Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? (29543 Views)

How Did You Fund Building Of Your First Duplex & How Long Did It Take? / 10 Things To Take Note Off When Building Your First House Plan / Nigerian Couple Buys Their First House 2 Years After Moving To Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Bifwoli: 4:06am On Dec 19, 2021
Investorozay:
Online trading
Are you lying ? Drop the provable records of your trades here?
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:48am On Dec 19, 2021
My two bedroom twin flat wey don reach linter level with half fence and borehole dey dere dey look me like TV for 3years now.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by akpunda86: 5:07am On Dec 19, 2021
Ademola47:
As a matter of importance, housing/accommodation/shelter comes second in the list of basic human needs.

To cap it, in the emergence of ever-increasing rent fees and unexpected quit notice, most people strive to build their own house (as fast as possible) to be safe.

Without talking much, Landlords/Landladies on Nairaland, how did you get money to build your first house.

To God be the glory .Salary job Good and bad.I did my first consultancy job with Fed govt,wow the payment was awesome I rushed my my house with all my payment from foundation bf I got stuck.Not easy ohh I stopped,the consultancy opened my eyes,I entered contracting luckily got some jobs completed and roofed.Not easy as buying new clothes all dat period no easy.

My firm open for partnership Dou have an uncle, brother or relative a rector,provost,vice chancellor or head of MDA or govt parastal or CMD of any teaching hospital DM we can do business together.Happy Sunday
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by computersoft: 5:47am On Dec 19, 2021
LOVEGINO:
My two bedroom twin flat wey don reach linter level with half fence and borehole dey dere dey look me like TV for 3years now.
U did not plan it well before u started.But God will help u shaa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Munzy14(m): 5:55am On Dec 19, 2021
PremierOla:
Getting my land next year by God's grace. That's my first agenda
This agenda must agend next year..
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by lereinter(m): 5:57am On Dec 19, 2021
The same way buhari got money to collect presidential form
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Roysnickz: 5:59am On Dec 19, 2021
EmekaMD:
6 bedroom apartment all en suit. Still on it.
Source of finance? Usdt p2p
Good one. Please, how can I contact you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by timi4mayo(m): 6:00am On Dec 19, 2021
Dmacqh:

Which something legit that will cough out at least quarter a million monthly , considering Nigeria economy ? I’m interested
Bet9ja
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by InHeaven(m): 6:02am On Dec 19, 2021
You're brilliant though I detest what you do for living.

Even to be a successful scammer, brilliance is required.

How I wish you divert this your brilliance to something more LEGAL, you will definitely Excel man.

THINK ABOUT IT
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Still on it despite all my bombing and key boarding
Building a house is not childs play....let me share my experience once more....that shit ain't easy....respect to any niggar way don build house

Building a house is not funny and easy... i start one last two years because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by ilyasom(m): 6:11am On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=2ndchildhood post=108618074]Omo I de continue from where my father stop oo.. dey man try for me, I no go lie.. last 4years when things been bad for my pale, old man begin reason to leave us for Kogi and start his furniture business in Abuja since yaya Bello don cripple Kogi na, no work again, and family gatz survive.. that was when he bought one land in one Kabusa village. I drew plan for him, one bedroom flat, very portable(parlor, one room, toilet and kitchen).
He collected loan begin build small small, roof am put entrance door and window, still looking for money to continue, Omo na im God come bless am with federal government job for one polytechnic for Kogi o, his work is even 20 minutes walk from our family house. and he go serve for at least

I love your story bro. Nice one. Congrats to your dad
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Elidrisy20: 6:12am On Dec 19, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Which of the bitcoin?
Colorado & Arizona

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by hmhameed(m): 6:14am On Dec 19, 2021
Kudos to my dad. He always pursue me whenever I get small change. Perhaps he is also my site engineer. First one done. Working on the second one.

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by dmahn(m): 6:21am On Dec 19, 2021
77up:
I have never seen anyone in that criminal lifestyle thinking straight, they will never consider your costly advice. For the fact that this one in particular is very shameless to make it known to all that he's into online fraud, bombing is very sickening and shows he's very low.

Stop the habit of condemning people. Things are hard. Not in support of illegal acts, Most of them have tried almost everything in life... Life isn't fair.. No dey condemn oo
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Spherical77(m): 6:34am On Dec 19, 2021
2ndchildhood:
Omo I de continue from where my father stop oo.. dey man try for me, I no go lie.. last 4years when things been bad for my pale, old man begin reason to leave us for Kogi and start his furniture business in Abuja since yaya Bello don cripple Kogi na, no work again, and family gatz survive.. that was when he bought one land in one Kabusa village. I drew plan for him, one bedroom flat, very portable(parlor, one room, toilet and kitchen).
He collected loan begin build small small, roof am put entrance door and window, still looking for money to continue, Omo na im God come bless am with federal government job for one polytechnic for Kogi o, his work is even 20 minutes walk from our family house. and he go serve for at least 20somthing years..
Am the 1st child and the only son. I don finish school, serve finish, and in Abuja hustling hard on site.. so guys, to me I don get house oo. Make God just bless me make I finish am, then begin reason business wey I fit start for that location, then begin reason family on my own.

My people, how Una see this hard ground wey God pour water for me so
You don't own that house sir. It's your family house.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by sylve11: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2021
HornyTave:
Building a house ain't very difficult except you want a mansion as your first house.
One thing I've understood about real estate, no matter where your land is, development will reach there so instead of buying Expensive land with limited Cash, its advisable to buy Land at developing areas, lands in these areas are very cheap.
Secondly planning is everything, you dont need to kill yourself all in the name of ' I want to build House ', one system is to divide the work loads in section. You can decide to build normal 3 bedroom flats. 45 bags of cement blocks would be needed. moulding 25 bags in a calendar year means in 2 years you've gotten all the blocks needed, then next, you save up for foundation, sand filling etc....

House no really hard to build, na laziness coupled with pride make Papa Emeka still be tenant after all his years in the City.

Hmmm cool
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Mvena(f): 6:37am On Dec 19, 2021
Daguccizgreat:
You sure sey you well so ? You just made me laugh hard
Aww! Making people laugh is what I do

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by EmekaMD(m): 6:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Roysnickz:

Good one. Please, how can I contact you?
why do you need to contact me sir?
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by sylve11: 6:54am On Dec 19, 2021
QuinModah:
wink

Let me add my 2 cents.

When you want to buy a land make sure you are buying from genuine people

You can never build it in a year, ensure you have a steady income and money set put to meet the building requirements

Foundation first ensure it done properly, don't rush it depending on the area water logged area you need a lot of money to do a very good foundations

I built my first house with transportation business (it's a goldmine people don't know), it wasn't easy but today I can boast of one in Ikorodu, Asaba, Benin, Abuja and Ogun.

Its not easy to build, many that started with me, sold their off when they had challenge, or couldn't finish it up.

Mind sharing more information about the transportation business? cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by kaliboi94(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2021
LILTJAY1:
Waiting for cursed igbos to come and lie grin grin

Yoruba demon �
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by kaymart: 7:07am On Dec 19, 2021
McTobe:
Clean that way of thinking and reason higher. I am seriously serious: Don’t underestimate what you can achieve... aim higher
Tell him o...
I was shocked that I didn't know how to advice him....so I locked up.
It's a dangerous thinking.
Imagine, if in the future, one of his sisters decide to show interest, he go kill am be that nau.
Or if later on, he learnt that the father has a son elsewhere...what will he do? Haven wasted so much time making his brain idle

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by kaymart: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2021
Elxandre:
Nigerians build residential houses with money that should be invested. cry
I've been infected too though. My own house dey hungry me. Still wouldn't advise borrowing and scraping to build.
Pls, can u elucidtae more on this point of yours?
Pls oblige me .. thanks
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by HornyTave: 7:15am On Dec 19, 2021
okoroemeka:
i really agree with you on that,I was still living in my papa house when my father's second wife chance me and my babe as my mother is dead I decided that day to build a house and pack out,it was August and I completed the house by 15th December,it was a two bedroom bungalow with all facilities inside,I am a poultry farmer then and I had roughly 700-800 old layers that are ready to be sold when the insult came,I sold them #1500 each and started the project without stopping,it was around 2007 when one bag of cement was #800 naira and one carton of tiles was #1000 naira.

I'm also a farmer, you put me through Cucumber in 2018 December. Cement is now expensive but I'm,doing small small.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by HornyTave: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2021
deepwater:

Bro development never got to badagry.....

Despite being where the whites beached at first

Development will reach there. if you can buy and secure it, buy.
In 80s, Agbor Park to bypass in Benin were forests, Right now lands along the road cost up to 20m.
Even Egba we were calling farm land in 2015, Land per plot right now is above 1.8m.
Even the place I bought early this year, the price has doubled in December.
If you can buy, do buy to avoid living in Lagos with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by 2ndchildhood(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2021
ImoleNaija:

Only son abi only child? Don't tell me you automatically inherit the building because you're the first child & only son.
If you aren't the only child, kindly do away with such mentality, it would only make you look stupid to not only your sisters but also the world.
I ain't stupid, I didn't automatically inherit it.. He told himself to take over the completion and start a life there. My two siblings will be getting married soon, next yr and maybe next 2, are they living their husband house to come drag with me, they are not even like that, they don't care, they already see it as mine. Old man already has 5bedroom which they are all living comfortably in.. so I don't know how going to live in my own father's house wher I have his permission to take over make me an idiot to the world. And is not as if am limited there but for a start. Do you think it's easy paying rent in Abuja?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by ibechris(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2021
[s][/s] grin sad cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by 2ndchildhood(m): 7:39am On Dec 19, 2021
Spherical77:
You don't own that house sir. It's your family house.
its true sir. Its not mine
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by GoldenqueenC(f): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Not yet there, but by 2022 I will have a land in my name.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Johel(m): 7:51am On Dec 19, 2021
Ademola47:
As a matter of importance, housing/accommodation/shelter comes second in the list of basic human needs.

To cap it, in the emergence of ever-increasing rent fees and unexpected quit notice, most people strive to build their own house (as fast as possible) to be safe.

Without talking much, Landlords/Landladies on Nairaland, how did you get money to build your first house.

I rather buy a house....I can't stand the general stress of building.... Building a house ain't no joke either big or small....Respect to those who've made it in life for good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Caseywilliams(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2021
Ademola47:

I know say e no easy at all but 2022 anyhow wey e wan be make e be, I'm gonna be doing the needful...just a four bedroom apartment no go bad. but omoh just 10 trips of sand and 50 bags of cement when i just chook mouth for base on make i use start dey mould block for foundation level money Don almost finish for my account like this... anyway e no easy shaaa but oluwa go run for us.
Re: How Did You Get Money To Build Your First House? by Broveens42(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2021
QuinModah:
The question is hope you have a steady income. Once you buy, please fence it immediately.

From experience, I don't advice people to fence if they are really serious to build.
The only way you can be motivated to build your house no matter how long it takes is to start your foundation.

That joy when you see it coming up gradually from dpc to window level is unquantifiable.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Built 3bedroom Terrace House At Lekki Phase II Gardens @21.5m / Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant / Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.