Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52397 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 6:09am On Apr 24, 2010
dominique:

@A-40
thanks i've seen it (pg 15). it's a bit technical for a starter like me but i'll try and get around it.

any point u need clarification let me know and i will gladly do that.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2010
do all the questionz in a dump appear in the actual exam? ASAP.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2010
thanks azum, will do. what i will like to know is the kind of questions that will be asked in a job interview concerning RAC.

@vivalavida
about 70-80% of the (authentic) dump question come out in the exam. make sure you read your instructional materials so you can tackle the questions that were not featured in the dumps.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2010
dominique:

thanks azum, will do. what i will like to know is the kind of questions that will be asked in a job interview concerning RAC.

@vivalavida
about 70-80% of the (authentic) dump question come out in the exam. make sure you read your instructional materials so you can tackle the questions that were not featured in the dumps.

Honestly most questions being asked are hands-on questions. So my advice is to try and do it hands-on. But always expect questions on the services in RAc and there are just tons of them, the interconnect, the VIP, and so on. By the way, i have some nice materials on RAC that i can share with you guys if you can work out the logistics of getting them.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 12:45am On Apr 25, 2010
@Azum
i appreciate. i'm reading a comprehensive q and a about the RAC but most of the explanations are purely theoretical. pls can you explain how to configure 2 or more instances into a cluster, manage and maintain a clustered database and other practical approached to the RAC using the sql command line and enterprise manager.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 4:05pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Dominique
To be honest RAC is quite technical whichever way you look at it. You have to really study the articles and not just gloss through it

Basically what i got quizzed on was how to install and configure clusterware make use of the Oracle Cluster Registry, Adding and removing nodes in a cluster, Ensuring Transparent Application Failover and a few other stuff

And if you need material on RAC i have quite a bit the issue is how do you get it?

By the way i have a friend that wants to do his 10g OCP and hands-on at APTECH how much does it go for combined or are you done there already
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2010
pls just try and explain how to install and configure the clusterware the best way you can. the material i'm reading is a bit too bulky and quite technical.
what's hands on anyways, as far as i know, Aptech doesn't do isolated course. they combine sql, OCA ans OCP in one program and they specialize in 11g database. the couese costs #160,000 minus exam fees. ended my program there last week though i've not written the OCP exam. now i'm at the meercy of the job market.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/rac.102/b28759/install.htm

That link should help its quite lengthy but you just have to go through it but basically it entails how you would:

Identify your directory and evaluate your storage options cos its very hardware intensive

Install the Clusterware itself

Install the ASM (Automatic Storage Management)

And then Install the Oracle Database itself

I hope it helps
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by vivalavida(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2010
Took ma sql database expert exam today n scord 95%.i'm grateful to u guyz.i'v startd preparn for oca i.e savn money coz am an ajuwaya.whoever nids the sql dump shuld just paste his or her email here.its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by aycd44(m): 9:30pm On Apr 30, 2010
Hello guys, I did my OCA (oracle 10g Admin 1) 2 days ago and had 98%. i would like to really have some hand on experience on this ORACLE stuff, because everything i've been learning is like abstract. i only log in on my system and log out. I want to learn things about multiple logins, multiple sessions and especially the grid connection stuff. Pls i would appreciate anyone that could really help me. Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by afroxyz: 7:01pm On May 07, 2010
@ dominique, azum, A-40
plz culd u help me with dumps for OCA. wld be writing my exam sometime next month. thanks. my email addy is afroxyz@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 3:01am On May 09, 2010
@Afroxyz
You should hola Dominique she wrote her OCA's most recently

@Dominique
Did you see my link? Was it helpful? Did you write your OCP's yet?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 9:08am On May 18, 2010
All,

Saw this and thought i should share:

http://www.datadisk.co.uk/html_docs/rac/rac.htm
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2010
can php work well with oracle?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by OboBoco(f): 4:16pm On May 20, 2010
vivalavida:

Took ma sql database expert exam today n scord 95%.i'm grateful to u guyz.i'v startd preparn for oca i.e savn money coz am an ajuwaya.whoever nids the sql dump shuld just paste his or her email here.its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

hi, pls do you have the current ocp dumps, am badly in need of it, i wrote my sql and oca already, am left with the ocp,i got interested in your post since you said you are ''ajuwaya'' , LOLZ coz thats what i am too, pls mail me dazzle37us@yahoo.com, i will be grateful.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by OboBoco(f): 4:26pm On May 20, 2010
it seems like am the only female in this forum, well you guys are very helpful to me with your discussions, i did oracle 10g, and have written my sql and oca exams, am left with ocp, so pls i still need advice, well right now am a corper serving with an it firm, the thing is i was taught oracle on linux but here they only know how to run oracle with windows, though its similar but i still kinda get confused since am already use to running my oracle on linux. so pls who can assist, to understand or cope with the difference. and pls i still need more materials to help me with my ocp thanks, you can mail me with dazzle37us@yahoo.com.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 4:49pm On May 20, 2010
Obo Boco:

it seems like am the only female in this forum, well you guys are very helpful to me with your discussions, i did oracle 10g, and have written my sql and oca exams, am left with ocp, so pls i still need advice, well right now am a corper serving with an it firm, the thing is i was taught oracle on linux but here they only know how to run oracle with windows, though its similar but i still kinda get confused since am already use to running my oracle on linux. so pls who can assist, to understand or cope with the difference. and pls i still need more materials to help me with my ocp thanks, you can mail me with dazzle37us@yahoo.com.

Good that you started out using Linux. Learn as much as you can on Oracle running on Linux because it will stand you in good stead when the time comes for transition from Oracle on Linux to Oracle on other Unix versions. Get books on Unix to broaden your knowledge. With regards to the difference between Oracle on Windows and Oracle on Linux, the basic one is that on Windows Oracle makes use of services while on Linux/Unix it uses processes. This is a good starting point. Like i always say to know more you need to do it hands-on. No amount of book reading can replace the feeling of having done it hands-on. Any basic Windows pc running a minimum of 2GB RAM will do for you. Get one, download Oracle from oracle.com and install. Then practice. Good luck.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2010
@Obo Boco
Pretty funny name and no you are not the only female here there's a lady called Dominique. You do have an edge that most of us didn't which is actually learning Oracle on Linux which means you have a head start as Oracle on Windows is relatively easier compared to Linux. Just to add to what Azum said what are your troubles basically is it Installation, How to use or locate the services and utilities or is it just daily operations you have issues with?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by wizzykid(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2010
Hi everyone, Can anyone pls help me with the right path to follow to get an oracle career. I'm a complete novice and don't knw mch about oracle.
Thnx sad
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Makal: 3:37pm On May 22, 2010
Sub:lookin' forward for Oracle updated dumps 1z0-007.
Sure its zarashk@gmail.com

Thanxs
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by andreialu: 9:54pm On May 22, 2010
Hi Dominique,
Have you been lucky about OCP Dump, I really need them to my 1z0-053 this, Please if you anyone else have this dump, please share: dba446@gmail.com

Thank you all so much in advance,
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by TheNess(f): 1:04am On May 23, 2010
vivalavida:

hiya, congrats! please can you mail the dumps to me? my address is xeeyeah@yahoo.com. cheers
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by TheNess(f): 1:18am On May 23, 2010
Hi people, please can someone give me addresses of testing centres for Oracle
Admin I, Admin II and SQL certification exams, along with how much the tests cost? Thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by azum: 6:01am On May 23, 2010
wizzykid:

Hi everyone, Can anyone pls help me with the right path to follow to get an oracle career. I'm a complete novice and don't knw mch about oracle.
Thnx sad

This is a nice link to start from:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/getting-started/index.html
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by marcar(m): 6:36pm On May 24, 2010
Makal:

I'm awaiting Oracle updated dumps 1z0-007.

Thanxs

can you drop your email addy so that i can forward the one i use to you
TheNess:

Hi people, please can someone give me addresses of testing centres for Oracle
Admin I, Admin II and SQL certification exams, along with how much the tests cost? Thanks

Its cost 22500k per module at meridian Technologies its located inside the capital building at idi-roko bus-stop maryland lagos
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2010
The Lord bless you guys!wats happening long time, wats happening? Lemoor were are@? A-40?Cabal?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 2:03am On Jun 27, 2010
jimblaze:

The Lord bless you guys!wats happening long time, wats happening? Lemoor were are@? A-40?Cabal?
Yeah there's been a lull here as usual. How is work and the fam mehn?? Me dey prepare to go serve my nation lol
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2010
@ Hi jimblaze,

I checked on your profile and you seem familiar, can you contact me for a little chat?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by dominique(f): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
andreialu:

Hi Dominique,
Have you been lucky about OCP Dump,  I really need them to my 1z0-053 this,  Please if you anyone else have this dump, please share: dba446@gmail.com

Thank you all so much in advance,

sorry i can't help you with that, still searching myself sad
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 3:37am On Jul 01, 2010
dominique:

sorry i can't help you with that, still searching myself sad
Go and write that exam Mami! Ahn ahn so if you no see dumps you no go write am??

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.