Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever (4675 Views)

Bayelsa Poll: INEC Conducted One Of The Best Elections Ever, Says Gov Diri / How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 11:48am On Dec 11, 2021
Brimstone77:

Yeah everyone have the right to vote who they like..
then y are igbos calling yorubas betrayal for voting buhari in 2015?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2021
Gireiboy:

Then, why the hell are you guys always dragging Yoruba's for voting Buhari in 2015.

Nobody is dragging you for voting buhari..

The last Time I checked everyone including you is feeling the heat of his administration..

So no need dragging you.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
then y are igbos calling yorubas betrayal for voting buhari in 2015?

How did yorubas betrayed igbos in 2015?

The term of you betraying the igbos only live in your imagination..

Good luck is not Igbo..

So where's the betrayal?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by OMBIIGA: 11:57am On Dec 11, 2021
Nairalander, let subject the result spreadsheet to statistical analysis as it's relate to; Kano state, River State and Lagos state and contemporary election turnout of voter.

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Newton85: 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2021
Brimstone77:

Then why wailing now?
Maybe just to show the hypocritical nature of you mkpuru mmiris who are the real Fulani slaves while calling others the same.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by seunolu7: 12:28pm On Dec 11, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
so who was on PDP's balot in 1999?...who announced the results of that abiola's victory at the expense of his life?..ANY IGBO PERSON OR YORUBA PERSON OR PERSONS THAT HIS/HER JOB IS TO CREAT HATE & DIVISION AMONG THESE TWO TRIBES THAT PERSON WILL DIE A MISERABLE DEATH.i am 100% IGBO!I have plenty of Yorubas as friends, neighbors, business partners.many igbos are married to Yorubas, just as many Yorubas are married to igbos!! however,I don't know your mission.TWO WRONGS THEY SAY CAN'T MAKE A RIGHT!..if some igbos in the past offended you, PLEASE FORGIVE for the sake of other igbos.you should also remember that 'MAN" is a fallible being, only GOD is INFALLIBLE!..no tribe, no culture, no tradition is perfect.. only the WORD OF GOD IS PERFECT.

I'd have been more amiable to your comment but your curses are off putting. As recently as 3 years ago, I have never in my life thought of a person as igbo. I'm not saying I don't know they're igbo. But it didn't mean anything to me same way I didn't think the complexion or height of a person meant anything. But as I read from igbos on nairalsnd and twitter, I realised how much hatred these people have for yorubas. It's mostly from their parents and it's related to the pains of Biafra. They've propagated so much lies, insults and bile against yorubas and some of us are tired of letting it slide. We are now countering the hate with the same things you started and now you're preaching peace? It's just how it was with coups, unitary systems of government and voting because the VP is your tribe person. You start it, others rrspons and you start saying they should stop. Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 3:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
Newton85:
Maybe just to show the hypocritical nature of you mkpuru mmiris who are the real Fulani slaves while calling others the same.

Ok
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by VOICEofORIENTAL: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2021
seunolu7:

I'd have been more amiable to your comment but your curses are off putting. As recently as 3 years ago, I have never in my life thought of a person as igbo. I'm not saying I don't know they're igbo. But it didn't mean anything to me same way I didn't think the complexion or height of a person meant anything. But as I read from igbos on nairalsnd and twitter, I realised how much hatred these people have for yorubas. It's mostly from their parents and it's related to the pains of Biafra. They've propagated so much lies, insults and bile against yorubas and some of us are tired of letting it slide. We are now countering the hate with the same things you started and now you're preaching peace? It's just how it was with coups, unitary systems of government and voting because the VP is your tribe person. You start it, others rrspons and you start saying they should stop. Hypocrisy.
I still repeat that any Igbo or Yoruba or any persons that has made him/her self a tool to sow hate among the igbos & Yorubas,may that person die miserably.having said that,I TRUELY don't know how, were it all started.my parents never told me anything bad about the Yorubas, never.i have plenty Yoruba friends, neighbors, business partners..we crack jokes & throw banters at each other!.. coming to nairaland to see all this tribal posts from igbos & Yorubas puts me off.the igbos & Yorubas are the biggest TWINS BROTHERS in Nigeria that, have everything to make NIGERIA work!I personally condemn any Igbo person talking bad about the Yorubas..go to my profile & see for yourself
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by seunolu7: 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
I still repeat that any Igbo or Yoruba or any persons that has made him/her self a tool to sow hate among the igbos & Yorubas,may that person die miserably.having said that,I TRUELY don't know how, were it all started.my parents never told me anything bad about the Yorubas, never.i have plenty Yoruba friends, neighbors, business partners..we crack jokes & throw banters at each other!.. coming to nairaland to see all this tribal posts from igbos & Yorubas puts me off.the igbos & Yorubas are the biggest TWINS BROTHERS in Nigeria that, have everything to make NIGERIA work!I personally condemn any Igbo person talking bad about the Yorubas..go to my profile & see for yourself

Anybody that don't call out igbo when they are starting bigotry but is cursing when it's returned will not live to see next year. But yea, nairslsnd has caused a lot.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2021
seunolu7:

Anybody that don't call out igbo when they are starting bigotry but is cursing when it's returned will not live to see next year. But yea, nairslsnd has caused a lot.
I said igbos & Yorubas or persons.i didn't single out any particular person, group or tribe.meanwhile we can start the hand shake across the river niger.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by flokii: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2021
M.K.O Abiola won massively in the West and North but the Igbos in East voted against him out of jealousy and hate.

The same way Igbos were supporting Babangida and Abacha regime of horror when Yorubas were at the forefront of fight for return to democracy.

The same Igbos destroyed Goodluck Jonathan by playing petty tribal politics and were even filling Igbos into slots meant for Yorubas. Are those the kind of people you want to trust with power??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was Doing Well In Okada Business Until Hope Uzodimma Deceived Me - Abba Kyari / Crowd Singing Peter Obi Song At PDP Rally In Uyo / Remi Tinubu Asks Security Agencies To Tackle Insecurity Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.