u are not the only one selling perfume and cream relax oga..i take God beg u..its a public forum
before you accuse people of lying, try and get to know their truth first!
Check the thread on my SIGNATURE to see how as a major distributor of Designer perfume OILS i distribute to different parts of the country and abroad, also see how people are buying it in cartons then you'll understand what I was on about!

P.S. I'm a woman not your Bros grin

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Pascopele: 5:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Brighfuture:
My business
what type of business
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by olamilarks(m): 9:54am On Dec 11, 2022
Adexvivacity:
I bought my land and started building house without having shop but attached to someone doing my handwork.....I am now a boss with my shop....The house is 85% completed
Sorry to intrude, what business are you into sir?

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by QuinModah(f): 11:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
olamilarks:
Sorry to intrude, what business are you into sir?
Good question
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by kaybobo200: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2023
Self deprivations of many things
If you are not a high income earner or from wealthy home:
1. Buy affordable land in a developing area
2. Start by buying sands on the land as money enters your hand
3. Mould blocks yourself don’t go for ready made
4. Have a simple plan, the more the corners the more roofing expenses
5. Engage reasonable bricklayers
6. Supervise the work yourself or by close relatives: some bricklayers are dubious
7.Any extra money goes to the site
8. Cut off womanizing, gambling, excessive drinking and purchase of unnecessary items
9. Do not compromise standards as you may end up spending double
10. Always look unto God, He is the one that builds house for someone without making it difficult

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m / Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant / Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider