Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games (3512 Views)

"I Call On President Buhari To Release Nnamdi Kanu" -- Femi Fani-kayode / Nairalanders Please Lets Stop These Incessant Insults & Abusive Posts/comments / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2011
[b]I am a bit amused by some of the charges read out in court detailing what Mr Bankole has being up to whilst at the helm of his speakership. one of them read as thus" buying 25 flat screen TV for N520,000.00 per peice when it should be about N250,000.00."  undecided  What the fuccck  is that all about, what happened to the N1 Billion Dollars discovered in UBA that made my blood boil with uncontrollable rage. One would have taught that would be the first item on the charge list because such a charge would make any Judge's jaw drop not this little inflated prices that most Nigerians are accustomed to. Our Igbo brothers are always buying something in China and sell to us at  X4 the price, "that one no be thief na business" . embarassed

I am hoping, this early charges are just pre-ambles or testing the water or better still salivating our apeptite for the biggie. I hope so, even the N10 Billion loan he took he has given a rather weak but plausible, reasonable and probably not acceptable way of how the money was disbursed. The money was meant to be supplementary increamnet on the allowances the legislators have penned down for themselves, obviously this increase was not captured in the budget hence the reason why he had to go the loan route and he did mention that his allowances and those of his deputy where not increased in tandem, his remained at N100 Million a quarter whilst that of his deputy stood at 80Million per quarter.

So why is Bankole still apprehended, looks like there is no case here, nobody is talking about the $1 billion dollars abi "Mr President get intrest in this amount"  lipsrsealed  ,  looks like everyone has gone silence on the meat of the matter concentrating more on a useless bone and caracas.

I beg Judge let him loose tommorrow, not guilty as charge.[/b]  undecided
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Pukkah: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2011
$1b? This figure sounds incredible. Is/was that in a single account in a single bank? Isn't that over N1.5trillion? How much is the House' budget for all the years he headed it?
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2011
1b?
This figure sounds incredible. Is/was that in a single account in a single bank?  Isn't that over N1.5trillion? How much is the House' budget for all the years he headed it

That was the figure banded about, every social gathering I went to people would start "did you hear how much was found in Bankole's protégées account", in fact when I first heard it I felt like jumping into a plane and fly to Nigeria armed with a fully loaded AK47 to do honours of emptying the whole hot lead on him. But looks like it is lie and a propaganda against him, they should just release him if they have nothing concrete on ground.   cool
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by biachwest: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2011
Releasing him for good or to encouraging more looters like him to keep distabilising our great countries economy and image.He is a disgrace to the new nigeria youths.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2011
Releasing him for good or to encouraging more looters like him to keep distabilising our great countries economy and image.He is a disgrace to the new nigeria youths

is it by making N200,000.00 per TV set he bought for the House abeg talk another one. If they cannot show us some real smoking guns ain't no case to answer
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by ektbear: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2011
I've finally figured you out. You are a PDP man.

Praising the OGDs and Alao-Akalas of the world, castigating the Fasholas, rallying around Bankole, etc  undecided
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2011
I
've finally figured you out. You are a PDP man.

Praising the OGDs and Alao-Akalas of the world, castigating the Fasholas, ralling around Bankole

Show me the $1 billion he stole and would personally pull the trigger on him. Anything short of that $1 billion that made the whole world start talking of the loot is inconsequential. undecided
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 11:40am On Jun 12, 2011
And secondly regarding OGD and Akala.

I said statement of fact, that he built a 12 story building in Abeokuta thereby changing the landscape of the city. I did not condone the N49 Billion he borrowed because I do not know what he did with it so how can I be a PDP man, You mean to say I am a realist.  undecided And on Akala, as bad as he is, he has being the best Governor in Oyo State since 1999, I grew up in Ibadan city, primary secondary , Uni, service and I can attest to that.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by hercules07: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2011
Knowall, I was agreeing with you until you said Akala is the best governor in Oyo state since 1999, I believe the Bankole saga is just initial gra gra by Jonathan, the charges are laughable, Bankole surely has other crimes that can send him to jail for more than a hundred years but they are keeping those ones under wraps, as per contract inflation, what they need to show is Bankole receiving kickbacks on the purchases and not this silly one of a TV costing X amount and Bankole buying it for Y amount, abeg when did Bankole become a purchasing manager sef?
The INEC DDC machine stuff was riddled with so much corruption that if anybody investigates it now, Jonathan o, David Mark o, Bankole o, none will come out clean.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
@hercules7

Akala obviously is not in my wildest imagination close to any of the performing Governors like Fashola, Amechi or Apkabio but when u compare him against those who have ruled Oyo State since 1999, he is the best of a bad lot. Don't forget many of the past Governors did not have the chance of having a second term. One was even impeached half-way through in his first term.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by lanrefront1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
I'm not a fan of Bankole neither do I hate him, but the truth right now is that, it seems the EFCC really has nothing concrete against him.

The 10 billion naira loan scam was had to be dropped by EFCC because it will not hold. An explanation which seems plausible, though not necessarily morally acceptable of how the money was spent on increased allowances has being offered.

Forget the 1 billion dollar nonsense. It never existed except in some people imagination. People should stop being silly. How can Bankole keep 150 billion naira in one account; from exactly where would if be able embezzle such an amount from.

It will seem much of what we were hearing was propaganda afterall.

Make no mistake about it, his arrest is a direct consequence of doing nothing to prevent or supporting the emergence of notherner as speaker in the HOUSE.

I also had a good laugh when I heard the silly TV & co. charges that were being read against him.

Mark my words. Bankole will soon go home free and Madam EFCC will come out of this whole thing looking like a fool.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Blazay(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
Damn right he should be released.
Anything associated with the EFCC is a hoax.
Always was, and will forever be!

Thanks to the "Rabid Ribadu" legacy.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by MaiSuya(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
what about the domiciliary accounts he was alleged to have used to siphon the funds?

surely figures, in this case bank account numbers, don't lie. Those accounts, said to exist in the UBA, as well the proxies used to facilitate the illegal transfers can easily be verified.

So I scarcely can see the need for all this drama.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by bioye(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2011
Mai Suya:

what about the domiciliary accounts he was alleged to have used to siphon the funds?

surely figures, in this case bank account numbers, don't lie. Those accounts, said to exist in the UBA, as well the proxies used to facilitate the illegal transfers can easily be verified.

So I scarcely can see the need for all this drama.

That news was broken by Saharareporters.com and has been found to be a goof.  No evidence or proof of this allegation has been presented by anyone.  Saharareporters also tried to justify this initial report with yet another falsehood that still did not explain the $1bn dollar allegation.  Meanwhile, UBA has refuted the claim.
Links:
1. Bankole $1bn Domiciliary Account with UBA: A Sahara Reporters Goof!
2. EFCC Discovers $1 billion In Speaker Bankole's Proxy Account In UBA
3. Speaker Bankole's Fraud: Details of Accounts Emerge

So the question is why are there so many false allegations against Dimeji Bankole?
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by bioye(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2011
First they confirm he was arrested and in their custody.  Next, they say he had an accident on his way to EFCC to honour invitation.  What's EFCC up to with this Bankole case?

Links:
1.  EFCC arrests former deputy speaker, Nafada
2.  EFCC: Bankole’s deputy, Nafada, involved in auto crash
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
Thank God . . . . , some reasonable people are seeing what descerning minds have known all along, that the charges will turn out to be ruse.

The $1B, N10B allegations are mere propanganda tools to whip sentiments among Nigerians knowing our desire, thirst and hunger for high profile thieves to be catch with mind-boggling amounts as been stolen from our commonwealth.

My mind tells me that the EFCC will come out worse at the end of this media-trial and those that have been exepcting a mother of all disclosures will be disappointed at the end of it all . . . . . .but for know just grab a siddon chair and watch as the EFCC ridicule itself.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by lonelydude: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Bankole has just been bailed.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KnowAll(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2011
Bankole has just been bailed.

I think common sense has prevailed after all, shall we say common sense is truly common.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by MMM2(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
a friend of mine told me dat he saw bankole in a hotel in london.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by victorazy(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
Ye is true
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Withheld: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
;DUBA PLC AND THEIR NETWORK PALAVA is  fraudlent
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by blackpanda: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please fellow Nigerians, u guys have to be patient. i believe the EFCC know what they are doing.
i would assume the anti graft commission is still gathering evidence with regard to the N1b loot. Meanwhile, if they dont charge him (with this seemingly lesser offences), then he may get bail and be able to flee the country like he had planned earlier.
Let us all take a breadth and watch to see how the whole scenario unfolds.
I believe there is some truth to the charges against him, so we must allow the law take its course.
Further, tiff na tiff. Whether na $1billion or common television, its all the same. We Nigerians must not lose our sense of what is right and wrong. Anybody who steals, be it a penny, must be made to pay for it.
I am very sure Mrs waziri would not jst make up frivolous cases against him, knowing fully well that he is in the good books of the presidency.
Bankole has indeed shamed all the youths of this country. And has also gone further to prove the generalisation that corruption is in the blood of almost every nigerian. May God help us all!
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by sesanrota(m): 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2011
Bankole has be granted bail and shortly after the bail he was docked again by EFCC on other allegations
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by kilometer(f): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
lips sealed @knowAll
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by KA24DETT(m): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
In developed countries, public servant lose thier jobs fo lesss than that,,, contract inflation for no matter how small it is,, is wrong.
And u guys wonder how u all gona progresss,, pathetic country with useless followers,,  u all are her saying commin tv inflation and that,
It all adds up,, little here, little there, Gosh,,,, dont u all read the news on how democracy is being practised in other part of the world??.
look at ur comminets "Afterall , na only tv and dvd,, na small thing be that" .  Just shows how pathetic and down rotten that stinking hole of a country is . And u all want progress and democracy dividends,
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Azikiwe86: 3:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
The title of the post is funny to begin with! which silly games are you referring to The silly game that allows a public office holder to plunder billions of naira and is then allowed to go free? the games of justice not being done in order for him to lavish his money abroad? please tell me which games allows an individual to post bail after multiple evidence of monumental fraud?!!

Think Africa Press 'Nigeria Weekly' (weekly Nigeria news roundup) A MUST READ!!------------->http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Gbenge77(m): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
If found guilty he should be brought to book.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by debosky(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2011
Why should Bankole be released? If he stole 500,000 naira, he should be hit with the full weight of the law.

I don't know how genuine the alleged 1bn stories are, but if these are the claims that the prosecutors currently feel confident of prosecuting, they should go ahead.

It is ridiculous and outright dishonest to say he should be released because some other alleged charges have not been brought against him.

If someone stole 500,000 from you would you be interested in letting him go?
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by Roland17(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster
don't tell me the level of illiteracy in Nigeria has caught up with you, with this myopic post of yours.
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by yommys01(m): 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
Release him? No he shouldn't be released. He deserves to go jail and I am sure EFCC is not stupid, they must have strong evidences against him and the fact that the American government is interested shows there is more to this case than what we know.

Let's just hope this is not one of those two years in prison case. I am hoping and Praying all the money he looted will be collected and still jailed ( day dreaming really ).
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by bioye(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2011
yommys01:

Release him? No he shouldn't be released. He deserves to go jail and I am sure EFCC is not silly, they must have strong evidences against him and the fact that the American government is interested shows there is more to this case than what we know.

EFCC?  Really?  Whatever happened to the[b] principle that one is innocent until proven guilty?[/b]  So if someone simply suspects you of stealing even if the person does not know what he's doing, you should go to prison?  Na wah oh!
Re: It Is Time To Release Bankole & Stop These Silly Games by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Another #12billion loan obtained three days to leave office. This guy is a real looter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Disobedience Caused His Woes- Oba Tejuoso / Breaking News: Court Orders IGP To Restore Tambuwal Security Details / Stop Killing Boko Haram Members - Buhari Tells Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.