Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo (4994 Views)

Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Dolapo Osinbajo And Her First Cousin Segun Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by lonewolf: 1:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
The poster of this thread is obviously an i-d-i-o-t. So we should be appointing people into administrative offices based on what their daddy did 40 years ago and not merit?

The underlying principle that informs this thread is daft. The poster should apologise for posting such a moronic thread.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Bawss1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
^
Funnily the OP continues to defend his lame points.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by emmatok(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
KnowAll:

I am not campaigning for anyone I am only saying if Mr President is thinking of injecting new bloods into the system somebody who has ample experience in a particular Government department would be a starting point , that would be a good asset worth considering.

And secondly it looks like you are new on NL, if you know me well(I enjoy writing, and also enjoy controversy).  I wrote on why Saraki would be a good President for Nigeria, 2 weeks later he threw his cap in the ring, I wrote nice things on the virtue of Buhari, 3 weeks later “ BB” wild-fire gained momentum and became a “catch phrase” I wrote on how Tura Yardua was holding the nation to ransom and how we are being Governed by a Dead man, 4 weeks after the National Assembly woke up from their slumber, I wrote on some other controversial individuals that many people do not like, like Akala, OGD,  General Dambaza, Dangote for Governor and so many Nigerian heavy weights if I collect money from these people I would probably be a billionaire by now, but I am still in England doing my own shiiit.

The bottom-line is I am independent thinker, and thinkers with their pens can change and chart new courses for nations, that alone would give me enough gratification than collecting money from people to write like our now famous Mr Omatsheye. grin

@poster

Our dear BABA AWO, fought for everything he got from Nigeria/Nigerians .

If his siblings want anything let them fight for it too.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by lonewolf: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Smh. So make we just dey dash people position and offices because their daddies were good leaders? What kind of aristocratic 13th century thinking is that? "Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo"?!! Compensate ko, mastur-bate ni.

This is a democracy not some ragtag kingdom in the Middle East.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by OWOLAYEMO: 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
This is the dumbest proposal of all time. This can not survive in modern Nigeria. It is merit over zone. No no no, it wont work,sorry dear!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
I think the OP has a valid point  grin I have been in the same Local Government the past 8 years I deserve to be compensated with LGA Chairman for my efforts.  grin Now how does that sound @OP, Forget my name and that I am from the SW too, think about it
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Tzulu(f): 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
It is shocking for the OP to ask for opinions on a subject AND stubbornly stick to his gun on the same subject for which he solicited opinions after getting frank and honest opinions from over 20 people on this thread. He actually started on a flawed note by using the word 'compensation' in this era when we are talking about moving away from old ways of doing things. On the contrary, OP revealing Segun Awolowo has been in FCTA for 6 years (without attracting public attention) is enough to send him packing. If he has been active on his job, he would have been known to be in FCTA. As for OP's caveat that he has never met Segun Awolowo in person, you really want us to take your words for it with this 'bellicose' posture to every contrary view. shocked
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
The poster of this thread is obviously an i-d-i-o-t. So we should be appointing people into administrative offices based on what their daddy did 40 years ago and not merit?

The underlying principle that informs this thread is daft. The poster should apologise for posting such a moronic thread.

The thought espoused here on this thread are an independent thought of a free thinker. I would suggest those who feel uncomfortable with the content and material of the post should shoo of to other threads, throwing tantrums at the poster would not hinder and stop this poster from delving into controversial issues which if you like it or louth is part of my genetic make-up.

I would not stoop low to loanwolf ‘s level trading in insults and popularity contest so as to score some cheap points in what are my private thought, my thoughts are my thoughts and they are non-negotiable if you like go and hit your head on a brick.
 embarassed
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by lonewolf: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
Actually, I am not trading insults with the original poster; all I am doing is pointing out the absurdity of the suggestion that a grown arse man be -- in your words -- "compensated" for reasons you have not quite been able to articulate. This thinking is daft, it is delusional and it is not in anyway connected to the idea of how a democracy should operate.

Nobody is throwing any tantrums at anybody? All I am doing is sonning you mate. The idea that we should just appoint somebody to a role because his daddy was a good leader is absurd both on its face and in its substance. It is a daft idea. And the poster should apologise for proposing such a moronic idea.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by matiltomd(f): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
In the next 100years,people will think Mandela/Awolowo/Abiola/MLK were born of virgins. We are deifying these people at an alarming pace and it moves further away from their humanities.
@ OP, do you realize that over a hundred thousand Nigerians are also qualified (or more though) for that same position and i bet you they'll never smell it till they die. Lil' Awolowo should kindly go rest with the little he's eaten. He obviously rode to where he is on his father's name anyway,

lonewolf:

Actually, I am not trading insults with the original poster; all I am doing is point out the absurdity of the suggestion that a grown arse man be -- in your words -- "compensated" for reasons you have not quite been able to articulate. This thinking is daft, it is delusional and it is not in anyway connected to the idea of how a democracy should operate.

That's absolute blasphemy and i hope the OP knows that!
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by ideylaff: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
I think I also should be compensated after all I'm a Nigerian too, N1billon will be fine.

But seriously, wow "Knowitall" or rather know nothing, did you actually read what you wrote, I mean actually read and understand, so in your opinion Segun (who I happen to know by the way) should be made a minister based on his Grandfathers merits. Really I'm almost lost for words, you are obviously literate (after 3000 posts) so what is your thought process, should all Ziks children be made ministers as well?

We have a long long way to go in this country.

Segun is a Pari Is'he master aka chop clean mouf pesin oooo, no dash am FCT post ooo. 4 starters his role @ the FCT is nothing but a title , dats all,

He does fok all /all day long except chasing personal contracts.in Abuja, pooo, he has only bn quiet lately cos the flowing money has reduced, dats all

He should go an practice law, and learn d trade, instead of using Know all to spin himself into a Ministers Position,

this is Monday Morning Bull men, and now already this has caused a fight between the regions of the country

can we not post with out having a dig at each other Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Kanuri bla bla bla, Plzzzz
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
Compensatory politics? embarassed undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by lonewolf: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
Me sef I want compensation o. I think I should be made President of Nigeria just for the f-u-c-k of it.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Segun is a Pari Is'he master aka chop clean mouf pesin oooo, no dash am FCT post ooo. 4 starters his role @ the FCT is nothing but a title , dats all,

He does fok all /all day long except chasing personal contracts.in Abuja, pooo, he has only bn quiet lately cos the flowing money has reduced, dats all

He should go an practice law, and learn d trade, instead of using Know all to spin himself into a Ministers Position,

this is Monday Morning Bull men, and now already this has caused a fight between the regions of the country

can we not post with out having a dig at each other Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Kanuri bla bla bla, Plzzzz

e be like say I go soon begin charge consultancy fee. I have said times without number I don't know the guy from Adam in the same vain I have spoken eloquently of other Nigerian Politicians in the past without any monetary gain or incentives. I just enjoy stiring the cup a little creating a storm, issues like this test our democratic values and strenght pushing it to the limit.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by OCCULTIST(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Poster: OR ELSE WHAT WILL HAPPEN DOES NIGERIA BELONG TO AWOLOWO?
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Azikiwe86: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
What is compensation vs merit? Yar'Adua was made junior minister after the demise of our former president. That was based on name and patronage. If Segun Awolowo has served in his role with distinction then it is deserved that he is called into higher office. Hard-work will and should be noticed, But he should not be called upon, just to placate the family on the whole. His work should be his legacy.

Think Africa press 'Nigeria Weekly Round-up!! A MUST READ------->', http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
So what should we give to

Mr Azikwe Akintola Balewa bello? These great names too deserve to be compensated from coming from the lineage of these great men
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by juman(m): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
If PDP likes.

Chief Awolowo family is part of PDP people.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
What is your problem if you are not paid to do this? Let segun fight for the post if he thinks he deserve it.  

dayokanu:

So what should we give to

Mr Azikwe Akintola Balewa bello? These great names too deserve to be compensated from coming from the lineage of these great men

i wonder too
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Roland17(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster
If your Visa don expire and you need help from awolowo you 4 talk, this is stupid, so ministerial appointments based on emotion is now thw best 4 Nigeria abi, if na so why not appoint Abacha's son as the minister of Defense.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by dontsin: 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Mr know all as your name implies know all, what do u know about Awo's family? How much of this family do u know. And again why should they compesate Segun? What has he done that waranted compesation? in that case is not only Segun you compesate you must compesate all awo's children becouse segun is the only child of late Awo.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Stonnydrey(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO, A LEADER or RULER? I tried to look back at what he has done for this country, But found nothing, I read an Article that if not because of the greediness of AWO and his fellow men, Nigeria wld have been beta dan this, Just d political Party, free Educatn and nothin more, May Ur Sould Rest In Perfect Peace Baba
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by ChefMike(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
There's no need to canvass for anybody abeg allow the sleeping dog to lie.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by delicious1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
I know the poster has his own opinions-which he has offered here, why can't y'all respect that instead of calling him names?

He has given his points as to why he feels that way, why not just state your own points and move on.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by alexola20(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
Desola,mo gba fun e!! wink
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by ikooko(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
Guys come to think of it, How many northerners got their position by merit anyway.
As long as FCT is concerned, Segun Awolowo will never be FCT-minister over a northerner.

Aloy/Emeka, You are not right on your position about Tinubu and Baba Adedibu.
Westerners are too smart for anyone to take dominance over the region as you may think, we respect Tinubu no doubt and other region are not comfortable because he's smart.

Baba Adedibu is not an illiterate as you think, though he did not attend formal education, he acquired a couple of certificates through private classes before his death, in addition he was smart and rugged as a politician. education is not about going to school.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by AjoMmuo: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Knowall, your argument is flawed big time. You made this whole 'independent' suggestion/s based on the name Awolowo, pure and simple. You may not accept it but it is true. Segun Awolowo, according to you, has worked at the FCTA for only 6 years. And yet you are suggesting he be made a cabinet minister. If he is not an Awolowo, would you have made that suggestion? I am sure there are a lot of other unknown surnames who have PhDs and have worked there for more than 20 years. What would you suggest we make them?

Just, back down. You got it wrong this time,
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ Ajo Mmno

Has d last 3 Northern Ministers been Phd holders, why are we raising d bar when it comes to an Awolowo. I have always said it that name has brought more harm than good to d Gentleman in question, imagine d threshold some people are laying for poor boy, na wa ho undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by AjoMmuo: 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
KnowAll:

@ Ajo Mmno

Has d last 3 Northern Ministers been Phd holders, why are we raising d bar when it comes to an Awolowo. I have always said it that name has brought more harm than good to d Gentleman in question, imagine d threshold some people are laying for poor boy, na wa ho undecided

Nobody is raising the bar on anybody. I pointed that out to show that he may not be the most qualified in FCTA to be made a minister of FCT. Let it be on merit.

Yes, you are right. None of the last 3 northern past ministers had a PhD. My use of PhD again was figurative do not take it otherwise. We are all against people getting rewarded with positions because of where they come from or who they are. You can't be selective on this. I am pretty sure Segun wouldn't want to be made a minister just because his Awolowo's grandchild. If he knows his worth and what he can offer, I am confident he would rather get it because he is Segun who happens to be Awolowo's grandchild.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by gossipmama(f): 10:50pm On Jun 13, 2011
[b][/b] THIS MR KNOWALL THE POSTER OF THIS THREAD OBVIOUSLY KNOWS NOTHING, , HE IS JUST BEING SENTIMENTAL.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Siga: 3:52am On Jun 14, 2011
I doubt if this stupid poster has any sense remaining, after Awolowo and hin family chop all the money finish, u dey talk about hin family, I don talk, fire go burn all of u one by one,
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by PAQ(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
WTF! Compensation for WAT?

Every Nigerian ought to earn whatever position there is, its not his birth right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: Day 2 New Appeal Court Hearing Updates / Now That Atiku Has Resigned From APC, Here Is What Will Happen Soon / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Drum Support For Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.