Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52466 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2010
@ A-40 goodluck with serving, work is great currently running oracle on RHEL on VMware, I.T. is heading towards virtualization and its already big in the western world @olaadegbu really? how do we contact?cant seem to find PM here on nairaland
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2010
A-40:

Go and write that exam Mami! Ahn ahn so if you no see dumps you no go write am??

i don't want to take any risk jor. BTW where were you posted to?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by GREATAWOG(m): 10:27am On Jul 07, 2010
I think if one is interacting with database ,installed on various machine like four machine with database on each,from remote terminal. it will look like as if one it is interacting with those database on the same machine or remote terminal. The database may be named as ora01.ora02,0ra03 and so on.
But the configuration of TNS on the remote terminal will specify which machine one is connecting to.
eg
conn debo/debo@debodb.com .The connecting String debodb.com on the TNS of the remote terminal may specify connection to ora02 hosted by mchine 2.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by GREATAWOG(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2010
helllo guy, let us talk on how one can develop marketable application packages not only certifications
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by kkbear(m): 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2010
Hello,i need help with my Oracle certification hierarchy.I wrote Oracle 11g: SQL fundamentals 1 sometimes this year but i have a feeling i may have written an exam that has little relevance when the Oracle certifications are mentioned.anyone got an idea if the exam i wrote is higher or lesser to OCA? undecided
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by JFrame: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2010
kkbear : your Oracle 11g SQL Fundamentals I is good, it shows you have SQL skills for interacting with relational database such as Oracle, while OCA shows that you have foundation administrative skills for managing an Oracle Database. I will recomend you acquire PL/SQL and Oracle DB 11g OCP skills.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by GREATAWOG(m): 3:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ON ORACLE PLATFORM
CONTACT ME ON AWODEBONG@YAHOO.COM OR 08057001784
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2010
dominique:

i don't want to take any risk jor. BTW where were you posted to?

Na Ondo dem trowey me go wey i wan quench tongue tongue practically missed camp. Been trying to redeploy on some heavy health grounds sha i should know my fate next week. I am sure you are yet to write that exam hola at me lemme be your study tutor/partner grin grin

jimblaze:

@ A-40 goodluck with serving, work is great currently running oracle on RHEL on VMware, I.T. is heading towards virtualization and its already big in the western world @olaadegbu really? how do we contact?cant seem to find PM here on nairaland
Lol i dunno too much about virtualization but i would read up on it. Obviously pooling and clustering of resources is pretty what everyone is trying to do now
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 9:16am On Aug 09, 2010
@ A-40 the Lord bless you my brother, Virtualization is here to stay o! most IT departments and companies the world over are using it for hardware and software consolidation and for the huge savings it brings in IT budgets, i suggest u check out the vmware website as they are the market leader in virtualization technology. Sun Solaris has virtualization inbuilt into their O/S with solaris zones where you can create zones ( virtualized environments) within the o/s and run different applications, they had this feature before vitualization became big sha
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by temitop444: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2010
[b]kjkhsjsdh[pre][/pre][/b] smiley wink cheesy angry sad shocked cool embarassed undecided cry
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2010
The Blessings of God shall abound in this house! hello guys and ladies, were are you?A-40?, Azum?, Le-moor? etc
dont let this thread die o! its been one of the longest running thread and the amount of posts is actually higher than what is shown!well apart from Oracle @ work been getting into Django which is a free web framework for developing websites written in python, also got my hands into Oracle development using oracle forms 6i @ work, my boss gave me a project to develop a forms based application for out IT department which i was able to do by the grace of the Almighty, having a good knowledge of PL/SQL is a plus, anyway i hope all your guys are well and i look forward to sharing ideas, networking etc, have a blessed day!
ps Jesus love you and me! grin
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:52am On Sep 17, 2010
Cabali were are you?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by woro: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2010
helo nairalanders i just stumbled on dis thread pls need an assistance on oracle 10g i wud really appreciate if any one culd post a soft copy of oracle 10g to me i av bin trying to download thru google but nt getting d needed/required one pls its urgent u can pls send thru my email saidjide@yahoo.com or any possible arrangement in lagos via phone 08033431535
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2010
Go to the oracle website www.oracle.com and downloa it, you will need to register first though as it will ask you for a username and password, registratioin is free!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by MCSE: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2010
Oracle DBA, You want to earn knowledge about OCA, OCP certification
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2010
Why is Oracle not doing well in Nigeria?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by debone: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2010
tavia technologies is recruiting for software developers, product developers and support analyst (business intelligence)
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2010
it's quite been a long time.this thread is kinda getting cold.guyz,lets keep it up n running.i hv got a question guys.do dumps change? a dump i used in april to write ma sql certificate exam was used by a friend of mine tocwrite same exam sometime this month? i'm preparing for ma oca n i dont want to waste xtra cash buyn dumps.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2010
vivalavida:

it's quite been a long time.this thread is kinda getting cold.guyz,lets keep it up n running.i hv got a question guys.do dumps change? a dump i used in april to write ma sql certificate exam was used by a friend of mine tocwrite same exam sometime this month? i'm preparing for ma oca n i dont want to waste xtra cash buyn dumps.
Dumps change, gradually though. Prepare for the test and be sure to work with the latest dump. All the best
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
hello people. wats happening?been a while, getting deep into application development now using oracle 6i forms for work
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by deliceshop(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hello Guys

We at RBDS TECHNOLOGIES can provide you a domain name of your own and a dedicated server its a new technology called cloud computing we offer this service and we are as close to you as ever we can be check out for details on our web site [url=http://www.rbdstechnologies.net[/color][/b]]http://www.rbdstechnologies.net[/url]

We at RBDS TECHNOLOGIES help you keep all you data online in case your system stop working or your usb backup or hard drive backup failed you we will not

we are featured on one of the nigeria one news paper The Guardian this following link will help you out [url=http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_joomlistings&c=ad&task=view&adid=234[/b][/color]] http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_joomlistings&c=ad&task=view&adid=234[/url]

Matthew Awoyade
co-Founder
http://www.rbdstechnologies.net
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 6:26am On Oct 25, 2010
@Vivalavida
Yes oh dumps change! Usually over a 3-6 month period or thereabout. It seems they are harder to get these days cos that's what most people are complaining about. Have you done your OCA's yet?

@Jimblaze
Oga mi! I see you are doing big things. How is work going? I barely get time to practice with Oracle these days at least on a working environment setting largely due to service wahala. Working on a dummy hospital DBMS just to keep my brain fresh sha. It seems you have switched from DBA to Developer or are you just diversifying?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2010
@A-40 well my boss who is a pakastani Oracle Developer told me to develop o! so i have no choice, but am enjoying it though its something i wanted to get into as it gives me an edge, the line between Dba's and Developers is getting even more blurred nowadays
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Jimblaze
Ahh i see. Its quite annoyin for me though cos what i am doing right now no relate with computer at all! So basically you work with Forms right? And what apps do you create with it?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2010
@A-40, basically data entry forms for users using oracle forms developer 6i, it requires little code though knowing PL/SQL will give it more functionality
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 5:36am On Nov 04, 2010
jimblaze:

@A-40, basically data entry forms for users using oracle forms developer 6i, it requires little code though knowing PL/SQL will give it more functionality
Sounds pretty straightforward (Or is it??) So basically Oracle Forms on an Oracle DB back-end right?? Is it entirely drag and drop or an IDE? (Mixture of both codes and dragging and dropping)
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by oludiza(m): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2010
;Dhello palls, pls am in computer science @ laspotech and our programming isas poor as anything one can think off, pls i need somone to put me through and i eas told that the professional exam is either oracle or java pls where do i start from?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ebenzen(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
House pls i need to know how much does oracle dba earns and is it really lucrative here in nigeria. I almost finish my training on oracle and i thought the centre will get out jobs for student but the case is different here in karrox, Pls how can one get job pls adivse thanks.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
you can try by commiting it to God first, then looking for all the companies that use Oracle, submitting Cv's, reading and practising, reading and more practising, i would advice you become proficient in PL/SQL too as this would give you an edge, and by the way @moderator or seun, how come you guys keep on reducing the number of replies on this post?this should be around one of the longest running post here on nairaland and if am not mistaken it has been downsized about thrice!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jubatus: 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2011
I got my OCP last year.I decided to learn java to broaden my view.I have not started out as a programmer but I need a job badly as probably as Oracle tutor,administrator or anything related.Searching for such jobs especially for beginners via jobsites and newspapers is very frustrating.Please any help or ideas on how to go about getting this much needed job will be appreciated.A job offer will be the best thing that can happen to me now.I could do PL/SQL on the job because I know SQL and OOP/programming basics.In my java practices,I have been able to persist data to  Oracle express via JPA.

I need a job.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 9:10am On Feb 07, 2011
@ jubatus, i like your zeal, but as many Oracle guys in this part of the world, your situation is not unique.Its a common scenerio. my advice is focus on any language like java, C++, or scripting languages like coldfusion, php etc. what i have observed for an average certified Oracle Dba in Nigeria is that you need to delve more into programming to get an audience. Only the experienced /seasoned Dba's can easily call the shots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.