Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun (4814 Views)

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Is Hon Evans Bipi The Phantom Speaker A Cultist?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by hakanai(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker, a Hausa/Fulani agenda – Fasehun
On June 11, 2011 · In News

By ABDULWAHAB ABDULAH
President, Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, Dr Frederick Fasehun has said the emergence of Hon. Aminu Tambuwal as the new Speaker, House of Representatives was a dangerous development and a slap on Yoruba race.

He noted that the emergence of Tambuwal as the Speaker of the lower House now placed the nation’s governance and leadership of the legislative arm in the hands of a region of the country.

Speaking at a press congress organized by the group to register their discomfort over the development, Dr Fasehun lamented that the step taken by Tambuwal and those who teamed up with him was deliberately planned to scheme out the people of the South West from taking a shot in the ongoing dispensation.

Fasehun, noted that the new Speaker, executed “a malevolent plot, deliberately designed to shortchange the South-West which sailed through and Hon. Aminu Tambuwal from Sokoto State emerged as Speaker.

That places Nigeria’s bicameral legislature firmly under the control of one part of the country. As a result, the North now controls the posts of the Vice President, Senate President and House of Representatives and that is: Number Two, Number Three and Number Four positions in the country’s hierarchy.

“This is very dangerous. It will be the first time such a configuration is imposed on the country. In 1999 when someone from the South-West reigned as President and a Northerner was Vice President, the East controlled the Senate while the North headed the House of Representatives. This guaranteed the equitable balancing of the power equation amongst Nigeria’s geo-political entities.”

He called on the people of the region to be weary of the new political development  saying, “this era of vicious marginalization must be converted into the South-West’s finest hour.

An evil has been perpetrated against the race by this marginalization, no doubt. But rather than fold up and wither away with resentment, our people should synthesise some good out of this episode, seizing it as a golden opportunity for Yoruba Renaissance.

“This is our chance to actualize the true Federalism we have always prayed and clamoured for. This must serve as a clarion call for the Yoruba people and leadership to take their destiny in their hands and fashion out a roadmap for the future of our ethnic nationality.  Since the days of the pre-independence conferences, Yoruba people have always stood for true federalism.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/emergence-of-tambuwal-as-speaker-a-hausafulani-agenda-fasehun/
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by htajz: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
Lol at marginalisation, everybody is crying marginalisation the question is who is marginalising who?.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by EzeUche1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
htajz:

Lol at marginalisation, everybody is crying marginalisation the question is who is marginalising who?.

I would believe that the North is marginalizing everyone now. Or should I say the entire South. They do not need the Yoruba race to control this nation anymore.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by hakanai(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
All crap from the person faseshun!!!! We have passed that level since.Nigeria has moved on.I hope people notice the caliber of people objecting.Most are just tribal champions.The reputable and straight thinking Nationals would say 4k this!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Fasehun can you go take a nap with your own Yoruba agenda.You can come back if its okay to talk Nigerians and not Yoruba only.The NATIONAL HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE means nationally owned and for anyone.Not yoruba house of assembly!!! undecided
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by htajz: 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
Ezeuche The north is not marginalising anyone, why didn't the yorubas support the igbos to get the speaker position?why did the yorubas vote against their own? Why did other souther groups urhobos,igbos etc vote against the yoruba candidate? (He north is only taking advantage of southern disunity to push their 2015 agenda, funny enuf yoruba have already started fighting 2015 igbo presidency agenda and later we will blame it on northerners.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by EzeUche1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2011
htajz:

Ezeuche The north is not marginalising anyone, why didn't the yorubas support the igbos to get the speaker position?why did the yorubas vote against their own? Why did other souther groups urhobos,igbos etc vote against the yoruba candidate? (He north is only taking advantage of southern disunity to push their 2015 agenda, funny enuf yoruba have already started fighting 2015 igbo presidency agenda and later we will blame it on northerners.

You may be right. But remember the North has played a role in many of the South's problems. Dating back to when the Sardauna was interfering in SW affairs. Remember Akintola and Awolowo?

But I do see the Yoruba interfering with the 2015 Igbo presidency agenda and I am not amused.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2011
Crying over spilled milk.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by mithel(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

You may be right. But remember the North has played a role in many of the South's problems. Dating back to when the Sardauna was interfering in SW affairs. Remember Akintola and Awolowo?

But I do see the Yoruba interfering with the 2015 Igbo presidency agenda and I am not amused.

i still wonder why nigerians cant look beyond ethnic sentiments.well you might be right in saying some some yorubas are working against an igbo presidency,and same with igbos against yorubas,but both of them are wrong n just scared the oda region wont produce a good candidate.Me personally aint against an igbo president,am just scared that they might present some1 lyk andy uba,akpabio, or ngige n co as their candidate.i do hope u ppl choose well,that way i can vouch for yorubas that we would support u,most of us are nt tribalists,we luv merit.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by EzeUche1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
mithel:

i still wonder why nigerians cant look beyond ethnic sentiments.well you might be right in saying some some yorubas are working against an igbo presidency,and same with igbos against yorubas,but both of them are wrong n just scared the oda region wont produce a good candidate.Me personally aint against an igbo president,am just scared that they might present some1 lyk andy uba,akpabio, or ngige n co as their candidate.i do hope u ppl choose well,that way i can vouch for yorubas that we would support u,most of us are nt tribalists,we luv merit.

With Bankoles, Obsanjos and Tinubus running around in the SW, I am wary of what your people can produce. We already seen the biggest thief seem to come from both the North and SW.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by htajz: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
South west loves merit indeed with all those thieves as leaders.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by mithel(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

With Bankoles, Obsanjos and Tinubus running around in the SW, I am wary of what your people can produce. We already seen the biggest thief seem to come from both the North and SW.

well,i guess u r infering that easterners r saints.ok o.i agree we have d lyks of bankole n obasanjo.but u wud be showing a lot of bias if you dnt agree that we are actually making steps towards avoiding the lyks of bankole from representing us again.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by mithel(m): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
htajz:

South west loves merit indeed with all those thieves as leaders.

mention them and check if those ppl r nt hate figures in sw now.and also scrutinise if d present leaders have been indited,which shows we are kicking them out.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by EzeUche1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
mithel, your leader Tinubu is an accused drug dealer in U.S. Courts. Not Nigerian Courts, but U.S. Courts. . .

Igbos do not celebrate such leaders. . . undecided
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by htajz: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
Tinubu and bode george are celebrated in the south west while you demonize leaders of other regions.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by mithel(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
EzeUche!:

mithel, your leader Tinubu is an accused drug dealer in U.S. Courts. Not Nigerian Courts, but U.S. Courts. . .

Igbos do not celebrate such leaders. . . undecided

tinubu as u av said was accused n nt convicted or pronounced guilty,and he isnt looking to be presented as our presidential candidate,cos he knows we wont support him for that.

N ur claim about all igbo leaders being "saints" has been noted down,i never knew that. smiley
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by mithel(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
htajz:

Tinubu and bode george are celebrated in the south west while you demonize leaders of other regions.

common,stop being sentimental n be objective,bode george wasnt celebrated by SWners,he was celebrated by his pdp thief mates.he is hated in the SW.as for tinubu,he hasnt been convicted or even found guilty lyk ur man,bode george.

Note that obj,n bankole r hated in d sw too.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2011
And my suggestion is,

let us come together, sit down and negotiate a peaceful split. Else, we can continue to waste our time trying to patch "one" Nigeria.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by aloyemeka1: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
President, Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, Dr Frederick Fasehun has said the emergence of Hon. Aminu Tambuwal as the new Speaker, House of Representatives was a dangerous development and a slap on Yoruba race.  As a result, the North now controls the posts of the Vice President, Senate President and House of Representatives and that is: Number Two, Number Three and Number Four positions in the country’s hierarchy.

He called on the people of the region to be weary of the new political development  saying, “this era of vicious marginalization must be converted into the South-West’s finest hour,

He is right on the money.

An evil has been perpetrated against the race by this marginalization, no doubt. But rather than fold up and wither away with resentment, our people should synthesise some good out of this episode, seizing it as a golden opportunity for Yoruba Renaissance.

Becomerich is finely raising a generation of disciples for his cause.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by T9ksy(m): 10:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
noblezone:

And my suggestion is,

let us come together, sit down and negotiate a peaceful split. Else, we can continue to waste our time trying to patch "one" Nigeria.

Nice proposition but unfortunately the igbos will prolly put a spanner into the plan at the eleventh hour. The landlocked igbos need "one nigeria" more than others in the south.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Adonike(m): 1:10am On Jun 13, 2011
^^
wrong! sad
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by adejoro76: 2:14am On Jun 13, 2011
I thought they say Yorubas are not complaining about their loss?
How the tide turns: now SW cries marginalization cry cry cry cry cry cry
GEJ should please give them the post of PDP Chairman before they start killing Igbos in Lagos
SWners are not smart enough to recognize that Tinubu did all these so that he does not get a competitor to the vacant king of Yoruba throne
Tinubu wants to replace Awo and Obasanjo as the first and second Yoruba kings. He is doing so by selling his people for a pot of dudu porridge.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by gidson12(m): 2:39am On Jun 13, 2011
Lol. . . Now see the cry babies, whinning lil chickens, . I think say them no send, lmao
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Obiagu1(m): 3:44am On Jun 13, 2011
I remember some weeks ago when some Yoruba political analysts were bragging about the unequalled political savvy of the Yorubas and were scornfully laughing at the Igbo. So many permutations were put forward.
If Buhari wins, SW have vice president waiting for them; if GEJ wins, SW have senate president waiting for them.

Now fast forward it to the present day, zero position went to the SW. So what happened to all the Yoruba sophistication?
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by adejoro76: 3:52am On Jun 13, 2011
Speakership: Group attributes S'West loss to leadership gap

Olaniyi Odebode

A group, under the aegis of Concerned Leaders of South-West of the Peoples Democratic Party, has attributed the zone's loss of the House of Representatives' speakership to leadership gap.

advertisement

The group, in a statement on Thursday in Abuja, expressed concern about the status of the South-West in the nation's politics.

The statement was signed by three members of the group, Chief Shuaibu Oyedokun, Prof. Tunde Adeniran and Chief Oyewole Fashawe.

The group lamented in particular the manner the post of speakership of the House of Representatives which was hitherto zoned to it was taken by the North-West.

It hinted that it would create a new platform for raising new set of leaders that had the vision to lead the South-West out of political oblivion.

The group stated the region had contributed immensely to the progress and development of Nigeria.

It added that the party never deserved to be treated with ignominy by ruling party as reflected in the current power equation in the country.

The group said the South-West was grateful to President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP for the initial solidarity they accorded the zone by zoning the speakership of the lower House to it.

It urged the President and the party to address the case of injustice that the zone suffered during the election of House Speaker.

The group said, "With the outcome of the House of Representatives election, the mood in the South-West has been dark, subdued, bitter, volatile and very sober. We are almost in despair and we are a people that feel betrayed and cast aside.

"We believe strongly that the principles of equity, fairness and democratic justice demand that the systematic relegation of south-west zone in national politics should be considered and addressed by the leadership of the PDP at the national level. Thus, we call on leaders of PDP not to tarry in taking the necessary steps towards appeasing the aggrieved south-west zone as a consequence of the sad turn of events."

The group added, "This is germane, politically-expedient and fundamental, because the South-West deserves to have a sense of belonging in national affairs, much as it desires to be part of the PDP family and sustain its relevance in national politics.

"We submit that the unfolding political scenario calls for understanding and collective action within and outside PDP in the south-west as efforts must be geared henceforth, towards reversing the adverse trend in the politics of the South-West."

The group stated that the region had proudly produced great leaders such as in the past in the mould of Sir Hebert Macauley, Chief Adegoke Adelabu, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, Chief Remi Fani-Kayode, Oba Adesoji Aderemi, Chief Adisa Akinloye, Chief Bola Ige, Chief Moshood Abiola, Chief Abraham Adesanya and Alhaja Kudirat
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by adejoro76: 3:53am On Jun 13, 2011
The group said, "With the outcome of the House of Representatives election, the mood in the South-West has been dark, subdued, bitter, volatile and very sober. We are almost in despair and we are a people that feel betrayed and cast aside.

That, my friends, is the real mood in the SW. Not the faked macho mood on cyber space
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by gidson12(m): 7:00am On Jun 13, 2011
^^^i tell you a lot of folks are regularly taking cyber steriods
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by rasputinn(m): 8:17am On Jun 13, 2011
htajz:

who is marginalising who?.

O boy are you sure you're not Paulinus Akpekicos he's the one that's oft wont to use that phrase
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Mynd44: 8:29am On Jun 13, 2011
Sure people love to run their mouths. How come the only people crying are PDP members or people who collect pocket money from politicians? How come the average person on the streets of OSUN is not complaining?
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by lafuria1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
hausa/fulani agenda indeed. an agenda that included the ACN winnig the south west abi, an agenda where the southwest voted for jonathan abi, an agenda where Tinibu agreed to. point of correction, David Mark is not hausa/fulani. fasehun can pls shed more light on the so could agenda. fasheun, u shld ask tinibu why he supported Tambuwal.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by Azikiwe86: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
Such talk will only lead to disunity in the country. let us not forget that the OPC are a sectional group which speak for only a certain people, therefore the feeling of marginalization is bound to be felt by them, hence they feel the need to shout. There is no agenda in this situation. just real democracy evolving(i hope)!

Think Africa press provide an impartial Nigeria weekly report on news and other important issues, A MUST READ---------->http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by adejoro76: 4:38pm On Jun 13, 2011
Mynd_44:

Sure people love to run their mouths. How come the only people crying are PDP members or people who collect pocket money from politicians? How come the average person on the streets of OSUN is not complaining?

So Fasehun is now a member of PDP? OPC headed by Fasehun is now pro PDP. So Fasehun/OPC is/are now bribe collector(s)? I dey laugh ohhhhhhhh
Some people live in perpetual denial, I swear.
Re: Emergence Of Tambuwal As Speaker, A Hausa/fulani Agenda – Fasehun by vicenzo(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
adejoro74.:

Speakership: Group attributes S'West loss to leadership gap

Olaniyi Odebode

A group, under the aegis of Concerned Leaders of South-West of the Peoples Democratic Party, has attributed the zone's loss of the House of Representatives' speakership to leadership gap.

advertisement

The group, in a statement on Thursday in Abuja, expressed concern about the status of the South-West in the nation's politics.

The statement was signed by three members of the group, Chief Shuaibu Oyedokun, Prof. Tunde Adeniran and Chief Oyewole Fashawe.

The group lamented in particular the manner the post of speakership of the House of Representatives which was hitherto zoned to it was taken by the North-West.

It hinted that it would create a new platform for raising new set of leaders that had the vision to lead the South-West out of political oblivion.

The group stated the region had contributed immensely to the progress and development of Nigeria.

It added that the party never deserved to be treated with ignominy by ruling party as reflected in the current power equation in the country.

The group said the South-West was grateful to President Goodluck Jonathan and the PDP for the initial solidarity they accorded the zone by zoning the speakership of the lower House to it.

It urged the President and the party to address the case of injustice that the zone suffered during the election of House Speaker.

"We believe strongly that the principles of equity, fairness and democratic justice demand that the systematic relegation of south-west zone in national politics should be considered and addressed by the leadership of the PDP at the national level. Thus, we call on leaders of PDP not to tarry in taking the necessary steps towards appeasing the aggrieved south-west zone as a consequence of the sad turn of events."

The group added, "This is germane, politically-expedient and fundamental, because the South-West deserves to have a sense of belonging in national affairs, much as it desires to be part of the PDP family and sustain its relevance in national politics.

"We submit that the unfolding political scenario calls for understanding and collective action within and outside PDP in the south-west as efforts must be geared henceforth, towards reversing the adverse trend in the politics of the South-West."

The group stated that the region had proudly produced great leaders such as in the past in the mould of Sir Hebert Macauley, Chief Adegoke Adelabu, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola, Chief Remi Fani-Kayode, Oba Adesoji Aderemi, Chief Adisa Akinloye, Chief Bola Ige, Chief Moshood Abiola, Chief Abraham Adesanya and Alhaja Kudirat
We now know who is the weeping child of nigeria, in his quest to be the numero uno of yorubaland,tinubu does not want another powerful yoruba in the name of a speaker,haha,so he sold it to the highest bidder,may tinubu empire continue to grow,iseee!
He gave us fashola,he will soon give us jesus,who cares about what happens in abuja,he will turn our sw to heaven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil-Wells Crisis About 2015 Election - Amaechi / Dickson Alleges Plot To Destabilise Bayelsa / Ebola Scare - Alarm After Vomiting Passenger Dies On Flight From Nigeria To JFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.