Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever (4689 Views)

Bayelsa Poll: INEC Conducted One Of The Best Elections Ever, Says Gov Diri / How Igbos Voted For MKO Abiola In 1993 Presidential Election / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Sonyboom765: 7:46am On Dec 11, 2021
The thread seek to expose the hypocrisy of a foolish tribe that complain about Yoruba making a choice similar to the choice they once made.

Vistra40:
A thread with bigots unleashed. I hate bigots whether you are igbo, yoruba, Fulani, a minority tribe. It also doesn’t matter if you are white, black, green, yellow, grey, brown or blue. Once you are a bigot we have nothing in common. Whatever this thread seeks to achieve is what I am not sure about...

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by stanluiz(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2021
Op stop crying. You can go to the abiola grave and make him president.

What is special about mko abiola ? His he George Washington or Abraham Lincoln ?

Mko abiola is a very corrupt man who was sponsoring corrupt politicians and corrupt military junta's like IBB and co that destabilize and destroy Nigeria.

Mko is friend of ibb and Ibb repayed him very well. So there is nothing to worry about it.

This una blackmailing no go work. We don't own you guys any apology, loyalty or support.

Why didn't you guys vote for GEJ if we go by ur logic ?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Idiko1: 8:05am On Dec 11, 2021
seunolu7:
Abiola was the best president never had. A philanthropic business man. He wasn't interested in stealing money. An investor in sports and youths. Free giving. Detrablised. He won votes across the North. Winning places like Yobe, Kano and Kaduna. He won west comfortably. He would have turned Nigeria around.

But see how igbos voted a fulani man, Tofa over Abiola just because of jealousy and hatred. One of the many betrayals of igbos against yorubas.

Yorubas always will remember.

The bolded is completely idiotic. Sometimes, a person wonders if the Yoruba people think everybody in Nigeria is a fool. Who adjudged Abiola as the best president Nigeria never had? If it was not Awolowo yesterday, it is Abiola today and could be Tinubu tomorrow as the best president Nigeria never had? Yoruba had never made anything best in Nigeria till date. Yoruba, who were brothers to Fulani, cannot be celebrated for wining electoral votes in Kaduna, Kano and Yobe. Jackasses who do not know a squat about political party tend to write craps as represented in the above rubbish. Ndigbo always vote along political party ideology baring tribal sentiments. Even Ojukwu lost election when he joined a political party with a different political ideology home to Ndigbo. Ndigbo voted for a Yoruba peep who shared the same political ideology and a member of a particular party. If the reverse was the case, Yoruba would have decamped in droves from the party instead of voting for Igbo peep. It is foolhardy to expect Ndigbo to vote for candidate who flies the flag of a political party which holds ideologies alien to Ndigbo.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Lastmessenger2: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2021
tamdun:

You'll hardly see any yoruba man call this(Igbo voting against yoruba) a betrayal but these ediots won't stop crying since 2015,at least we voted for Jonathan in 2011 before he decided that we are inconsequential, he ignored yoruba people and they showed him their worth
have Yoruba's ever in their life voted an Igbo man? We voted obasanjo
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Idiko1: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2021
seunolu7:

They only voted pdp in 1999 not Obasanjo. Igbos have history of voting incompetent fulsnis over capable yorubas because of hatred.

You seem to make fool of yourself with any chance available. In case of SDP and NRC, you conjured Ndigbo would have voted for Abiola not SDP. I guess Nigeria is not called basket of fools for nothing.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Tranquillity360: 8:19am On Dec 11, 2021
Landmack:

All ur contributions on Nairaland always have secession/Ipob/Biafra undertones. I have never read a comment on peace & a unifying Nigeria. Always proposing divisive points.
Because Igbos don't want to Continue sharing the same country with Children of hate like Op and his kind here.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2021
Brimstone77:

Igbos voted for who they liked and we own no one any apology for that..

If you don't like it go and swim in kainji dam..

This thread should be thrown to the bin where it belongs..

Rubbish..

Same foolish abiola that bragged that he doesn't need the supports of ndi Igbo to become the president??

The m*rons talking rubbish here probably don't no the story behind all these abiola stuff..
igbos voted for who they like n don't owe anybody explanation but when yorubas voted for buhari u label them betrayals,isn't it?

D same way u can vote for who u like is the same way yorubas can vote for who they like
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 9:24am On Dec 11, 2021
paramakina202:

You are the hateful person here.
In democracy people are free to vote their choice which uncivilise people like you find it hard to accept.
In that election Tofa had an Igbo VP and yet Abiola was able to get subtantial number of votes from the East.
but yorubas voted for their choice in 2015 now n u label them betrayals,have u forgotten tgat buhari also had a Yoruba vp too?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 9:27am On Dec 11, 2021
talktimi:
Nigeria is a democracy and people have the right to vote whoever they wish even if they don't choose your brother. Why are you so pained and bitter ? Didn't Igbos vote Obasanjo in 1999 ? You tribal bigots are so disgusting I swear
then y are u calling yorubas betrayals for voting buhari in 2019?

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 9:29am On Dec 11, 2021
Lionnation:
and you are happy with the idiot you voted in 2015
and u are happy with the idiot u voted in 1993?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Vistra40: 9:43am On Dec 11, 2021
Sonyboom765:
The thread seek to expose the hypocrisy of a foolish tribe that complain about Yoruba making a choice similar to the choice they once made.

Hey now slow it down bro! You don’t have to label the igbos foolish because of politics. I have met amazing yoruba people and am sure you’ve met amazing igbos too. You don’t have to label a whole tribe as foolish because of some jerks. I would also say the same to an igbo who labels yoruba a foolish tribe. There are jerks in every tribe
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by seunolu7: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded is completely idiotic. Sometimes, a person wonders if the Yoruba people think everybody in Nigeria is a fool. Who adjudged Abiola as the best president Nigeria never had? If it was not Awolowo yesterday, it is Abiola today and could be Tinubu tomorrow as the best president Nigeria never had? Yoruba had never made anything best in Nigeria till date. Yoruba, who were brothers to Fulani, cannot be celebrated for wining electoral votes in Kaduna, Kano and Yobe. Jackasses who do not know a squat about political party tend to write craps as represented in the above rubbish. Ndigbo always vote along political party ideology baring tribal sentiments. Even Ojukwu lost election when he joined a political party with a different political ideology home to Ndigbo. Ndigbo voted for a Yoruba peep who shared the same political ideology and a member of a particular party. If the reverse was the case, Yoruba would have decamped in droves from the party instead of voting for Igbo peep. It is foolhardy to expect Ndigbo to vote for candidate who flies the flag of a political party which holds ideologies alien to Ndigbo.

Which ideology did Atiku have for useless flat heads to line up in the sun to vote for him? Which ideology did Tofa have when you voted for him even when his kinsmen voted for the better candidate. The Whole country voted someone but you voted against him because only uou have ideology? You stupid lots think everyone is foolish like you. No wonder you're political orphans, living at thr political mercies of others because of the plain stupidity battling you. What ideology is Ikpeazu using in Abia? Or the Enugu Ugwuanyi. What ideology has past Abia governors used in deepening that shithole of a state into further shit? What were the infrastructural achievement of pdp in SE after 16 years of your pathetic servitude to that party? Ideology? Onyeala

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Lionnation: 10:01am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
and u are happy with the idiot u voted in 1993?
i was not of age in 1993 to vote, don't forget we vote competence, just as we voted obasanjo
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Lionnation: 10:04am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
then y are u calling yorubas betrayals for voting buhari in 2019?
Yoruba was not thinking straight when they saw a brutal failure known to mankind yet when ahead to vote him just to spite Igbo, is there any sense in doing what's wrong because doing the righting will make others happy
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by bencr7: 10:04am On Dec 11, 2021
Abiola was not even a saint either, even d great fela know him very well that why he sang international thief thief ,if can not trust myself and my family is it a Nigeria politicians I will trust that why I am happy that buhari became d president and see wat nigeria turn into if not pple will believe buhari would have change Nigeria. D is d same abiola that destroy ship of Bible's coming to Nigeria
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Lionnation: 10:06am On Dec 11, 2021
bencr7:
Abiola was not even a saint either, even d great fela know him very well that why he sang international thief thief ,if can not trust myself and my family is it a Nigeria politicians I will trust that why I am happy that buhari became d president and see wat nigeria turn into if not pple will believe buhari would have change Nigeria. D is d same abiola that destroy ship of Bible's coming to Nigeria
are you serious?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by hollah123: 10:10am On Dec 11, 2021
Lionnation:
Yoruba was not thinking straight when they saw a brutal failure known to mankind yet when ahead to vote him just to spite Igbo, is there any sense in doing what's wrong because doing the righting will make others happy
u are very stupid, u supported atiku because he has an igbo vp but u don't want yorubas to support buhari with Yoruba vp.

U igbos are d greatest hypocrite in d world,the same thing u castigate others for is the same thing u do with joy

U support your own son but it's betrayal when others support their son, does tgat make sense?

U embrace your own but it's a problem when people embrace their own

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by bencr7: 10:13am On Dec 11, 2021
Lionnation:
are you serious?
my father is a good historian and he told me this when he was telling about d civil war and coups that happen in Nigeria than I was tell him that abiola could have change Nigeria for good d where pple talk good about him.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:35am On Dec 11, 2021
seunolu7:

They only voted pdp in 1999 not Obasanjo. Igbos have history of voting incompetent fulsnis over capable yorubas because of hatred.
so who was on PDP's balot in 1999?...who announced the results of that abiola's victory at the expense of his life?..ANY IGBO PERSON OR YORUBA PERSON OR PERSONS THAT HIS/HER JOB IS TO CREAT HATE & DIVISION AMONG THESE TWO TRIBES THAT PERSON WILL DIE A MISERABLE DEATH.i am 100% IGBO!I have plenty of Yorubas as friends, neighbors, business partners.many igbos are married to Yorubas, just as many Yorubas are married to igbos!! however,I don't know your mission.TWO WRONGS THEY SAY CAN'T MAKE A RIGHT!..if some igbos in the past offended you, PLEASE FORGIVE for the sake of other igbos.you should also remember that 'MAN" is a fallible being, only GOD is INFALLIBLE!..no tribe, no culture, no tradition is perfect.. only the WORD OF GOD IS PERFECT.

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by luizpippo(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2021
alanto:

Why do you guys like to start your comments with you are not Igbo? Is that how shameful it is to be Igbo? I mean can considering this is a faceless forum?

You are naturally a clown.

Am i supposed to claim i am Igbo when i am not just to satisfy you?

I made it clear i am not Igbo so that when i put the crime of the yorubas out, they wont cry about me having betrayed them in 1993

1 Like

Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by talktimi(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
[s]then y are u calling yorubas betrayals for voting buhari in 2019?[/s]
there's something obviously wrong or limited with your level of exposure if you believe every other southerner who isn't a Yoruba man is an Igbo man. Point out where I personally called Yorubas betrayers for voting Buhari or forever hold your peace. I can only tell you the folly or higher cons of your political decision but I'll never force my option on you.
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by paramakina202: 11:24am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
but yorubas voted for their choice in 2015 now n u label them betrayals,have u forgotten tgat buhari also had a Yoruba vp too?

Look politics is all about group or individual interest first, so people vote whoever they believe will protect their political or economical interest.
Don't bring other peoples comment to respond to my comment.When you wrote, I labelled them betrayals where and when?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2021
Newton85:
If he indeed said he didn't need Eboe support to win the election, then he was right.

Then why wailing now?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2021
hollah123:
igbos voted for who they like n don't owe anybody explanation but when yorubas voted for buhari u label them betrayals,isn't it?

D same way u can vote for who u like is the same way yorubas can vote for who they like

Yeah everyone have the right to vote who they like..
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2021
alanto:

So stop crying that Yoruba betrayed you by voting Buhari in 2015

How did Yoruba betrayed igbos??

Good luck is neither igbo no Yoruba..

So where is the beef?
Re: See How Igbos Voted In Nigeria's Most Important Elections Ever by Brimstone77: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2021
Gbagura:
Those that matters in your region are kneeling across the country for at least 1 week president. Who are you sef to say ibo don't want president?

Make OUK catch you with that rubbish you spewed.

We don't have those that matters in our region..

In my region every one matters, we aren't like you where your corrupt elite determine your future..

The less then 10% hungry politicians in the east doesn't represent us..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: APC Binani Declared Winner Of Adamawa Governorship Election / Breaking News. Ibb Arrested By Efcc / Shocking! Nigerian New Customs Chief Forges Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.